• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Bank post.
Pick up post.

[Ruaig] Stunky (Male) <Stench>
Body mod: Stunky has taken a Levitation Course.
For pokemon that weigh up to 100 lbs (~45 kg), levitation will cost 2% energy per action to maintain. For pokemon between 101 lbs and 250 lbs (~113 kg) it will cost 3% per action to maintain, and for pokemon 251 lbs to 440 lbs (~200 kg), it will cost 4% energy to maintain levitation. Levitation enables pokemon to reach a height no greater than 2 m, and has the visual effect of being in a state with no gravitational pull towards the earth. Pokemon who undergo this training will be classified as Consensually Levitating Pokemon. This is a two-day course, and pokemon will need to be picked up before battle.
Fighting- or Bug-type pokemon will expend an extra 2% energy to levitate, as they have less affinity with psychic energy. Psychic-type pokemon will expend 1% less energy.

[Sylph] Buneary (F)
Ability: Run Away
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Brownie] Turtwig (M)
Ability: Overgrow
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Siusan] Horsea (F)
Ability: Swift Swim
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Flow] Ralts (M)
Ability: Synchronize
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

Should be 34 right?

Alrighty, I just got approved, so I'd like a dog Pokemon team, please!

Growlithe
[Donna] Growlithe (F)
Ability: Intimidate
Cost: $10

Houndour
[Angel] Houndour (M)
Ability: Flash Fire
Cost: $15

Poochyena
[Sabriel] Poochyena (F)
Cost: $5

Electrike
[Tomas] Electrike (M)
Ability: Static

Bank post is here

Last edited:

Bank post.
Pick up post.

[Ruaig] Stunky (Male) <Stench>
Body mod: Stunky has taken a Levitation Course.
For pokemon that weigh up to 100 lbs (~45 kg), levitation will cost 2% energy per action to maintain. For pokemon between 101 lbs and 250 lbs (~113 kg) it will cost 3% per action to maintain, and for pokemon 251 lbs to 440 lbs (~200 kg), it will cost 4% energy to maintain levitation. Levitation enables pokemon to reach a height no greater than 2 m, and has the visual effect of being in a state with no gravitational pull towards the earth. Pokemon who undergo this training will be classified as Consensually Levitating Pokemon. This is a two-day course, and pokemon will need to be picked up before battle.
Fighting- or Bug-type pokemon will expend an extra 2% energy to levitate, as they have less affinity with psychic energy. Psychic-type pokemon will expend 1% less energy.
Approved.

[Sylph] Buneary (F)
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Brownie] Turtwig (M)
Ability: Overgrow
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Siusan] Horsea (F)
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Flow] Ralts (M)
Ability: Synchronize
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

Should be 34 right?
Approved

Alrighty, I just got approved, so I'd like a dog Pokemon team, please!

Growlithe
[Donna] Growlithe (F)
Ability: Intimidate
Cost: $10

Houndour
[Angel] Houndour (M)
Ability: Flash Fire

Poochyena
[Sabriel] Poochyena (F)

Electrike
[Tomas] Electrike (M)

Bank post is here
...Well you threw me off at Poochyena for ~15 (note to self sleep some time) but I get what you meant, Approved~ P:

[Chase] Feebas (Male)
$5

[Rush] Ralts (Male)
Ability: Trace
$7

[Crystal] Ralts (Female)
$7

[Fondue] Squirtle (Female)
Ability: Torrent
$10

[Static] Mareep (Male)
$7

Total - $36
Bank post

Eh heh heh. Thanks for approving; posting to inform of editing the price of my Poochyena. ((Apologies if this is redundant; feel free to delete/tell me to delete this post.))

skullkitten-1.png

[Cranius] Skelitten (♂)
Ability: Pressure
Cost: $25

Spr_4h_167.png

[Arane] Spinarak (♀)
Ability: Swarm
Cost: $5

dusk-stone.png

Dusk Stone
10$

Bank Post

Last edited:

I think my post was accidentally missed D: *above ole_schooler's second post on this page*

Oops.

[Chase] Feebas (Male)
$5

[Rush] Ralts (Male)
$7

[Crystal] Ralts (Female)
$7

[Fondue] Squirtle (Female)
Ability: Torrent
$10

[Static] Mareep (Male)
$7

Total - $36
Bank post

Approved.

