• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blackthorne Steele vs Alraunne

Shadow Serenity

Lurking
Pronoun
He/Him
4vs4 double
Style: Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, destructive moves, 5 chills/Pokemon
Arena: Port Town Square

This quaint town by the sea has an old Italian feel. In the center of its residential area is a beautiful square of medium-large size, complete with a round fountain in its center. The square is enclosed by buildings of about three stories, mostly inns and apartments. There are streetlamps extending from the walls into the square and many windows with flowerboxes where birds like to perch. Residents will sometimes stop as they pass their window to watch the battle below, as light battles in he square are commonplace.

Other: Moves which involve direct contact with the ground (Dig, Ingrain, etc.) cost 5% more energy to use, due to the ground being beneath the paved and tiled square.
"Destructive moves" are restricted due to the public area, so as not to damage surrounding buildings too badly. Here, moves with the base power of 100 or higher are considered destructive.
Battle is restricted to the square- no running into the streets or the ocean!
Due to the limited size of the square, your two Pokemon cannot reach a combined height of over 30'.

Team Al
[Tock] Hoothoot ♂
Ability: Insomnia
Held item: Leftovers

[Boo] Haunter ♂
Ability: Levitate
Held Item: Lucky Egg

[Cinarum] Babyrake
Ability: Serene Grace
Held item: Leaf Stone

[Sully] Skelitten
Ability: Pressure
Held item: Dusk Stone

[Aucaman] Spraylet
Ability: Torrent

[Astrid] Alrunnik
Ability: Unaware
Held Item: Lucky Egg

[Eadgyth] Dragomelet
Ability: Solid Rock

[Anthy] Ivysaur ♀
Ability: Overgrow
Held item: Big Root

[Pála] Cubone ♀
Ability: Rock Head

[Silver] Riolu ♀
Ability: Inner Focus
Held Item: Soothe Bell

Team Steele
[Baseskor (Bass-esqe-score)] Trapinch (Female)
Ability: Hyper Cutter

[Rift] Gastly (F)
Signature attribute: Steel Armour
Signature move: Shadow Steel

[The Leviathan] Magikarp (M)
Ability: Swift Swim

[Deadly Mirror of Deadliness/Mirror] Bronzor (X)

[Carrie] Cyndaquil (F)
Ability: Blaze

[Slayer] Larvitar (M)
Ability: Guts
Holy Item: Leichi Berry

[Cascade] Snorunt (F)
Ability: Inner Focus
Hold Item: Dawn Stone

[Pervy Bunny] Buneary (F)
Ability: Run Away

[Namefail] Zigzagoon (F)
Ability: Pickup

RNG says:
-Steele sends out
-Al sends out and attacks
-Steele counterattacks
-I curse my net for going down every time I click a link ref.

Firstly, a question... Alraunne, the link to the Lucky Eggs of both Boo and Astrid go to two different pickup posts, but the original buying post is the same for them both. I'm pretty sure you can't attach a single item to two different pokemon, so who has the Lucky Egg? Also, I feel really stupid for having gone and manually typed/edited your team only to realize you'd done it for me on your profile. xD

Last edited:
Let's see...

Carrie, Slayer, you're up! *Throws*

And thanks, Shadow. :D You will be annointed with awesomesauce and become a god. :O

(Also, do moves with no set damage [i.e., Psywave, Water Spout] count as destructive?)

Last edited:
Aaa! Didn't notice this. D: Thanks for taking, Shadow~

Hm... I'll send out Astrid and Tock!

Astrid, start with Toxic on Carrie, but if she gets Protected then use Double Team instead for two clones. After that switch your focus to Slayer and hit him with a Rock Smash. If he uses Protect, use Helping Hand to assist Tock. For the final action, if Slayer used Protect in the last action slap him with a Disable. If he didn't, slam him with Iron Tail.

Tock, start off with Featherdancing Slayer. If he is Protected as well, do the same as Astrid and Double Team for two clones. After that switch your focus to Carrie and use Mud Slap. I dunno, take some dirt from someone's flowerbox or something. If she protects either of those times then just use Agility.

Astrid:
Toxic @ Carrie/Double Team (2 clones) ~ Rock Smash @ Slayer/Helping Hand @ Tock ~ Disable @ Slayer/Iron Tail @ Slayer

Tock:
Featherdance @ Slayer/Double Team(2 clones) ~ Mud Slap @ Carrie/Agility ~ Mud Slap @ Carrie/Agility

(oops, I fixed the Lucky Egg posts. They both have Lucky Eggs, I've bought two. I just quoted the wrong post when I was picking up the second one. The buying post for Astrid's lucky egg was right above the pickup post so I don't know how I managed to mess that up.

And, no I wouldn't think so Steele. Just don't use Water Spout under a roof or something. xP)

Last edited:
Well.

Pesky statusers and stat modifiers, eh?

Carrie, let's keep you away from the poison with a nice Substitute. We'll make a bit of trouble for Tock with our own Toxic. After those, go ahead and Flamethrower Astrid to a nice, smoldering crisp.

Slayer, we may have a problem. You'll be hit by Featherdance anyway, so make a Substitute of your own. Next, Swords Dance twice to make up for that lost attack.

We can take 'em, guys!

Carrie:

Substitute(15%)~Toxic@Tock~Flamethrower@Astrid

Slayer:

Substitute(15%)~Swords Dance~Swords Dance

(I just realized that my EBIL PLAN won't work, now. Stupid status effects.)

4vs4 double

This quaint town by the sea has an old Italian feel. In the center of its residential area is a beautiful square of medium-large size, complete with a round fountain in its center. The square is enclosed by buildings of about three stories, mostly inns and apartments. There are streetlamps extending from the walls into the square and many windows with flowerboxes where birds like to perch. Residents will sometimes stop as they pass their window to watch the battle below, as light battles in he square are commonplace.

Other: Moves which involve direct contact with the ground (Dig, Ingrain, etc.) cost 5% more energy to use, due to the ground being beneath the paved and tiled square.
"Destructive moves" are restricted due to the public area, so as not to damage surrounding buildings too badly. Here, moves with the base power of 100 or higher are considered destructive.
Due to the limited size of the square, your two Pokemon cannot reach a combined height of over 30'.

It’s quite a lovely day in the quiet little town. The sun shines brightly over the streets and the sound of the ocean can be heard lapping against the shores not far away. A few people gaze out their windows to the square below, where two trainers have met for a friendly battle. Blackthorne Steele sends out his two Pokémon first; one being a tiny pale green creature with a horn on its head, the other a small blue and yellow echidna that the battle’s referee recognizes as his gift to Steele. Alraunne considers them before choosing her own two Pokémon, the first a tiny owl with extremely small wings, the other a small brown mammal that reminds the ref of an Eevee. The Pokémon quickly assess the situation and the commands are given.

Team Al (OOOO)
x0ut87.jpg

[Astrid] Alrunnik (F)
Unaware Ability
Hold Item: Lucky Egg
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Toxic @ Carrie/Double Team (2 clones) ~ Rock Smash @ Slayer/Helping Hand @ Tock ~ Disable @ Slayer/Iron Tail @ Slayer
Status: Looking quite unconcerned with her opponents. Chills remaining: 5/5

Hoothoot
[Tock] Hoothoot (M)
Insomnia Ability
Hold Item: Leftovers
Commands: Featherdance @ Slayer/Double Team (2 clones) ~ Mud Slap @ Carrie/Agility ~ Mud Slap @ Carrie/Agility

Team Steele (OOOO)
Cyndaquil
[Carrie] Cyndaquil (F)
Blaze Ability
Commands: Substitute (15%) ~ Toxic @ Tock ~ Flamethrower @ Astrid

Larvitar
[Slayer] Larvitar (M)
Guts Ability
Hold Item: Liechi Berry
Commands: Substitute (15%) ~ Swords Dance ~ Swords Dance

Round 1

Carrie is the first Pokémon to react. She breathes out a tiny fireball in front of her, infused with her life energy, and the tiny fireball begins to take the shape to match its creator. Already confronted with a challenge, Astrid decides to test her newest opponent, feeling that a three-on-two matchup is unfair. The points her tail in Carrie’s direction and releases a gooey purple blob from a gland there, and flings the blob at Carrie. The fiery substitute steps in front of its master, though, and the poisonous goo splats all over it rather than Carrie. The poisonous toxins burn away as they rest harmlessly on the substitute’s outer body.

Meanwhile, Tock flies gently overhead and begins a strange aerial dance, causing feathers to rain down upon Slayer. The Larvitar looks up, puzzled, as many of the feathers cling to him. He feels strangely content as he sets up a substitute of his own, using a mysterious dark aura from inside him as the base. Like Carrie’s before him, Slayer’s new creation stands, ready to go, in front of its master.

Carrie eyes Tock as he settles back down on the ground. Imitating Astrid, Carrie spews a similar toxic blob at Tock. With nothing to protect him, the poisonous goop slaps him head-on. Tock immediately begins to feel ill as the disgusting poison seeps into his feathers.

The other two Pokémon take no notice, each being busy with their own business. Astrid charges towards Slayer, skidding to a stop as she approaches him and quickly spins around, intending to ram her tail into him. Somehow, though, Slayer’s dark substitute manages to squeeze between its master and Astrid’s tail, taking the blow instead. Astrid retreats, silently cursing the concept of substitutes.

As suggested, Tock takes off again, headed towards the nearest flowerbox, where he collects a large clump of dirt in his hooked feet. He then flies directly over Carrie and releases the dirt from above. However, Carrie’s substitute lunges onto the air and collides with the dirt, effectively shielding its creator from any harm the dirt may (or may not) have caused.

Slayer, meanwhile, stands staring at his trainer cluelessly. What sort of dance is swords dance? Did his trainer perhaps mean another dance? Might as well give it a try, he figures. He stands holding an imaginary sword, poised for attack, and begins dancing sloppily, making up the moves as he goes. Nothing seems to happen, however, as Slayer thinks to himself, You know, I really hate dancing.

Carrie returns her attention to Astrid. Instead of poison, she releases a breath of flames in the Alrunnik’s direction. Astrid whines as the fire scorches her fur. She growls angrily at Carrie for a moment, but turns her back to her and focuses again on Slayer, who appears to be doing some sort of foolish dance. She again charges at the Larvitar, while allowing her tail to stiffen with a silvery light. She lunges at Slayer upon nearing his position, again spinning around and lashing her tail at him. Slayer’s dancing assists him, as he unintentionally sidesteps Astrid’s attack. Again, Astrid retreats, this time growling at Slayer.

Not wanting to be forgotten, Tock again collects a sample of dirt from the same flowerbox in his talons, as well as a tiny flower, causing the person watching the battle from her window to shout angrily, though Tock can’t hear it through the closed window. He flies hastily over Carrie and drops the collected dirt. Once again, however, the substitute spares any damage to its creator, leaping up and taking the attack for her. Unnoticed by anyone, the woman at the window faints as her prized flower burst into flames upon touching the substitute’s fiery body.

While everything else has been going on, Slayer has continued to dance and swing his imaginary sword in the hopes that he’ll stumble upon some mystical effect. So focused on his silly dance as he is, he is completely oblivious to anything for how foolish he must look, having not even noticed when Astrid tried to maul him.

Round 1 Results

Team Al (OOOO)
x0ut87.jpg

[Astrid] Alrunnik (F)
Unaware Ability
Health: 91%
Energy: 87%
Commands: Toxic @ Carrie ~ Rock Smash @ Slayer ~ Iron Tail @ Slayer
Status: Disappointed with how unfair the fight is. Chills remaining: 5/5

Hoothoot
[Tock] Hoothoot (M)
Insomnia Ability
Health: 99%
Commands: Featherdance @ Slayer ~ Mud Slap @ Carrie ~ Mud Slap @ Carrie
Status: Feeling sick. Poisoned (Severe; 1% this round, 2% next). Chills remaining: 5/5

Team Steele (OOOO)
Cyndaquil
[Carrie] Cyndaquil (F)
Blaze Ability
Health: 85%
Energy: 84%
Commands: Substitute (15%) ~ Toxic @ Tock ~ Flamethrower @ Astrid
Status: Feeling pretty confident. Has a substitute (9% Health). Chills remaining: 5/5

Larvitar
[Slayer] Larvitar (M)
Guts Ability
Energy: 93%
Commands: Substitute (15%) ~ Nothing ~ Nothing
Status: A minor setback. After all, he’s still the Slayer. Has a substitute (11% Health). Attack –2. Chills remaining: 5/5​

Arena Notes
-Pretty much unchanged.

Round 1 Notes
-For the record, the speeds of the Pokémon by their base are as follows: Cyndaquil, Alrunnik, Hoothoot, Larvitar.
-Astrid’s Toxic failed due to Carrie’s Substitute. Those Substitutes also blocked any stat-drop side effects of the various moves used against them.
-Tock’s first Mud-Slap was a critical hit.
-Sorry Steele, according to my research (aka, Veekun + Serebii), Larvitar can’t learn Swords Dance, so he didn’t do anything for actions 2 or 3.
-Astrid’s Iron Tail missed.
-Team Steele attacks first. And you’re welcome, both of you. :D Just let me know if anything seems off.

Last edited:
fffffffff

Dammit. I thought Larvitar learned it...

Oh, well. Time to be evil, Carrie. Start out by Theivin' Tock for some serious annoyment. Next, Taunt Astrid to eliminate those pesky status moves. If your sub is broken, be annoying and rebuild it. Finish with an Extrasensory to Astrid, unless HG/SS egg/tutor moves aren't allowed--in that case, Flamethrower. Chill if they Protect.

Slayer. Slay them.

Simple. You've got some ground to make up. Dragon Dance twice, then Stone Edge Tock. Chill if they Protect, and if they lower your attack again, Dark Pulse Tock.

Carrie:

Thief@Tock/Chill~Taunt@Astrid/Substitute/Chill~Extrasensory@Astrid/Flamethrower@Astrid/Substitute

Slayer:

Dragon Dance x2~Stone Edge@Tock/Dark Pulse@Tock

C'MON U GAIZ! Kill them.

...unless HG/SS egg/tutor moves aren't allowed...

For the record, HG/SS moves are allowed, I just didn't see Swords Dance on any of Larvitar's lists, so if it learns it that way, feel free to offer proof and I'll happily correct myself. Though if it learns it breeding, it should learn it via TM also... though Vulpix can get Energy Ball via breeding but can't learn the TM... gah. Anyway, carry on.

Don't feel so down, guys! They may have substitutes but you still have more health for now. I promise we'll get the upper hand.

Astrid, Taunt that pesky Larvitar while you have the chance! We can't let him buff up like that. Afterwards you can vent your Frustration out on Slayer's substitute- or Slayer himself if you get the chance.

Tock, use Protect! We can't let that Cyndaquil have your leftovers. Then, use Facade on Slayer. I have a feeling you don't need to worry about Stone Edge. Finally, since HG/SS moves are allowed now, you should know what Tailwind is this time.

Astrid:
Taunt @ Slayer ~ Frustration @ Slayer x2

Tock:
Protect ~ Facade @ Slayer ~ Tailwind

Last edited:
Don't feel so down, guys! They may have substitutes but you still have more health for now. I promise we'll get the upper hand.

Astrid, protect to keep yourself from getting Taunted. Your support is vital! After that, vent your Frustration out on Slayer's substitute- or Slayer himself if you get the chance.

Tock, use Protect! We can't let that Cyndaquil have your leftovers. Then, use Facade on Slayer. I have a feeling you don't need to worry about Stone Edge. Finally, since HG/SS moves are allowed now, you should know what Tailwind is this time.

Astrid:
Protect ~ Frustration @ Slayer x2

Tock:
Protect ~ Facade @ Slayer ~ Tailwind

edit: hrng actually Astrid's taunt @ slayer would get eaten by the substitute. Is it too late to change it?

According to the A&A guide, under the description of Substitute, it will not block Taunt. So if you'd like to change your commands, you've got once chance. :P

4vs4 double

Team Al (OOOO)
x0ut87.jpg

[Astrid] Alrunnik (F)
Unaware Ability
Health: 91%
Commands: Taunt @ Slayer ~ Frustration @ Slayer ~ Frustration @ Slayer

Hoothoot
[Tock] Hoothoot (M)
Insomnia Ability
Health: 99%
Commands: Protect ~ Facade @ Slayer ~ Tailwind
Status: Feeling sick. Poisoned (Severe; 2% this round, 4% next). Chills remaining: 5/5

Team Steele (OOOO)
Cyndaquil
[Carrie] Cyndaquil (F)
Blaze Ability
Energy: 84%
Commands: Thief @ Tock/Chill ~ Taunt @ Astrid/Substitute/Chill ~ Extrasensory @ Astrid/Flamethrower @ Astrid/Substitute
Status: Feeling pretty confident. Has a substitute (9% Health). Chills remaining: 5/5

Larvitar
[Slayer] Larvitar (M)
Guts Ability
Energy: 93%
Commands: Dragon Dance ~ Dragon Dance ~ Stone Edge @ Tock/Dark Pulse @ Tock
Status: A minor setback. After all, he’s still the Slayer. Has a substitute (11% Health). Attack –2. Chills remaining: 5/5

Round 2

Tock feels that losing his item would not be in his best interest, and as such, he creates a green dome of pure energy around himself, shielding him from any incoming threats. Carrie sees this and sighs, knowing that any attempt at thievery would be in vain, and instead curls up on the hard ground to rest a bit, though she doesn’t feel particularly tired. Astrid ignores this, instead continuing to focus her attention on Slayer. She begins to hiss some well-thought-out insults at the Larvitar, including something about having a frail body for a rock-type. Slayer is quickly infuriated by the smart remarks, and forgets all about any sort of dancing, wishing nothing more than to tear Astrid limb from limb.

Carrie gets up from her curled position on the floor and glances back at her trainer. Whether being fairly young or what, Carrie has no idea what “taunt” means. Instead, she looks around the town, admiring the scenery while her opponents are distracted. Astrid, meanwhile, is rather displeased by a variety of things, from the unfair numbers, to her failed Iron Tail to wasting energy on a barrier from an attack that never came. She decides to vent this anger on Slayer’s substitute, seeing as how it managed to get in her way multiple times so far. The charges right up to it, ignoring Slayer this time, and brutally pounds and claws and the dark being’s rocky exterior. Though it is clearly damaged, all of Astrid’s anger up to this point simply isn’t enough to completely crack the rock-come-to-life.

Tock, however, has more success. Using the pain from his poison to fuel him, he allows the poison to spread, his body taking on a faint purple glow as he transforms the poison into power. Tock then flies powerfully at Slayer, blasting right through the substitute and shattering it, leaving nothing but slight dark wisps of energy in his wake. The Larvitar, though surprised, is more annoyed at the loss of his protection. Still, however, he blames Astrid for weakening it.

Ignored for the most part, Carrie takes advantage of the situation to tap into her psychic abilities. Though unfamiliar with the power, Carrie is still able to control enough of it to psychically invade Astrid’s mind. The barrage of psychic power in her mind, somehow amplified by the poisonous nature of the creature, is too much for the Alrunnik, who whines and shivers in response to the mental assault. Carrie can’t sustain the attack for too long, however, and eventually is forced to return to her own mind.

Astrid is furious at the mental intrusion, and decides to take out her rage, again on Slayer. This time, with no protection, the Larvitar is rammed hard and brutally pounded, bitten and slashed, even his rocky body cracking under the pressure of the repeated beatings. Only grudgingly does the Alrunnik retreat, feeling much more calm now, unlike Slayer. Though he does indeed wish to attack, it simply wasn’t possible for the attack ordered to be carried out, so instead, the Larvitar angrily charges up to Astrid and slaps her hard across the face. Tock, meanwhile, flies lazily upwards and beats his wings, and everyone in the general area can feel a slight wind picking up, gently blowing the trees and the grass.

Round 2 Results

Team Al (OOOO)
x0ut87.jpg

[Astrid] Alrunnik (F)
Unaware Ability
Health: 80%
Energy: 73%
Commands: Taunt @ Slayer ~ Frustration @ Slayer ~ Frustration @ Slayer

Hoothoot
[Tock] Hoothoot (M)
Insomnia Ability
Health: 98%
Energy: 75%
Commands: Protect ~ Facade @ Slayer ~ Tailwind
Status: Feeling sick. Poisoned (Severe; 2% this round, 4% next). Chills remaining: 5/5

Team Steele (OOOO)
Cyndaquil
[Carrie] Cyndaquil (F)
Blaze Ability
Energy: 88%
Commands: Chill ~ Nothing ~ Extrasensory @ Astrid
Status: Feeling pretty confident. Has a substitute (9% Health). Chills remaining: 4/5

Larvitar
[Slayer] Larvitar (M)
Guts Ability
Health: 73%
Commands: Nothing ~ Nothing ~ Nothing
Status: Really ticked off at Astrid. Substitute destroyed (0% Health). Attack –1. Chills remaining: 5/5​

Arena Notes
-There’s a slight breeze blowing from behind Al’s team, raising their speed (5 more actions). That means the new speed order is this: Astrid, Carrie, Tock, Slayer.

Round 2 Notes
-So yeah, Taunt isn’t blocked by Substitute, so Slayer did a whole lot of nothin’ this round.
-Sorry again Steele, but Cyndaquil can’t learn Taunt, believe it or not, again according to both Serebii and Veekun.
-Slayer’s Substitute was destroyed on action 2.
-Astrid’s Frustration on action 3 was a critical hit.
-Stone Edge has a base power of 100, and therefore would be considered a destructive move according to the arena rules, so Slayer was unable to use it on action 3, instead opting just to flat out attack due to Taunt for minimal damage.
-Team Al attacks next.

Doing good, guys! Keep it up!

Astrid, let's continue breaking down. Use Helping Hand to help out Tock, first off. Next, hit Slayer with a Rock Smash and Iron Tail again. If Carrie's substitute gets broken while Tock is attacking it, hit her with Toxic before she can get it back up. Once she is poisoned you can go back to beating up Slayer.

Tock, throw up another Facade, but at Carrie's clone this time. Follow that up with two Air Slashes.

If either foe uses protect and you two are unable to attack your target, use Double Team instead for two clones.

Astrid:
Helping Hand ~ Rock Smash @ Slayer/Toxic @ Carrie/Double Team (2) ~ Iron Tail @ Slayer/Toxic @ Carrie/Double Team (2)

Tock:
Facade @ Carrie/Double Team (2) ~ Air Slash/Double Team (2) x2

Man, I'm sucking this battle. D:

Carrie. It's time again. Theif the Leftovers from Tock. And they wanna Poison you. One way to avoid that. Quick Teaming.

Dammit Slayer. This is all my fault.... oh, well. Dark Pulse your archenemy the whole round. :x

Simple orders are simple.

Carrie:

Theif@Tock~Quick Attack(Run as far away as possible)+Double Team(Max Clones)~Nothing

Slayer:

Dark Pulse@Astrid x3

4vs4 double

Team Al (OOOO)
x0ut87.jpg

[Astrid] Alrunnik (F)
Unaware Ability
Health: 80%
Energy: 73%
Commands: Helping Hand ~ Rock Smash @ Slayer/Toxic @ Carrie/Double Team (2) ~ Iron Tail @ Slayer/Toxic @ Carrie/Double Team (2)

Hoothoot
[Tock] Hoothoot (M)
Insomnia Ability
Health: 98%
Energy: 75%
Commands: Facade @ Carrie/Double Team (2) ~ Air Slash/Double Team (2) ~ Air Slash/Double Team (2)

Team Steele (OOOO)
Cyndaquil
[Carrie] Cyndaquil (F)
Blaze Ability
Energy: 88%
Commands: Thief @ Tock ~ Quick Attack (Run as far away as possible) + Double Team (Max Clones)
Status: Feeling pretty confident. Has a substitute (9% Health). Chills remaining: 4/5

Larvitar
[Slayer] Larvitar (M)
Guts Ability
Health: 73%
Commands: Dark Pulse @ Astrid ~ Dark Pulse @ Astrid ~ Dark Pulse @ Astrid
Status: Really ticked off at Astrid. Substitute destroyed (0% Health). Attack –1. Chills remaining: 5/5

Round 3

Astrid begins cheering madly for Tock, jumping around and screaming. Tock can already feel his confidence growing, and it is lifted even further upon realizing that Carrie doesn’t seem to know that “thief” means, either. While she looks at her trainer, distracted, Tock flies madly at her, glowing a faint purple again as her poison empowers her. She blows unharmed right through Carrie’s fiery protector, completely obliterating it. Slayer, meanwhile, gathers his dark thoughts towards Astrid and allows tem to fill him up, and then sends a pulsing wave of dark power directly at the Alrunnik, who screams as the dark energy sears her body.

As the dark wave passes, Astrid scowls at Slayer and vows to return the favor, but for the moment, she has other immediate concerns. With no more protector, Carrie is wide open, and so she points her tail at the fire Pokémon. Carrie, however, has no intention of letting any poisonous goo come anywhere near her, and takes off running at quite surprising speed, leaving Astrid’s Toxic attack to land with a splat on the pavement. As she runs, she leaves a blur behind, which seems to form into other actual Cyndaquil. Seeing that the harm has passed, she turns around and runs back to her original spot (making sure to avoid the poisonous puddle), her five copies imitating her every move.

On the other side of the square, Tock is in the air again, flapping his wings to manipulate the wind. He manages to create an actual blade of air which he then sends soaring down to rake across Slayer’s body. The Larvitar stumbles backwards a bit, but manages to keep his footing. He ignores Tock, however, still angry with Astrid. Just as before, he allows his evil thoughts to fill him and sends them in a pulse of dark energy at Astrid, whose reaction is quite the same as well.

Again, however, Astrid manages to ignore Slayer and attempt another assault against Carrie. Unsure of which one is the real Cyndaquil, she picks one at random and aims her tail. She shoots another glob of toxins from the gland at her chosen target, however the blob lands, like the other, with a splat on the pavement, and one of Carrie’s clones fades away. Meanwhile, Tock decides to try his luck. He aims another air blade into the crowd of Cyndaquil. As it turns out, Tock’s blade strikes head-on, and the real Carrie trips backwards as her copies all disappear into thin air.

Happy to have been ignored for a moment, Slayer sends yet another dark energy wave at Astrid, who by this point is starting to feel rather ticked off also. She is thrown back as the latest purple pulse hits her, and again glares at Slayer, unsure of which opponent she dislikes more.

Round 3 Results

Team Al (OOOO)
x0ut87.jpg

[Astrid] Alrunnik (F)
Unaware Ability
Health: 53%
Energy: 62%
Commands: Helping Hand ~ Toxic @ Carrie ~ Toxic @ Carrie
Status: Getting pretty annoyed herself. Chills remaining: 5/5

Hoothoot
[Tock] Hoothoot (M)
Insomnia Ability
Health: 95%
Energy: 63%
Commands: Facade @ Carrie ~ Air Slash @ Slayer ~ Air Slash @ Carrie
Status: Still feeling sick. Poisoned (Severe; 4% this round, 8% next). Chills remaining: 5/5

Team Steele (OOOO)
Cyndaquil
[Carrie] Cyndaquil (F)
Blaze Ability
Health: 76%
Energy: 79%
Commands: Nothing ~ Quick Attack + Double Team (Max Clones)
Status: Still feeling pretty confident. Substitute destroyed (0% Health). Clones faded. Chills remaining: 4/5

Larvitar
[Slayer] Larvitar (M)
Guts Ability
Health: 67%
Energy: 66%
Commands: Dark Pulse @ Astrid ~ Dark Pulse @ Astrid ~ Dark Pulse @ Astrid
Status: Still annoyed, but happy to relieve some anger. Attack –1. Chills remaining: 5/5​

Arena Notes
-There’s a slight breeze blowing from behind Al’s team, raising their speed (2 more actions). That means the new speed order is this: Astrid, Carrie, Tock, Slayer. After two actions next round, the speeds will be returned to normal.

Round 3 Notes
-Um… I didn’t find anywhere in my sources where Cyndaquil can learn thief. :x
-Astrid’s Toxics missed.
-Since Air Slash had no specified target, one was chosen randomly each time.
-Toxic destroyed one of Carrie’s clones, but Air Slash rolled a hit even with four left, so then all faded on action 3.
-Team Steele attacks next.

Last edited:
I'mma kill myself. Upgrade your movepool, Carrie. Dx

Crappy internet has eaten my commands. Repostation.

Uh... weren't all the clones destroyed? :O

Well, Carrie. Be annoying some more. Quickstitute so they can't do anything horrible to you, then, Extrasensory Astrid and hope she dies. Chill if she Protects. Simplicity is still simple.

Dammit, Slayer... this is all my fault... (Yes, I will continue to say some form of "damn" whenever I'm talking to Slayer. Watcha gonna do about it?) Well, you don't appear to be taunted anymore, so Dragon Dance unless you currently still are taunted, or become taunted. If that's the case, Dark Pulse Astrid. Repeat. If you managed to get a Dragon Dance in/your attack is equal or higher than your special attack, Rock Slide. Dark Pulse if it isn't. Chill if she Protects.

Carrie:

Quick Attack(Run away) + Substitute(20%)~Extrasensory@Astrid/Chill~Nothing

Slayer:

Dragon Dance/Dark Pulse@Astrid/Chill x2~Rock Slide@Both/Dark Pulse@Astrid/Chill

Last edited:
Looks like you're in a spot of trouble, Astrid! But I have an idea.

Make your own Substitute! Then, go soundly to sleep with Rest. Then use Sleep Talk to attack. I suppose while you're asleep you can't choose a target but going for Slayer would be favorable.

Tock, let's go with what works. Facade at Slayer, and Protect if he uses Rock Slide.

Astrid:
Substitute 15% ~ Rest ~ Sleep Talk (@ Slayer?)

Tock:
Facade @ Slayer ~ Facade @ Slayer/Protect x2

edit: oops, I guess I got Air Slash mixed up with Aerial Ace last round. Looks like I got lucky!

Last edited:
4vs4 double

Team Al (OOOO)
x0ut87.jpg

[Astrid] Alrunnik (F)
Unaware Ability
Health: 53%
Energy: 62%
Commands: Substitute 15% ~ Rest ~ Sleep Talk (@ Slayer?)
Status: Getting pretty annoyed herself. Chills remaining: 5/5

Hoothoot
[Tock] Hoothoot (M)
Insomnia Ability
Health: 95%
Energy: 63%
Commands: Facade @ Slayer ~ Facade @ Slayer/Protect ~ Facade @ Slayer/Protect
Status: Still feeling sick. Poisoned (Severe; 4% this round, 8% next). Chills remaining: 5/5

Team Steele (OOOO)
Cyndaquil
[Carrie] Cyndaquil (F)
Blaze Ability
Health: 76%
Energy: 79%
Commands: Quick Attack (Run away) + Substitute (20%) ~ Extrasensory @ Astrid/Chill
Status: Still feeling pretty confident. Substitute destroyed (0% Health). Clones destroyed. Chills remaining: 4/5

Larvitar
[Slayer] Larvitar (M)
Guts Ability
Health: 67%
Energy: 66%
Commands: Dragon Dance/Dark Pulse @ Astrid/Chill ~ Dragon Dance/Dark Pulse @ Astrid/Chill ~ Rock Slide @ Both/Dark Pulse @ Astrid/Chill
Status: Still annoyed, but happy to relieve some anger. Attack –1. Chills remaining: 5/5

Round 4

Taking advantage of her temporary superior speed, Astrid decides to create her own living protector. Using her tail, she excretes a small glob of poison, which she then proceeds to mold in her likeness. Once the poison has taken on the general shape of an Alrunnik, it semi-solidifies and springs to life, ready to defend. Meanwhile, Carrie decides she rather liked being safe far away and takes off running again. She darts behind a nearby house, and after making sure she hadn’t been followed, she breathes another small flame out, which takes the shape of a Cyndaquil.

Back in the square, Tock again flies at Slayer with a faint purple glow, as she abuses the poisons within her. She rams into Slayer hard despite his rocky body, causing him to trip. Though annoyed, Slayer feels that he can safely perform a proper power-up dance, which he begins to do. As before, the dance proves to pump Slayer up, as well as making him feel swifter.

Upon realizing that Carrie seems to have vanished and Tock is keeping Slayer occupied, Astrid decides a quick nap would do her some good. She curls up on the pavement and closes her eyes, taking on a faint blue aura as her body begins to heal itself, while her poisonous protector stands silently beside her. Carrie pokes her head out from behind the house, and as before, taps into her slight psychic abilities. She sends a psychic wave at Astrid’s mind, but her attack is drawn to the empty mind of Astrid’s clone. Though Carrie notices no mental pain, the Substitute visibly begins to fall apart, as it slowly returns to semi-liquid and begins dripping onto the pavement.

Once again, a purple Tock rams his body powerfully into the dancing Slayer, causing him to falter in his dance, however he recovers quickly and resumes. Though all of his opponents seem to be easy targets (where did that second Alrunnik come from?), Slayer wants to cause as much destruction as possible, and his dance really is giving him confidence with every step.

Carrie again peeks out from her hiding place, noticing briefly that the breeze has died out, to see a green energy bubble now surrounding Tock, and two Alrunnik not far away, one of them mumbling in her sleep. She continues to look on, puzzled, as the sleeping Alrunnik stands in her sleep, her tail glowing a strange silver to mix with the light blue that surrounds the rest of her body. She then makes a beeline for Slayer, stopping and spinning upon approach, and ramming her tail into him. The Larvitar is taken unaware, having obviously not expected a sleeping enemy to move, much less attack, and he is thrown back a few feet.

As Slayer stands again, only now noticing the absence of his teammate, he scowls at the sleeping Astrid, who settled down again right after her strike, her poisonous protector trotting up next to her. Angrily, he rams his foot into the ground. The pavement splits obediently, and a few medium-sized boulders erupt. They hover for a moment, then rain down upon Team Al. Astrid’s goopy protector creates as solid a shield around her master as she can, which indeed does protect Astrid herself from the raining rocks but destroys the remains of her Substitute, while Tock is left similarly unharmed, shielded from the stones by the green energy dome he created moments earlier.

Round 4 Results

Team Al (OOOO)
x0ut87.jpg

[Astrid] Alrunnik (F)
Unaware Ability
Health: 58%
Energy: 47%
Commands: Substitute 15% ~ Rest ~ Sleep Talk (Iron Tail)
Status: Zzzz… Substitute destroyed (0% Health). Asleep (self-induced, 1 more action). Chills remaining: 5/5

Hoothoot
[Tock] Hoothoot (M)
Insomnia Ability
Health: 90%
Energy: 45%
Commands: Facade @ Slayer ~ Facade @ Slayer ~ Protect
Status: Feeling increasingly sicker. Poisoned (Severe; 8% this round, no higher). Chills remaining: 5/5

Team Steele (OOOO)
Cyndaquil
[Carrie] Cyndaquil (F)
Blaze Ability
Health: 56%
Energy: 59%
Commands: Quick Attack (Run away) + Substitute (20%) ~ Extrasensory @ Astrid
Status: Hiding behind a house. Has a Substitute (20% Health). Chills remaining: 4/5

Larvitar
[Slayer] Larvitar (M)
Guts Ability
Health: 32%
Energy: 48%
Commands: Dragon Dance ~ Dragon Dance ~ Rock Slide
Status: “I really hate dancing.” Attack +1, Speed +2. Chills remaining: 5/5​

Arena Notes
-Team Al’s Tailwind faded out after action 2. Factoring in Slayer’s speed boost, the order is: Carrie, Astrid, Slayer, Tock.

Round 4 Notes
-Sorry, I should have mentioned that Taunt only rolled to last for last round, it has indeed faded by now, and as such, Slayer was able to dance.
-Astrid’s Sleep Talk rolled Iron Tail, which targeted Slayer since Carrie wasn’t within range.
-Slayer used extra energy to summon the boulders for his Rock Slide from the earth. Steele, I hope you can pay for the town’s repairs. D:
-Team Al moves next.

Astrid, keep up with the Sleep Talk! Give Tock a Helping Hand after you wake up, unless Tock's target uses Protect. If that happens, just Chill. Finally, Iron Tail Slayer again. Unless he protects. Go for Carrie's substitute instead if he does.

Tock, just keep doing what you're doing. If Slayer Protects, just use Tailwind instead.

Astrid:
Sleep Talk ~ Helping Hand/Chill ~ Iron Tail @ Slayer/Carrie

Tock:
Facade @ Slayer/Tailwind x3

Last edited:
Put yer SHOOP DA WHOOP faces on, we're going in!

Well.~ We don't want Slayer to get hurt, so Attract Tock, and be sure to lurve him so he won't hurt your pal.
Then, Carrie, shall we slay some poison-Eevee-looking-stuff-or-whatever? YES. We need to take them down, and quick! Extrasensory the hell outta Astrid! Then... ebilness. Protect to render their last line of attack useless. :D

Dammit, Slayer, that was great! :D

...except for the part about you almost being dead. Taunt Tock to prevent Tailwinds, then Substitute as quick as possible. Protect at the end! Don't give up!

Carrie:

Attract@Tock~Extrasensory@Astrid~Protect

Slayer:

Taunt@Tock~Substitute(As big as his current health can get him)~Protect

Last edited:
@Steele: Just to clarify your orders for Slayer... you tell him to Protect, but the final command string has him Chilling. Which one did you intend for him to do?

Back
Top Bottom