• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Birthday Center

Let's see if I can revive the tradition. Offering a birthday anything for Kratos Aurion (if there is an anything that has not yet been lodged in that enormous profile), as well as a five days late anything for Jack_the_PumpkinKing and a four days late anything for Mawile.

Oh, sure. Eh... the only thing on my wishlist right now is a Shiny Stone, so if anyone wants to get me one, much appreciated.

Other than that, any plate or type enhancing item matching the type of the final forms of anything in my profile would be nice.

(And I may be being impolite a bit, but if anyone with mod capabilities wants to edit out some of the underscores stretching the page on this profile, I actually think I might like that better than an actual present.)

I'll also offer a late (or on time, in Kratos's case) birthday something for my fellow Januaryers. Most of them in the first post seem to be inactive now (or have changed their names) but I know Kratos and Mawile and Lucas755 and whatever Brock's changed its name to now (Hidan? Or I think there was another change since then) for sure are around.

Well, Jack_the_PumpkinKing, I'm getting you an Icicle Plate.

I know, it doesn't look so useful considering you have no Ice-types. But, well, I bought this with something of a convoluted reason. See, I dunno whether this also applies to the pre-evolutions, but Togekiss is one of the Pokémon that can learn most types of damaging moves, with a whopping 15 out of 17, tying only with Octilerry and Lucario. The two types Togekiss is missing are Poison and Ice. Poison is useless anyway, and as for Ice, well, Icicle Plate does this:

"That pokémon's Hidden Power attack becomes ice-type for as long as the plate is in its possession."

So now you have a means of weaponizing the shit out of that Togepi in the future. Or in the present, if you'd rather have this over a Soothe Bell or a Shiny Stone.

... Which are stuff I could have bought, but eh, best not to make it harder for anybody else who may want to give you stuff.

I'll also offer a late (or on time, in Kratos's case) birthday something for my fellow Januaryers. Most of them in the first post seem to be inactive now (or have changed their names) but I know Kratos and Mawile and Lucas755 and whatever Brock's changed its name to now (Hidan? Or I think there was another change since then) for sure are around.

Exp. Share, please~

And for Kratos: a muscle band; for Jack: a shiny stone.

Well, Jack_the_PumpkinKing, I'm getting you an Icicle Plate.

I know, it doesn't look so useful considering you have no Ice-types. But, well, I bought this with something of a convoluted reason. See, I dunno whether this also applies to the pre-evolutions, but Togekiss is one of the Pokémon that can learn most types of damaging moves, with a whopping 15 out of 17, tying only with Octilerry and Lucario. The two types Togekiss is missing are Poison and Ice. Poison is useless anyway, and as for Ice, well, Icicle Plate does this:

"That pokémon's Hidden Power attack becomes ice-type for as long as the plate is in its possession."

So now you have a means of weaponizing the shit out of that Togepi in the future. Or in the present, if you'd rather have this over a Soothe Bell or a Shiny Stone.

:D

I've been looking for a way to signature-attribute-ize my Togepi into using Ice-type moves because I was stupid and wanted a Normal-type to represent Twinrova (fire/ice) and didn't bother looking at movepools before thinking WOW THAT'S AWESOME... but never really figured out a feasible way to trade out ice moves for something else in a sig.attribute! This rocks! Thanks!

---

EXP. Share for Mawile except it takes 3 days until I can pick it up and I will totally remember to do that except if I don't remind me 'k? longest run on sentence ever

Probably should get back to giving gifts as well.

In that light, Mawile can have $15 from me, and Jack_the_PumpkinKing can have a rare candy.

We've been missing the shit out of birthdays. If I'm not mistaken, the last one we gave gifts for was last September.

Let's see if I can revive the tradition. Offering a birthday anything for Kratos Aurion (if there is an anything that has not yet been lodged in that enormous profile), as well as a five days late anything for Jack_the_PumpkinKing and a four days late anything for Mawile.

Oh, sure. Eh... the only thing on my wishlist right now is a Shiny Stone, so if anyone wants to get me one, much appreciated.

Other than that, any plate or type enhancing item matching the type of the final forms of anything in my profile would be nice.

(And I may be being impolite a bit, but if anyone with mod capabilities wants to edit out some of the underscores stretching the page on this profile, I actually think I might like that better than an actual present.)

Thanks, you guys! If you guys wouldn't mind a few Isshunova vouchers (still looking for tepig, aaken and kurimugan), or maybe a metronome (item), wide lens or zoom lens, if those are easier on the wallet? Or just surprise me with something that's not a pokémon, I'm not that picky.

Exp. Share, please~

And for Kratos: a muscle band; for Jack: a shiny stone.

Thank you!

One anything for Mawile, Jack, Wargle and Lucas755, then. And I pretty much never check this place and never know about birthdays unless someone else takes the initiative to give a gift, but I will make a blanket statement of "if it's your birthday you can probably just VM me and tell me that you want a thing and I will probably get it for you".

Back
Top Bottom