• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

your "Holy crap!" moments

Persona 3, after
Shinjiro
dies... well, I thought I was done crying into a pillow about it, and then I took Akihiko in my party for Tartarus and, well...

...new end-of-battle lines. Oh god. ; ;

I was playing Dragonshard, and it was me vs. 2 CPUs. I thought I had wiped out one base and I had gone onto the other, but then the people from the base I thought I had wiped out came back. Their Champion went super saiyan on my Champion and I lost. T.T

Persona 4: It was Nametame? Dang, didn't see that - whoa, wait, it's actually ADACHI?! And what's this all about... THAT GAS STATION ATTENDANT?!

I have plenty of Pokemon ones too. My best was when I heard about this Red cheat on the Internet (I didn't hear what it did) and decided to give it a shot. I caught an Abra, teleported away from a Trainer that walked up to me, battled this other Trainer, walked back to Cerulean and WAIT WHAT WHERE THE HECK DID THAT MEW COME FROM?! It then happened again with Missingno. T.T...

I was playing FFTA2 and the stupid AI decided to do an attack which healed me. They attacked and I countered, got a critical hit and knocked them back into a trap. I bet only one or two people actually understood that.

I was playing FFTA2 and the stupid AI decided to do an attack which healed me. They attacked and I countered, got a critical hit and knocked them back into a trap. I bet only one or two people actually understood that.

Depends. Quite a few people here play RPGs, and they all have the same basic mechanics. That's not too had to understand.

This however, I'm gonna try to draw a little bit so that people can actually understand.

Playing Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time last night, I got ambushed by a bunch of those tiny little dust bunnies, that can self-destruct for an MP OHKO, electrocute you to paralyze you and kill you through MP damage, can stun-lock you, and are impossible to hit with Maria's Energy Burst. Not fun. Even worse, Fayt and Maria got KOed, and I lacked Fresh Sage, Analeptic, and Resurrection Mist due to my neglecting to create more, so I was stuck controlling Cliff. After a while, I figured this would take forever, considering the file I was playing on was on 4D difficulty, so just stopped spamming Max Shockwave, and tried Escaping.

While Cliff was busy running in place in his attempt to escape, three of the dust bunnies decide to gang up, and electrocute him. It does just enough damage to kill him through MP damage, but he died AFTER he escaped, and I was flabbergasted when it took me back to the Sphere 211, floor 210 where I was before, and even moreso when I opened the menu to see Cliff with his 16000 HP, and only 1 MP.

Good thing I had Black Berries, and Mental Enhancer for that. Not so good the fact that I haven't taken ANY time whatsoever to grind Adray, Nel, Albel, or Roger (Sophia's... Useless) up to around Level 213 so they'd be more on par with my main three party members. So Adray nor Sophia had Resurrection/Raise Dead, and the only form of HP healing I had were a few Blue Berries, some Mental Enhancer, and a healing Spell, Healing, only useable by Fayt and Maria, who were both dead ;~;

The only thing I said about this was, "Holy crap. I really managed to drive myself into a ditch this time."

So, I had this theory in Tales of the Abyss where I decided one character was a clone of the other because it was clear they were voiced by the same person. Turned out, I was right.

As a result of that, in Persona 3, I decided that there might be something to my theory that a certain person was the same person as another person, because their voices sounded almost identical. I turned out to be right again.

...what I just learned is that all of these characters are voiced by the same person. Now that is one awesome voice actor. 8D

Pretty much all of the easter eggs in Spore scared the crap out of me the first time I saw them. Most were in the Creature Stage.

*singing to some wild creatures*
*everyone scatters*
Me: Hey, where's everyone going? ^^
*giant pink foot appears and drains all my health*
Me: 0_0

*singing to more wild creatures*
*everyone scatters*
Me: *looks around*
*giant rocks start falling out of the sky and almost squish me*
Me: HOLY CRAP *begins playing most extreme game of dodgeball ever*

*wandering with pack members*
*giant green laser thing sucks up all my pack members into the sky*
Me: o_o
(I later learned that a spaceship had abducted all my friends)

*swimming across some lake to my home nest*
*character freezes in place*
Me: Wha-
*fish-man thing pops up and swallows my creature*
Me: O_O

My big one, (and those of you who haven't played Prime by now kinda deserve getting this spoiled) was the first time I fought Prime. I had nine energy tanks lost four, finally killed it, and set the controller down for a minute to get some water. Then I can back, down three hundred damage, and saw Essence. Suffice to say, I died.

...replaying TWEWY, and I just noticed the foreshadowing in Hanekoma's name. o.o

"Neko" = cat. As in, CAT. And "hane" = feather. As in, angel.

o=

Double on last fight of MtG: Battlegrounds.

Because Mishra (the last boss) can apparently "cast any spell at any time", but only casts Havoc Demon once every 2 minutes and Elvish Warriors.

So when he starts with Havoc Demon I was like O.O.
But when I try the second time with my White deck and beat him, I was =.=

I was playing Final Fantasy VI, and I had just finished entering four commands, and my opponents Confused my entire Party!

Unfortunately for me, I had Cyan in my team and used the Bushido Lv 8...

And he used Oblivion on MY TEAM and killed them ALL instantly!!!

Guitar Hero 3:

FC'ing the zigzag in Fast Solo B of One by tapping
Getting 83% on the TTFAF intro
FC'ing the fast green strumming at the start of the Raining Blood outro-solo

(The crazy part is, I still can't pass In the Belly of a Shark, Minus Celsius, My Curse, and 6 other songs including Raining Blood.)

Brawl:
Getting a -12 with Fox against my brother
Discovering that my best character was Ice Climbers
Crowd chants

Matt Engarde's reveal as the culprit in Phoenix Wright: Justice For All, Case 4. I mean, he goes from this sweet-looking ditzy guy to a scar-faced demon who pulls a glass of cognac out of nowhere just so he can swirl it evilly IN A JAIL QUESTIONING ROOM in one second. You can't not be a little shocked by that, even if you already figured out that he did it.

i was playing my InuYasha nintendo game, and i found out that if inuyasha uses wind scar, or miroku uses kazana, you can take out any enemy in like 1 turn. i was like, OMG DUDE, AWESOME!

In the Subspace Emissary when Ridley attacked from nowhere. Wow, that really made me jump. Then smile. Like a maniac.

And also I was pretty much "holy crap" for the entire period of playing No More Heroes.

Miles Edgeworth Investigations, Episode 5. That scene where we discover that the Butz was stalking Oldbag...

Also Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, case 5,
when Quercus Alba turns out to be the real villain. It's like Engarde's transformation only way more awesome.

Brutal Legend: I decided to try and drive off a cliff near the Sea of Black Tears. I completely skipped the graveyards and leaped right into the entrance of the actual sea and landed on a Bride, killing it instantly. Then drove into a pack of Grave Diggers and earned masses of Fire Tributes; the Lightning Plug Jump and the murderous driving.

Coolest thing ever.

Megaman 10's Wily Castle. First off, I wet my pants when I saw Block Devil. Not to mention Wily's new space station! God that was awesome.

Ditto with Engarde's reveal in Justice for All.

Back
Top Bottom