• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 3]

Big Red Cherry Bomb has browsed the thread; they're set to invisible so only the mods can see.

Hm. I'm going to keep my original vote, purely on suspicion that you both could just be trope-savvy mafia.

Technically, Littlestream could be lying and EE could be using this as an opportunity to prove themselves innocent. It's a possibility, though I don't think it's the case here, we should at least be aware of it.

Also, BRCB browses on invisible, so if they've viewed the thread we wouldn't know.

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 2]

When people don't appear on the "who read this thread" list, it's highly likely that it's just because they were invisible. Don't use absence of evidence as evidence of absence.

In other news, hm. So it's possible that the mysterious informants aren't the game's vanilla townies after all and are in fact power roles. Power roles of limited use, but power roles none the less.

This is, of course, assuming that Littlestream and EE are telling the truth. Now, we could just ask all of the not-action guys to roleclaim, but perhaps it would be simpler to just leave the votes as they stand and lynch Littlestream? Yes, we're all going to feel bad if it's an innocent, but if it is then that (probably) confirms EE as an innocent and proves that that is the actual vanilla role description. If Littlestream is innocent then we get back on track tomorrow and lynch Cherry, or maybe Karkat or someone if you're all that suspicious of him; if Littlestream is mafia, we're good to lynch EE the next day.

And at any rate, I highly doubt that BRCB will get enough votes/enough people will change their votes in time to prevent Littlestream's lynch anyway. If fewer people had voted for it then I'd be all for taking the pressure off, but at this point it's inevitable and we might as well milk it for whatever information we can.

I have to agree with Kratos Aurion's plan (other than not wanting out so early), but I'll warn you that you still can't be totally sure of EE's innocence, because she could be using my roleclaim to fake her own innocence.

I'm going to die anyway, but at least I can try. Guess I'll vote to lynch Big Red Cherry Bomb. Keep an eye on Karkat Vantas for me, he's suspicious. Good Luck!

I think I might as well confirm it: like Minkow, I also have a Body Double. I already hinted towards this way before she roleclaimed (claiming I had a limited form of immunity), so don't pull that one on me.

Sorry, Littlestream. I tried to find someone on the list that I knew didn't browse on invisible and would be generally inactive; unfortunately I had to pick you. Sorry!

FINAL TALLY: 10 Littlestream, 3 Big Red Cherry Bomb.

Littlestream doesn't struggle as it is dragged up to the gallows, having calmly accepted its fate. Doubt flickers across the faces of some of the villagers as the executioner opens the trapdoor and Littlestream falls, its neck snapping with a loud crack.

There is silence as the body swings lazily back and forth in the wind. Somebody suggests they go search its house and belongings, and no one is particularly surprised when they turn up no suits or business cards at all.

Littlestream is dead. It was not mafia.

You have 48 hours to send in your night actions.

The next day, Lupine Volt is missing.

The villagers do find a peculiar blood splatter and what look like pieces of organs getting torn apart by wild dogs in the residential neighborhood, however, and conclude that since nobody else appears to have any blood or organs missing after the night, that must be Lupine Volt's remains.

Daring to hope that Lupine Volt was yet another one of those mysterious yet convenient mafia deaths they've been having (and perhaps slightly biased by the knowledge that he had a really nice TV), they look eagerly through his stuff, only to disappointedly find no suspicious business cards or suits at all. They now feel slightly more guilty about nabbing all his furniture. Slightly.

Lupine Volt is dead. He was not mafia.

48 hours to discuss.

Hmm, Lupine Volt sounds like an odd target to me. They haven't really contributed much recently, so it's not like they were a huge threat. However, the whole thing in the flavour text about him getting his organs torn apart by wild dogs doesn't sound like a Mafia death. Perhaps we have another vigilante with some sort of control over animals?

I'm aware that I'm lookin a bit suspicious, but I can prove I'm not mafia-aligned. Minks isn't dead, I'll prove my innocence by posting my role PM and asking her to confirm it.

Role PM said:
You have a Body Double. Your power is Decoy Getaway. Your double is sure to take any fall for you - but unfortunately, you only have one double, and thanks to modern ID checks, you aren't safe from public lynchings. Better not get lynched, then. You will be notified if/when your double dies.

You are aligned with the innocents. You win when all the mafia killing roles are dead.

This is accurate, yes?

Dunno, maybe the mafia has a Nice Doggy, though. Wouldn't put it aside...

But yes, Lupine Volt seems a bit random o.o But at least there was only one death today! That's always good, if we do have multiple mafia factions or whatever. *nod*

Um... gonna state the obvious, but torn-to-pieces doesn't match the gunshot killings the Mafia's been (presumably) doing, so I'm guessing this is a non-Mafia killer. That means we maybe have a Mafia who's not sending in their actions (although I think I remember Bachuru saying she'd randomize a Mafia nonaction?), lucky healers, lucky Bulletproofs, lucky some other role I haven't thought of... or multiple aliens. Grrr.

On the other hand, it looks like our roleclaim-killer does not strike again, thankfully. Unless (as somebody stated before) he's giving us a false sense of security so more people can roleclaim.

Lupine Volt, on first glance, doesn't appear to have been active recently so I guess we've got either a Mafia-aligned (but apparently not specifically Mafia, per the flavor text) killer who's for some reason not targeting active players, or an innocent-aligned killer who's getting rid of dead weight.

All night actions that aren't completely optional - i.e. everything that isn't something like a one-use-only thing - get randomized if none is sent in, unless the player has specified a particular default action.

Lupine Volt, on first glance, doesn't appear to have been active recently so I guess we've got either a Mafia-aligned (but apparently not specifically Mafia, per the flavor text) killer who's for some reason not targeting active players, or an innocent-aligned killer who's getting rid of dead weight.

Another possibility is that there's an innocent-aligned killer who thought that they might have found a Mafia member. Sometimes the ones who talk at the start but say nothing after the first few days become suspicious of being mafia.

That or Butterchuru just added that flavour text to completely throw us off and the same Mafia member(s) were behind last night's killing.

Contributan'. Negrek is in the clear. As for the death, I have absolutely no idea. Lupine Volt seems to be an odd target for mafia, but if it wasn't mafia, where did mafia's kill go?

We don't have a way to know whether or not the flavor text is meaningful or not, but I do think it is. Note that the body wasn't identifiable, just that Lupine Volt was missing. Maybe that's a red herring, but who knows?

Also, does the really nice TV mean anything?

The remains are definitely Lupine Volt's, and the TV is silly flavor.

Could it be possible that the mafia are just inactive and Lupin Volt is the randomized result of their lack of night actions?

And it could be possible that Lupin Volt was shot and then left to the dogs. Since his organs are kind of all over the place, it'd be hard to see that the cause of death is a bullet wound.

asdfasdfasdf at least all our important people (Vixie and the rest) are still alive.

Also, continuing yesterday's discussion: BRCB, it seems like we're going to lynch you today if we don't get any more clues and you don't speak up soon. So, please try to defend yourself if you're innocent.

BCRB does sound like a good choice to lynch. We don't know for certain if she's viewed the topic yet (due to using invisible mode), but I don't think she's contributed to any discussions which isn't exactly any help to us :/

Big Red Cherry Bomb's last activity was before the day phase started, so perhaps we should give them a second before we just decide to lynch randomly?

Back
Top Bottom