I would like to start my team with these Pokemon:

[Sky] Dratini (Female)
Move Mod: Flamethrower

[Aurora] Riolu (Female)
Body Mod: Steel
Move Mod: Aura Sphere

I would like to start my team with these Pokemon:

[Sky] Dratini (Female)
Move Mod: Flamethrower

[Aurora] Riolu (Female)
Body Mod: Steel
Move Mod: Aura Sphere

You're understanding the move modifications wrong. All Pokemon in ASB, by default, can access every move they can learn in-game, including NYC events or purification from Pokemon XD or tutoring or what have you. Move modifications, on the other hand, are completely new moves, usually quite different from any move you can find in-game, with a back story explaining how and why your Pokemon can use this move.

While it is possible to add another type via body mod, you still need an explanation to go along with it.You may want to check the sections about move mods and body mods in the ASB Rules. Additionally, it is not recommended that you try to get move and body mods approved for your starting team, as that slows the process. You can add mods at any time you like.

Also, you need to link your post to a bank post, showing that you have spent your money. Those two posts must link to one another.

*knocks as she enters* Hey...looking for some pokemon =)

Two Pichus and a Cubone - $30 altogether. One of the Pichu's is modded and yes, I am aware that it will delay the process. It's fine by me, I can be patient.

anarchypichu.png

[Anarchy] Pichu (Female)
Ability: Soundproof
Signature Attribute: DJ-Chu

Anarchy has been surrounded by sound all her life, being born, raised and eventually caught in an area known for it's festivals and raves. She discovered a pair of headphones with a built in mp3, lost by their owner during one of the festivals (I say lost, she found it in one of the tents and presumed it lost) and took it for her own. It didn’t take long for her to find out how it worked, after playing with her new toy and watching other humans wear a set of headphones.

Since obtaining them, she refuses to take them off. Seeing this, they’ve been modified to suit her. This creates a block between outside sounds and Anarchy’s ears, which softens noise and means that sound based attacks, which depend on clarity and volume, can’t break through to her ears. At least, not with enough power to cause damage. In battle her trainer gets around this by wearing a headset herself when using her, speaking directly into the headphones to tell her what to do. Her static ability is lost as the headphones absorb the excess electricity, which is used in her attack.

Effects: Replaces Static with Soundproof

Move Mod:

Name: Tempo Push
Type: Normal / Base Power (if any): 80 / Accuracy: 100%
Target: All
Class: Special
Stat: Special

Description:

Learning to use electricity as a Pichu usually results in multiple shocks and accidents as they learn to control their abilities. Not so much for Anarchy. The headphones absorbed the excess electricity, almost acting as a second store besides her cheeks (and robbing her of her Static ability. This also prevents the electricity stored from being used for other attacks, such as thundershock). Using this extra power, she amplifies the music from her headphones to release it in a blast.

The attack is strong as it uses stored power, rather than what Anarchy can generate on the spot. But this move breaks Anarchy’s Soundproof ability, as the sound is blasting from her headphones directly into her ear. As a result, she will always be deafened by using the attack, rendering her unable to hear commands. There’s a chance of also deafening her foe too. As the headphones rely on built up static collected by her headphones over they have a long build up time (four turns).

Effects: 20% chance of deafening foe for two to three turns, will always deafen Anarchy for two to three turns. When a foe is deafened, they have difficulty hearing commands, sound based attacks or opponents approaching.

Contest Type: UltraJam
Contest Score: +40, -20

-----

shocktailpichu.png

[Shocktail] Pichu (Male)

-----

cubone.jpg

[Shkan] Cubone (Male)
Ability: Rockhead

Last edited:

*knocks as she enters* Hey...looking for some pokemon =)

Two Pichus and a Cubone - $30 altogether. One of the Pichu's is modded and yes, I am aware that it will delay the process. It's fine by me, I can be patient.

anarchypichu.png

[Anarchy] Pichu (Female)
Signature Attribute:

Anarchy has been surrounded by sound all her life, being born, raised and eventually caught in an area known for it's festivals and raves. She discovered a pair of headphones with a built in mp3, lost by their owner during one of the festivals (I say lost, she found it in one of the tents and presumed it lost) and took it for her own. It didn’t take long for her to find out how it worked, after playing with her new toy and watching other humans wear a set of headphones.

Since obtaining them, she refuses to take them off. Seeing this, they’ve been modified to suit her. This creates a block between outside sounds and Anarchy’s ears, which softens noise and means that sound based attacks, which depend on clarity and volume, can’t break through to her ears. At least, not with enough power to cause damage. In battle her trainer gets around this by wearing a headset herself when using her, speaking directly into the headphones to tell her what to do. Her static ability is lost as the headphones absorb the excess electricity, which is used in her attack.

Move Mod:

Description:

Learning to use electricity as a Pichu usually results in multiple shocks and accidents as they learn to control their abilities. Not so much for Anarchy. The headphones absorbed the excess electricity, almost acting as a second store besides her cheeks (and robbing her of her Static ability. This also prevents the electricity stored from being used for other attacks, such as thundershock). Using this extra power, she amplifies the music from her headphones to release it in a blast.

The attack is strong as it uses stored power, rather than what Anarchy can generate on the spot. But this move breaks Anarchy’s Soundproof ability, as the sound is blasting from her headphones directly into her ear. As a result, she will always be deafened by using the attack, rendering her unable to hear commands. There’s a chance of also deafening her foe too. As the headphones rely on built up static collected by her headphones over they have a long build up time (four turns).

-----

shocktailpichu.png

[Shocktail] Pichu (Male)

-----

cubone.jpg

[Shkan] Cubone (Male)

Never, ever say "turns" in ASB. Rounds or actions.
You need to specify the probability of Tempo Push making an opponent deafened; "there is a chance" is useless to a referee.
If she's been temporarily deafened, then the loss of Soundproof through using this move seems a little illogical. I'd find another trade-off, like maybe recoil damage since the attack would cause significant ear pain. Or say that the music player malfunctions so there's nothing to block outside noise for however many turns.
For that matter if it's a blast of sound then other Soundproof-having Pokemon would probably block it. You may want to mention such.
Not sure if signature moves are eligible in contests; I've certainly never seen one with contest stats included. Oh well.
Fine other than that, so fix up those couple of points and it ought to be okay.

Last edited:

Two Pichus and a Cubone - $30 altogether.

anarchypichu.png

[Anarchy] Pichu (Female)

Move Mod:

Description:

The attack is strong as it uses stored power, rather than what Anarchy can generate on the spot. There’s a 20% chance of also deafening her foe too. As the headphones rely on built up static collected by her headphones over they have a long build up time (four actions). During this time, they malfunction and no longer provide Soundproof protection, leaving her open to sound based attack until they recharge.

Effects: Doesn't affect Pokemon with the Soundproof ability. Removes Anarchy's Soundproof ability for four actions as the headphones recharge. 20% chance of deafening foe for two to three actions. When a foe is deafened, they are effectively given the Soundproof ability and cannot understand verbal commands. If there is no other means of commanding the pokemon, they must act of their own accord until their hearing returns.

-----

shocktailpichu.png

[Shocktail] Pichu (Male)

-----

cubone.jpg

[Shkan] Cubone (Male)

Changes made. I put in the contest info since it was on the temple for these...ignore it if you so wish, I was just being careful.

Last edited:

Two Pichus and a Cubone - $30 altogether.

anarchypichu.png

[Anarchy] Pichu (Female)

Move Mod:

Description:

The attack is strong as it uses stored power, rather than what Anarchy can generate on the spot. There’s a 20% chance of also deafening her foe too. As the headphones rely on built up static collected by her headphones over they have a long build up time (four rounds). During this time, they malfunction and no longer provide Soundproof protection, leaving her open to sound based attack until they recharge.

Effects: Doesn't affect Pokemon with the Soundproof ability. Removes Anarchy's Soundproof ability for four rounds as the headphones recharge. 20% chance of deafening foe for two to three actions. When a foe is deafened, they are effectively given the Soundproof ability and cannot understand verbal commands. If there is no other means of commanding the pokemon, they must act of their own accord until their hearing returns.

-----

shocktailpichu.png

[Shocktail] Pichu (Male)

-----

cubone.jpg

[Shkan] Cubone (Male)

Changes made. I put in the contest info since it was on the temple for these...ignore it if you so wish, I was just being careful.

Looks alright now. Approved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom