• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take Pathos vs. Ampharos, and hope I don't do too badly.

EDIT: Battle time!

3v3 single
Style: Set
DQ Time: 6 days
Damage Cap: (round number + 25)%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, indirect healing, chills (5/team)
Arena: Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-Giga-Random Arena

At first glance, this looks like an ordinary office area. However, at the beginning of every round, a spinner will spin, determining the effects upon the arena.

Arena Changes:
- The arena will transform into the site of an exploding volcano, which has a river of lava flowing through the center about 5 feet wide. Pokémon with the ability Flash Fire will have it activated by stepping into the lava, and all other non-Fire-type Pokémon will take 5% Fire-type damage from going into the river. If a Pokémon is foolish enough to stay in the river, they will take 5% Fire-type damage every action. There are also rocks spewing from the volcano, with each Pokémon every action has a (round number + 5)% chance of hitting them, dealing (round number)% Rock-type damage.
- The arena will transform into a nuclear power plant. Each Pokémon every action has a (round number) chance of a radiation beam hitting them, dealing them (round number) random-type damage. In addition, because of this arena being inside a building, no weather moves are allowed, and moves that shake or disrupt the ground (eg. Magnitude, Dig, Earth Power) have a (base power - 20 + round number) chance of knocking over the reactors, dealing each Pokémon (round number + 25)% random-type damage and inflicting them with Toxic poisoning.
- The arena will transform into a dense jungle, where it is always (Rain Dance) raining. The flora here grows so abundantly that it obscures the combatant's vision, decreasing the accuracy of all moves by 20%. However, the area also gives off a strange aura, boosting the Special Attack of Grass-type Pokémon by one stage. Each Pokémon also has a (round number * 5)% chance each action of lightning hitting them, dealing (round number)% Electric-type damage.
- The arena will transform into a desert, with an oasis in the center of the arena. The oasis is about 3 feet deep - letting most Pokémon stand inside it if necessary - and is mostly circular, with a 10 foot diameter. Pokémon standing on the sand will take (round number)% Fire-type damage per action (but will not activate Flash Fire), and Pokémon that need air underwater will use up 3% energy per action to hold their breath.

The same arena cannot be chosen twice in a row.
Other: Only first-stage Pokémon can be used.

Have fun.

Last edited:
3v3 Single Battle
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
OHKO's, any moves causing mass destruction, water, electric, ground moves over 80 Power (To keep malfunctions from occurring), and healing moves are banned (3 Chills/Pokemon)
Arena: Pinball Field

Your classic Pinball game you'd find in an old arcade. Pokemon cannot break through the plastic ceiling, and trainers stand outside of the machine ordering their commands, assuming the Pokemon are able to hear them clearly.

At the start of each round, a pinball is launched and has a 10% chance of hitting either Pokemon, though if it does not, the pinball travels through the "flippers," not having any other effect. If a Pokemon is hit, the strike deals 5% Typeless Damage, and there is a 10% chance that Pokemon will flinch.

Pokemon are able to use the parts of the machine to their advantage (i.e. bouncing off a bumper) to increase the power of any physical attack by 1-2%, the choice belonging to the referee. The referee may also decide whether the action would truly power up an attack.

There is a 3% chance of a Pokemon getting a bonus each round, enhancing a random stat by 1. The maximum amount of bonuses that can be earned by one Pokemon is 2.

Additionally, any time a Pokemon defeats another, a bonus is awarded to them, having the same effect as said above. Max. amount of bonuses is the same.

Other: Pokemon cannot be returned, as the plastic has been somehow charmed by my wonderful Gardevoir to repel any return beam from a Poke Ball. This means that Teleporting outside of the machine will fail as well.
It's also flame-retardant, so all fire moves can be withstanded.
The Weather moves Rain Dance and Hail cannot be performed, as the covering will deflect them. Sunny Day can, however, due to it shining through. This means that moves involving the sky will not be able to be performed.
Usable Ground attacks will have minimal effect, usually dealing 1/4 their usual damage due to the lack of actual ground.
Moves that may cause mass destruction include Explosion, Selfdestruct, and strong attacks of the typings of water, electric, and ground (Earthquake, Hydro Pump, Thunder, etc.) are banned.
The referee watches the battle on the bonus board.

---

I think that's renovated now.

I think a rule for the ref should be to see who is and isn;t currently battling, and try to start reffing battles of those who currently aren't. Such as me vs Ampharos.

3v3 Single Battle
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
OHKO's, any moves causing mass destruction, water, electric, ground moves over 80 Power (To keep malfunctions from occurring), and healing moves are banned (3 Chills/Pokemon)
Arena: Pinball Field

Your classic Pinball game you'd find in an old arcade. Pokemon cannot break through the plastic ceiling, and trainers stand outside of the machine ordering their commands, assuming the Pokemon are able to hear them clearly.

At the start of each round, a pinball is launched and has a 10% chance of hitting either Pokemon, though if it does not, the pinball travels through the "flippers," not having any other effect. If a Pokemon is hit, the strike deals 5% Typeless Damage, and there is a 10% chance that Pokemon will flinch.

Pokemon are able to use the parts of the machine to their advantage (i.e. bouncing off a bumper) to increase the power of any physical attack by 1-2%, the choice belonging to the referee. The referee may also decide whether the action would truly power up an attack.

There is a 3% chance of a Pokemon getting a bonus each round, enhancing a random stat by 1. The maximum amount of bonuses that can be earned by one Pokemon is 2.

Additionally, any time a Pokemon defeats another, a bonus is awarded to them, having the same effect as said above. Max. amount of bonuses is the same.

Other: Pokemon cannot be returned, as the plastic has been somehow charmed by my wonderful Gardevoir to repel any return beam from a Poke Ball. This means that Teleporting outside of the machine will fail as well.
It's also flame-retardant, so all fire moves can be withstanded.
The Weather moves Rain Dance and Hail cannot be performed, as the covering will deflect them. Sunny Day can, however, due to it shining through. This means that moves involving the sky will not be able to be performed.
Usable Ground attacks will have minimal effect, usually dealing 1/4 their usual damage due to the lack of actual ground.
Moves that may cause mass destruction include Explosion, Selfdestruct, and strong attacks of the typings of water, electric, and ground (Earthquake, Hydro Pump, Thunder, etc.) are banned.
The referee watches the battle on the bonus board.

---

I think that's renovated now.

I accept this battle.
Sig moves

2vs2 double
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: A boat

A normal, cruise-ship-sized rowboat that is in the middle of the ocean. Oh, yeah, and it's about 50 miles away from Antarctica.

Other: Only not-fully-evolved Pokemon may be used

2vs2 double
Damage Cap: none
Arena: A boat

A normal, cruise-ship-sized rowboat that is in the middle of the ocean. Oh, yeah, and it's about 50 miles away from Antarctica.

Other: Only not-fully-evolved Pokemon may be used

I'll take this.

4 vs. 4 Double Battle
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, only 2 healing moves per Pokemon
Arena: Stadium of Elements

A very basic rectangular Pokemon arena inside an arena, with a dirt floor and an open roof. The only catch is every other round the arena will take on properties of one of the Pokemon types, boosting that types attack power by 2% damage (added after all other calculations). Each type has an equal chance of being selected, and a type can occur multiple times in a row. There are jets on every side of the field to spray things like fire, water, bolts of electricity, etc.

Please use my old profile, in my signature.

I think a rule for the ref should be to see who is and isn;t currently battling, and try to start reffing battles of those who currently aren't. Such as me vs Ampharos.

I think most refs do attempt to take inactive battlers where possible, though I can't really speak for anyone else; I, at the very least, try not to have more than one active battle involving the same person (which is mostly why I ended up not taking MF's battle, by the way, Arylett—I'm already reffing something else he's in). If refs aren't considering that sort of thing then they probably should be, but ultimately what a ref wants to ref is their prerogative. It would also be pretty cool if you could try not to subtly beg for refs in the middle of your suggestions, thanks.

...especially since both you and Ampharos are in active battles right now.

I'll take Pathos vs. Ampharos, and hope I don't do too badly.

EDIT: Battle time!

3v3 single
DQ Time: 6 days
Damage Cap: (round number + 25)%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, indirect healing, chills (5/team)
Arena: Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-Giga-Random Arena

At first glance, this looks like an ordinary office area. However, at the beginning of every round, a spinner will spin, determining the effects upon the arena.

Arena Changes:
- The arena will transform into the site of an exploding volcano, which has a river of lava flowing through the center about 5 feet wide. Pokémon with the ability Flash Fire will have it activated by stepping into the lava, and all other non-Fire-type Pokémon will take 5% Fire-type damage from going into the river. If a Pokémon is foolish enough to stay in the river, they will take 5% Fire-type damage every action. There are also rocks spewing from the volcano, with each Pokémon every action has a (round number + 5)% chance of hitting them, dealing (round number)% Rock-type damage.
- The arena will transform into a nuclear power plant. Each Pokémon every action has a (round number) chance of a radiation beam hitting them, dealing them (round number) random-type damage. In addition, because of this arena being inside a building, no weather moves are allowed, and moves that shake or disrupt the ground (eg. Magnitude, Dig, Earth Power) have a (base power - 20 + round number) chance of knocking over the reactors, dealing each Pokémon (round number + 25)% random-type damage and inflicting them with Toxic poisoning.
- The arena will transform into a dense jungle, where it is always (Rain Dance) raining. The flora here grows so abundantly that it obscures the combatant's vision, decreasing the accuracy of all moves by 20%. However, the area also gives off a strange aura, boosting the Special Attack of Grass-type Pokémon by one stage. Each Pokémon also has a (round number * 5)% chance each action of lightning hitting them, dealing (round number)% Electric-type damage.
- The arena will transform into a desert, with an oasis in the center of the arena. The oasis is about 3 feet deep - letting most Pokémon stand inside it if necessary - and is mostly circular, with a 10 foot diameter. Pokémon standing on the sand will take (round number)% Fire-type damage per action (but will not activate Flash Fire), and Pokémon that need air underwater will use up 3% energy per action to hold their breath.

The same arena cannot be chosen twice in a row.
Other: Only first-stage Pokémon can be used.

Have fun.

^ Is this request still open? if so, i'd like to accept it.

Did anyone ref Mawile vs Glace yet before I take it? :| What about Eon Spirit vs Ampharos or Phantom vs Superbird?

Also, who is this battle supposed to be against?

EDIT: and here is a challenge of my own

2vs2 double
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 50%
Arena: Chernobyl

Set in the city of (wait for it) Chernobyl, the arena is a complete disaster zone. Nothing has been touched for years and wilderness has taken over. Image of what the place looks like.

Every action there is a 10% chance any pokemon in the battle will become poisoned by radiation. If they are already poisoned, there is a 10% chance it will increase in severity. If it doesn't increase in severity, it can fade like normal (according to the ref/RNG). Obviously, poison and steel types are immune to this.

Last edited:
No, that was the other one. That one's been accepted by Zapi and hasn't been taken by a referee yet. (I don't know why RK tried to accept two of my challenges, but he was at his challenge limit.)

EDIT: and here is a challenge of my own

2vs2 double
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 50%
Arena: Chernobyl

Set in the city of (wait for it) Chernobyl, the arena is a complete disaster zone. Nothing has been touched for years and wilderness has taken over. Image of what the place looks like.

Every action there is a 10% chance any pokemon in the battle will become poisoned by radiation. If they are already poisoned, there is a 10% chance it will increase in severity. If it doesn't increase in severity, it can fade like normal (according to the ref/RNG). Obviously, poison and steel types are immune to this.

I'll take that.

2vs2 Single
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Weather effects, Attract, Chills 5/Pokemon
Arena: Black Lotus Mausoleum

The Black Lotus Mausoleum is a vast area, easily large enough to fit several Wailord from end to end. It has a high vaulted ceiling, and is carved entirely from black marble. The ceiling his held up by several pillars carved like black dragons, and the walls are engraved with intricate but seemingly random shapes. There is a huge door in the farthest wall, but it is shut firmly, and impossible to destroy or open. It is flanked by twin dragon statues with their mouths wide open.

As the arena is inside, weather effects do not work. The Mausoleum seems oddly resistant to damage, and to repair itself of any harm in the last action of each round. The walls and ceiling cannot be collapsed, and the floor will take 5% extra energy to dig through.

If a battler gets too close to the twin dragons guarding the door, they will spew forth a torrent of Dark-type energy, dealing 5% damage to any within 3 feet of the door.

2vs2 Single
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Weather effects, Attract, Chills 5/Pokemon
Arena: Black Lotus Mausoleum

The Black Lotus Mausoleum is a vast area, easily large enough to fit several Wailord from end to end. It has a high vaulted ceiling, and is carved entirely from black marble. The ceiling his held up by several pillars carved like black dragons, and the walls are engraved with intricate but seemingly random shapes. There is a huge door in the farthest wall, but it is shut firmly, and impossible to destroy or open. It is flanked by twin dragon statues with their mouths wide open.

As the arena is inside, weather effects do not work. The Mausoleum seems oddly resistant to damage, and to repair itself of any harm in the last action of each round. The walls and ceiling cannot be collapsed, and the floor will take 5% extra energy to dig through.

If a battler gets too close to the twin dragons guarding the door, they will spew forth a torrent of Dark-type energy, dealing 5% damage to any within 3 feet of the door.

Taking this and this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom