• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
A battle for my forbidden liver Mai <3

3vs3 single
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, suicide moves, direct healing (3 Chills/Pokemon)
Arena: Silver "Cupcakes" Platter

A platter placed on a table in Sugarcube Corner's basement. It cannot be dug into and does not rust. The stage itself is nothing out of the ordinary.

However, each round Pinkie Pie will arrive and feed each Pokemon a cupcake specifically made from a certain pony. Specific afflictions and boosts are received based on what pony the cupcake was made out of. Each cupcake can only be served once, and the effects of them only last for that round. The list of the cupcakes and their effects are listed:

Twilight: Will inflict a STAB psychic attack on the person who eats it.

Applejack: Each pokemon will gain +1 attack and +1 defense because bulkiness.

Rarity: Will heal 5% health and energy with generosity.

Rainbow Dash: Each pokemon will gain +3 speed.

Fluttershy: Attack and special attack lowered -2 with status affects removed.

Celestia: Each pokemon will go God Tier and become their final stage.

Luna: It will become night. All weather will be removed and dark/ghost type moves will gain a STAB boost in addition to STAB.

Lyra: If Bon-Bon was eaten within two rounds then both pokemon will become attracted to each other.

DJ-PON3: Special attack and special defense will be raised by +1 because of coolness.

Bon-Bon: If Lyra was eaten within two rounds then both pokemon will become attracted to each other.

Derpy: Each pokemon becomes confused.

Baked bads: Each pokemon will lose 5% health and 5% energy.

Big Macintosh: Each pokemon will lose -3 speed because he's slow, but they wikl also gain +2 attack because of his bulk.

Trixie: Each pokemon will gain +3 in every stat, but be inflicted with confusion, burn, and paralysis.

If the battle lasts through every possible cupcake, Pinkie Pie will come in every round and inflict 10% damage on every Pokemon until there is a victor.

Other: Nothing.

... Liver? xD

Accepting~!

Well this will be my first battle so I want to make it simple so I can get the hang of doing it in the first place:

1vs1
Um, not sure if I need to specify set since it's 1 on 1...
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct recovery moves.
Field: Simple, just a small clearing in the middle of the forest, with a little pond in the right side of the clearing.

I will battle you.

One more, one more~

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
Damage Cap: 38%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct recovery
Arena: Final Destination

no items, Fox only

A decently stage floating through space, passing through places that make pretty backgrounds. A pool the size of a wading pool has been installed under the main stage for this battle, though it's inaccessible. There's vents surrounding the stage where water can be drawn up from the pool for attacks.

Notes: The effects of held items are ignored. because no items geddit No fully evolved Pokemon; second stage Pokemon in a three stage line are fine.

A battle for my forbidden liver Mai <3

3vs3 single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, suicide moves, direct healing (3 Chills/Pokemon)
Arena: Silver "Cupcakes" Platter

A platter placed on a table in Sugarcube Corner's basement. It cannot be dug into and does not rust. The stage itself is nothing out of the ordinary.

However, each round Pinkie Pie will arrive and feed each Pokemon a cupcake specifically made from a certain pony. Specific afflictions and boosts are received based on what pony the cupcake was made out of. Each cupcake can only be served once, and the effects of them only last for that round. The list of the cupcakes and their effects are listed:

Twilight: Will inflict a STAB psychic attack on the person who eats it.

Applejack: Each pokemon will gain +1 attack and +1 defense because bulkiness.

Rarity: Will heal 5% health and energy with generosity.

Rainbow Dash: Each pokemon will gain +3 speed.

Fluttershy: Attack and special attack lowered -2 with status affects removed.

Celestia: Each pokemon will go God Tier and become their final stage.

Luna: It will become night. All weather will be removed and dark/ghost type moves will gain a STAB boost in addition to STAB.

Lyra: If Bon-Bon was eaten within two rounds then both pokemon will become attracted to each other.

DJ-PON3: Special attack and special defense will be raised by +1 because of coolness.

Bon-Bon: If Lyra was eaten within two rounds then both pokemon will become attracted to each other.

Derpy: Each pokemon becomes confused.

Baked bads: Each pokemon will lose 5% health and 5% energy.

Big Macintosh: Each pokemon will lose -3 speed because he's slow, but they wikl also gain +2 attack because of his bulk.

Trixie: Each pokemon will gain +3 in every stat, but be inflicted with confusion, burn, and paralysis.

If the battle lasts through every possible cupcake, Pinkie Pie will come in every round and inflict 10% damage on every Pokemon until there is a victor.

Other: Nothing.
... Liver? xD

Accepting~!

You know what, I'm going to ref this right now. Thread in a sec.

One more, one more~

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
Damage Cap: 38%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct recovery
Arena: Final Destination

no items, Fox only

A decently stage floating through space, passing through places that make pretty backgrounds. A pool the size of a wading pool has been installed under the main stage for this battle, though it's inaccessible. There's vents surrounding the stage where water can be drawn up from the pool for attacks.

Notes: The effects of held items are ignored. because no items geddit No fully evolved Pokemon; second stage Pokemon in a three stage line are fine.

We never really got to battle each other, did we?

Taking :3

New Battle by me:

3&3 VS. 3&3 (teams randomly chosen by ref and each trainer uses 1 Pokemon)
DQ: 1 week
Style: Set
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKO, Weather Affecting, Healing, Dig, EarthMoving (such as earthquake), and any that need an outside water source.
Field: Waverly Hills Sanotorium
A long abondended tubercolosis hospital in Louisville, Kentucky. With multiple floors believed to be haunted, the Pokemon are even frightend when the nurse who commited suicide shows up. No matter how strong the Pokemon, he will become fightened when he enters. Abilities such as Intimidate will have no effect. After every round each Pokemon gets the chance to:
Get poisened- 20% chance (works like Toxic)
Fall asleep and have Nightmares- 15% chance
Trip- 5% chance (1 damage)
Get spooked by a ghost- 5% chance (works like Fake Out)
Enters a cold spot- 5% chance (20% of freezing the Pokemon for the next 2 turns)
Nothing- 50% chance

Other info: No Pokemon over 6 ft. or 200 lbs. may enter.

I would like to accept this challenge :)

If I have done this preposterously wrong, somebody correct me. :)

3vs3 single
DQ: Five Days
Banned Moves: OHKOs and direct recovery moves
Arena: Generic Meadows

Ahh, Generic Meadows... where the surroundings are lush, green and suitably nondescript. A rolling green plain replete with a pond large enough to comfortably contain a Wailord. There are no trees, no shrubs and no chance of anything unique or original being found here. ;)

If I have done this preposterously wrong, somebody correct me. :)

3vs3 single
DQ: Five Days
Banned Moves: OHKOs and direct recovery moves
Arena: Generic Meadows

Ahh, Generic Meadows... where the surroundings are lush, green and suitably nondescript. A rolling green plain replete with a pond large enough to comfortably contain a Wailord. There are no trees, no shrubs and no chance of anything unique or original being found here. ;)

Sounds like a perfectly fine challenge to me. I'll take you on, if you like.

The following battles are being removed from the board due to lack of interest:

Cap'n Sofa vs Bgreymon
Wargle vs SomeGuy
zeKieranator vs Cypher
Dapper Deathclaw vs JazzyJess
Mendatt vs Rizadon vs Lirris vs Sizz-Lorr

Also, I realized that I completely misread Timeline4All's challenge and it's a multi-person melee rather than a normal 3vs3 single, so this battle is getting sent back to "open challenges":

Timeline4All vs BLABO

Finally, I'm picking up the following:

jaketiger1116 vs Timeline4All
Belgrade vs ole_schooler
Light Yagami vs Whirlpool

Taking Lirris vs Summergale, because SG has been really cool with reffing lately, and she hasn't had a match yet as far as I know. (Hopefully this will not leave me too tied up for future tournament battles...)

My first challenge! Hopefully I haven't gotten anything disastrously wrong.

3vs3 single
DQ time: 4 Days
Damage cap: 35%
Banned moves: OHKOs, direct recovery moves, suicide moves, weather moves
Arena: Asphodel Fields

Just a quiet grassy meadow … though perhaps too quiet. Maybe it’s the way the breeze rustles the grass, or the thick blanket of stone-gray clouds overhead that stubbornly refuses to change. Whatever it is, it’s got the Pokemon on edge, and for good reason: at the end of every round, each Pokemon is assaulted with an arcane, eerie whispering that deal 2% untyped damage, which is somehow completely unavoidable. There’s a river flowing nearby, providing water for moves such as Surf.

Other: No fully evolved or single stage Pokemon (e.g. Absol)

My first challenge! Hopefully I haven't gotten anything disastrously wrong.

3vs3 single
DQ time: 4 Days
Damage cap: 35%
Banned moves: OHKOs, direct recovery moves, suicide moves, weather moves
Arena: Asphodel Fields

Just a quiet grassy meadow … though perhaps too quiet. Maybe it’s the way the breeze rustles the grass, or the thick blanket of stone-gray clouds overhead that stubbornly refuses to change. Whatever it is, it’s got the Pokemon on edge, and for good reason: at the end of every round, each Pokemon is assaulted with an arcane, eerie whispering that deal 2% untyped damage, which is somehow completely unavoidable. There’s a river flowing nearby, providing water for moves such as Surf.

Other: No fully evolved or single stage Pokemon (e.g. Absol)

Seems fine to me! Count me in.

Okay. I'm going to ref Totodile vs Littlestream. And what I'm going to do, since I'm normally a very slow ref, is this: if the fourth day comes and I don't have it done yet, I'll churn out something good enough and post it no matter how much my pride protests. Hopefully that'll help me get over some of the perfectionism and other such hangups slowing me down in the first place.

EDIT: Thread up! (It was up a while ago, but the server was too busy to let me edit this post.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom