• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ace Attorney Mafia [mafia victoly!]

I think polls are neat do you think polls are neat!!

• arroz con poll-o

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • a-poll-o justice

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • poll-iwrath

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • give a hoot, don't poll-ute

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Re: Ace Attorney Mafia

And what, I'm better off merrily letting you kill me when you could be going for someone who might actually be mafia? :/ I claimed because you were about to kill me. At least the dayblocker/roleblocker could be dead, or be Dannichu (or whoever we actually lynch), or whatever. Chance of surviving and giving you more information > no chance.

But I'm not completely sure if the answer to Butterfree's question was current. Technically everyone is killed at dawn, after she performs her night action, aren't they? So no one would have died in a healer clash at the time that she got her answer. (I'm probably wrong about this...)

In addition to what Butterfree said, there's also the fact that she asked on the second night. No one died on that night so there couldn't possibly have been a clash anyway, and if there had been a clash on the first night then she would've received a positive answer when asking on the second. It wouldn't be current for today, no, but up until when she asked it would be. I guess she could ask again tonight, but tbh I'd rather have Diego-radar unless she can think of something better to inquire about. If she survives and all, anyway.

So apparently Danni was alien in another game and actually won because she didn't post and everyone jumped on her for it; seems unlikely that she'd be alien in both, though, and even if she is Diego then she's just about confirmed as inactive. This continued refusal to post even after being prompted several times is really bugging me, because for the life of me I can't think of a good reason unless she's just given up or miraculously is alien again and Butterfree is lying/somehow mistaken. Argh.

I will then stand by my nomination of Dannichu.

also: we do not know if the roleblocker exists, but if it does, it is alive; and the dayblocker is definitely alive, as evidenced by vixie's silence.

This continued refusal to post even after being prompted several times is really bugging me, because for the life of me I can't think of a good reason unless she's just given up or miraculously is alien again and Butterfree is lying/somehow mistaken. Argh.

She needs to sit at the bottom of very cold stairs to get internet. Or did until recently, at any rate.

...Wait, there have been three nights. Fail. I was thinking of night two, because some games start with night zero. So there could have been a healer clash last night after all.

I will then stand by my nomination of Dannichu.

also: we do not know if the roleblocker exists, but if it does, it is alive; and the dayblocker is definitely alive, as evidenced by vixie's silence.

How exactly do we know this? Ron and Atmey both flip innocent regardless of chosen alignment, and one of them could very easily have been Apollo/Klavier's target or been targeted by Alita night one. Or am I missing something?

She needs to sit at the bottom of very cold stairs to get internet. Or did until recently, at any rate.

That would explain the general infrequency of posts; it would not explain, at least not so readily, why she was online to post a victory smiley in Glee Mafia, viewed the AAMafia thread at that time, and then still didn't even say so much as "I'm here, sorry guys, don't lynch me and I'll try to contribute later".

How exactly do we know this? Ron and Atmey both flip innocent regardless of chosen alignment, and one of them could very easily have been Apollo/Klavier's target or been targeted by Alita night one. Or am I missing something?

right, they flip innocent. but still, manipulation of lynch abilities is never good for the town, especially when they've been silencing the better players, so we at least know that we have a mafia dayblocker around unless they got healerclashed this morning. eh, we'll know tomorrow in any case.

Also I decided that mafia-aligned variables will present as mafia.

Like previously said, it's extremely likely that there's one Mafia variable. But I'm not sure why it's likely that the Mafia have a roleblocker.

Oh, right, I forgot that. Never mind, then; I do agree about mafia dayblocker, anyway.

Wait, Butterfree, you seem to have left out what you asked on the third night, now that I've realized that there was one.

I asked again if Diego had been activated, hence why I could tell you that with confidence today.

Anyway, I have to agree with Kratos; I know Diego isn't active, and if she's been around and seen the thread but not posted, that has to count as suspicious. :/ I vote Dannichu.

Conversation was quick to begin, this time around. From a starting point of 'how could it happen?' to 'who could have done it?', people kept their wits and logic about them, but were still resolved to find someone they could exact revenge upon. Three innocent deaths would not go unpunished.

