• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do animals have souls?

Plus, scientific studies show that only humans and dolphins have sex for fun, as a side note.
Actually, Bonobos and Chimpanzees are also found to have sex for fun. Even though the poster before me got to that point...
Even though I classify myself Agnostic, I believe animals and humans have somewhat of a "soul" in their minds. Your brain is a very complex thing. Not as much a spiritual soul as your personality and things like that.

Last edited:
...OMG, is this starting to become the only violent discussion topic on these forums?

I think that animals have souls, but they act differently than human souls. Firstly, for all you religious freaks out there, maybe the human soul has something to do with Karma, Heaven, and Hell, but IMO animals' souls don't. An animal's soul could be just its concience in an external form, or (this goes with reincarnation) used as an embodiment after death and before rebirth. Or they could be the same way. Maybe there's a seperate heaven for every animal family.

But I don't care about whether a DS has a soul. My point wasn't that purity is better, but that women are further from god than animals, according to the bible.

Also, god resting on the seventh day, just 'cause, is kinda illogical.
It's not hard because he's a god. He's a god because he created the universe, even though he rested for one day. But it wasn't 'cause he was tired, it's cause he's a god.

It's sorta like circular logic.

Either way, christianwise, animals are closer to god than women, therefore have more of a right to a soul.

As I said before, ages ago, there was a vote to decide whether women had souls, so as the idea of women having souls was created after everything biblical was written, your automatic stance is that women don't matter. That's it, you can't argue with it. You really can't. 'Course, nowadays, you'd be biased.
Bitches don't know real Christian values.

Heehee, chimps last, like, 4 seconds. : )

e:
Make one, if you can handle everyone disagreeing with you.
Really? I can? It'd make me able to argue 'bout god, without feeling guilty for bringing it up offtopic.

Here's a greater question that may help with the smaller ones:

Do souls exist outside of religion, or only in a specific religion?

I'm agnostic, and I believe in souls.

Also, god resting on the seventh day, just 'cause, is kinda illogical.
It's not hard because he's a god. He's a god because he created the universe, even though he rested for one day. But it wasn't 'cause he was tired, it's cause he's a god.

It's sorta like circular logic.
I think I heard somewhere that He rested to set a good example for resting/not working on the Sabbath or something.

I think I heard somewhere that He rested to set a good example for resting/not working on the Sabbath or something.
That's all they said in Church when I was younger. Don't work on the sabbath or something like that. Because that day is for the lord and you should be in church etc. etc.

Back
Top Bottom