• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

also, I've got a signature attribute, too

[Pirrk] slowpoke (F)
Ability: Own Tempo
SA: Dual-Minded

Pirrk is, like the rest of her kind, rather slow minded. She moves slow, she eats slow, she breathes slow, she even sleeps slow; but she does have a special trait that no other slowpoke has. She simply had a birth defect; she was born with two brains. While it doesn't exactly bolster her processing power, she does have improved reflexes and response time, as opposed to other slowpoke.

Most of the time during battle/other competition, one brain is focused on the battle, and the other is often thinking about different things; how her day went, or what exactly did that cloud look like? During this time, there are no special effects applied to Pirrk's behavior at all; she acts like a normal slowpoke would. However, after taking moderate to heavy damage (ref's call, although I would say somewhere around 40%), Pirrk's other brain begins to realize she's in a battle.

When both of Pirrk's brains are focused on a battle, her response time rises quickly. All opponent's attacks that she can see coming have their accuracy lowered slightly (approximately as much as Sand-Attack lowers; technically, if a move misses due to the accuracy lowering, then Pirrk "evades" the move. I don't know if ASB uses the Evasion stat, so I figure a reduction in Accuracy could as well do the same thing.). Also, because her two brains are working together, moving the body becomes a much simpler task; her Speed gains a +1 boost. During this time, any other boosts (besides the Speed boost from this effect) work twice as well; she gets double the normal boost. Unfortunately, the same applies for negative boosts. (i.e. If Pirrk uses Curse while she is focused, she will gain +2 in Attack and Defense but -2 in Speed). Finally, the brains allow her to analyze her opponent to an extreme degree: if she spends an action "analyzing" the opponent, all moves used afterward move up a critical domain. ("Analyze" may only be used once per each focused period).

But, just as often as Pirrk's brains are focused, they can be unfocused, as well. Pirrk cannot become unfocused unless she is in her focused form first. Flinching, obtaining a Burn status, taking a critical hit, taking heavy damage in one round (defined by ref, again), or otherwise being distracted from the battle (i.e. Attract, etc.) will force Pirrk to become unfocused. Sleep and Paralyze statuses will only return Pirrk to having one brain focused on the battle.

While Pirrk is unfocused, she immediately becomes confused (ignoring all effects that block that status, including Own Tempo and Safeguard). Pirrk's two minds are no longer in sync, causing her to have extreme difficulty moving her limbs (a -1 boost in Speed), and also making her a large target (+5% increase in Accuracy for the opponent for all attacks aimed at Pirrk). If Pirrk is put to sleep while unfocused, Pirrk will return to having one brain focused on the battle. Also, after 6-9 actions (random) of being unfocused, Pirrk will return to only one functional brain.

For Pirrk, using the move "Focus Energy" has a special effect; instead of its normal effect, Pirrk will use one of the following effects, depending on what state she is in:

Focused: No effect
One-brain: Becomes Focused
Unfocused: Becomes One-brain

"Focus Energy" can only be used once per round; Pirrk may not go from Unfocused to Focused in consecutive rounds (meaning, Pirrk may not use Focus Energy in consective rounds). Focus Energy also requires slightly more energy for Pirrk to use.

It's kinda long, huh? XD

I'm pretty sure I covered all of my bases on that one, but I kinda wrote it on a whim, so if you spot anything that seems off, please tell me. Thanks, guys.

First, to clarify, yes, evasion is used in ASB. If you'd like to change the focused effect to account for that instead of accuracy, you can (and probably should). A quick summary of the effects afterward would also be helpful (the "effects" section mentioned in the sig mod rules).

Anyway, as for the overall modification, it's all right. The one thing that really bothers me is the doubling of stat effects; overall the sig is pretty balanced, but something about it strikes me as being a little... much. I'm toying with the idea of having you remove that effect and then maybe adding it back in if you'd like to alter the mod when Pirrk evolves (assuming she evolves into a Slowbro; if she were to become a Slowking then I imagine this would be drastically different). But I'm not sure if it really is too much or it's just me. I guess I'd like to know what Negrek thinks before I go ahead and approve it as-is or ask you to make a change like that.

[Shino] Nincada [Male]
[Compoundeyes]

Exp: 3/3
Finished Battles: vs. Kindling Queen vs. Gakidou

To...

[Shino] Ninjask [Male]
[Speed Boost]

And...

[Husk] Shedinja [x]
[Wonder Guard]

Bank Link.

Approved.

The Union is proud of both making a discovery of a new species (one powerful enough to assist us in world domination) and of adding a new member to our ranks.

Thus, we'd like to claim our free Sheebit, with the approval of these people.

[Sarae] Sheebit [F]
[Inner Focus]
Body mod: Fleetfoot

Sarae was born in captivity to an illegal Pokemon breeder, and was labeled as a breeding female. In order to prevent her from hurting her fellows, the tips of her horns were clipped and capped with a blunt metal tip. But Sarae was smart, and she wasn't planning to stay trapped in the breeder's prison forever, so she learned to adapt so she could fight without her horns. So she trained her legs, practicing by running around the enclosure area and kicking the wall and toys and probably her littermates, too. Through all the training, her legs grew extremely well-muscled, as well as being slightly longer than those of most Sheebit. When the Union came to liberate her, she took off like a bullet the moment a hole was torn in a wall, her superior legs making her speedy, and she fought off the enemy with kicks.

Because of her blunted horns, slashing, goring, scratching, or stabbing attacks have their power reduced sharply-- by half at least. Attacks that are reduced are Slash, Horn Attack, and any attempt to scratch. She also cannot use horn drill.

Because of her extra-strong legs, however, every attack she uses that involves kicking (Double Kick, Low Kick, Mega Kick, etc.) does an additional one damage (ie, +10 base power) before all other calculations. She also has a permanent +1 speed.

Astral

I agree with Kratos Aurion that you should leave out the "simple" ability effect and add that in upon evolution if you would like. I also wonder why you state that when Pirrk becomes unfocused, her evasion is reduced because she "is a large target"--does loss of focus somehow actually make her bigger? Maybe you meant "easy target?"

The Union is proud of both making a discovery of a new species (one powerful enough to assist us in world domination) and of adding a new member to our ranks.

Thus, we'd like to claim our free Sheebit, with the approval of these people.

[Sarae] Sheebit [F]
[Inner Focus]
Body mod: Fleetfoot

Sarae was born in captivity to an illegal Pokemon breeder, and was labeled as a breeding female. In order to prevent her from hurting her fellows, the tips of her horns were clipped and capped with a blunt metal tip. But Sarae was smart, and she wasn't planning to stay trapped in the breeder's prison forever, so she learned to adapt so she could fight without her horns. So she trained her legs, practicing by running around the enclosure area and kicking the wall and toys and probably her littermates, too. Through all the training, her legs grew extremely well-muscled, as well as being slightly longer than those of most Sheebit. When the Union came to liberate her, she took off like a bullet the moment a hole was torn in a wall, her superior legs making her speedy, and she fought off the enemy with kicks.

Because of her blunted horns, slashing, goring, scratching, or stabbing attacks have their power reduced sharply-- by half at least. Attacks that are reduced are Slash, Horn Attack, and any attempt to scratch. She also cannot use horn drill.

Because of her extra-strong legs, however, every attack she uses that involves kicking (Double Kick, Low Kick, Mega Kick, etc.) does an additional one damage (ie, +10 base power) before all other calculations. She also has a permanent +1 speed.
Approved, although it may just be simpler/better to say that her kicking attacks have an extra 10 base power, as this won't always translate into one damage for all referees.

Get:

[ed'Rashtekaresket] Carvanha [M]
[Rough Skin]

[Rose] Eevee [F]
[Adaptability]

Link

First, to clarify, yes, evasion is used in ASB. If you'd like to change the focused effect to account for that instead of accuracy, you can (and probably should). A quick summary of the effects afterward would also be helpful (the "effects" section mentioned in the sig mod rules).

Anyway, as for the overall modification, it's all right. The one thing that really bothers me is the doubling of stat effects; overall the sig is pretty balanced, but something about it strikes me as being a little... much. I'm toying with the idea of having you remove that effect and then maybe adding it back in if you'd like to alter the mod when Pirrk evolves (assuming she evolves into a Slowbro; if she were to become a Slowking then I imagine this would be drastically different). But I'm not sure if it really is too much or it's just me. I guess I'd like to know what Negrek thinks before I go ahead and approve it as-is or ask you to make a change like that.

Astral

I agree with Kratos Aurion that you should leave out the "simple" ability effect and add that in upon evolution if you would like. I also wonder why you state that when Pirrk becomes unfocused, her evasion is reduced because she "is a large target"--does loss of focus somehow actually make her bigger? Maybe you meant "easy target?"

Yeah. The simple effect was a bit of an afterthought; it did seem a bit too much. I did mean "easy target".. I probably just used the wrong words, which I do sometimes. D;

Anyways..

