• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Soda!

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
Soda, fizzy drink, pop, whatever you call it, do you have a favorite? If so what flavor, ie if you like mountain dew what kind?

Personally I don't drink much in the way of soft drinks, I guess I am a pepsi fan myself, fav mountain dew being the new tropical one... whatever the name is...

Coke, and only Coke. Vanilla Coke is pretty much the only variant I like, and I like it better than the standard Coke, but since it's hard to find around here I mostly save it for school lunches. I drink normal coke with everything except for cake and cookies. Pancakes are fine though.

I really don't like other sodas, but Sprite in particular tends to make me toss the rest of my lunch, especially if it's gotten warm. And Dr. Pepper, which really puts me at odds with my best friend. But at least we both like mushrooms on our pizza.

all time favorite is vanilla pepsi (which they don't make anymore), vanilla coke (which is EXTREMLY hard to find), and dr. pepper.

I'm a soda JUNKIE. I love Crush (Sunkist isn't as good), Mr. Pibb (you unsophisticated Dr. Pepperers), Pepsi (beats coke), Sprite (Sierra Mist has no flavor), and Mountain Dew. Especially the Baja Blast one at Taco Bell.

Coke. Most definitely.
...Mostly because it's all Mom ever buys ever.

I do, however, also enjoy root beer, cream soda, and Sprite when it has kool-aid mixed into it.

Mountain Dew Voltage is the best soda ever created. Root Beer is a close second.

Coke Zero is meant to imitate actual Coke's taste as much as possible. Diet Coke... doesn't.

Then why does Diet Coke still exist it doesn't even taste nice ._.
I thought Diet Coke was just low sugar and Coke Zero was no sugar whatsoever or something. Like Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Max, the latter having the oddest name for something with the minimum amount of sugar possible. i.e. none at all.
Oh wait apparently neither Pepsi Max nor Diet Pepsi have any sugar. What the hell.

Anyway, Dr Pepper > Cherry Coke > Coke. Yes, I have a hierarchy. I'm not too fond of any non-Coke fizzy drinks really.

Oh and I once bought a 2-litre of Coke for 29p which is the worst thing I ever drank, and I once had a bag of rubbish squirt in my mouth while I was tying it up so :S

Ever since I visited Europe for the first time in... oh, when was that... Wow, I guess it was only 2008. They made us all pay for soda over there, anyway, rather than include it with our meals, and since I was raised by my parents to be a stingy miser (whether they meant to do that to me or not), I've largely stopped drinking soda, and I've tried to keep it that way. That's becoming less and less of a problem the less soda I drink, too, because I've stopped liking several sodas that I used to like since I've stopped drinking them as often.
I used to like Coke a lot, but these days, I tend to prefer Dr Pepper when I drink soda (though Mr Pibb is okay, too). I've been known to drink Sprite or Sierra Mist though from time to time, especially when I've got an upset stomach. Somehow, it seems to help.

And for the record, I'm of the opinion that vanilla flavored sodas are, as a general rule, totally nasty and really disgusting.
Don't know how people drink that crap.

...But this's all just got me wanting Spezi. Dangit.

Then why does Diet Coke still exist it doesn't even taste nice ._.
I thought Diet Coke was just low sugar and Coke Zero was no sugarwhatsoever or something. Like Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Max, the latter having the oddest name for something with the minimum amount of sugar possible. i.e. none at all.
Oh wait apparently neither Pepsi Max nor Diet Pepsi have any sugar. What the hell.

... the whole idea behind the "Diet" is zero calories. Sugar does not mix with zero calories. Also while I agree that Diet Coke is rather horrible, some people prefer the subdued flavour. Coke Zero and Pepsi Max try to compromise by 'tasting better' while still having zero calories.

... the whole idea behind the "Diet" is zero calories. Sugar does not mix with zero calories. Also while I agree that Diet Coke is rather horrible, some people prefer the subdued flavour. Coke Zero and Pepsi Max try to compromise by 'tasting better' while still having zero calories.

I thought Diet drinks just had less calories. Ah well.
It still seems a little odd that the Diet versions are still around when you can have something that tastes almost as good as the non-healthy version while being as unsugary and calorieless as the healthy ones, unless there are an awful lot of people who like their Coke to taste slightly flat.

I thought Diet drinks just had less calories. Ah well.
It still seems a little odd that the Diet versions are still around when you can have something that tastes almost as good as the non-healthy version while being as unsugary and calorieless as the healthy ones, unless there are an awful lot of people who like their Coke to taste slightly flat.
Keep in mind that soft drinks in America make judicious use of high-fructose corn syrup over actual sugar. (This explains the taste difference between soda in the US and soda elsewhere) Also, Diet Coke has a very large following. They marketed towards women particularly and struck home. Coke Zero hasn't become particularly mainstream yet; only a few restaurants carry it compared to everyone having Diet Coke.

Back
Top Bottom