• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

your "Holy crap!" moments

As of recently, I've pretty much decided to never, EVER kill a Dead Mate in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.
Dead Mate is a hobo-esque zombie wearing a ragged coat and hat accompanied by an undead dog, which he sic at you should you get to close. You have to attack him and not the dog to get the experience and quite possibly the Soul as well. But kill the dog and the zombie will fall to his knees and sob in grief, before fading away. That's right, you do not only kill a dog, you make a zombie cry, and if you do that, you're an asshole.

I was having a very wierd day on Halo 3 the other day...

I was on Pit Stop when this guy and I were fighting, I'd suddenly gotten a tad Grenade happy and I managed to knock out his shields and throw a Grenade jus as I died which he then promptly walked over... "Kill from the Grave!"!

Then I had, looking back, one of those "Good News, Bad News" moments on Citadel:

Good News: I'm close to the Shotgun!

Bad News: It's not there...

Good News: I still have my trusty Battle Rifle!

Bad News: There's someone coming at me up that ramp and my Grenade missed...

Good News: I still have another Plasma Grenade!

Bad News: I jus got assassinated...

Good News: I still managed to throw another Plasma Grenade which went straight up in the air...

Bad News: Er, well, only if you're the guy who assassinated me and thus got stuck! On the HEAD!! I stuck the guy behind me!!!

I was walking around a few weeks ago in SoulSilver, and decided to check the swarm for the day.
Me: Hey cool, it's Qwilfish! I think I'll catch one.
*walking to the route*
Me: Crap, I have to go through grass.
*encounter music*
Me: CRAAAAP it's a Rattata.
*sparkle sparkle*
Me: HOLY- (throws Love Ball)
*happydance*

The last two bosses of Castlevania 1 (which I just beat); Grim Reaper and Dracula (well, only his second form). Because both of them can be obliterated before they even attack you if you're quick enough with the Holy Water. (Well, Grim Reaper wasn't so much my holy crap moment because I got that from a guy doing a walkthrough on YouTube and copied it. Then it occurred to me to try the same on the final boss and it worked. I was like "NO FREAKING WAY WHAT".)

The true last boss' final spell card in Imperishable Night on Lunatic difficulty. Granted the difficulty's got nothing on anything in the DonPachi series, but holy shit, look at all the colors!

More of a 'haha what, that's funny' thing than a 'holy crap' but I cannot get over this xD

I was playing TF2 with moony, and I was a Medic, and she was a Heavy. I'd just respawned after getting sniped yet again, and she was waiting outside the respawn area. I opened the door and started to heal her from just inside, when another Medic approached her...with my screen name. She just stared at the guy for a second and gunned him down. It was really funny for some reason. Silly ol' Spy.

I was replaying my old FR game to catch some good pokemon to migrate to Platinum. As I was walking through Dark Cave, I got pissed at the constant appearance of Geodudes and Zubats. Finally, I was just about to use a Repel when I encountered a pokemon.
Me: DARN >.<
Zubat: But... I sparkle! See? *sparkle sparkle*
Me: HOLY CRAP.

I discovered the "Kamikaze" glitch in SSBM without looking at the internet. I was playing as Ness and my brother was Mr. Game & Watch and there were 2 CPs, Young Link and Marth. I sent out 3 PK Flashes at G&W, and he caught all three in his bucket. He sent them back at me, and then he flew back and OHKOd Young Link and Marth. My brother almost exploded laughing. XD

First play of Diamond, I had Pokemon of around Lv 41, 42 and one about 43! I went and had to battle the Lv 47 Dialga! Unfortunately I forgot to save, but it didn't matter... He gave me a bit of a headache at first, but I caught him with my third Ultra Ball thrown!

Platinum, I had Pokemon of around mid-50's Lv-wise and I climbed Mt Coronet nabbing the Lustrous and Adamant Orbs en route, obviously! When I eventually got to the summit I found and challenged the Lv 70 Dialga and caught him in my first Ultra Ball! Then, I left and came back and found Palkia, also Lv 70, standing there, and I caught him in my third Ultra Ball too!

Shame Heatran took like an hour to finally catch, though...

This one is old, but when I went to catch Giratina on Platinum:

Me: *looks in bag after getting Giratina into the red* Crap, I forgot to buy more Ultra Balls! Well, since I'm in the Distored World Dusk Balls will probably work better, so I'll use that one first.*Tosses only Dusk Ball*
game: Giratina was caught!

My holy crap moments....

Fallout 3, I picked up a teddy bear, turned around and was attacked by a Super Mutant Behemoth that wasn't there two seconds prior.
Also Fallout 3I was moving throught the flooded mines when Dogmeat started growling, I look around but can't find anything, but I thought I heard a feral ghoul. I kept looking around and couldn't find anything. I pretty much go "eh whatever" and I open the door, my screen flashes with a bright light, I go "HOLY ****" and back up, three Glowing ones, two feral ghouls, and a Mirelurk warrior.... Also don't fire a gun in Underworld.
In MW2 I get the worst respawns, well sometime last week I respawned perfectly in the middle of two snipers. In short
Me: Back! *shot by both snipers*
Worst part.... it was the last kill of the game.

I was battleing on PBR(pokemon battle revoulotion)The guy sends out Ninjask as his first pokemon so I switch to Infernape.He uses substitute continusley.Then he sends out Shiny rotom and KO's Infernape.I switch to Palkia and he switches to a shiny ludicolo.I use dragon claw to KO it.Then he sends rotom out again and knocks out Palkia with charge beam.So I send out Gengar and Rotom used Shadow Ball.Gengar faints.I turn the wii of angirily saying I should have kept my Dugtrio with Fissure that almost always hit(mostly 3/5 of the time)

Seeing Malus in Shadow of the Colossus. Also, the second afterward when
he shoots FIERY DEATH from his fingertips and sends you flying like 20 feet with half health, or you run out of the way and still go flying because of the force of the explosion.

Well,about a year ago,our teacher had let us bring our DSes and play with them. So,me and afew boys brought them. We were battiling them and all that,when one of the boys said he found a shiny. I wanted it,so I said I would trade it for a Machoke. He agreed,and we traded. Turns out it was a shiny Bidoof. Whatever. Then,one day I was training Pokemon in Platinum,when

A wild MAGNIMITE appeared!
Me: ...It's brown! What it that,rust?! Oh great. A rusty Magnimite. Is that possible?
Magnimite: *sparkles* :D
Me: HOLY CRAP! *throws Ultra Ball*

Good times...

Somehow managed to make to, and actually finish stage 2-1 in DoDonPachi DaiOuJou.

I was so flabbergasted at having done so, I ended up dying instantly at the start of stage 2-2. It probably won't happen again. Unless I have massive amounts of coffee to help me focus.

So I'm fighting Persona 3's final boss when he/she/it (I'm not even sure) activates a skill that makes it reflect everything you throw at it. I'm not sure if it was because I was too overleveled or if it's an instant kill, but either way my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to attack it. And despite the fact that I was 20 levels higher than the boss, I was killed in the blink of an eye.

I was playing the NASCAR Racing arcade game, and there was a car right in front of me, with tons of black smoke coming out. One of the opponent cars must have hit it, because suddenly I faintly saw an upside-down car right in front of me. I hit it, and then crashed straight into the wall. Needless to say, I did not get the free race that time.

So I'm fighting Persona 3's final boss when he/she/it (I'm not even sure) activates a skill that makes it reflect everything you throw at it. I'm not sure if it was because I was too overleveled or if it's an instant kill, but either way my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to attack it. And despite the fact that I was 20 levels higher than the boss, I was killed in the blink of an eye.
What kind of attack did you use? I'm guessing not an elemental spell, as that would have been nullified by resistance when reflected, right? (But yeah, that move is nasty if you don't know what it does.)

What kind of attack did you use? I'm guessing not an elemental spell, as that would have been nullified by resistance when reflected, right? (But yeah, that move is nasty if you don't know what it does.)

Oh, I was using the MC, and he had the ice-elemental fists equipped. Unfortunately I had no resistance to ice.

I experimented a bit with Moonless Gown, though, and it reflects everything, including Almighty (that made me sad). It also deals a flat 500 damage. But it was still mighty startling.

Concerning Portal, I freaked out a bit when I turned slowly on a moving platform
only to see an entireflaming room of death open up before me. I immediately suicided out of shock.

I was playing Brawl aganst my brother. He was Link and I was Peach. During the battle, I randomly pause.

The screenshot was Link groping Peach's chest. XD

And what's more, after that, in our next match, when we again used Link and Peach, on two random pauses, we got Link and Peach in regular sex and oral sex poses! LMFAO!

Too bad my brother didn't let me screen-cap those. :(

I think I now know why Brawl is T-rated.

Back
Top Bottom