• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

A-level results (and in a week GCSEs)

I'm terrified of my GCSE results. I want to do better than my brother who got 8 A*s and 5 As, but I know I've failed German and Latin, so I'm thinking there should be another one if these threads in the CC D:

I'm predicting myself to get five A*s, four As, two Bs and two Us two Ds or worse. I'll compare my actual results to these predictions and I expect myself to do either much worse or much better.

Also good luck all!

Last edited:
Ahh I'm nervous about my GCSE results. I want to do Geography in that so if I get less than a high B I might as well just change it to another course.

I'm hoping for As in English and Geography but yeah I won't be all that surprised if I get just one A or less. :/ I wasn't that great at my GCSEs, especially the coursework. My Food Tech result will be amusing...

Good luck to everyone waiting for theirs, congratulations to anyone who got good A-level results!

You can do an A-level course without an A in that subject. Without a B, too. It's not that much harder, really. (Speaking from experience.)

Ahh I'm nervous about my GCSE results. I want to do Geography in that so if I get less than a high B I might as well just change it to another course.

I wasn't that great at my GCSEs, especially the coursework.

Did you have Geography coursework to do and if you did, what did you get?

I did and my teacher predicted a B.

Well you can't just say you failed and then not tell us how badly D:

Well you didn't say what your results did spell.

Last edited:
blah mine spell CEDDD
the C was 2 marks off a B

I hope to god that I can still do 3 out of those subjects next year... this year wasn't a good year and when I say that I mean it was terrible.

If like you get a C at AS and then an A at a-level in the same subject, does that bump your overall grade down to a B or what?

It depends on how many marks. I know someone who had straight As in his computing this year but ended up with a B overall... and that's not factoring in next year. It's best if you do C + two Ds and resit as many modules as possible.

It's doable. Trust me.

It depends on how many marks. I know someone who had straight As in his computing this year but ended up with a B overall... and that's not factoring in next year. It's best if you do C + two Ds and resit as many modules as possible.

It's doable. Trust me.
yeah the ones I intended to do next year were the C and 2 of the Ds.
I'll guess I'll try and resit the modules I got the lower grades in... with all 3 of them I got a different grade in each module (B and a C, C and a D, C and a D)

You can do an A-level course without an A in that subject. Without a B, too. It's not that much harder, really. (Speaking from experience.)

All the teachers had my school have been saying if you have less than a B you might not even be allowed to do it. :/ And that the work is so much difficult so an A for GCSE changes to a C when applied to A level knowledge, or something equally weird.

Did you have Geography coursework to do and if you did, what did you get?

I did and my teacher predicted a B.

I think I got a B or something. After my teacher kept saying it was bad and I really needed to work on it, making me freak out for months thinking it was like an F.

Wish he'd actually said it was a B actually, might have made me try and make more changes...

All the teachers had my school have been saying if you have less than a B you might not even be allowed to do it. :/ And that the work is so much difficult so an A for GCSE changes to a C when applied to A level knowledge, or something equally weird.

What? No. I had CC in double science back in school. I have a B in biology currently. (Ignore my E, it's an anomaly) But yeah. Sorry, I assumed you were going to a college rather than your sixth form - sixth forms have weird rules.

But what they're saying about grades changing isn't really true. It's about how much effort you put into the subject. GCSEs are worthless.

GCSEs are worthless.
I agree that they're retarded, but to say that they're "worthless" is dangerously misleading. If I'm not mistaken, universities are now starting to take into account the GCSE results of applicants because of the sheer volume of triple-A students. So you really should try hard with 'em.

Oh shit results day tomorrow. I've already had actual nightmares about getting crap grades. I have no idea how I'm going to get any sleep at all tonight. D:

Aye, good luck you guys.

It'll be a relief to finally get the damned things, bad results or good. They've just been hanging over me for the entire summer. :(

I agree that they're retarded, but to say that they're "worthless" is dangerously misleading. If I'm not mistaken, universities are now starting to take into account the GCSE results of applicants because of the sheer volume of triple-A students. So you really should try hard with 'em.

DAMNIT

my GCSEs were extremely average :| 1 A*, 3 As, 5 Bs, 2 Cs and a D

I should probably just accept that I will never get into uni ever
I do know stuff but I just goddamn hate the system and I can never get the hang of working to it

I thought only a handful of universities took any notice of GCSEs.

Back
Top Bottom