• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Requesting a Signature Attribute for my Rhyhorn, King Dodongo (approval).

[King Dodongo] Rhyhorn (M) <Rock Head>
Signature Attribute: Flexibility

As a small child, King Dodongo watched the other Rhyhorn and their families creaking around slowly, hindered by their inflexible joints and heavy bodies. Determined to become better than those around him, King Dodongo began to exercise and stretch his joints and muscles whenever possible, and as a result, he has become much more flexible than other Rhyhorn.

Effects: King Dodongo’s flexibility allows him to begin with a 10-point boost to his base Speed (from 25 to 35). However, his flexible joints are more susceptible to attack than those of other Rhyperior, so any opponent’s attacks that hit his joints will strike critically, effectively making any attack that strikes King Dodongo begin in a critical hit domain one higher than usual.

As a small child, King Dodongo watched the other Rhyhorn and their families creaking around slowly, hindered by their inflexible joints and heavy bodies. Determined to become better than those around him, King Dodongo began to exercise and stretch his joints and muscles whenever possible, and as a result, he has become much more flexible than other Rhyhorn.

Effects: King Dodongo’s flexibility allows him to begin with a 10-point boost to his base Speed (from 25 to 35). However, his flexible joints are more susceptible to attack than those of other Rhyperior, so any opponent’s attacks that hit his joints will strike critically, effectively making any attack that strikes King Dodongo begin in a critical hit domain one higher than usual.

It looks okay for the most part, but the increased crit chance description at the end is a bit unclear. In the first part of the sentence you state that attacks aimed at his joints get the crit boost, but in the second part you say "any attack that strikes King Dodongo" without specifying the joints. Which is it?

Reffing styles tend to vary around here so there may be people who don't take base speed into account. I would suggest having him start with a +1 speed boost instead; the implementation of that boost would vary between refs as well, of course, but at least then some sort of speed increase will always be factored in. You don't have to change it if you don't want to, but otherwise there is a chance that someone's reffing scale may render the attribute useless.

Also, you used the word "Rhyperior" in there. You might want to change it to Rhyhorn to keep things clear.

Hey, Dragon too~

[Static] Rotom (X)
Ability: Levitate
Signature Attribute: Chainsaw

As of the release of Platinum, five machines with special motors for Rotoms were also released, and having a Rotom, Dragon snapped them up. Static was rather amused by these, destroying whatever Dragon would let it with the lawnmower, or burning things with the toaster oven. After a while, Static got bored of the new machines, and wanted something new. Calling up a friend, Dragon found someone with enough mechanical know-how to make a motor similar to the motor in the machines, and got them to make a new device for her destructive Pokemon.

Static was incredibly pleased with the chainsaw form, and uses it just as often as any of his other forms, if not more often. In its chainsaw form, Static is about two and a half feet long, with a metal blade that has jagged edges. The blade is connected to a sphere and box with the motor inside, and can't spin. Basically, a chainsaw.

Effects: Static has the chainsaw form added to the other forms he can become, and can choose to be a chainsaw at the beginning of a battle. Its form exclusive move is Flash Cannon, which can be used like any other move.

Also: picture.

Hey, Dragon too~

[Static] Rotom (X)
Ability: Levitate
Signature Attribute: Chainsaw

As of the release of Platinum, five machines with special motors for Rotoms were also released, and having a Rotom, Dragon snapped them up. Static was rather amused by these, destroying whatever Dragon would let it with the lawnmower, or burning things with the toaster oven. After a while, Static got bored of the new machines, and wanted something new. Calling up a friend, Dragon found someone with enough mechanical know-how to make a motor similar to the motor in the machines, and got them to make a new device for her destructive Pokemon.

Static was incredibly pleased with the chainsaw form, and uses it just as often as any of his other forms, if not more often. In its chainsaw form, Static is about two and a half feet long, with a metal blade that has jagged edges. The blade is connected to a sphere and box with the motor inside, and can't spin. Basically, a chainsaw.

