• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

your "Holy crap!" moments

Playing the first few hours of Final Fantasy XIII. A negative "Holy crap", as in "Holy Crap! I traded in Uncharted 2 and Crack in Time for THIS?!"

Anyway, on a more positive note, putting together a level in Little Big Planet, and realising it all works. "Holy Crap! I DIDN'T SCREW IT UP *happy dance"

As for frightening moments, the first time I encountered a Crimson head in the Gamecube Resident evil remake "HOLY CRAP I THOUGHT I KILLED YOU!!! ARRRGH!"

The first time in Phoenix Wright: Justice for All that the Psyche-Locks appear.

Cuz at first its all happy musics and then BAM *screen inverts* *locks appear*

First seeing Zero Suit Samus in Brawl. "Thousands of boys paused the game, rotated the camera, and became men".- IGN
The two times I encountered shiny Pokemon, both in the same Platinum save file.
Knocking a guy's head off with a baseball bat in my first Fallout 3 playthrough. Out of the park, indeed.
Exiting the Vault in Fallout 3, and, gazing at the scorched landscape, realizing how huge and epic this game really is (same goes for Oblivion).
Succesfully creating a quest and writing script for it with the Morrowind Editor.
Sending the final boss of Morrowind plummeting into a pool of magma using a levitation spell.

My sister was going to put something on her Pokewalker and this happened:

Pokewalker: Pikachu joined you! (or something along those lines)
All of us: OMGWTF

sadly it did not have surf or fly

I was just playing Twilight Princess again earlier, and was going through the Lakebed Temple. I was fighting one of those lizard things on the rotating wheel-things, knocked it down onto a space near the door, and used the ending blow on it. It hit, and Link did the backflip that he does after using that move successfully... which ended up in him jumping off a cliff and going down to an endless pit, only to land on one of the platforms below.

I got Punch-Out!! Wii today, and had heard it had been made far more politically correct than the NES version. Then I saw they'd given Great Tiger a magic carpet.

The first time I got to Red in SS, I was like:"I'm gonna pwn him" and I was with lv 59-69.

-_-Imagine my surprise when he came out with his Pikachu lv88.

hey, I won with a bunch of level 55s! but then again I had a fuckton of revives and had to Hailstall a few Pokémon to death

Yesterday I left my friend upstairs with Cheat Engine 5.6.1 and Halo. When I came back up he was laughing his head of and blowing people up with the Needler. When I asked him why, he goes. "I accidently gave us infinite ammo."

Campaign is gunna be so easy.

Today playing Minecraft, I found Gold Ore. Yaaaay!! It's not that big of a deal since gold isn't actually that useful, but it means I'm getting deeper under and might be able to find some diamond ore soon <3 and I haven't actually found any dungeons full of baddies yet to reach the gold - I've literally been digging in a downwards spiral and following the resources I find (so far, lots of gravel, plenty of coal, a handful of iron ore and GOOOOOLD).

Playing Left 4 Dead 2 with a full team of players. It was bloody beautiful to play without a single bot, even if it was crazy and haphazard as none of us have auto bot and often shot nothing/each other. X3 Can't wait to do that again.

Also, the very first time I played Team Fortress 2. I'd never actually played a shooter before that. Afterwards, I immediately wanted the L4D games, so yeah...sorta opened my mind to the shooting genre.

As of recently, I've pretty much decided to never, EVER kill a Dead Mate in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.
Dead Mate is a hobo-esque zombie wearing a ragged coat and hat accompanied by an undead dog, which he sic at you should you get to close. You have to attack him and not the dog to get the experience and quite possibly the Soul as well. But kill the dog and the zombie will fall to his knees and sob in grief, before fading away. That's right, you do not only kill a dog, you make a zombie cry, and if you do that, you're an asshole.

So I'm not the only one feels bad for the poor zombie guy. ;-;

Anyways...
On the subject of "Funny Brawl Screenies", I was playing with a bunch of comp characters, I think I was Meta Knight, but I managed to pause it on Mr. Game and Watch falling underneath Peach, and it looked like he was looking up her dress x3

Pokemon Holy Crap moment: OMG ITS A SHINY RHYDON
*catch*
OH GOD THE LIGHT ON MY DS IS RED
I GOTTA FIND MY CHARGER
Luckily I found it in time, my shiny rhyperior is one of my favorite Pokemon now >:3

Battlefield 2 "LOL" moment, was playing as an engineer, walking along, saw an enemy tank coming straight at me. I dropped a mine and ran behind a corner... Stupid AI tank (Only me and my dad were playing) ran right over the mine while it was chasing me. xD

Also Sims 3, that wonderful day I invited an "insane" Sim to my house, they fished in my pool, went swimming in a tuxedo, peed next the pool and left.

Also, WHY THE HECK HAS NO ONE MENTIONED DUSKNOIR YET??

"Wow, I just caught Raikou at full health in a Fast Ball. I'm pretty pumped about that, although obviously I can't go express my joy to the world because I'm sitting in the middle of debate class. ... lol I wonder if I would act up if I found a shiny."

[ten minutes later]

"... really? a shiny Gligar? really? :VVVV"

Just erlier i was playing Diamond(I DONT CHEAT.), and, i went to go catch Dialga(<3!!!), but instead of Dialga appering, IT WAS A ARCEUS!!!
^Epic Holy Crap Moment.

^Either you;re lying or you're cheating. Arceus is only available with the Azure Flute which, to my knowledge, hasn't been released yet.

Also Sims 3, that wonderful day I invited an "insane" Sim to my house, they fished in my pool, went swimming in a tuxedo, peed next the pool and left.

Oh, insane Sims; try having a house with two of them! One of them insists on sleeping in his tuxedo.

Back
Top Bottom