• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Derpy vs. Wargle

blazheirio889

Banned
Pronoun
she
1 vs 1 single
DQ: 3 days
Damage cap: 100%
Banned: chills, healing moves, OHKOs
Arena: Asber Ruins

This arena, being last minute, is right under the fight going on above. Despite this, it doesn't really affect the match in any way, as special shields have been developed to prevent the attacks from above from hitting the fighters.

Derpy's active squad
[Emo] Oshawott (M) <Torrent>
[Muffin] Woobat (M) <Unaware>
[William] Scraggy (M) <Shed Skin>
[Snap] Sandile (F) <Moxie>
[Aries] Cottonee (M) <Prankster> @Sun Stone
[Spectre] Gastly (F) <Levitate>

Wargle's active squad
[Xero] Aerodactyl (M) <Pressure>
[Cainus] Growlithe (M) <Flash Fire> @Fire Stone
[Cybin] Shroomish (F) <Poison Heal> @Toxic Orb
[Kazza] Abra (M) <Synchronize> @Lucky Egg
[Stamford] Bronzor (X) <Levitate>
--> Signature move: Gravitational Tear
[Mr. Wonderful] Spiritomb (M) <Pressure> @Expert Belt
[Washibon] Rufflet (M) <Keen Eye> @Eviolite
[Caimanly] Sandile (M) <Intimidate>
[Martimur] Cubchoo (M) <Snow Cloak>
[Scraggy] Scraggy (M) <Moxie>
---> Signature attribute: Badassery

So I've changed the DQ time to three days, as was discussed and agreed upon by the battlers. Also, Derpy, did you mean to ban OHKOs as well? And finally, haven't been keeping track of this stuff, but Derpy, is this your first ASB battle?

Anyway, it was previously arranged that Derpy would use her Cottonee and Wargle, her Growlithe. Thus, we can go straight ahead with command order. why did I type out the active squads aaa

And the RNG says
Wargle commands first.
Derpy commands second.

Last edited:

So I've changed the DQ time to three days, as was discussed and agreed upon by the battlers. Also, Derpy, did you mean to ban OHKOs as well? And finally, haven't been keeping track of this stuff, but Derpy, is this your first ASB battle?

Anyway, it was previously arranged that Derpy would use his Cottonee and Wargle, her Growlithe. Thus, we can go straight ahead with command order. why did I type out the active squads aaa

And the RNG says
Wargle commands first.
Derpy commands second.

1: Yes. DX I'm living up to my username today.
2: No.
3: I'm a girl. :3

if I said this was my first battle you'd believe me right?

This battle needs to be quick, so go right on the offensive Cainus. Toxic spam until it works, Unless Cottonee is going to Taunt or Status you First. If it's a taunt, Flame Thrower him back, if it's a status, try to go First and Safeguard, Also safeguard after a taunt.

Toxic/Safeguard/Flamethrower X3

If Taunt works sucessfully and you've Safeguarded and have an action left, Flamethrower/

1 vs 1 single
DQ: 3 days

This arena, being last minute, is right under the fight going on above. Despite this, it doesn't really affect the match in any way, as special shields have been developed to prevent the attacks from above from hitting the fighters.

Several trainers, huddled in a narrow alleyway, glanced fearfully at the sky. For now this part of the city was protected by mystical barriers, but unless the legendaries were defeated, the barriers would no doubt fail sooner or later. In order to maximize their chances of victory, two trainers decided to hold a quick battle to evolve their Pokemon. The appropriate items were given to the battlers; then two trainers and the referee bravely ventured out into the heart of the dragon fire-lit city. They had barely gone three steps, however, when the head referee appeared in a burst of light. “NO STOP YOU FOOLS,” she bellowed. With a wave of her referee baton, a strange spell that prevented evolution, at least until the start of the mighty brawl overhead, was cast upon the Pokemon. Then she disappeared again. Everyone sighed in disappointment.

Well, there was no sense in abandoning the battle. Wargle’s Growlithe, Cainus, eagerly leapt out to meet his foe. Meanwhile, Derpy practically had to push her terrified Cottonee into the fray. The meteors raging overhead scared Aries witless, and being forced to fight an angry fire-typed canine was doing nothing to alleviate his fears.

Round One

Derpy (O)

Cottonee @Sun Stone
Aries (M) <Prankster>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Taunt ~ Return ~ Return

Wargle (O)

Growlithe @Fire Stone
Cainus (M) <Flash Fire>
Commands: Toxic/Safeguard/Flamethrower ~ Toxic/Safeguard/Flamethrower ~ Toxic/Safeguard/Flamethrower

Upon hearing his trainer’s commands, Aries let out another terrified squeak. He did not want Cainus to be even angrier with him… It was inviting a massacre. But Derpy was firm on her orders. Shuddering inwardly, Aries began to bob tauntingly around Cainus, reaching out with his leaves to tickle the Growlithe on the nose. Highly irritated, Cainus lunged, only to have Aries surge just out of reach. Too slow, dog breath! the Cottonee called out. You’re never going to win a battle at that pace. No better than a snail! Furious now, Cainus lunged again, but got nothing but a mouthful of air. Can’t catch me… can’t catch me…

Aries’s maddening mantra filled Cainus’s ears, invaded his head… For the love of Arceus, shut up already! With a throaty roar Cainus reared his head back and spat a stream of fire at his fleeing opponent. Aries was immediately engulfed in the blaze. There was an odd shriek, and then Aries was flailing about, hopping up and down frantically and thrashing his leaves in an effort to put the fire out. Cainus kept the flames going until he ran out of breath; then, panting, he sat back and grinned at Aries’s pain. When the Cottonee at last managed to extinguish the flames, he was scorched all over.

Aries heard another barked order, but this one was just as befuddling as the first. Return? When he had just been torched? Was his trainer some sort of pyromaniac? Aries desperately tried to think positive, to see the silver lining in his dire situation, but it was difficult for even the most optimistic creature to do. Gathering himself, the Cottonee flew at Cainus, though there was not much force behind the strike at all, and Aries merely bounced off. Disheartened, he swatted at Cainus a few times before giving up. Aries just sat there: a miserable, shivering pile of wool.

On the other hand, Cainus was enjoying the battle already. Aries was barely counterattacking; he was a sitting duck for his mighty fire-type moves. Again the puppy puffed up his chest, a volatile chemical reaction taking place in his fire sac. Then he exhaled noisily, unleashing another stream of fire. Aries shrieked as he was set on fire yet again, and he desperately tried to float away, but Cainus kept the Flamethrower trained on its target. Aries could feel his leaves shriveling in the heat, the blaze eating away at his cotton to scorch the tender skin underneath. It felt like forever before the hated flames faded away.

Aries’s attempted Return was even more pathetic than the first. It was little more than a light thwak on Cainus’s nose, who barked in irritation and shook his opponent off. The dismayed Cottonee barely had time to lament over the ineffectiveness of his attacks before another Flamethrower came his way. Unable to bear the repeated burning, Aries let out a ghastly wail and spasmed violently with the pain. This time, when the flames cleared, it was evident that the fire had at last managed to damage the vulnerable body; the skin on Arie’s left side was black and flaking, revealing raw red flesh underneath. His anger sated, Cainus grinned widely.

Derpy (O)

Cottonee @Sun Stone
Aries (M) <Prankster>
Health: 51%
Energy: 91%

Wargle (O)

Growlithe @Fire Stone
Cainus (M) <Flash Fire>
Health: 94%
Energy: 88%

Terrain notes
Nothing to note.

Final notes
Derpy attacks first next round.
The final Flamethrower burned Aries.

If Derpy approves, I'd like to change this to a 2v2 or 3v3 since the evolution won't affect Asber-saving, might as well share the EXP around.

If I may butt in - I'd be okay with a 2v2, but I don't think I'll have the time for a 3v3, since second term is coming up and it's always busier than first.

Yeah, sure! ^^

(does this mean I send out the Pokemon? If so I will send out my Scraggy, William.)

Last edited:
If you guys are dead set on a double battle, I /could/ do it, but I'd prefer not to, since they take more time for each reffing. I don't think I'd be able to keep up with the DQ time.

So I guess you guys want a double battle?

In that case Wargle, send out your next Pokemon. Then Derpy commands and Wargle commands.

Against my better judgement, using Washibon the Washibon/Rufflet

(sorry Derpy, but I got mega-type advantages)

That's a shame.

William, use thunder punch on Washibon three times. :)
Thunder punch~Thunder punch~Thunder punch

Aries, use stun spore on Growlithe and frustration on Growlithe twice.

Stun spore~Frustration~Frustration

A Crying shame.

Washibon, Sky Drop Scraggy, then Protect.

Sky Drop (Raise Scraggy) ~ Drop Scraggy ~ Protect

Cainus, Protect, Agility, Double Team.

Protect ~ Agility ~ Double Team

(Just a check, did you factor in Cainus's Fire Stone on Damage/Energy calculations? Not questioning you, but I'm too lazy to calculate to be sure)

2 vs 2 double
DQ: 7 days

After having their plans thwarted by Negrek (and they were so close too!), the trainers and referee sighed, huddled together, and began to speak in hushed voices. If they couldn’t finish this battle at light speed and reap the benefits, they may as well take it slow and get more rewards. The battlers nodded enthusiastically at this idea; the referee did not seem nearly as keen, but she agreed at last with another sigh.

At the referee’s signal, two other Pokemon were sent out. Derpy’s choice was a feisty Scraggy, who began to rapidly waddle in circles. William almost immediately stumbled; his pants were always quite the tripping hazard. With a little squeak he yanked his pants up and settled with bouncing on the spot. Meanwhile, Wargle sent out the pre-evolution of her namesake: Washibon the Rufflet spread his wings and cawed loudly.

Round Two

Derpy (OO)

Cottonee @Sun Stone
Aries (M) <Prankster>
Health: 51%
Energy: 91%
Commands: Stun Spore @Cainus ~ Frustration @Cainus ~ Frustration @Cainus

Scraggy
William (M) <Shed Skin>
Commands: ThunderPunch @Washibon ~ ThunderPunch @Washibon ~ ThunderPunch @Washibon

Wargle (OO)

Growlithe @Fire Stone
Cainus (M) <Flash Fire>
Health: 94%
Energy: 88%
Commands: Protect ~ Agility ~ Double Team

Rufflet @Eviolite
Washibon (M) <Keen Eye>
Commands: Sky Drop (raise) @Scraggy ~ Sky Drop (drop) @Scraggy ~ Protect

Keen to avoid any nasty status conditions, Cainus quickly spread a bit of his energy into the air around him and willed it to solidify. There was the faintest shimmer as the shield was realized. The Growlithe crouching behind the barrier watched as his opponent drifted closer. Aries was nervous about getting so close to the deadly fire-type, but if it was to make sure he became paralyzed… Aries shook himself fiercely, dislodging peculiar spores in his wooly body. Then he used his leafy appendages to blow the powder at Cainus. Unfortunately, Aries noticed the Protect too late, and the yellowish specks clung uselessly to the barrier.

Meanwhile, Washibon took off with a furious cry. As he neared William, he swung his talons forward to clench them around the lizard’s midsection. Wings pumping crazily, Washibon struggled into the air with his struggling quarry. William was about the same size and weight as Washibon was, but through sheer muscle power and determination, Washibon managed to lift William about two metres into the air.

As a ground Pokemon, William was obviously extremely agitated. He kicked and thrashed and shrieked, demanding to be let down. When Washibon refused to comply, William clenched his fist and gathered electric power around it, causing it to spark and crackle. The Rufflet realized what was going on too late and received an electrified punch to the stomach. Washibon gave a squawk of pain and involuntarily loosened his grip as his muscles spasmed briefly; William let out another shriek as he felt himself sliding out of Washibon’s talons. The ground suddenly looked very far away. By some miracle, though, Washibon managed to recover in time to grasp at William’s tail. There the Scraggy dangled, swinging about and delirious with fear.

William’s screams were shrill and extremely annoying. The battle was just not playing out how Aries wanted it to: he was scorched, his eardrums were about to explode, and Cainus looked as scary as ever. Letting his despair and anger take over, the Cottonee launched himself at Cainus. He had just let down his energy barrier and regretted it immediately. Though Aries was about as fluffy as Pokemon came, he could hit hard. Cainus was struck over and over again across the face, the edges of leaves leaving shallow cuts all over his face. When Aries backed off, panting slightly, Cainus was left with a battered snout and some respect for his previously-meek opponent.

At last, Washibon’s trainer gave him the signal for letting go of William. With a huge sigh of relief, Washibon let the Scraggy drop. William landed on his chin with a thump, while his captor glided gracefully to the ground. Washibon then stretched his wings, which were sore and beginning to cramp from flapping so much.

Though he longed to cook Aries with another Flamethrower, Cainus instead ran around the perimeter of the area, starting at a steady lope, then gradually speeding up to a full-out sprint. Caught up in a bit of runner’s euphoria, Cainus gave a joyous bark. He felt fast and limber, like no-one could catch him.

Suddenly all battlers felt a slight tingling and there was a burst of hissing and crackling. William had surrounded his fist in a shroud of electricity again, but by some witchery the amount of electricity was much more than before: the lizard’s fist was glowing and humming dangerously. With a grin, William swung his fist at Washibon, who had no chance of dodging. The Rufflet was flung away with a choked gasp. He landed on the ground a few feet away, seemingly immobile as the voltage rushed around his body. After a moment Washibon recovered enough to stand up, though he still looked frazzled.

Rather traumatized by the powerful ThunderPunch, Washibon quickly gathered his bearings and created a shield of pure energy, much like that of his canine partner’s.

After his sprint, Cainus was more than fast enough to run circles around the previously-swifter Aries. He did just that, building more and more speed until he was little more than an orange blur. When Cainus slowed down, Aries recoiled in shock and horror as he found six Growlithe staring at him, all showing their sharp teeth in savage grins. Unsure of what to do, Aries flung himself haphazardly at one of the Growlithe, leaves ready to strike and slice. Aries didn’t get that far, though: his target turned out to be nothing but a clone, and he only managed to plop rather heavily onto the ground.

Completely unaware of Washibon’s impenetrable defense, William charged yet more electricity around his hand, hoping for results similar to the previous punch. Unfortunately, his fist was stopped by an unseen force. A jolt ran along William’s arm and he drew his fist back, mentally scolding himself for not noticing Washibon’s Protect earlier.

Derpy (OO)

Cottonee @Sun Stone
Aries (M) <Prankster>
Health: 48%
Energy: 78%

Scraggy
William (M) <Shed Skin>
Health: 92%
Energy: 85%

Wargle (OO)

Growlithe @Fire Stone
Cainus (M) <Flash Fire>
Health: 84%
Energy: 75%

Rufflet @Eviolite
Washibon (M) <Keen Eye>
Health: 75%
Energy: 89%

Terrain notes
Nothing to note.

Final notes
Wargle attacks first next round.
To answer Wargle, yes I did account for Fire Stone. And thanks for indirectly reminding me about Eviolite. :P
Frustration had max (102) BP the first time and 80 the second.
I had Sky Drop deal slightly less damage and cost slightly more energy since William is about as heavy and big as a Rufflet is.
A Pokemon being Sky Dropped can still attack the Sky Dropper.
I rolled a dice to see if Washibon would drop William early, but Washibon managed to hold on.
William’s second ThunderPunch was a critical hit.

Edit: And to make things easier, could you guys say who you are targeting in your final command strings?

Last edited:
Mine was pretty obvious, but I'll take note.

Shhh Blazhy my ASBpersona is a Wargle!

Cainus! Since your clones [were] surrounding Aries, dodging should be harder! Up the Damage by using Sunny day, Heat Wave, and Snarl. Protect in case of statuses, and against one Frustration. If you can't use any move of your moves whatsoever, Chill them off.

Sunny Day/Chill/Protect ~ Heat Wave @ Aries/Chill/Protect ~ Snarl@ Aries/Chill/Protect

Washibon! Hone your skills! Then Take to the skies! In case you're Taunted, use Frustration! If William is not hittable, stay airborne

Hone Claws/Frutration ~ Fly (up) ~ Fly @ William/Fly (Stay Flying)

Aries, time to get awesome.

Growth~Encore (at Cainus)~ Leech seed (at Canius)

Right, this is going to be harder to do.

Head smash (at Wasibon)~ Drain punch (health) (at Cainus)~Protect

Derp editing lots sorry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom