• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ace Attorney Mafia [mafia victoly!]

I think polls are neat do you think polls are neat!!

• arroz con poll-o

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • a-poll-o justice

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • poll-iwrath

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • give a hoot, don't poll-ute

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Re: Ace Attorney Mafia

...? I don't follow. Could you explain your reasoning better?

Since it's very unlikely for Ema to be dead, and nobody was put to sleep today, that means it was most likely due to a roleblock (and not a diversion). If res is really the roleblocker, whoever they targeted is most likely Ema.

I can tell you with 100% confidence that Lamiroir is dead and had died prior to last night.
Also, Leafpool, it's no use coming in to make statements like that if you aren't going to claim. Explain?
Also this, please; as Butterfree claimed to be Lamiroir earlier and I'm not 100% convinced she is, this could be crucial.

Also this, please; as Butterfree claimed to be Lamiroir earlier and I'm not 100% convinced she is, this could be crucial.

Um... no she didn't? Walker did, and then he died.

Um... no she didn't? Walker did, and then he died.
<Vixie> ... oh
<Vixie> Elise
<Vixie> and Lamiroir
<Vixie> are not the same person, Vix
<Vixie> excuse me while I go bang my head on a wall

NO WONDER I AM SO CONFUSE

also this multiple-thread business is making my head hurt

I think you're also confused about the fact that Ema is a nightblocker, not a dayblocker.

I'm happy to believe you. What's your proof for it, by the way?

Also, Leafpool, it's no use coming in to make statements like that if you aren't going to claim. Explain?

right, yeah, I was waiting for someone to ask for my proof before I posted it because I didn't want to post when it could make me a mafia target immediately :x

Walker was Lamiroir, yes. I'm Maya and channeled Walker last night so :x

...well, that's kind of a moot point, then, isn't it? Sure, "Lamiroir" is dead, but instead we have another player who functions exactly like Lamiroir instead. Who's to say the mafia didn't target you? Or wait, does channeling happen after the mafia's move?

Or wait, does channeling happen after the mafia's move?

the role description's kind of vague about it... I would kind of assume it would, which is part of the reason why I decided to mention that I knew Lamiroir was dead. (If channeling occurs beforehand, though, then I just added unnecessary complications to the game by pointing this out! I am so smart :B)

res would have to be claiming Ema, though. The only other possible nightblockers are Ron and Atmey (barring channeler, but it claimed day one and channeler couldn't have acted then), and res's posts have always questioned what both variables were doing. If res were one of the variables it would have no reason to ask about both--just one.

If you want me to claim, res, I will; I'd rather not over a little FOS, but I suppose if the rest of you think it would help then I'll cooperate. I have nothing to hide.

res would have to be claiming Ema, though. The only other possible nightblockers are Ron and Atmey (barring channeler, but it claimed day one and channeler couldn't have acted then), and res's posts have always questioned what both variables were doing. If res were one of the variables it would have no reason to ask about both--just one.
As Ron DeLite and having picked Ini Miney's clothing box, it is very assumable Luke Atmey is the dayblocker as nobody else (unless I'm mistaken which I am pretty sure this time I am not) possibly can be. In such a case, it is therefore assumable res is Ema.

if I had this information, I'd /still/ ask, just to throw people off. this is a useful piece of information for you.

as it happens, I actually am one of the variables, and I don't actually remember or care which one, and I will continue not to care until someone else claims the other one.

If you want me to claim, res, I will; I'd rather not over a little FOS, but I suppose if the rest of you think it would help then I'll cooperate. I have nothing to hide.

it's just my fos; I block twice before I start trying to get people lynched. /yes/ this is an indication of my night action! unless something else comes up.

is this sufficiently clear for your liking!

EDIT: this means there are probably three mafia left unless the one who chose dayblocker is an idiot. which isn't really a possibility we can rule out, but let's hope.

if I had this information, I'd /still/ ask, just to throw people off. this is a useful piece of information for you.

Actually, I am aware of this tactic. I could've worded that a little better, perhaps.

as it happens, I actually am one of the variables, and I don't actually remember or care which one, and I will continue not to care until someone else claims the other one.
Do you care now, then?

WAIT WAIT WAIT FOR ME DON'T GET ALL TRIGGER-HAPPY YET IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO FIND POSTS TO QUOTE

First, to gather/preserve some relevant posts in one convenient location, since some people might be like res and be too lazy to look a few posts above their own:

I will then stand by my nomination of Dannichu.

also: we do not know if the roleblocker exists, but if it does, it is alive; and the dayblocker is definitely alive, as evidenced by vixie's silence.

it's just my fos; I block twice before I start trying to get people lynched. /yes/ this is an indication of my night action! unless something else comes up.

is this sufficiently clear for your liking!

EDIT: this means there are probably three mafia left unless the one who chose dayblocker is an idiot. which isn't really a possibility we can rule out, but let's hope.

... oh really. Well that must mean Atmey picked Will Powers' Steak and res is (most likely) Ema.

As Ron DeLite and having picked Ini Miney's clothing box, it is very assumable Luke Atmey is the dayblocker as nobody else (unless I'm mistaken which I am pretty sure this time I am not) possibly can be. In such a case, it is therefore assumable res is Ema.

Bolding is mine. In summary:

res: one of the variables is a dayblocker.
Vixie: I'm Ron DeLite and I stole the clothing box.
res: I'm a variable.

Therefore, res is a dayblocker, not a roleblocker, according to its own train of thought/line of inquiry. Next:

right, they flip innocent. but still, manipulation of lynch abilities is never good for the town, especially when they've been silencing the better players, so we at least know that we have a mafia dayblocker around unless they got healerclashed this morning. eh, we'll know tomorrow in any case.

In summary:

res: the dayblocker is mafia.

...?

Now! If res wants to stand by the "I'm a roleblocker" comment, then either it or Vixie is lying and should be lynched. Off the top of our heads I'm sure we can all think of who's been a lot less helpful overall. Regardless of who you want to lynch, though, I would remind everyone that Butterfree did not ask about alien activation last night. Before we actually start voting for either of them, we need to see if we can narrow down what caused the no-kill.

I'll start by satisfying Vixie's earlier demand, then: I am Guy Eldoon. Surprise, surprise, right? I'll kill for this Midnight later. My targets were, in order, NWT, Vixie, Vixie again, sreservoir. I never protected Butterfree, partially because I still think the mafia would've left her alone, and partially because I didn't want to risk Pal not realizing that and end up clashing her. (Given that none of my targets are among the dead, and assuming that I wasn't distracted, I could not possibly have contributed to a healer clash the night before. Therefore, I can also give you "the triple-death was mafia kill + revenge kill + lovers" as an additional tidbit. The revenge kill has already triggered, so know that we can't count on it happening again.)

Now, we could also ask to hear from a few other roles (Pal, the real Ema, perhaps Trucy, or the real other variable if res is alien and intentionally being stupid). And I would like to hear from someone else with any insight into this, because... well... Diego.

Back
Top Bottom