Effects: Static has the chainsaw form added to the other forms he can become, and can choose to be a chainsaw at the beginning of a battle. Its form exclusive move is Flash Cannon, which can be used like any other move.

Also: picture.
Approved.

It looks okay for the most part, but the increased crit chance description at the end is a bit unclear. In the first part of the sentence you state that attacks aimed at his joints get the crit boost, but in the second part you say "any attack that strikes King Dodongo" without specifying the joints. Which is it?

Reffing styles tend to vary around here so there may be people who don't take base speed into account. I would suggest having him start with a +1 speed boost instead; the implementation of that boost would vary between refs as well, of course, but at least then some sort of speed increase will always be factored in. You don't have to change it if you don't want to, but otherwise there is a chance that someone's reffing scale may render the attribute useless.

Also, you used the word "Rhyperior" in there. You might want to change it to Rhyhorn to keep things clear.

Ah, on the crit-thing I was assuming that the maths were being written before the description (that's how I do it) so I assumed that if the dice rolled critical it would be written as hitting the joints. Either way, clarified (I hope). Also fix'd evo stage; accidentally missed that since I was brainstorming sigs based on final evo stages and then changed this to tone it down to base stage.

Reposting~~:

Effects: King Dodongo’s flexibility allows him to begin with a +1 boost to his Speed. However, his flexible joints are more susceptible to attack than those of other Rhyhorn, so any opponent’s attacks that hit his joints will strike critically. (As far as dice-rolling reffing is concerned, any attack that strikes King Dodongo begins in a critical hit domain one higher than usual, and will hit his joints if the dice roll indicates a critical hit.)

...I feel like buying a Shuppet :3

[Nevra] Shuppet (Female)
Ability: Insomnia

Should be $7
Approved.

Taking back my pokemon

[Blade] Eevee (M)
Ability:Run Away

[Wing] Dratini (F)
Ability: Shed Skin
Approved.

Ah, on the crit-thing I was assuming that the maths were being written before the description (that's how I do it) so I assumed that if the dice rolled critical it would be written as hitting the joints. Either way, clarified (I hope). Also fix'd evo stage; accidentally missed that since I was brainstorming sigs based on final evo stages and then changed this to tone it down to base stage.

Reposting~~:

Effects: King Dodongo’s flexibility allows him to begin with a +1 boost to his Speed. However, his flexible joints are more susceptible to attack than those of other Rhyhorn, so any opponent’s attacks that hit his joints will strike critically. (As far as dice-rolling reffing is concerned, any attack that strikes King Dodongo begins in a critical hit domain one higher than usual, and will hit his joints if the dice roll indicates a critical hit.)
Approved.

Hope I'm not jumping the gun here.. But if I'm not mistaken Moon-panther's Tsuki was approved in the 'Dex registry right? Because I love these little'uns and want one of my very ooooown~ x3

[Koray] Tsuki (Male)
Levitate

Should be rarity seven~

Buying starter team after account reset:

[Alias] Squirtle (Male)
Ability:Torrent
Move Mod:None
Body Mod:None
$10

[Pera] Swablu (Female)
Ability:Natural Cure
$5

[Cheshire] Gastly (Male)
Ability:Levitate
Body Mod:Well, he has a monocle and tophat, does that countNone
$10

[Carls] Poochyena (Female)
Ability:Quick Feet
$5
Approved here

Last edited:

Hope I'm not jumping the gun here.. But if I'm not mistaken Moon-panther's Tsuki was approved in the 'Dex registry right? Because I love these little'uns and want one of my very ooooown~ x3

[Koray] Tsuki (Male)
Levitate

Should be rarity seven~
Approved.

Buying starter team after account reset:

[Alias] Squirtle (Male)
Ability:Torrent
$10

[Pera] Swablu (Female)
Ability:Natural Cure
$5

[Cheshire] Gastly (Male)
Ability:Levitate
Body Mod:Well, he has a monocle and tophat, does that countNone
$10

[Carls] Poochyena (Female)
Ability:Quick Feet
$5
Approved here
Approved.

I'd like to purchase
[Waka] torkoal (M)

bank link; also, I've got a signature attribute, too

[Pirrk] slowpoke (F)
Ability: Own Tempo
SA: Dual-Minded

Pirrk is, like the rest of her kind, rather slow minded. She moves slow, she eats slow, she breathes slow, she even sleeps slow; but she does have a special trait that no other slowpoke has. She simply had a birth defect; she was born with two brains. While it doesn't exactly bolster her processing power, she does have improved reflexes and response time, as opposed to other slowpoke.

Most of the time during battle/other competition, one brain is focused on the battle, and the other is often thinking about different things; how her day went, or what exactly did that cloud look like? During this time, there are no special effects applied to Pirrk's behavior at all; she acts like a normal slowpoke would. However, after taking moderate to heavy damage (ref's call, although I would say somewhere around 40%), Pirrk's other brain begins to realize she's in a battle.

When both of Pirrk's brains are focused on a battle, her response time rises quickly. All opponent's attacks that she can see coming have their accuracy lowered slightly (approximately as much as Sand-Attack lowers; technically, if a move misses due to the accuracy lowering, then Pirrk "evades" the move. I don't know if ASB uses the Evasion stat, so I figure a reduction in Accuracy could as well do the same thing.). Also, because her two brains are working together, moving the body becomes a much simpler task; her Speed gains a +1 boost. During this time, any other boosts (besides the Speed boost from this effect) work twice as well; she gets double the normal boost. Unfortunately, the same applies for negative boosts. (i.e. If Pirrk uses Curse while she is focused, she will gain +2 in Attack and Defense but -2 in Speed). Finally, the brains allow her to analyze her opponent to an extreme degree: if she spends an action "analyzing" the opponent, all moves used afterward move up a critical domain. ("Analyze" may only be used once per each focused period).

But, just as often as Pirrk's brains are focused, they can be unfocused, as well. Pirrk cannot become unfocused unless she is in her focused form first. Flinching, obtaining a Burn status, taking a critical hit, taking heavy damage in one round (defined by ref, again), or otherwise being distracted from the battle (i.e. Attract, etc.) will force Pirrk to become unfocused. Sleep and Paralyze statuses will only return Pirrk to having one brain focused on the battle.

While Pirrk is unfocused, she immediately becomes confused (ignoring all effects that block that status, including Own Tempo and Safeguard). Pirrk's two minds are no longer in sync, causing her to have extreme difficulty moving her limbs (a -1 boost in Speed), and also making her a large target (+5% increase in Accuracy for the opponent for all attacks aimed at Pirrk). If Pirrk is put to sleep while unfocused, Pirrk will return to having one brain focused on the battle. Also, after 6-9 actions (random) of being unfocused, Pirrk will return to only one functional brain.

For Pirrk, using the move "Focus Energy" has a special effect; instead of its normal effect, Pirrk will use one of the following effects, depending on what state she is in:

Focused: No effect
One-brain: Becomes Focused
Unfocused: Becomes One-brain

"Focus Energy" can only be used once per round; Pirrk may not go from Unfocused to Focused in consecutive rounds (meaning, Pirrk may not use Focus Energy in consective rounds). Focus Energy also requires slightly more energy for Pirrk to use.

It's kinda long, huh? XD

I'm pretty sure I covered all of my bases on that one, but I kinda wrote it on a whim, so if you spot anything that seems off, please tell me. Thanks, guys.

Last edited:

Could I, please, catch the following pokes?

[Ignis] Chimchar (Male)
Ability: Blaze
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

$10

[Gelide] Swinub (Female)
Ability: Snow Cloak

$7

[Ferox] Tyroge (Male)
Ability: Guts

$20

$10 + $7 + $20 = $37

I'd like to purchase
[Waka] torkoal (M)

bank link

Approved

Could I, please, catch the following pokes?

[Ignis] Chimchar (Male)
Ability: Blaze

$10

[Gelide] Swinub (Female)
Ability: Snow Cloak

$7

[Ferox] Tyroge (Male)
Ability: Guts