• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ArtMo/DraMo 2009

Dec 4 - a quick doodle in memory of my frog that died.
Dec 5 - this is total BS, but I spent that whole day travelling and I can't seem to draw in the car.
Dec 6 - more crap doodles.
Dec 7 - oh hey, a tangela gijinka. Her head's too big and I think her left arm is too short.
Dec 8 - bored in the art room stuff. Squid!
Dec 9 - lol, random-ass characters in stupid jumpsuits. I think maybe someday I won't fail at anatomy. I'm starting to find a style I like, though.
Dec 10 - a really half-assed ref sheet that I came up with in like ten seconds or something

I'm still too lazy to completely catch myself up (I hate working my scanner), but I'm getting there :v

@Darksong: the paws look pretty awesome; I think maybe the neck is a bit too short.
@VPLJ: lol scene kids. pretty awesome, but the way the feet are facing strikes me as a bit odd.
@Cryptica: lol, when I read the description for the first picture in your post I imagined a kabuto scuttling majestically along with wolves and it made me smile. That works too.
@VPLJ again: oh my god that one has a background and everything! I could never do that in just a day.
@Randomtyphoon: I really like the facial expression in the Gliscor; it seems like maybe the ears are positioned a little strangely?

Just as a suggestion for next year or whatever: could we make it so it's just 31 pictures in December or something? Because a lot of the time I end up having to work on a more important art assignment than just this doodling, plus travel and holidays and all kinds of other things that would make drawing a picture every single day pretty hard.

Day 15, because the thread was glitching up for me last night: Day-early birthday thing.

Day 16: Kyuubi no Youko. Because I like things that go RAWR.

I like drawing demon-like things. Tomorrow I'll probably draw either an Arcanine or a Legendary Pokemon, since my Social Studies period is completely empty and I can't get any more of my Naruto books right now.

Considering how hard people tend to find Ice's hair to draw, it's fairly good x3
Anatomy seems solid enough, although the head a weird shape. Not quite sure what's going on with the mouth though

I nearly gave up today. I spent the morning playing TF2 (Soldier updateee~), and then I was going to go ice skating with friends (the same ones who were TF2ing with me), so I thought I wasn't going to have time to draw anything. But then we rescheduled it for tomorrow so one of our other friends could come too.
So I'm still in it. Huzzah...*collapses*
Day 17 - Medic
Day 18 - Roast GF0

Day sixteen was a picture of a Croconaw, a Poochyena and a Larvitar.
Day seventeen was my Pokesona drinking hot chocolate.
Day eighteen (today) is a shiny Snorlax I'm going to try breeding on LeafGreen.

I'll get the actual pictures up ASAP.

Today's ArtMo -- Zetsu, someone from Naruto who is slightly disproportional. So it wasn't me that made the head small. Basically, he also has a black half and a white half, so the right side of his body blends in with the shadows of the... venus fly trap thing.

Yesterday's ArtMo reflects my style, which is usually "I have no idea what's going on in this picture." Basically, it's a jungle cat intended to be a jaguar staring at some bony demon dog thing. Notice "bony," which is the reason for a vast amount of shading on the dog and not the cat.

Whoo, I almost dropped out then, but with 3 minutes left to go, I finished my Dec. 18th Flipnote.
So, where was I?
13th) Arceus Flipnote, requested by someone on Flipnote Hatena. I made a few mistakes on this , which I only realised after I had uploaded it.
14th and 15th) A set of drawings I did for people on christmas cards. They were all very happy with them, which made me proud.
16th) Another OSer, Spoon, resting inside a warm mug of tea/coffee/hot chocolate, I'm not sure which.
17th) A Mewtwo Flipnote. It's the second Mewtwo that I've drawn on Flipnote Studio, and I can see a huge improvement in what I've done.
18th) Something I made for a friend's modern-day, no-budget, Robin Hood spoof webseries. I helped out in filming the whole thing.
19th) A Uxie Flipnote, as requested by someone on Hatena. I enjoyed drawing this one more than usual.

It's almost the 20th, so expect a bunch of more christmassy stuff soon. c:

@Darksong: Zetsu looks pretty cool, like some kind of venus flytrap/human hybrid. You're right about the head, it is too small. But if it's part of the character, then that's fine, I guess.

Ice: Haha, GF0's really got it in for himself, hasn't he? It's amazing, the kind of thing that people can draw inspired by video games. I can't help but think that GF0 doesn't look panicked enough but the shading is great and oh look is that a frog on that guy's head?

Last edited:
Uhh, just posting to say I've dropped out, due to recent IRL events and the fact that I want to work on some gift art (I don't think December is really the best month for ArtMo xD)

Okay, two things. If I haven't said this before, I'll be out for the 24th and 25th, probably. And the groupic will prolly take until...early January, I guess? Around that time.

Second, crit:
@Superyoshi; my main beef is Brock's legs, they're way too short compared to the rest of his body, and Misty's give off that impression as well. Rounded muscles aside, Lt. Surge looks the best out of the lot, and Erica's face looks a bit skewered.

Unfortunately, due to misplacement of paper, day 20 and 21 are very wrinkled.

Day 20: A Ho-Oh. I decided I wanted HeartGold instead of SoulSilver.

Day 21: A Mewtwo. Katrina visited my Animal Crossing town, so I was inspired to draw this. (It bothers me that it sounds familiar somehow. ><)

Day 22: Mismagius. I like ghosts, but I recently drew Froslass. This one struck my fancy, so I tried it out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom