• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ArtMo/DraMo 2009

I've commented on Typh's and RaiCH's on dA, so looking at yours, Darksong, the anatomy seems to be near flawless, except for the right legs. The front is a little too small and the back is positioned too low. But everything else works and fits.

You know, it'd be nice to see a little Flipnote love, since they're currently the only thing I can show you. :c
8th) Crazy Linooney
9th AND 12th) A Giftnote for three friends I've made on Hatena, first is 12th, others were 9th.
10th) Vlad
11th) Another Giftnote for an irl friend's birthday.

...Ah forget it. I knew I would end up failing. Sorry guys, haven't been in an artsy mood. I might still post random drawings and stuff that I do over the month, if you want.

You know, it'd be nice to see a little Flipnote love, since they're currently the only thing I can show you. :c
8th) Crazy Linooney
9th AND 12th) A Giftnote for three friends I've made on Hatena, first is 12th, others were 9th.
10th) Vlad
11th) Another Giftnote for an irl friend's birthday.

Ah well, there isn't really much to say when it comes to flipnotes. You can't really criticise them considering the medium. That said, I have been looking at them and they're nice =P

Day 11 - SHADDUP
Day 12 - NINJA

Yeeeeah I give up. If this was any other month I'd try harder, but December is just way too busy and I've been forgetting to draw until like 11 at night most days anyway.
Maybe I'll draw a nice New Year's picture instead.

Red

I'll just post anything I happen to draw over the month...and at the end of the month maybe a collection of random doodles I do in school?

So, I fail, but shall continue to post my horrid drawings.

Man, I just haven't had the time I had last December. That, and I think I burned myself out with NaNo. I have been drawing a lot when I get a chance to get on the computer, but I just... it's not every day. I feel ashamed, but I have to give up.

Last year I thought of ArtMo more as a draw-30-pictures-in-December thing rather than a drawing-a-day-or-you-fail thing. :/ Like with NaNo you can not meet your word target for the day, but you can still win by the end of the month. If you can't keep up with the drawing-a-day rules, go with that. :D

(Still keeping up, I sweeear. Will also start not being being rubbish at commenting etc. when the holidays begin. Roll on the 19th~)

So I'll crit this page then post my stufff

I like the concept here a lot, and the execution isn't half bad. The line could do with being less shaky and the colouring more even... even if the intended effect is for the colouring to look intentionally shaky it looks a bit messy here.

Can't say much considering I'm awful at Pokémon. Looks good to me except for the right (our left) eye, which is going kind of crazy. It's too far around the skull. The nuzzle looks a bit flat and the pose is static but apart from that, good job.

Same crit as before really. Maybe make the background less dark if you're going to use black lineart too, the overall picture is too dark to make out.

The images flash quite fast in the first one but I like the cartoony style you've got going. The monochromatic colouring is very nice too!

I better be the prettiest young lad in the land.

I really like how you did the shading on that one. Overall I think it looks nice except for the chin making it look a bit like he has a double chin. Intentional?

The colouring is nice, but the boy with the glasses' pose looks a bit forced. The jackets look a bit lumpy due to the inking style.

Sup TF2 buddy.
Again, jacket looks a bit lumpy on Soldier!you but I like the concept and the colouring looks very nice.

This looks okay, but try to not leave random white spots. The left side of his face looks kind of wonky and his hand just looks very unnatural. Try to pose like that, you'll see.

I like its expression and the coloured outlines, but try and make the lineart less messy. The ears also sort of look like they're slipping off its head.

Okay so me:
#9: weirdly coloured picture of my character, Alain. His face looks hella weird.
#10: A comic, about Vladimir Putin's favourite judo move.
#11: I really like how this one came out though I couldn't tell you why :v I just do. Two Red Army men fighting in the snow. There may or may not be sexual tension.

So I'll crit this page then post my stufff

I like the concept here a lot, and the execution isn't half bad. The line could do with being less shaky and the colouring more even... even if the intended effect is for the colouring to look intentionally shaky it looks a bit messy here.

Same crit as before really. Maybe make the background less dark if you're going to use black lineart too, the overall picture is too dark to make out.

I like its expression and the coloured outlines, but try and make the lineart less messy. The ears also sort of look like they're slipping off its head.

Okay, so decent concepts, gotta get better at linearts and more even coloring. Got it.

As for the Gliscor ears, I was trying to go for one tilted to the side, but looking at it closer...yeah, does look like it's slipping off. I'll try and make it look more natural. Any tips?

@Cryptica, Day 8: The overall positioning is very good, looks like an actual feline structure. However, the eyes look a bit too big for the face, more noticible on the right side. The ears are quite static and the front thicker than the backside.

@Darksong, Day 10: I can't find much wrong with the Entei, so nice job on that one. However, the top part of the Arcanine's mane looks a bit too straight, like it's full of static eletrcitiy or something. Try to sweep it back a little, that'll make it look more grounded.

@Vlad: Thanks. I was using a different speed setting than I usually do and I had to get the frames to fit with the music so yeah, It's a bit fast.

Well since you're the only other guy from the OSers I've drawn during ArtMo, yes you are.

Not intentional, I was trying to define the chin a bit and I think I made the line too long.

12th) Dannichu.

(I'd give comments on your stuff but DSi browser. Tomorrow, perhaps.

Don't feel you have to crit these, guys, it's only fair. |D;

Dec. 5th: A weirdly proportioned Grovyle.
Dec. 6th/7th: Another NaNo character (the one on the ground), and some weird... fairyish Peter Pan person. I don't know.
Dec. 8th: Jack Skellington... looming.
Dec. 9th: A Quirrelmort comic. :D
Dec. 10th: Me... sheltering under some cardboard. Yeah. I slept in some boxes that night...!
Dec. 11th: Random dragon head. Not very menacing.
Dec. 12: Tinkerbell has a small dispute with a Cornish Pixie.
Dec. 13: Kitty.

Vlaaaaad, I love the Red Army men one. Mr being-sat-on has such a great expression - well, great in an in-pain, grimancing, kinda sad sort of way. Very expressive, anywho.
Oh, and something I've wondered for a while - the black dot on Alain's neck, is that a mole or a giant freckle or something? Was never sure if it was that or an especially pointy Adam's apple (?? I don't know) but it's so prominent in the soft colouring one of him (#9) I thought I'd ask.

Last edited:
Vlaaaaad, I love the Red Army men one. Mr being-sat-on has such a great expression - well, great in an in-pain, grimancing, kinda sad sort of way. Very expressive, anywho.
Oh, and something I've wondered for a while - the black dot on Alain's neck, is that a mole or a giant freckle or something? Was never sure if it was that or an especially pointy Adam's apple (?? I don't know) but it's so prominent in the soft colouring one of him (#9) I thought I'd ask.
Eee thank youuu c: It's one of the things I've done recently I really quite like.
And it's a mole :B I drew it on once a few years ago and kept the habit.

#12: Alain dressed as a teenage girl. IT'S BASED ON THIS AND A FRIEND'S COMMENT okay

Day 14 and I'm still using that style of paws. :D

I'm planning on doing something that takes a bit more time tomorrow, since I'll have a good reference...

Back
Top Bottom