A few names arose, as in times before. Mike the Foxhog was the first one, but after swallowing his fear and declaring he was okay with self-sacrifice for the good of the team, the citizens became uneasy, and sought another outlet for their frustration. Dannichu, she could be it! After Dannichu raised no objection nor comment, one wary man suggested, Well, perhaps Butterfree?

After these names were decided upon, it was already sundown, and people prepared to put their choices to vote as usual. But Butterfree balked at the accusation, and soon the citizens were speaking over each other, debating the relative merits and consequences of each action. It wasn't until the full moon had risen high into the sky that the final judgement was declared: Dannichu would be the one to die.

Even still, she made no rebuttals, simply listening to the discussion wearing a tight-lipped smile. A few of the group standing around her shared sideways glances. "W-well...?" one prompted her.

She smiled.

A single shot rang out.

Dannichu slumped backwards in the booth, wearing a smile and a fresh bullet wound in the center of her forehead.

Everyone looked behind them, watching a woman holding a long-barrelled golden pistol, her hands shaking. "I had to do it," she mumbled. "I had to, I had to, she's a killer; you all see that, right?" Her words became increasingly frantic, sounding as if she were trying to convince herself more than the others. "She's them, she's one of them, she's a murderer!"

Slowly, heads turned back to face the woman's body, and a few of the group slowly nodded. This woman, Dannichu, had said nothing at all, and yet was the most guilty one they had yet seen.

Dannichu is dead. She was mafia.

Forty-eight Seventy-two hou One hundred eight minutes for night actions. >:( wtfever

Last edited:

What? I've viewed the thread... there are more than one... I... sent in a night action too...

After the previous eventful day, the night seemed to last ages as the citizens fell into a thick, unrefreshing sleep. Finally, one by one, the citizens groaned awake in the morning. (Except for Hidan, who slept in because he was /up talking during the night/. >( But he got up eventually.)

Within a few hours, the citizens, through phones and coming across one another in the street, coalesced into their familiar group in front of the courtroom. It was more familiar than expected, actually... All who had left Trés Bien that night had returned the next day. This was good news, to be sure, but... for the second time? Now that they had proof of the mafia's existence, the citizens had to wonder... just what were they up to?

No one has died.

Forty-eight hours for voting and discussion.

Last edited:

I don't think this is as panic-inducing as it seems on first glance. We know there was no active alien yesterday, and I don't think it's that likely there is now. Why? Well, yesterday Butterfree made herself a prime target for the mafia - but equally, she made herself a prime target for healers. I think it's extremely likely both the mafia and one of the healers targeted her. This might suggest that the other healer is dead (since she didn't die of overdose), or decided not to target her out of fear of causing an overdose.

Either way, I think this explanation is likelier than any other.

if the alien's not active, then that means we can safely lynch today. my suspicions are on res for being generally cryptic. (yes, I know res always is, but goddamn would it be such a problem to not be cryptic for once)

if the alien's not active, then that means we can safely lynch today. my suspicions are on res for being generally cryptic. (yes, I know res always is, but goddamn would it be such a problem to not be cryptic for once)

Honestly I think it would be worth lynching him just so we don't have to worry about his quintuple bluffs any more.

No deaths, DEATHS EVERYWHERE, no deaths! This is a very bipolar game of mafia.

RIGHT, so here's what I'm thinking (it does not actually mean anything, it is just my train of thought):

• After Butterfree's last resort to save her skin last night, she made a claim to be Oracle, an incredulously powerful role. Normally, mafia like to claim simple roles like Doctor, which would be easier to hide.
  • Therefore, if the mafia were intelligent, Butterfree would practically be target #1 as she, assuming she is oracle, can divulge more information regarding the mafia's activity than anyone else.
  • However, she is still alive. This could mean one of three things: mafia of questionable intelligence; healed by Pal or Guy, but not both; or Butterfree is actually mafia and would obviously not target herself.

I'm not actually accusing her for the time being, but I am genuinely curious as to how she is still alive. Would any doctors like to claim healing Butterfree?

Back
Top Bottom