• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pet Peeves

-Fucking jeans. If we were a truly progressive society, we'd all be wearing sweatpants right now. They're so much more comfy and let you move around and actually let you use your pockets.
no, because sweatpants are hideous and get really hot and are all elastic-y and I can't stand the texture against my skin, and imo jeans are really comfortable, unless they're too big.

People who hate me for no reason. I don't get why people will dislike me, but have no reason to back it up with. They'll just say I'm 'annoying' and that's reason enough to hate me.
there're reasons: it's just that most people aren't going to actually say, "Hey, you were being a dumbass here, here, and here, and you haven't done anything to offset that so I don't like you."

- people being dumb
- people bothering me when the question has been answered and the answer is holy crap EASY TO FIND
- useless thread titles
- useless tags
- 99% of sprite edits
-- actually let's just make that 95% of the art forum
--- and the writing forum too
---- and the poetry forum sucks (sorry MD)
----- and the roleplaying forum's pretty sad too
- people who won't admit when they're being assholes
-- people who consider themselves better than anyone remotely snarky when they agree with what's being said: they're just not saying it
--- but people who actually don't care are fine :3
- when my mom leaves the microwave door open
-- when mom leaves the !butter out
--- when mom forgets about the "refrigerator"
- people who consider themselves better than people who like things that are dumb but pretty
-- but people who consider themselves better than people who like things that are dumb and have awful art, too, are fine (hi Ouran High School Host Club. sorry Ouran fans but the art is godawful and it's time for everyone to admit it :((( )
- people who like things just because it's japanese
-- people who hate things just because it's japanese
-- 90% of this thread: I'm sorry but your badly-butchered name in fail-romaji is not japanese.
- sucky translators who are very obviously DOING IT WRONG and one requires very little knowledge of both languages to figure this out
-- re: Viz, 4Kids, some scanlation groups (but at least they're not being paid for it)
- bandwagons
-- unless they have an appeal such as "this is pretty". "everyone else is doing it" is not a valid option
- quoting people and responding to them inside the quote tags, usually in bolded text. you are doing it wrong.
- using memes intentionally when they're either heavily dated or exclusive to one particular segment of the internet
-- typing in meme-speak
--- chatspeak sucks too
- approving of rape or belittling rape victims
-- but for fuck's sake don't try milking "I WAS RAPED" for all it's worth. no one cares after a while

Got bored.

- people who are younger than 14yo being on this forum

:[

Anyway:
-Pretty much everything on www.notalwaysright.com
-Extremely ignorant people
-Hypocrites
-People who can't take constructive criticism
-People who don't even acknowledge said criticism
-N00bs who don't realize that nobody likes them (like I used to be. Let's hope I'm still not such a n00b D: )
-N00bs in general
-Chatspeakers
-People who cannot spell correctly
-RPers who never actually contribute anything of worth to said RP
-People who try to shove their beliefs down everyone else's throat
-People who act is if their belief is the absolute only way to go and anyone else's belief doesn't matter
-People who make fun of gays and/or hate gays
-Discrimination in general

I'm not going to post every single thing that annoys me, I'll never be able to think of it all. So I'll just post things that I don't like that also happen to be fairly unusual. And extremely irritating.

Actually, this one thing is going to take up loads of room, so I'll just do this one for now. >>

The sound of people chewing.

I could make an entire essay about this. Me and my sister often exchange glances whenever we're with someone who eats loudly, but it's me who has to fold over her ear and hold it, and occasionally move it about so that it makes the only sound I can hear just so that I can't hear that one person chewing. Usually I'll just leave the room or something and eat by myself if it's with family, but then my mum thinks I'm being awkward and goes off on a rant about how teenagers always want to eat away from their parents because it's not cool. D< There are several people I know who seem to eat as loudly as they can JUST TO ANNOY ME but then I realise they actually don't even know they're doing it. Is it just me who notices everything and makes sure not to do anything that would annoy me, in case it annoys somebody else? Just the sound of adults using as much spit as possible to chow down their crap... argh. I've practised chewing in mid air and with food and stuff to practise different techniques, and how people could chew better - you could just move your mouth up and down, using your teeth like you're supposed to rather than doing it by moving your mouth like a llama and using more spit than a llama. I mean seriously. You don't actually need to use that much saliva. You can just chew perfectly well using your teeth instead. Your tongue doesn't even need to get that involved, you know.

Interestingly, it's children that seem to chew quieter. Of course, I'm just completely disregarding the ones that chew with their mouths hanging open, but they seem to notice the sound of people eating or something. Adult men seem to be exceptionally bad, or maybe that's just my experience. But my dad and my mum's boyfriend are exceptionally noisy chewers...

Oh, and don't even get me started about gum. OH WAIT TOO LATE. I was once in an exam with someone chewing so loudly next to me, and so gormlessly, that somebody else noticed and mentioned it after the test was over! A sign to just how bad it was.

For now, I am done. Yes I'm aware I'm crazy. :D
And this is just one of the things that irritates me that I could make an essay over~~

-People who decide it's okay to use improper grammar, and then have a go at someone else for using an alternate spelling they don't use.

-The fact people always think I'm 12, 13 or 14. I need to so something about myself. Fast.

-People who clearly aren't awesome who declare theirself as awesome.

-The Granny Page Turn (licking fingers then rubbing their fingers all over a page to make sure they aren't skipping a page. You're not supposed to make noise when reading a book
-The person who thought that packing Styrofoam in boxes was a cool idea. No one wants to hear that scratchy noise when they unpack.
-People who try to keep the conversation going even when it is obvious that you aren't listening/paying attention/and don't care. I mean, if I'm not responding back or giving a 3 word response then it's obvious I don't care.
-People who always blame other people for their stupitidy (my brother got angry one day and threw his DS down and broke it because I played a joke on him and said that I had to mop the floor and that he had to wait 10 more minutes to eat lunch. Now everytime I bring it up he says "WELL YOU MADE ME MAD!". Err, I didn't tell you to throw your DS down on the ground
-People who have stupid impulses that messes everyone else up a.k.a. throwing a DS on the ground because you had to wait 10 more minutes to eat.
-People that try to talk to you when you are reading.

I'm not going to post every single thing that annoys me, I'll never be able to think of it all. So I'll just post things that I don't like that also happen to be fairly unusual. And extremely irritating.

Actually, this one thing is going to take up loads of room, so I'll just do this one for now. >>

The sound of people chewing.

I could make an entire essay about this. Me and my sister often exchange glances whenever we're with someone who eats loudly, but it's me who has to fold over her ear and hold it, and occasionally move it about so that it makes the only sound I can hear just so that I can't hear that one person chewing. Usually I'll just leave the room or something and eat by myself if it's with family, but then my mum thinks I'm being awkward and goes off on a rant about how teenagers always want to eat away from their parents because it's not cool. D< There are several people I know who seem to eat as loudly as they can JUST TO ANNOY ME but then I realise they actually don't even know they're doing it. Is it just me who notices everything and makes sure not to do anything that would annoy me, in case it annoys somebody else? Just the sound of adults using as much spit as possible to chow down their crap... argh. I've practised chewing in mid air and with food and stuff to practise different techniques, and how people could chew better - you could just move your mouth up and down, using your teeth like you're supposed to rather than doing it by moving your mouth like a llama and using more spit than a llama. I mean seriously. You don't actually need to use that much saliva. You can just chew perfectly well using your teeth instead. Your tongue doesn't even need to get that involved, you know.

Interestingly, it's children that seem to chew quieter. Of course, I'm just completely disregarding the ones that chew with their mouths hanging open, but they seem to notice the sound of people eating or something. Adult men seem to be exceptionally bad, or maybe that's just my experience. But my dad and my mum's boyfriend are exceptionally noisy chewers...

Oh, and don't even get me started about gum. OH WAIT TOO LATE. I was once in an exam with someone chewing so loudly next to me, and so gormlessly, that somebody else noticed and mentioned it after the test was over! A sign to just how bad it was.