[Pirrk] slowpoke (F)

Pirrk is, like the rest of her kind, rather slow minded. She moves slow, she eats slow, she breathes slow, she even sleeps slow; but she does have a special trait that no other slowpoke has. She simply had a birth defect; she was born with two brains. While it doesn't exactly bolster her processing power, she does have improved reflexes and response time, as opposed to other slowpoke.

Most of the time during battle/other competition, one brain is focused on the battle, and the other is often thinking about different things; how her day went, or what exactly did that cloud look like? During this time, there are no special effects applied to Pirrk's behavior at all; she acts like a normal slowpoke would. However, after taking moderate to heavy damage (ref's call, although I would say somewhere around 40%), Pirrk's other brain begins to realize she's in a battle.

When both of Pirrk's brains are focused on a battle, her response time rises quickly. If Pirrk can see an attack coming, her Evasion against that attack increases by 5%. Attacks that she cannot see do not give her an Evasion boost. Also, because her two brains are working together, moving the body becomes a much simpler task; her Speed gains a +1 boost. Finally, the brains allow her to analyze her opponent to an extreme degree: if she spends an action "analyzing" the opponent, all moves used afterward move up a critical domain. ("Analyze" may only be used once per each focused period).

But, just as often as Pirrk's brains are focused, they can be unfocused, as well. Pirrk cannot become unfocused unless she is in her focused form first. Flinching, obtaining a Burn status, taking a critical hit, taking heavy damage in one round (defined by ref, again), or otherwise being distracted from the battle (i.e. Attract, etc.) will force Pirrk to become unfocused. Sleep and Paralyze statuses will only return Pirrk to having one brain focused on the battle.

While Pirrk is unfocused, she immediately becomes confused (ignoring all effects that block that status, including Own Tempo and Safeguard). Pirrk's two minds are no longer in sync, causing her to have extreme difficulty moving her limbs (a -1 boost in Speed), and also making her an easy target (+5% increase in Accuracy for the opponent for all attacks aimed at Pirrk). If Pirrk is put to sleep while unfocused, Pirrk will return to having one brain focused on the battle. Also, after 6-9 actions (random) of being unfocused, Pirrk will return to only one functional brain.

For Pirrk, using the move "Focus Energy" has a special effect; instead of its normal effect, Pirrk will use one of the following effects, depending on what state she is in:

"Focus Energy" can only be used once per round; Pirrk may not go from Unfocused to Focused in consecutive rounds (meaning, Pirrk may not use Focus Energy in consective rounds). Focus Energy also requires slightly more energy for Pirrk to use.

Effects: Pirrk gains the ability to switch between three stages: Focused, One-brain, and Unfocused. Switching between each form is described above; effects of each form are simplified below.

Focused: gains slight (5%) Evasion to an attack she can see coming, permanent +1 Speed boost while she is Focused, and ability to use "Analyze" as an attack
One-brain: acts as a normal slowpoke
Unfocused: becomes Confused (lasts as long as she is Unfocused), a -1 Speed boost while she is Unfocused, and becomes an easy target (+5% in Accuracy for all attacks used directly at her)

Yeah. The simple effect was a bit of an afterthought; it did seem a bit too much. I did mean "easy target".. I probably just used the wrong words, which I do sometimes. D;

Anyways..

[Pirrk] slowpoke (F)

When both of Pirrk's brains are focused on a battle, her response time rises quickly. If Pirrk can see an attack coming, her Evasion against that attack increases by 5%. Attacks that she cannot see do not give her an Evasion boost. Also, because her two brains are working together, moving the body becomes a much simpler task; her Speed gains a +1 boost. Finally, the brains allow her to analyze her opponent to an extreme degree: if she spends an action "analyzing" the opponent, all moves used afterward move up a critical domain. ("Analyze" may only be used once per each focused period).

While Pirrk is unfocused, she immediately becomes confused (ignoring all effects that block that status, including Own Tempo and Safeguard). Pirrk's two minds are no longer in sync, causing her to have extreme difficulty moving her limbs (a -1 boost in Speed), and also making her an easy target (+5% increase in Accuracy for the opponent for all attacks aimed at Pirrk). If Pirrk is put to sleep while unfocused, Pirrk will return to having one brain focused on the battle. Also, after 6-9 actions (random) of being unfocused, Pirrk will return to only one functional brain.

Effects: Pirrk gains the ability to switch between three stages: Focused, One-brain, and Unfocused. Switching between each form is described above; effects of each form are simplified below.

Focused: gains slight (5%) Evasion to an attack she can see coming, permanent +1 Speed boost while she is Focused, and ability to use "Analyze" as an attack
One-brain: acts as a normal slowpoke
Unfocused: becomes Confused (lasts as long as she is Unfocused), a -1 Speed boost while she is Unfocused, and becomes an easy target (+5% in Accuracy for all attacks used directly at her)
Approved.

Adding a sig move to my Persian~

[Edward] Persian (M)
Ability: Technician
Signature Attribute: Right Arm of Steel
Received: Teleporter

Signature Move: Bloodstained Hurricane

In his younger days, Edward was gifted with something called 'The Dragon's Blood', which grated him greater skill with manipulating his own blood as a weapon, and thus this attack was born.

To use it, Edward gathers all the damage that has been inflicted on him over the course of the battle and channels it into the Dragon's Blood that rushes though his veins. The blood takes on the form of hundreds of tiny razor-sharp blades of blood that he then sends to the target. The more health he has missing, the more it does, as there is more blood able to reach the target.

Edward can even sustain the attack at the cost of some of his own health and energy. When sustained, the attack takes the form of a good-sized dragon-like creature that then latches onto the target, sapping their health.

When the effects of the attack linger, Edward becomes more aggressive, so his attack rises slightly.

Type: Normal / Stat: ATK / Base Damage: Varies / Accuracy: 95% / Target: Single Target / Energy: Varies / Duration: Main Attack 1 action, sustain minor until dropped
Effects: Damage dealt is half the damage he has taken over the course of the battle, rounded up, and Energy is half that. If sustained, the attack inflicts 3% Damage/Action and Edward takes 1% Damage & Energy per action sustained. He gains +1 ATK only for as long as the attack is sustained.
Usage Gap: 5 rounds after the attack ends

Oh man I hope that isn't too overpowered.

Can I have
[Blaze] Cyndaquil (M)

[Floony] Drifloon (M)
Ability: Aftermath

Discount on cyndaquil
means R3 + R4
$23

Link

Last edited:

Can I have
[Blaze] Cyndaquil (M)

[Floony] Drifloon (M)

Discount on cyndaquil
means R3 + R4
$23

Link

Can I have
[Blaze] Cyndaquil (M)

[Floony] Drifloon (M)

Discount on cyndaquil
means R3 + R4
$23

Link

There is no link in this post, and no new post in the bank thread. Try reposting both again, and keep the math straight this time, and then I can approve you.

Speaking of which, you don't have a registered team yet, so you can't make or accept challenges at this time. Wait until you're actually fully registered, and in the meantime I'd reread the rules to see what is meant by "your profile" in the context of ASB. It's nice that you're so eager to get started, but you're really jumping the gun here and are making avoidable little mistakes as a result.

Can I have
[Blaze] Cyndaquil (M)

[Floony] Drifloon (M)

Discount on cyndaquil
means R3 + R4
$23

Link

Don't know if this is too overpowered or not (really couldn't think of a drawback to the main effect) but I thought I'd post it up to see if it gets approved and if not, whether anybody had ideas for de-overpowering it...

---

Signature Attribute: Shock Resistance
[Barinade] Tentacool (F) <Liquid Ooze>

Barinade grew up in a colony of Tentacool living on Kanto’s Route 10, just outside the Power Plant. Electrical emissions from the Plant make their way into the river somewhat often, so the Water Pokemon living there have developed a tolerance to electricity. Barinade, in particular, relishes the vigor of being shocked, and actively sought the electricity. As her tolerance to electricity began to grow, she found that with practice, she could even channel it through her body to use some rudimentary Electric-type attacks.

Effects: Barinade’s tolerance to electricity lowers the super-effective modifier dealt to her by Electric-type attacks; the modifier drops to halfway between normal effectiveness and super effectiveness. (For example, on Negrek’s scale, the modifier would drop from 1.5 to 1.25. Barinade still suffers all secondary effects.) Additionally, if Barinade can make physical contact with a source of electricity (for example, open wires, or a friendly Electric-type Pokemon), she can use certain Electric-type moves: Charge Beam, Shock Wave, Thunder Wave, and Thundershock. However, to use these moves she suffers recoil damage equal to 1/4 of the damage done to the opponent (or, for non-damaging moves, 1/4 of the energy cost).

---

Barinade's approval
My profile

---

In case this gets through, I thought for the evolution upgrade to Tentacruel the SE modifier would completely get cancelled out, going from 1.5 (normal) to 1.25 (as a Tentacool) to 1 (as a Tentacruel). And that I might expand the moves available for the side effect. (Right now I pretty much have them at "all Electric moves 60 power or lower that are feasable for a squiddish thing to use plus Thunder Wave", so I thought maybe raise that to "80 power or lower"; that would add Discharge and Spark.) Would something like that be okay or too overpowered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom