• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your acceptance of Blastoise's challenge is correct, but you still need to go back and fix your acceptance of Shadow Slice's.

2 vs. 2 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned: OHKO Moves
Arena: Keyboard

The battle takes place on a computer keyboard. Filled with dips and hills, this is a dangerous terain. The battlers are shrunk to fit the field.

The keyboard is a very worn out one, missing the a, b, h, p, shift, and t keys. It had a numeric keypad. Dust between the keys occasionally blows around the battlers, about 5% of the time, obscuring the view for a turn. There is also a 5% chance that some kid will try to type something, injuring the battlers with 5% Normal damage. He'll probably try to grab at one of the battlers if he sees them firing some strange beams at each other.

PROFILE OF SWEETNESS.

SWEETNESS IS SWEETNESS.

Hey, Mew~, this is a challenge for you.(sorry I didn't post in your thread.)

1 vs. 1 single
Style:set
DQ: uno weeko
Damage Cap:30%
Banned:OHKO Moves, Direct Healers
Arena: Huge Christmas Tree

Easily figure-outable field. a really big Christmas tree.Really.

Shock: once a round, any electric types are zapped by the light-bulbs

really easy.

Hey, Mew~, this is a challenge for you.(sorry I didn't post in your thread.)

1 vs. 1 single
Style:set
DQ: uno weeko
Damage Cap:30%
Banned:OHKO Moves, Direct Healers
Arena: Huge Christmas Tree

Easily figure-outable field. a really big Christmas tree.Really.

Shock: once a round, any electric types are zapped by the light-bulbs

really easy.
I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN! (I accept)

Uber Charizard's Profile

My profile

2vs2 Single
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Twister
Arena: The Eye of the Storm

The battle takes place in the eye of a tornado with a 10 meter diameter. Any Pokemon leaving this perimeter will be picked up by the storm and tossed around, causing 10% Flying damage. Each round there is a 50% chance that rocks will fall down onto one of the battlers, having the same effect as a Rock Throw. There is also a 10% chance each round that a Miltank tossed around by the storm will land in the middle of the battlefield, and after that, there is a 50% chance that the Miltank will attack a random Pokemon with a single rollout, then get picked up by the storm. The other 50%, the Miltank will give a random battler some of her milk, having the same effect as a Milk Drink.

Notes: For their own safety, flying/levitating Pokemon cannot be used.

Profile: http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=353814&postcount=164

Last edited:
2vs2 Single
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Twister
Arena: The Eye of the Storm

The battle takes place in the eye of a tornado with a 10 meter diameter. Any Pokemon leaving this perimeter will be picked up by the storm and tossed around, causing 10% Flying damage. Each round there is a 50% chance that rocks will fall down onto one of the battlers, having the same effect as a Rock Throw. There is also a 10% chance each round that a Miltank tossed around by the storm will land in the middle of the battlefield, and after that, there is a 50% chance that the Miltank will attack a random Pokemon with a single rollout, then get picked up by the storm. The other 50%, the Miltank will give a random battler some of her milk, having the same effect as a Milk Drink.

Notes: For their own safety, flying/levitating Pokemon cannot be used.

I'll take it!

Ah yes, now that my battle with Mike has finished, I am thirsty for moar battles. 3 vs 3 get?
Typh your battles'll probably take some time to wrap up and and yeah uh so I go challenge :D

3vs3 Single
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Chills, Perish Song, Baton Pass, U-Turn
Arena: Outside the Battle Arena (yes I jacked this from the tournaments)

The battle takes place right outside the Battle Frontier's Battle Arena facility, out in the open air. The immediate area is covered in nicely manicured grass and a few flowers. The Arena building itself is surrounded on three sides by water and a small pond sits on the other side of the battlers, so water moves can be used and Water-types that need to swim can do so. The battlers cannot move away from the immediate area, so heading towards the plaza or another facility is forbidden.

Since this match is happening so close to the Arena, it seems such a shame not to follow Greta's rules... or, at least, a variation on them. As such, both battlers will send out their PokÈmon and attack for three battle rounds (a total of 9 attacks per PokÈmon) before the ref calls a halt. After the three rounds both PokÈmon are recalled and unable to continue in the current battle, and their current health, energy and status are noted for later. Both trainers will then send out their next Pokémon and continue for the next three rounds. At the end (which should be nine total rounds), the health and energy of all Pokémon is totaled and whichever trainer has the highest score wins.

The following rules also apply:

-If a Pokémon has fainted, either due to HP loss OR energy loss, the battle stops right where it is (even if it has not yet been three rounds) and both Pokémon are recalled. Fainted PokÈmon DO still count toward the final score, but as either their health or their energy is at 0% they won't add anywhere near as much.

-If, at the end of the three rounds, a battler is afflicted with a status condition, that condition detracts from their final score as follows:

Paralyzed, Burned, Confused: -10 points
Poisoned, Attracted: -15 points
Asleep, Frozen: -20 points

If the Pokémon has more than one status condition, only the first one they were afflicted with detracts full points; all others afterwards only detract five, no matter what they are.

3vs3 Single

The battle takes place right outside the Battle Frontier's Battle Arena facility, out in the open air. The immediate area is covered in nicely manicured grass and a few flowers. The Arena building itself is surrounded on three sides by water and a small pond sits on the other side of the battlers, so water moves can be used and Water-types that need to swim can do so. The battlers cannot move away from the immediate area, so heading towards the plaza or another facility is forbidden.

Since this match is happening so close to the Arena, it seems such a shame not to follow Greta's rules... or, at least, a variation on them. As such, both battlers will send out their PokÈmon and attack for three battle rounds (a total of 9 attacks per PokÈmon) before the ref calls a halt. After the three rounds both PokÈmon are recalled and unable to continue in the current battle, and their current health, energy and status are noted for later. Both trainers will then send out their next Pokémon and continue for the next three rounds. At the end (which should be nine total rounds), the health and energy of all Pokémon is totaled and whichever trainer has the highest score wins.

-If a Pokémon has fainted, either due to HP loss OR energy loss, the battle stops right where it is (even if it has not yet been three rounds) and both Pokémon are recalled. Fainted PokÈmon DO still count toward the final score, but as either their health or their energy is at 0% they won't add anywhere near as much.

-If, at the end of the three rounds, a battler is afflicted with a status condition, that condition detracts from their final score as follows:

If the Pokémon has more than one status condition, only the first one they were afflicted with detracts full points; all others afterwards only detract five, no matter what they are.

Probably going to lose, but I'll take it.

Profile:http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=353814&postcount=164

I'm eager to battle as much as I can.

Oh, and Blazhy, I think you forgot your Profile Link.

Last edited:
Crap, right. Silly me.

Ah yes, now that my battle with Mike has finished, I am thirsty for moar battles. 3 vs 3 get?
Typh your battles'll probably take some time to wrap up and and yeah uh so I go challenge :D

3vs3 Single

Derpderp.

Eonrider's profile

Challenge for anyone. (Unless I decide to make someone else battle me)

3 vs. 3 single
DQ: A week.
Damage Cap= 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: The Concert

After being shrunk down to 1 millimeter in size, you are placed on top of Kirk Hammet's guitar in the middle of a Metallica concert. The atmousphere is extremely loud, so sound based moves such as Screech or Sonicboom would have no effect. They are not banned though. There is peices of confetti on the guitar worth 3% damage when thrown, for 3% energy. Broken glass is worth 5% damage for 5% energy. There is a 5% chance you will be struck by a guitar pick or finger worth 10% damage. This is a headbanger concert, so there is no water. There is a ring of beer glases around Kirk though, so put water types there and hope they are like Razor from TQFtL. If you're Pokémon is knocked off of the Guitar, it counts as 5% damage and 4% energy to climb back up. 2% to fly. You can also snap a string at 12% energy for 20% damage on you're opponent (From Whiplash), at accuracy of 40%. Setting the guitar on fire is allowed, but don't piss Kirk off! Kirk will cause 50% non-type damage to all combatants if angered. The ref decides how mad he has to get. Wierd arena, most likely wierd battle. Ah, for the ref when one comes. My profile...
http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=356179&postcount=169

Come, battle the master of stupidity. Expect some wierd stuff. Bye. See ya. Adios. Chalom?

Challenge for anyone. (Unless I decide to make someone else battle me)

3 vs. 3 single
DQ: A week.
Damage Cap= 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: The Concert

After being shrunk down to 1 millimeter in size, you are placed on top of Kirk Hammet's guitar in the middle of a Metallica concert. The atmousphere is extremely loud, so sound based moves such as Screech or Sonicboom would have no effect. They are not banned though. There is peices of confetti on the guitar worth 3% damage when thrown, for 3% energy. Broken glass is worth 5% damage for 5% energy. There is a 5% chance you will be struck by a guitar pick or finger worth 10% damage. This is a headbanger concert, so there is no water. There is a ring of beer glases around Kirk though, so put water types there and hope they are like Razor from TQFtL. If you're Pokémon is knocked off of the Guitar, it counts as 5% damage and 4% energy to climb back up. 2% to fly. You can also snap a string at 12% energy for 20% damage on you're opponent (From Whiplash), at accuracy of 40%. Setting the guitar on fire is allowed, but don't piss Kirk off! Kirk will cause 50% non-type damage to all combatants if angered. The ref decides how mad he has to get. Wierd arena, most likely wierd battle. Ah, for the ref when one comes. My profile...
http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=356179&postcount=169

Come, battle the master of stupidity. Expect some wierd stuff. Bye. See ya. Adios. Chalom?

Accepted.
Mad Guitarist is mad.
By the way, I also need a ref for my battle between Wartortle. It hasn't been added the the needs reffing list, either.

Ah, great Shadow Slice. Now we just need a referee. *hint hint people* Is there any other nessecary info I need to put here? Profile link is in my sig so...Yeah.

