• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Are you right-handed or left-handed?

Hmmmmm!?

• Right-handed.

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • Left-handed.

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Ambidextrous.

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters
I am pretty much ambidextrous because I can use any of my hands to perform many tasks. However, my writing is predominantly right-handed, but I can write decently with my left (and it's slow ._.;). When it comes to use utensils, I am comfortable with both hands.

I'm left-handed, which makes writing particularly annoying giving that although with a fountain pen my handwriting isn't too bad, it smudges incredibly, and with most other types of pen my handwriting seems to be inherently crap. I'd show you what I meant if I had a scanner to hand, but I don't (I can't find the cable that attaches it to a USB port).

Right, but I wish I was ambi, because I always feel bad for my left hand - that it doesn't get enough attention and exercise XP

Ambidextrous, but I don't ever use my left hand, unless there's something wrong with my right hand.

Why is it that right handedness is more common than left handedness?

I'm left handed, but pretty much the only thing I do with my left hand is write. I use utensils with my right hand (if I remember correctly), I raise my right hand when I have a question, etc.

I'm right handed, and I have severe difficulties with my left hand. I try to write and it comes out as a scribble with zero legibility. My left hand is mainly used for typing, grabbing, and playing music. :(

Ambidextrous, but I don't ever use my left hand, unless there's something wrong with my right hand.

Why is it that right handedness is more common than left handedness?

Because I damn well said so. D:<

Actually nobody's totally sure. Maybe it's genetic or something and it's because of all that witch-burning. :o

Surprisingly, I only recently found out I'm ambi. I right with my right hand, but I do the majority of the things with my left concerning anything with force. My left hand is just stronger.

However, I do use my right hand for things like grabbing, and eating and things. Even though my grip is better too on my left hand. It's strange because up until a few years ago I used my right hand for everything. :3

Right handed~
Can't use my left hand for anything; it's so much weaker than my right.

I suppose it's kind of lucky that I'm a lefty, considering that I play the bassoon and there are an ungodly amount of left-hand thumb keys on the bassoon (the crook key, C♯ key, A key, B/C/(D) key, D key (which is optional but seems fairly common), low D key, low C key, low B key, and the low B♭ key) which I have no idea how I would reach if I was no good with my left hand. Then again, there are a few awkward keys for my right hand (the G♯ key and alternate F♯ key come to mind), but fortunately nowhere near as many as there are for the left hand.

I am ambidextrous, but I'm well out of practise with my left. I write cursive better with my right. I'm stronger with my left, and I can only write neat in print with my left.

Back
Top Bottom