• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers

AAAAA I'm so sorry I've not posted in the OS in ages, between going out with friends and getting into a fight somehow I've not had time, plus between my DSi and my craptop (hurr puns) I can barely manage a post before I get logged out. And after I've been really enthusiastic about it too. But I've been looking at the thread every other chance I've got, I swear it!

@Mhaladie & Spoon: Mhals, I have a feeling that the list will come in useful in the future. Can we get the list on the front page, Spoony?

Just two weeks until I get paid and I'll make a hugeass post on my new, shiny laptop. I promise.

Just popping in to say hi. I'd rather not officially join at this point because I know I'm not going to be able to stay active on anything resembling a regular basis, but it is nice to see OS getting back on track again.

If you ever decide on who you want threadminned, though, you can poke me and I'll make it happen. Least I can do is use my bold for you guys even if I don't contribute. :B Just make sure whoever it is has already posted in the thread at least once.

Last edited:
Welcome to all the new people! And hi there Kratos. o/

@Spaekle: Thanks. :D

@Arylett: Yeah, I really should redo the centre light part thing. Too much laziness... \o/ In any case, thank you!

About that ref... for something drawn with a laptop mouse, it's pretty good, hahaha. One thing I should point out is that the feet probably shouldn't point in different directions. I mean, if stand up and try to have your feet like that, it's... kind of physically painful! A couple of folds in the shirt are a bit too extreme, too, although some of them work quite nicely. I'd probably just keep an eye on that a bit more, and tone it down in places.

@Psymon: Aww, I'm glad you like it! ;w; I really like your half as well, it's cute! The shading is quite nice as well. Some of the lines are just a little wobbly, though. I know what you mean about the moustache, it's a crazy little thing.

...Haha, I agree with Kinova, he looks like he'd suit a hat and a monocle perfectly.

@Blazhy: Welcome back! (Although I don't really know if I can say that because I wasn't here before, haha.) Your persona is really cool!

@Kinova: Thank you! The see-through-ness of the orb was certainly a fun and interesting experiment. :D

Your persona and style are really cute! The legs do look kind of stiff, though.

@Mawile: Hmm... I can see that. Maybe I'll attempt to fix those blasted feet at a later time. Also, I like your Fakemon, it's pretty cute. Your shading's gotten better. Just a few things... it looks a bit too thin, like the back slopes down too much. And the right paw, the one it's sticking up, is kinda stiff. Pretty nice though.

@Blu: Thanks~ I can do a bit of toning down... although which shirt do you mean? The red shirt or the white shirt? I'm presuming you mean the white one.

Well, I've caught myself up on the recent posts, but because I'm a lazy arse I won't comment on anything thus far. That'll change in the future - hopefully- *shot*

Anyway, I haven't been drawing anything lately, so would anyone like to do an art trade with me to kick me back in gear?

Well, I've caught myself up on the recent posts, but because I'm a lazy arse I won't comment on anything thus far. That'll change in the future - hopefully- *shot*

Anyway, I haven't been drawing anything lately, so would anyone like to do an art trade with me to kick me back in gear?

Yeah, sure.

How about... something that starts with the letter at the beginning of your mother's name?

Gah, I left my drawing equipment at a friend's house a few days ago ;_;
I haven't been able to do any drawing at all, which is bad because there's so much that I need to :C
It doesn't help that I've been feeling really creative this whole time T_T

Yeah, sure.

How about... something that starts with the letter at the beginning of your mother's name?

That'd be C, then. And because I'm lazy and uncreative I'll give you the same conditions (not C, I mean the mother's name thing).

Gah, I left my drawing equipment at a friend's house a few days ago ;_;
I haven't been able to do any drawing at all, which is bad because there's so much that I need to :C
It doesn't help that I've been feeling really creative this whole time T_T

Hmm... there ought to be pencils where you are at least, right? Perhaps you could do some concept sketches and flesh them out later, when you get your supplies back?

I'm wondering...Is it to late to join? Or do you already have too many members? Because I have a great interest in art and I would very much like to join this club...

Sorry, I'm sorta shy...^_^;

Blastoise, I'm done~

Decided to try a sketchier style this time around. Also I need to practice backgrounds.

Cradily in a Coral reef.

This image is also dedicated to Kai because I know he hasn't been feeling too great lately. Hopefully a picture of one of your favourite Pokemon will cheer you up, yeah?

Alright, here it is!

It's definitly not my best work. I was trying a new style and such, so Mijumaru is what I used to test it out. I made him blushing because for some odd reason, I like seeing Pokemon blush. I find it cute~

Alright, here it is!

It's definitly not my best work. I was trying a new style and such, so Mijumaru is what I used to test it out. I made him blushing because for some odd reason, I like seeing Pokemon blush. I find it cute~

that is so cute omigod

It is tasty. It may help that Bawwter is my favorite, but it's still good. Your outlines are a strong point. The shading is weird though; it especially looks odd on the feet and ears. The feet look like they're being lit from underneath and the (our) left ear's highlight is to far to the right.

Very cute, though. Love to see more of your work, if there's any knocking around in your harddrive.

@BLaZHY: Here is your Happiny. Happy?

that is so cute omigod

It is tasty. It may help that Bawwter is my favorite, but it's still good. Your outlines are a strong point. The shading is weird though; it especially looks odd on the feet and ears. The feet look like they're being lit from underneath and the (our) left ear's highlight is to far to the right.

Very cute, though. Love to see more of your work, if there's any knocking around in your harddrive.

@BLaZHY: Here is your Happiny. Happy?

:3

Thanks~ And as for the shading, it was supposed to seem like the light was coming in this direction, <--- so that's why the shading's like that. And also, thanks for showing me what I can improve on the picture. Now I know what I need to do next time I draw Mijumaru~

And thank you again! Actually, all my other drawings are on my parent's coputer, so I'm panning on sending them to mine. But, at the moment I'm working on a shiny Mew, so expect to see one soon. :3

Ooh, that's an adorible Happiny~ So huggable!

Alright, here it is!

That's cute :3
I do agree the shading looks pretty weird though.
I'd like to see more.

Btw may I join?

This is a sketchy drawing I did of a dog creature I made up.
(note: Do NOT zoom in. It becomes gigantic.)
I suck 8D
I know its a little dark but my scanner won't work so I had to use a camera.

Back
Top Bottom