• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are your religious beliefs?

What are your religious beliefs?

• Catholicism

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Protestantism

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Orthodoxy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-Protestant Reformed Christian

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Sunni Islam

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Shi'ite/Shia Islam

• Theravada Buddhism

• Mahayana Buddhism

• Zen/Tendai Buddhism

• Hinduism

• Sikhism

• Wicca

• Other Neopagan

• Judaism

• Atheist

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • None/don't know

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
Re: What religion do you adhere to?

As far as God is concerned, I believe there maybe a god, and if there is, I don't believe in it personally.

But this is why we have a thread titled 'Religion' in the Debating Hall.

I was born a Shia Muslim and I shall always remain so.

And no I am not a terrorist.

Agnosticism is only a lack of belief that it is possible to know whether or not (n.b. "or not") a god exists, whether anything we observe is real, etc (though usually the former.) It is not a belief, even vague, in a god. I suppose it could go alongside one. though it wouldn't make any sense to believe something at the same time as believing that nobody can know.

Atheism is only a lack of belief in a god. It is not the rejection of the idea of a god or religion, though they can, and often do, go alongside each other. It is not the admission of a god's existence and subsequent rejection or denial; that would make even less sense and I'm not sure where in the world anyone got that idea.

If you don't care, you're an atheist: even if you don't actively identify as one, you're not believing in a deity, and you're not believing that it's impossible to know.

"None" is dumb, vague, and almost definitely redundant; I'm guessing that it either means passive atheism or agnosticism.

I am an atheist and antitheist (which is to say that I am against religion and the idea of a god; it does not mean that I am against an actual god: after all, there isn't one.)

EDIT: To make this perfectly clear (because I forgot to and Furret pointed it out): atheism is not a religion. It is a defined lack of everything that makes a religion a religion.

Last edited:

EDIT: To make this perfectly clear (because I forgot to and Furret pointed it out): atheism is not a religion. It is a defined lack of everything that makes a religion a religion.

You're right. However, there's got to be a choice for atheists lest the get all uppity about it, no offence.

I figured. I meant that bit more as a response to people deciding to classify atheism as a religion. (It just... isn't. One can't decide to redefine it.)

Edited the title so it makes more sense.

Atheist, and wishing to emphasise everything Zhorken said.

Why does it annoy you, Ambipom? Surely people should have a right to believe/not believe in anything they want?

Catholic.

Seriously the amount of atheists on these forum annoys me
And the amount of religion on the forums annoys me, despite them being outnumbered 10 to 1 :3
How can you say the amount of atheists annoys you. Your entire religion is practically based off preaching about tolerance, yet you clearly show a lack of it for those who directly oppose your belief. Real smooth :0

Back
Top Bottom