• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ace Attorney Mafia [mafia victoly!]

I think polls are neat do you think polls are neat!!

• arroz con poll-o

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • a-poll-o justice

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • poll-iwrath

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • give a hoot, don't poll-ute

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Re: Ace Attorney Mafia

1287635956874.jpg
0d1287635956874j

Now, we could also ask to hear from a few other roles (Pal, the real Ema, perhaps Trucy, or the real other variable if res is alien and intentionally being stupid). And I would like to hear from someone else with any insight into this, because... well... Diego.

and sometimes when I am alien, I mention aliens just to make you think that an alien would try to avoid mention of an alien and think I'm mafia!

so the only information we have is: res claims to be roleblocker but is also softclaiming alien? walker claims to be useless. mafia is hard.

is that about it?

OKAY OKAY TWELVE-MINUTE NINJA: ...why randlynch when there are so many huge targets? and for all we know, we might be hitting alien!

EDIT-AGAIN: okay, maybe not so huge, but, still. my point about alien still stands.

EDIT: also hopefully we can safely lynch people today because the alien should be dead?

res seemed awfully hasty to denounce the first lack-of-kill due to alien activation when there were like zillions of other possibilities and he is being generally mindfucky in general. Withdrawing my vote now :\

Proposed plan of action, then:

1. Abstain.

2. Kristoph/Tigre/Wocky, if you know that res is not with you, target it.

3. Butterfree, ask about aliens.

4. I will protect Butterfree just in case the mafia are jerks who aren't as scared of Diego as they should be. Pal/anyone who has channeled Pal, if you are alive, for the love of god protect someone other than Butterfree or sreservoir. Any other player, I don't care who, but do not clash Butterfree and do not protect res from the mafia. (If I am somehow dead by the time this day phase ends, however, then you should protect Butterfree in my stead.)

5. Ema/anyone who has channeled Ema (or variable w/roleblock, just in case Vixie is lying), if you are alive, do not use your night action.

6. Trucy/anyone who has channeled Trucy, do not use your night action.

7. We wake up. If res is dead, problem definitively solved. If someone else is dead/no one is dead and Butterfree tells us Diego is active, repeat until res is gone (unless someone else can somehow magically prove that another player is Diego). If someone else is dead/no one is dead and Butterfree says Diego is inactive, then res is just careless mafia and should be lynched.

(If Leafpool is telling the truth and Butterfree's interpretation of Midnight's answer is correct then it's not likely that Pearl channeled a role that can interfere, but I want all the bases covered. JUST GENERALLY SPEAKING, ANYONE WHO CAN BLOCK/REDIRECT/OTHERWISE INTERFERE WITH NIGHT ACTIONS SHOULD SIT ON THEIR HANDS AND NOT DO ANYTHING TONIGHT.)

good plan y/n? Unless res comes back with an absolutely stellar defense, I'm missing something huge or someone else can think of a better lynch candidate (choose carefully!), I am going to abstain.

Last edited:

I like this plan, though I hope for your sake, Kratos, that Pal is alive. Abstaining.

Edit: Oh, and for the record, Midnight follows the Always Rule in Favour of the Alien mantra, meaning if de Killer were to blow up the alien, it would count as a day kill (i.e. a win) for the alien. That said, I do not suggest this route.

Last edited:

Duly noted, suggestion axed. De Killer, be quiet.

EDIT: And even if Pal isn't alive and the mafia kills me at some point (hint: not tonight, plz kill res), at least for tonight I can guarantee that Butterfree will live to give an alien/no alien result. That's my primary concern.

Last edited:

Mmm, though the numbers of the mafia are worrying, I'm going to agree and say Abstain; Kratos's plan looks pretty good.

Simply because I can't see any better logical route to go down, I'll agree with said plan and Abstain.

I've 4 things to say
1) O.O Wow. I'm waaaaay out of my league in this game
2) I agree with the plan
3) Abstain
4) In an extremely pathetic attempt to be at least a tiny bit helpful, res hasn't even posted a defense

...I am in love with this plan. Kratos, your brilliance never ceases to amaze me.
Abstain.

I would just like to add that this plan will hit a snag if someone else is active Diego and res is non-de Killer mafia. Obviously if res is still alive and the alien is active for too long then the game will stagnate/the mafia will have free reign to pick everyone else off one by one. I think it's more likely res is alien or Diego is inactive and res is mafia, but just in case, we shouldn't tunnel in on this and feel free to chuck it and try the plan/something similar with someone else if res doesn't die.

And Butterfree, if we do end up with a dead mafia in the morning at some point after any active alien result, on the following night do you think you could ask whether Diego is still alive just to double-check? I don't like the way this derails actual mafia-hunting either, and if you're confident enough that the alien is gone you can probably ask something a little more useful, but it would be nice to know whether we've gotten rid of him once and for all.

Last edited:

Well, if Diego is active, it has to be whoever the mafia targeted last night (since Diego wasn't active yesterday), so they'll have an easy time offing him, knowing that. :/ And if res is mafia and I find Diego is not active, we won't have to worry about that again unless Diego gets activated at some later point.

...which probably means it actually isn't res, then, since I protected it last night (unless I was roleblocked). So then I guess it's careless mafia? Meh, we'll see what happens.

I don't know how Midnight GMs, but I activate the alien even if it gets healed. After all, I'd be just as pissed if somebody shot me whether somebody else came along and healed me afterwards or not.

Maybe we should get confirmation on that?

Probably, yeah. And mafia, if res is actually one of you, Butterfree's right--re-target your target from last night if Butterfree gets an active result tonight.

EDIT @ Skylark: Actually, res hasn't viewed the thread since yesterday, so I don't think it knows all this has happened yet.

ookay I have to leave and will probably miss the end of day again (damn you Wednesday classes), so good luck!

I'm not really sure this is the best idea, but I suppose I will simplify things a little.

I healed Butterfree last night. Doesn't mean alien isn't active, but I reckon it reduces the odds a fair bit.

Probably, yeah. And mafia, if res is actually one of you, Butterfree's right--re-target your target from last night if Butterfree gets an active result tonight.
If nothing - just target whoever you targeted last night. (Unless it's me, which is pointless because I'm not the alien and Kratos is going to heal me anyway.)

EDIT: If opal healed me, that's great, but since it doesn't prove an alien isn't active, it's probably better to be safe than sorry and go with the plan anyway.

Last edited:

In fact I am certain enough that alien is inactive to nominate res.

I dislike this plan not the least of which is because it involves me getting killed, but:

1. if I'm not mafia, if the mafia targets someone else, you'll /still/ think I'm mafia because I didn't die and they just got two free kills!
2. Vixie is lying. I am Ron. Of course, I can't easily prove this, but. Wuld it convince you if Butterfree doesn't get an answer tonight due to roleblock?
3. Abstain I want to prolong my life as long as possible!

If you're innocent, you'll shut up and do as you're told and not roleblock. :| If I get blocked, we'll just consider that confirmation you're mafia-aligned Ron. Further, why didn't you mention that you're supposedly Ron when Vixie originally claimed Ron?

Incidentally, maybe we should modify my question. If there might be an activated alien, the mafia will get rid of them tonight, and I could ask a question that could get to the bottom of some of this hurricane of claims. (I already have one in mind.)

Back
Top Bottom