• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pet Peeves

- people who use "dieing" and think it's a word

I hate that too, but firefox seems to recognize it. :/

-lol lhc will kill us all
I don't find that annoying, I find it funny.

More by me.
-People who change their avatar too often, because I see avatars as a way of recognizing someone. If I see a new avatar, I look at the username to learn this avatar = username. If it's someone I already know, then I have to forget their old avatar. Some cases are different. Like, if Castform changes his, and it's still a Spheal, I know that Spheal = Castform. (not that Castform changes i too much, I just couldn't think of another member who uses similar avatars each time)
- When you wake up on Saturday, look at the clock, see that it's 10:00 or something and worry that you're late for school, only realizing what day it is until you're up and getting ready.
-There was one BIG one I thought of earlier on, but I can't remember it now.
-When I forget something and can't remember it no matter ow hard I try.
- When you can't go on the grass because the river next to your school is flooding.
- When some closed their umbrella in your face and the water goes all over you.
- People who go outside, not notice that everyone is trying to get shelter, or wearing a coat/umbrella, and wait until they're soaked to say 'aww it's raining!'
- People who kick puddles of water at you while you're eating.
- People who eat with their mouth open.
- When you're so early for school that you think you're late because nobody's outside/you go to your classroom and it looked like everyone already left.
- When your printer decides to run out of ink the night before the due date for homework that was set by a teacher who never believes the 'my printer ran out of ink' excuse.

Small thing; it bugs me when people say "I hate people who ___.". You probably don't. You hate it when people ___, but the odds are that they're perfectly nice, if flawed, human beings that you don't actually hate, but simply dislike an aspect of, like their tendancy to chew noisily or spell incorrectly.
Hate is such a strong word D:

Another that I just remembered:
- When people ignore you.

Person - Did the hinges on this door used to be the other way around? It used to open the other way.
Me -It always opened that way, remember how you used to ja-
Person - Hey *Person 2* did you see that film that was on during the holidays?

EDIT: When the internet is so slow that is tries to get you to double post even though you only pressed the button once, takes ages to let you edit your post, doesn't load the quick reply box and completely stops loading that youtube video that was a almost at the end anyway. D:<

-I hate when people are trying to sound smart talking about math, the n they throw in a "plus 1 and two" or "minus 5 and 3." It seems that no one knows the words "add" and "subtract"!!!!

Let me think of a few.

~Hannah Montana, and other recent Disney people
~When people type in all caps just for fun
~When girls wear clothes that reveal too much on purpose(and when they stuff their bras).
~How people look down on you for liking cartoons.
~How people only talk about how depressing their life is.
~People that would do anything for attention.
~When people chew their gum real loud or they constantly blow bubbles.
~When people talk about others behind their backs.
~People that use chat speak on message boards. It's as if they never had an English teacher before.

I'll come up with more later.

Another that I just remembered:
- When people ignore you.

Person - Did the hinges on this door used to be the other way around? It used to open the other way.
Me -It always opened that way, remember how you used to ja-
Person - Hey *Person 2* did you see that film that was on during the holidays?
Oh my God. YES. I can't believe I failed to mention one of the things that I just dislike the most. This happens to me much more than I'd prefer.

Me: "So, um... what's your favourite colour?"

Person: "Blue. It's really nice."

Me: "Eh, I suppose blue's cool, but mine's-"

Person: "So Whoever, how's your boyfriend?"

Me: >> ;;Used to this, but still irritated;;

Also ties into an intense dislike for being interupted when talking or cut across.

...But I guess I'm not that interesting to talk to, eh, I can understand why. Favourite colours are not the best of topics, I'd admit.

- Guys who wear their trousers so low you see most of their boxers. I mean, low-cut jeans can be sexy if they just show a tiny bit of underwear when the guy's got his shirt off, but the ass hanging by the knees is horrible.
- When comics move so slowly it takes a week for anything to happen because there are too many panels dedicated to walking and contemplating and useless shit. Especially when comics like this are syndicated, ugggh.

- Guys who wear their trousers so low you see most of their boxers. I mean, low-cut jeans can be sexy if they just show a tiny bit of underwear when the guy's got his shirt off, but the ass hanging by the knees is horrible.

Does anyone else just get the urge to pull them down and run like hell?

- When people call any and every slow song a "ballad". I've actually heard the song Nude by Radiohead referred to as a ballad. Many times. D:

EDIT: also when people say "e" for a gender-neutral pronoun. i mean it would be a good idea if it was widely accepted but it's not.

Last edited:
Small thing; it bugs me when people say "I hate people who ___.". You probably don't. You hate it when people ___, but the odds are that they're perfectly nice, if flawed, human beings that you don't actually hate, but simply dislike an aspect of, like their tendancy to chew noisily or spell incorrectly.
Hate is such a strong word D:

^agreed.

Boys who wear tight pants
Girls who wear super-low cut shirts. And then skip down the hall.
People who don't capitalize the word, "I".
People who generalize based on age. GOD PEOPLE, not all twelve-year olds are completely retarded >.>
Idiots.
People who swear excessively.
People who say "timesed", "plused", or "minused". Seriously.. wtf?

Um, yeah.

People who generalize based on age. GOD PEOPLE, not all twelve-year olds are completely retarded >.>
People who swear excessively.
People who say "timesed", "plused", or "minused". Seriously.. wtf?

Yes yes yes.

Age thing - to add on this, people who treat you as if you're younger that you are. The line 'OH HAVENT YOU GROWN!' when visiting relatives is fine for 5 year olds, not 15 year olds.

Swearing thing - People who swear for no need. 'I'm worried that my results are gonna be shit' Maybe it's okay to swear if they are, but if you don't know why are you swearing? It doesn't make you cleverer or anything.

Maths thing - Timesed isn't as bad than the other two, but still annoying. Added and took away are fine.

P.S I like your banner.

Age thing - to add on this, people who treat you as if you're younger that you are. The line 'OH HAVENT YOU GROWN!' when visiting relatives is fine for 5 year olds, not 15 year olds.
Well most likely you have grown.

Swearing thing - People who swear for no need. 'I'm worried that my results are gonna be shit' Maybe it's okay to swear if they are, but if you don't know why are you swearing? It doesn't make you cleverer or anything.
"Shit" is a word like any other. I'm not using it because I think it makes me "cleverer". In fact, "cleverer" is far more annoying than "shit".

Well most likely you have grown.

"Shit" is a word like any other. I'm not using it because I think it makes me "cleverer". In fact, "cleverer" is far more annoying than "shit".

1. It's the way they say it, not what they say. Hence the ALL CAPS.
2. I agree, but some people say it because it's supposedly a bad word.

Actually I think very few people purposefully use "shit" to be cool. I think they use it because it's a useful word.

Shit was just an example. Other swears count too.

Also, you obviously haven't met many idiots if you've never met anyone like that.

Back
Top Bottom