-----------
2vs2 single
Style: Switch(once per 4 rounds)
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Sleep(one amy not put the enemy to sleep).
Arena: The turtle clan forest

This areana is a large jungle in the middle of nowhere. The turtle clan used to be a clan of Torkoal, Squirtle and Turtwig evolution lines, but collapsed many years ago. These days, th only thing that remained from this Clan are some small ruins. However, the thing that was the most important to them still exists- a gigantic Torterra shell made of pure gold, the around 50 square meters in size. Under this shell, lots of turtle pokemon(Turtwig, Squirtle and Torkoal) nest. In the middle of the arena, there is a deep, 10 feet wide river, and there are several sand dunes around. Finally, there is a gigantic fence around the arena, making sure no one escapes.
There are several black walls in the arena, allowing small pokemon to gain some partial cover.

Every round, there is a 50% chance that either a Turtwig, a Squirtle, or a Torkoal will come out of the golden shell and use either Leaf Storm, Hydro Pump or Overheat, respectively, on one of the battlers(each has a 33% chance). However, they will not attack a turtle pokemon(Turtwig/Squirtle).
In addition, because of the strong aura that emants from the place, a turtle pokemon that fights in this areana will deal 1% more damage for each of its attacks, and they will cost 1% less energy.

If the battle lasts for more than 6 rounds, something especially wierd will happen- the Torterra shell will come to life, it will grow a golden torkoal head, and golden Blastoise forelegs, and legs. Then, it will start running around in a rampage, releasing 10% typeless damage attacks with 60% accuracy that will hurt both battlers if they hit them. It will attack once a round, and will last for 2 rounds. After that, it will go back to its shell, and around 20 Salac berries will grow around it.

Other: Only fist stage(first out of three stages, that is) pokemon area allowed. In addition, Oran berries are growing on the ground, and while one might not take them, they can eat them on the spot.
--------

Yay long description.

Last edited:
No, steele, you always need to put your profile link in your challenge posts. Some people have signatures turned off and won't be able to see it. Please edit it in wherever it needs to go.

And Lars, your profile is missing from yours. Furthermore, I wouldn't put that challenge in quotes--it will disappear when whoever accepts that challenge quotes you. Copy and paste it directly (or in this case, just cut out the quote tags).

Because we can never have too many Metrenome battles.

1vs1
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves: Need I say anything? Everything except Metrenome!
Other: Infinite energy, because energy-fainting with over 60% HP left is lame.
Arena: Downtown Toronto

Ah, Toronto... Home to the infamous CN Tower, and many other high-rise buildings. Normally the area would be far too packed with cars and people to attempt a battle, but after speaking to the government, they allowed a pair of ASB trainers to battle within a ten kilometer radius of the CN Tower and the Rogers Dome, so long as there was no cataclysmic damage to buildings. Yeah I lied so what.
The area immediately surrounding the CN Tower and the Rogers Dome is relatively clear of other large buildings, though a highway busily hurries (or crawls) past off to the side. On the opposite side, there is a large network of apartments and office buildings that are packed quite close together. In such an industrialized place, it's no surprise that there isn't too much greenery, though the occasional small field of grass dots the landscape. Trees line some of the roads' sides.
Speaking of roads, downtown Toronto has an intricate network of roads. They are often rather narrow, about three cars'-width wide, save for the major streets, which can carry many more. The roads are almost always packed full of cars which creep forward at the pace of a sloth's.
Past the aforementioned highway and another network of buildings is a large lake which can be used in any way the battlers so please. Move such as Surf, therefore, can be executed, though they will certainly cause a large amount of chaos, and the wave will be weakened severely by the time it reaches its target. Of course, Toronto's water pipes could always burst open to provide for moves that require an external water source. It's all the referee's call.

In case the referee needs a picture: voila.

Ha I didn't forget my profile this time!

Because we can never have too many Metrenome battles.

1vs1
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves: Need I say anything? Everything except Metrenome!
Other: Infinite energy, because energy-fainting with over 60% HP left is lame.
Arena: Downtown Toronto

Ah, Toronto... Home to the infamous CN Tower, and many other high-rise buildings. Normally the area would be far too packed with cars and people to attempt a battle, but after speaking to the government, they allowed a pair of ASB trainers to battle within a ten kilometer radius of the CN Tower and the Rogers Dome, so long as there was no cataclysmic damage to buildings. Yeah I lied so what.
The area immediately surrounding the CN Tower and the Rogers Dome is relatively clear of other large buildings, though a highway busily hurries (or crawls) past off to the side. On the opposite side, there is a large network of apartments and office buildings that are packed quite close together. In such an industrialized place, it's no surprise that there isn't too much greenery, though the occasional small field of grass dots the landscape. Trees line some of the roads' sides.
Speaking of roads, downtown Toronto has an intricate network of roads. They are often rather narrow, about three cars'-width wide, save for the major streets, which can carry many more. The roads are almost always packed full of cars which creep forward at the pace of a sloth's.
Past the aforementioned highway and another network of buildings is a large lake which can be used in any way the battlers so please. Move such as Surf, therefore, can be executed, though they will certainly cause a large amount of chaos, and the wave will be weakened severely by the time it reaches its target. Of course, Toronto's water pipes could always burst open to provide for moves that require an external water source. It's all the referee's call.

In case the referee needs a picture: voila.

Ha I didn't forget my profile this time!

Muahaha you can't use Phalanx in this one. Reveeeeeeenge.

Meh profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom