• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Objection! (Ace Attorney fan-club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Wow. That'll be really bad.
What would happen if you click the GUILTY button though? My conscience likes to bug me about the most random things, so there's no way I'd be able to click that.

So yeah, I finally beat it. Yay.

Though, I do have to say...EDGEY YOU IDIOT! YOU MADE ME LOSE YESTERDAY AND I HAD TO START THE ENTIRE LAST DAY OVER! Graaah.

I loved when von Karma hit his head on the wall. :D

And the best satisfation of all was in the credits, when Edgey was all like

"Whooooooooooooooooooooooooop! Gumshoooooooooooooooooooooooooooe!"

Good Edgey. :D

^ Wow. That'll be really bad.
What would happen if you click the GUILTY button though? My conscience likes to bug me about the most random things, so there's no way I'd be able to click that.

IIRC, there's a hung jury and the trial is postponed until the next day, but Vera dies during the night.

You know, the fact that the games' term of "game over" is a guilty verdict can make for some... shall we say awkward situations?

Wolfheart was over at my house one night playing 1-4, and she kept playing after I went to bed. the next morning she told me that "I had already gotten [the defendant (spoilerproof :P)] proven innocent, but I lost the exclamation points and they called him guilty..." xD

Flora and Ashes said:
And the best satisfation of all was in the credits, when Edgey was all like

"Whooooooooooooooooooooooooop! Gumshoooooooooooooooooooooooooooe!"

Good Edgey. :D

I know~ I laughed when that happened.

Same here.

von Karma so deserved prisonification.

Aaaaand I'm stuck again. Graaaaah.

Also, that Blue Badger thing is creepy.

Also also, the game stole my name translation.

Shut up, Tenshi.

Same here.

von Karma so deserved prisonification.

He gets the death penalty eventually. That's why Phoenix thinks Fran's so personally angry with him.

Crazy Linoone's post made me want to ask this:

At the very end of the Engarde case, did you pick to plead innocent (saving Adrian) or guilty (saving Maya)? On my first playthough I picked the option to save Adrian, but after replaying it I noticed that whichever option you choose will make poor ol' Nick cradle his head and do his "I'm sorry Maya..." thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
May I join? :3

I have all four Ace Attorney games and I love them all. <3 I'm currently re-playing Apollo Justice and I'm on case 3.

Was it just me or did anyone else expect Trucy and Apollo to be half-brother and sister?

Dannichu said:
At the very end of the Engarde case, did you pick to plead innocent (saving Adrian) or guilty (saving Maya)? On my first playthough I picked the option to save Adrian, but after replaying it I noticed that whichever option you choose will make poor ol' Nick cradle his head and do his "I'm sorry Maya..." thing.

EDIT: I think I pleaded guilty, but I don't quite remember since it's been months since I last played it and Wolfheart's currently borrowing the game, so I can't check. Uh. No, I'm positive I did plead guilty, actually.

Last edited:
Isn't it the other way around? Pleading Engarde's innocence will save Maya (as then de Killer will release her) while incriminating Adrian, while pleading guilty will make de Killer kill Maya (or so you think).

I said guilty; it violated my personal sense of justice to have him declared innocent in court to save Maya, not that I actually thought Maya would be killed even if I did that. I think the reason he will always say "I'm sorry Maya" is that if he pleads guilty, Maya will supposedly die, while if he pleads innocent, he will be ignoring Maya's direct order to have him found guilty and not worry about her.

(You marked this as a spoiler for the wrong case, by the way; you said 4-2, while it's supposed to be 2-4.)

Isn't it the other way around? Pleading Engarde's innocence will save Maya (as then de Killer will release her) while incriminating Adrian, while pleading guilty will make de Killer kill Maya (or so you think).

I said guilty; it violated my personal sense of justice to have him declared innocent in court to save Maya, not that I actually thought Maya would be killed even if I did that. I think the reason he will always say "I'm sorry Maya" is that if he pleads guilty, Maya will supposedly die, while if he pleads innocent, he will be ignoring Maya's direct order to have him found guilty and not worry about her.

(You marked this as a spoiler for the wrong case, by the way; you said 4-2, while it's supposed to be 2-4.)

It might well be... I thought the final question was us saying whether or not Adrian is guilty or not of killing Jean, but it's been a while since I played that case and you're probably right.

I figured that he'd apologize to Maya for letting her kidnapper go free; if you screw up and get the glorified Game Over (the "miracle never happen" one) Nick says that Maya was set free but never spoke to him again, which makes me think she really wanted Engarde locked up no matter what.

I'm not so good with the numbers thing D:

May I join? I just got Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (my gf bought it for me x.x I didn't want to trouble her, though, so we made a deal :3), and it is AWESOME!

I couldn't find the first anywhere, though D:

Currently on the second Investigation of the second case (How would that go? 2-3?)

Most of the time we don't number them by the phase of investigation. It's the number of the game followed by the number of the case, so you would be on 3-2.

Ah, ok.

X.X I still wish that I was able to get the first one. People at Toys R' Us, when i asked, said that the first AND second ones are no longer being made. Is that true?

So I went to four GAME stores, two Gmaestop stores and a few other stores selling videogames. Not one had any of the games.

D:

^ That's what happened with my search for JFA. I went to, like, FIVE Gamestops, Circuit City, Best Buy, Target, Toys R' Us (hey, I was desperate), and non had JFA. So I had to order it online with T&T because it was really cheap and stuff.

Now, for Dannichu's question: I picked Guilty, because I had no idea what just happened, and Engarde is evil like that. And wasn't Maya freed anyways?

Speaking of 2-4...
I so squealed when Franziska appeared in 2-4 with the evidence. That was pure awesome.

Yeah, but in all honesty that's how a lot of major decisions in these games are. I read part of your question before because I thought I was far enough to not be spoiled and was all "wait... you mean I have to choose? aaaaaaaaaaaa D:D:" but then I reasoned that Maya is in the third game and so it's obviously not like de Killer will actually kill her, you know? So with that knowledge I felt perfectly safe choosing to save Adrian. What Butterfree said, basically.

...to tell you the truth I was more upset when Mia asked me whether I was going to plead guilty or not guilty after Engarde had already been exposed anyway. I mean, it's my civic duty to throw the bum in jail, but I had a perfect win record and I didn't want to ruin it! [/von Karma] But in the end you lose no matter what, so eh.

Oh and I am also really really mad at myself because I spent like a day trying to tell de Killer that Adrian couldn't have gotten the bear from him. I knew which piece of evidence made the most sense (not for the reason they were thinking of but it still made sense!) but I could've sworn I'd already presented it to him and gotten a negative response D: I hate it when I do that. I need to start writing down what I have and haven't presented when I get confused like that.

I liked Engarde, though. I mean, he seems kinda dumb and he's sort of spacey and obnoxious
and is a crazy controlling psychopath that sort of looks like von Karma (where the heck did he get those scratches, anyway? Did Shoe see through to his evil soul or something? :D where'd that glass come from, too?) and did a bunch of horrible things
but I guess he's kind of like some of the characters from YGO GX: annoying as hell and pretty damn stupid for all intents and purposes but grows on you. :/ I still want to know why they let him have a cell phone in jail, though.

So as you can probably surmise by my ability to answer Danni's question and so forth, I just finished JFA and will be jumping into T&T tonight. Huzzah.

As long as you spoiler'd anything spoiler-worthy, no reason you couldn't. Or I suppose you could PM someone from the club you know has beaten whatever you're stuck on. But questions have been answered here before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom