• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Zari Island RP

Legend, back in the room, was winning the battle against Hachi. She had a claw in the air and was standing over him. "Happy birthday, Hachi," she sneered, and dealt the final blow.

Wildfire suddenly saw a group of Pokémon in the distance. He was curious, and leaped down from the trees. "Hey, who are-

"Hi everyone!" He shouted.

Solar nodded. "Glad to see you back, too, Wildfire."

Sora flew down beside him. "I'm here, too."

Seki looked up in amazement at the Pokemon who had just appeared. "Wildfire is back!" he exclaimed, resting a hand on his shoulder. "How did you escape? Something breif; no need to go into detail."

"What do you mean? Oh, uh... I don't know. I can't really remember."

A guess instantly popped into Sora's mind.

Solar called out, and within seconds, the three that had departed from the rest of the group returned. "Everyone! We found Wildfire!"

Shaowflare called out, "I assume it's the other Ninetales you told me about?" before dashing to meet her.

((No need to be rude.))
Wildfire swished his red tails. "Hello. My name is Wildfire. Who are you? I haven't seen you around here."

"I'm Mysti. Nice to meet you, Wildfire!"
((And sorry for the gender thing. Wait... Me=Female Ninetales, Wildfire=Male Ninetales... How shall this turn out?))
"So... Now that we've found him, what do we do?" she asked Solar.

((MAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!))
"First thing is go back and see if we can rebuild the village," Solar replied.

They had no idea, however, what was happening...

A Kabuto lurked in the depths of Hachi's lair. He paced back and forth, thinking, He said he would be back by now... Maybe he's delayed... or even worse...
dead.

((And apparently, with Solar and the rest of the group, breeding groups don't apply.))

Hmm... she wasn't so sure she believed that. But Arylett decided not to pursue it, it was none of her business after all.

...Wait for their deaths? Now that sounded odd. The place... though it seemed a bit odd... did not seem dangerous. Mostly there were just a bunch of Pokémon, who didn't seem intent on doing any harm. She shrugged off Silvia's comment, her head aching somewhat. Even with the berry... she still felt a bit woozy.

"I'm sorry... you want to go with her... don't you?"

Silvia sighed. Arylett, as unlikely as she may seem, may be more perceiving than she thought. "Yeah," There's not point in lying, "After all, Sora seem to know more about this place than we do. I thought I'd have a higher chance of getting out of here if I follow her..."

Wait a second. Now that she's thinking about this, maybe staying with Arylett wouldn't be so bad after all. Sora may know more than they do, but there's another option that Silvia hadn't though about before: Death. Maybe, this is just like a dream, and the way out is either to wake up, or to force oneself to wake up. And dying is usually the best way to do it.

The Linoone shook her head. Who is she kidding? Dying will not get them out of here. If she dies, then she'll just end up, well, dead. Maybe traveling will be the best option after all...

But Silvia can't get the idea out of her head now she's thinking about it. If this is a dream, albeit a strange one, then all she would have to do is to wake up. She knew that hitting herself won't work; otherwise, she would have been out of here now. Now, the only thing to do is to try to defy the laws of physics. If it is a dream, then she should be able to do things she should not have been able to do before... Like flying.

"I've got an idea!" Silvia exclaimed out loud. A stupid idea, perhaps, but an idea nevertheless. "My hypothesis is that this is all a dream, just a really realistic one. Now, all I need to do is test this hypothesis by doing something that would otherwise be impossible to do when awake." Bah! Pathetic. Who is she fooling anyway? There's no way this would work. "When we tried to use attacks, it didn't work because we don't know how. And it's always impossible to do something that we don't know how to in dreams, especially when you know you're in a dream." She probably had lost Arylett already. Oh well. "Sora may know attacks because she's in a deeper sleep, so her subconscious mind is making up everything for her. We, on the other hand, are more aware of ourselves, therefore we can't use attacks." This may actually make sense. Hmmmm...

Silvia took a deep breath. "So, the best way to test this is for me to, say jump off a tree and try to fly or something, since I know how to fly, at least in dreams, so if I can fly here, it means this is a dream. If I can't, then it means that this is not a dream, and we're seriously screwed." This is totally stupid. She should really shut up sometimes, yes she should. But the possibility of success, and perhaps getting out of here...

Well, the Linoone noted, the worst thing that can go wrong in this experiment is for her to hit her head, right?

((Fwahhh random long thing. Don't read it if you don't feel like it.))

(Oh dear, I had forgotten about this~ But now I am back. And yes, that confused the Real Arylett a bit as well.)

Hmm...

Well she had sort of gotten the gist of it. It... it somewhat made sense she supposed. To be honest... it did not seem like a dream. It seemed too... too real. In a dream, she wouldn't even contemplate the idea of it being a dream, because in dreams Arylett never questioned things as she did now. And it probably was not, as crazy as it seemed. Something within her... within Arylett... it... it was a feeling. Just an odd feeling she couldn't explain. A sureness. A sense. She could sense that it wasn't a dream.

...And she was sure it wasn't just because she hit her head and felt a bit dizzy. Her head still was a bit woozy. But she knew, she still had that sense.

It wasn't a dream.

"I... I don't think it's a dream. But if you want to try it... go ahead. I just... if this were a dream, we wouldn't be questioning it. Usually in my dreams I wouldn't think any of this was weird... if it was happening. I would just accept it as normal and would not even think about it being a dream. But... go ahead just to make sure. Just... I hope you don't get hurt... you don't really have to, you know."

So Arylett still didn't think this is a dream. And to be honest, Silvia herself didn't think so, too. But it never hurts to test stuff... Who knows? She might wake up.

With quite a lot of trouble involving tangled Escape Ropes and bendy tree branches, Silvia managed to climb on top of the Oran Berry tree Sora had found earlier. Linoones aren't meant to climb trees, she noted. They also are not supposed to be even thinking about climbing trees.

This is a bad idea. A really bad idea. Silvia looked down from the tree top. It's not that far from the ground. Just a few feet, surely. The Oran Berry tree looked so innocently small before she climbed it. But now, looking down, the tree seem like a mile high. Probably more.

Silvia looked about her. It's a rather nice view up here, really. Maybe she should not jump and live her nice life as a Linoone....

Too late.

Right before that horrifying fall, Silvia saw something in the distance. It's almost like a tower, but not quite.And for all she know, it could have been a tree, but it didn't look like one... More like something man-built. Something unnaturally, well...

Silvia landed on all fours rather painfully. Linoones aren't supposed to fly, either... At least she's not seriously injured. And her hypothesis had just went poof. She struggled up and gingerly tested the ground. So she can still walk... And her feet weren't broken... And this is not a dream....

Silvia decided that she should probably not try to kill herself now.

((Just when I decided Solar was a Luxray...))

Solar began to run back to the village, with Sora flying behind him. She hoped the rest would follow, and the village was in sight. She was excited to rebuild it, but then there would be one problem.

But now was not the time to think of it. Wildfire and the rest were behind them, too, and they all were excited, except the serious ones like the Vespiquen... or perhaps Vespiking.

Seki followed Solar quickly.

"I wonder where my teacher is..."

((Short post D: Where's Flareon-Chan?))

Back
Top Bottom