For now, I am done. Yes I'm aware I'm crazy. :D
And this is just one of the things that irritates me that I could make an essay over~~
...Some people can't help it, they just chew loudly without knowing or being able to control it. D:

Also, some people have oral fixations and NEED to have something in their mouths or they'll go crazy. As in gum. Gum is good.

Yes, I am part of those "some people." Muhehehe, oh Cirrus, you'd probably not like me because of my annoying chewing habits~

-People who won't listen to logic, even when it's being delivered in a kind way. When I was in sevnth grade, we were placed in 3 member groups and told that we were an ancient civilisation whose crops had shriveled from lack of water. We were given three options: 1. create an irrigation system. 2. leave our home. 3. rob our neighboring civilisations.. We chose option 1, but one girl in our group thinks we should put our smaller plants in a greenhouse. A greenhouse. In a society that /just/ realised it can write on clay tablets. We're going to build a house of glass - which the teacher made a point of telling us we hadn't invented yet. The other girl in the group agreed. Majority ruled. We got a C.
- When people are expected to group with others of their ethnicities. A. It's stupid. B. Where does it leave me?
- When someone has a loud opinion regarding something but you can tell they haven't actually done any research. Okay, you think Obama will be a horrible president. What are you basing this on?
- People who never smile.
- When, within twenty minutes of meeting me, people crinkle up their noses and blurt out "What are you?". I'm a human. I don't demand your ancestry, do I? ...It's not even a polite way to frame the question. o.o;
- People who like something just because it's Japanese. It's not a synonymous with 'perfect'.

That... is nuts o.O
Yesterday, at the museum where I work, a Uni. group came in and I thought they were several different groups because there were thirty-something Asians, slightly less blacks, fifty-something whityes and 10-20 Hispanics. Mixed people were sort of dogging along with whomever they most resembled.

-kids who think they know ~everything~ about politics and use this as an excuse to say 'our president is dumb because of this quote lolol'

Ok fuck the dashes.

I really like it when people go 'I hate closedminded people' and then go on to say like 'all religion is bullshit' or whatever.

I also adore it when people give me that look of 'go away ye diseased alien' when I tell them I don't listen to music every minute of the day.

Also when you go 'hey turn the volume down' and the person who you're talking to has to turn off their music or tv or whatever in order to say 'what?'

Also the way I can't use the word 'fags' without having to worry that someone'll get upset. I love that word. Fags fags fags. It's so friendly. :c

-internet explorer
-thinking that "my mom/dad/relative/priest/holy book says so" is logic
-pro-lifers
-associating gay with evil
-using gay, queer, homosexual, etc., meaning stupid or pointless
-people that completely ignore something just because they dislike it
-disrespect in the form of "no" when they ask you to take out the trash or switch the laundry

- Bad grammar. I don't mind the odd error but it really does irritate me when people just can't be bothered to type better than a chimpanzee.
- Ellipses with more than 3 dots. They look stupid.
- when people from any country of the UK get offended when called "British" and/or act like it's wrong to refer to us as such.

- when people from any country of the UK get offended when called "British" and/or act like it's wrong to refer to us as such.

-Speaking of this, when people have aneurysms over people saying England/Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland because it should be Britain when the person means England/etc. as a specific place.
-People who can't use apostrophes (or bad grammar in general).
-Creationism (actually, religion in general is pretty irritating imo)
-lol lhc will kill us all
-Oh so many more that I can't be bothered to list.

* people using "then" instead of "than"
* people leaving doors open when there are bazillions of distractions outside. ESPECIALLY at school
* certain things not being perfectly aligned
* people who interrupt
* when cover songs end up being more popular than the originals
* people who cannot do the simplest of things on a computer coughdad
* the living room table being moved

Ambipom said:
People who have no self-esteem
also cheers

edit:
Foxhog guy said:
but dude its when people are all "oh hay I love British accents" when they mean typical southern English or like when they think Britain = England
then it gets on our friggin nerves

-Speaking of this, when people have aneurysms over people saying England/Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland because it should be Britain when the person means England/etc. as a specific place.

People actually do this?

some more

-going to bed late when i have to wake up early the next day
-waking up at about one in the morning dieing of thirst
-not having oreos in our pantry D:

can't think of more now.

Back
Top Bottom