• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Objection! (Ace Attorney fan-club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but I think it seems less like cheating if you ask a friend instead of looking it up. I felt bad when I peeked at Neeker's guide while working on 1-5 (and possibly one other AA case), although to be fair it was at a point where I honestly logically never would've thought to look [place] because I'd already examined right next to it and couldn't tell the difference. :p And it could wreck things for you if you aren't careful enough to find a spoiler-free guide. Personally I'd rather a friend dropped a hint and I figured it out from there than reading "Present the lawn gnome at exactly this spot in the testimony".

...haha, my brother is mad at me because I keep saying things about JFA when I'm surprised or amused and then won't let him see the game so he can see what I'm talking about. He nearly threw a hissy fit when I made a comment about someone; poor boy, he just doesn't understand the concept of "crappy as I think your memory is even you aren't dumb enough to forget what looking at this would spoil for you". If he'd just hurry up and get unstuck on 1-5 I'd let him play and see for himself. So... I blame him. Yes.

I blundered my way through JFA without getting help from anyone, though. There was a lot of objecting and presenting of the badge when I got frustrated and forgot I hadn't presented the logical evidence already, but dammit I got through it! Why, yes, I am a fabulous retard, thanks.

It might well be... I thought the final question was us saying whether or not Adrian is guilty or not of killing Jean, but it's been a while since I played that case and you're probably right.

I figured that he'd apologize to Maya for letting her kidnapper go free; if you screw up and get the glorified Game Over (the "miracle never happen" one) Nick says that Maya was set free but never spoke to him again, which makes me think she really wanted Engarde locked up no matter what.

I'm not so good with the numbers thing D:
Yeah, that makes sense. Maya has her own sense of justice, so she probably thought that the right thing had more worth then her life?

Ah, but I think it seems less like cheating if you ask a friend instead of looking it up.

Haha yes. I usually use walkthroughs for getting through games (although I've pretty much dropped that habit now), but for Phoenix Wright, which is quite possibly the game that needs a walkthrough the most out of the ones I have, I made a promise never to use one. When I got stuck, I would ask Dannichu (I don't remember how many times I've done that now... 10+, I think), and she'd always give me the exact thing to do, and then some...

Random thought: I probably would have needed more help on 3-4 had one of my best friends on the other forum not suggested we work through the case together, as she hadn't started the case yet (we did this in June, but she was ready for 3-4 around the time I got AA, back in March... xD). As a team, we only needed help once (I don't remember where), so we just asked her twin sister, who was also on the chatroom and had completed the game (and by the looks of it, spoiled her sister for 3-5). That was a fun night. :D

Yeah, looking at guides is kinda like cheating, but when there's nobody you can ask and you've been staring at a certain ugly face on the witness stand for ever, then guides are the best way to go.

I looked at a guide for perceiving Brushel, because if I stare at his ugly face and toothbrush for any longer, I'll probably go insane.

Had to use the Spoiler Free guide. It ended up being something that made me groan and go, "...My GOD, how did I FORGET THAT!?", so it didn't feel like cheating, as it was something so OBVIOUS that nothing short of flat out being told what to do would have done it for me.

Also had to use it when
I got caught, with only one chance, no returns, having saved at the, "I could prove he (atmey) was at the scene of the crime". I SAVED in a spot that apparently had NO ANSWERS (On the Motive for Murder part of part 4-2 in case 2, Stolen Turnabout. I saved after selecting, "I can prove it!"), so I had to look at a guide, lest I be stuck forever... Then I scrolled down too far and got some answers I didn't want x.x Next time, I am just going to post my problem here x.x

Also, because of this case, I now hate Godot and his freaking cyborg face... I hope it malfunctions and blows up, preventing him from being the prosecutor for at LEAST one case... x.x Yes, his damned smug attitude and stupid metaphors and similes are driving me mad x.x

^ Aw, I know. D:

I had to used a guide for most games. Most percieving things in AJ, because I'm appallingly bad at it. But mostly in court, I'll save before something and keep resetting after I lost if I don't present the right stuff. Man, I was so happy they got rid of your ability to present profiles in AJ because it greatly decresed the amount of stuff I could present because it might be right.
I kinda missed them out of court, though.

Random question: favourite character freakouts? Y'know, the epic animations you get when you've finally cornered them and they're like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNGGGGHHHHH!!!!!". Or similar. Include minor freakout animations, too. Y'know, the "Urk!" ones. Or similar.

Here are mine:

Damon Gant and his sudden explosion of freakish terror. My first mad thought, finishing 1-5 at some sleepy hour of the morning, was that he'd somehow violently blown the outer layers of his skin off and turned into something that looked a lot like a zombie. Freakish indeed.

Matt Engarde. It's enough of a "whoa" moment when he stops being spacey and dumb, sweeps his hair back revealing the scratches across his eye, grabs a glass out of nowhere and starts acting evil, but pushing him to the point where he snaps and gouges bloody lines across his face (how sharp are those fingers of his?) like... well, a madman... is greatly satisfying, don't you think? His panicked "oh man, I am so dead" expression is lovely, too.

Dahlia Hawthorne. All her animations are excellent, actually. Mean Dahlia, glowing-eyes Dahlia... the way the butterflies flittering around her suddenly burn to dust when she loses it is awesome, too. But her final freakout is probably the most unique and epic one so far. Evil spirit Dahlia!

Now Godot never really freaks out, does he? He's cool like that. Nevertheless, he's got some this-is-a-bad-situation animations that just drip awesomeness (in fact, I'd say that he's another one whose animations - including his Diego ones - are all amazing). Shattering the cup with one hand (back when he was Diego) in 3-4 was sweet enough, but the visor explosion and bleeding from the eyes in 3-5 was even sweeter. I think he still holds the record so far for the most (stylish) bleeding done in a courtroom? :D

Daryan, you shark-wearing jerk, you. I mention this guy for his freakout animation alone this time. Look at a sprite sheet of him. Seriously. When he's screaming and whipping his hair all over the place, his head does not exist. He is a pointy hairstyle on a neck. @_@ It's creepy.

Kristoph Gavin. Somehow it wasn't quite as satisfying to expose this guy as it seems like it should have been - maybe he should have remained Apollo's mentor at least for one full case so it would have a little more impact when he's accused the first time - but it's still quite a sight to see when he breaks down looking like he just crawled out of a river, or laughs in an utterly cracked fashion with one hand on his face.

Honourable mention goes to
Brushel's tie-around-head "Urk!" animation. As if that guy wasn't weird enough. o.o

Random question: favourite character freakouts? Y'know, the epic animations you get when you've finally cornered them and they're like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNGGGGHHHHH!!!!!". Or similar. Include minor freakout animations, too. Y'know, the "Urk!" ones. Or similar.

Matt Engarde. It's enough of a "whoa" moment when he stops being spacey and dumb, sweeps his hair back revealing the scratches across his eye, grabs a glass out of nowhere and starts acting evil, but pushing him to the point where he snaps and gouges bloody lines across his face (how sharp are those fingers of his?) like... well, a madman... is greatly satisfying, don't you think? His panicked "oh man, I am so dead" expression is lovely, too.

I still say he looks like von Karma at that point. And what's in that glass, anyway? Chocolate milk? It's too brown and opaque-looking to be anything else, IMO. :/ He's all "hahahaha fear me and my intimidating looks and my super-suave CHOKLIT MILK"

Uh... anyway. Most of them are pretty amusing (I'm pretty damn sure real criminals and lawyers, uh, don't wig out and pretty much explode every five seconds) but you wanted favorites so.

Manfred von Karma after you expose the murder and all that. It's fairly entertaining on its own, but once you've seen all the funny icons and images you can make out of those animations... yeah. Takes the cake easy. FAIRY GODPARENTS FAIRY GODPARENTS

And a lot of people do that exploding thing in JFA, I've noticed. Trilo's head and arms fly off and then magically reappear,
Adrian breaks her glasses about seven times and actually has enough replacements in her pocket to make up for it and de Killer's radio starts sweating oil (why that is in radio?) and then blows up on several occasions...
yeah.
Also pressing Acro and Adrian to the point where they started confessing stuff made me feel really, really bad. D:

Minor-wise... eh... any time Edgeworth loses his composure completely is good for a few chuckles. And I've noticed that Franziska has developed her father's habit of grabbing her shoulder when she gets upset (doesn't Edgeworth, too?).

...oh, and the time that Godot spent thirty seconds calmly drinking coffee after I pointed out a contradiction for no apparent reason other than to do a spit take. :D

Last edited:
Kratos Aurion said:
...oh, and the time that Godot spent thirty seconds calmly drinking coffee after I pointed out a contradiction for no apparent reason other than to do a spit take. :D

That was epic.
:D

yeah.
Also pressing Acro and Adrian to the point where they started confessing stuff made me feel really, really bad. D:

I totally agree there.

I really liked
Deliah's exploding butterflies
. And when
Gant sort of blows up.

And Godot's animations are just all epic.

*glug glug glug PSSSSHHHH!*

That ALMOST made up for 3-2. That,
Atmey, the annoying pest, when he cracks and spews out a ton of words with NO spacing whatsoever XDDD
, and
Kodo (?) freaking out in court when I tried to explore his fascination with ribbons :D

Oh, having troubles in 3-3

Victor Kodo (I THINK that's his name *too lazy to go check*). I am at the part where he describes the witness. The witness wearing the 'broken spectacle', listening to the 'wireless', etc. This came after I learnt of his ribbon fetish :D Anyways, I cannot find the contradiction that proves that his memory is, as Phoenix puts it, "Full of more holes than a slice of swiss". Can somebody nudge me in the right direction? Don't tell me outright what to do, just try to drop some hints that will help it click in, please :D

^Kudo :3

I still say he looks like von Karma at that point. And what's in that glass, anyway? Chocolate milk? It's too brown and opaque-looking to be anything else, IMO. :/ He's all "hahahaha fear me and my intimidating looks and my super-suave CHOKLIT MILK"

It's GRAVY :D

Manfred's freakout was awesome. Uuh, I liked Marshall's "OMG!" face when he grabs his poncho in the suddenly-present wind. And freaking out April May was terrifying O.O

Wellingon's self-strangulation was pretty memorable... Morgan's eyes disappearing was a tad creepy and I love Adrian's limitless supply of glasses. Matt's freakout at the end was pretty awesome, too.

Dahlia was awesome all the way though, but I especially liked her burning butterflies and the bit at the very end when she's all Medusa-y. I liked it when Furio went nuts because imagined him to be Phoenix and that was funny X3 What Ron's hair did when he freaked out was hilarious and Jean didn't need to freak out to become as scary as hell.

I loved Olga's transformation... I loved Olga so much X3 Brushel's made me laugh far too much, Wesley's was mildly disturbing and Daryan's just... woah.

Eh, I just started ace attorney, but I only know about Apollo Justice, and I'm up to the point that we are just Finished Contradicting Lormiare and now going back to Ema Skye.
I personally think its Daryan who killed LeTousse, but I don't know. Strange remark-->I also think his hair looks like a Penis Anyways, if I could, could I maybe join, even though I don't know much about ace attorney, besides a little bit of AJ?

Ok... Managed to guess
Does Kudo not know left from right or have some sort of odd optic condition or something? Because his description of the crime scene would be perfect... If he swapped left for right and right for left O.o

Anyways... Help with Violetta's psyche-lock? She is too creepy for me T.T

My favorite freakout thing was
von Karma's. I seriously watched him beat his head on th wall repeatedly for 30 whole seconds. :D

As for minor freakouts...
April May seriously looked murderous when I pointed out contradictions. :D

Also, I use seriously a lot.

Also also, I need to hit the GameStop. JFA, here I come!

I like most of them really. It's great because then you know you've got 'em cornered.

I love how most times Edgeworth can't get the witnesses to state their name and profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom