• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Art... Thread?

Oh my. Your art is lovely! This is my first time taking a peek inside, but your art is awesome Mhals. :3 I really like your sketch style - it gives each picture a nice, almost old look. I know that hardly sounds like a compliment, but it makes it look like every single picture you do look detailed and well thought out. You do really nice poses, and seem to do a great job when dealing with requests. :D And of course, the crossovers are just amazing. I mean seriously. Wicked!Edgeworth just sent me into a fit of giggles. XD

So uh, I SHALL BE WATCHING FROM NOW ON. :3

Oh Mhals, you can make anything demented! (Which, of course, is a compliment! It is a special talent which I do lack.) I've never seen a creepier Pikachu! But that's good, because it's so delightfully evil.

The Eevee does look really abstract. Actually, its legs sort of look like a deer's. And that's awesome and very unique, because I've never quite seen anybody draw an Eevee like that before!

I just took the time to giggle my head off ad the PW/Wicked pic again and I really like the shading and details on Edgey's skirt.

And Eevee was an awesome choice to draw creepified, just because everyone and their mother chibifies it (I'm probably more guilty than anyone) and it gives the poor thing the chance to look slightly scary for once :3

I know right, I feel like Eevee is one of the most disgustingly-I-want-to-throw-up-now-cute pokemon and I feel really bad for it, so I wanted to draw it evil. I really like evil-Eevee, too, maybe I'll draw more. 8D

Actually I am drawing more evil pokemon, too. (well... not evil, more like just mean and fierce. Kimbo-demonica is my HERO for making pokemon seriously creepy and evil. It's completely awful of me to post this in my art thread because these are NOT MINE NOT MINE NOT MINE, but her stuff is awesome: Origin Giratina, Rayquaza, Palkia, Manectric vs. Haunter, Suicune... and that is all I can find for now, but I HIGHLY reccommend looking at her other stuff because she is pure awesome. I'm kind of steeling her ideas for fiercifying pokemon, and of course mine are nothing in comparison, but they are are still fun~)

And, uh. Oh right! Thank you so much everyone, I love when people comment, you guys rock~~

PS: Sorry about not having anything new; I usually try not to post without something but, uh, I'm not doing that now.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with Dannichu! Gee, I never thought that Eevee could look so... it makes me think of The Nightmare Before Christmas for some reason. That's what your style reminds me of.

You know, I'd like to see you make Azurill creepy. Now that would be something really amazing. :D

Well thanks~ I'm glad you like my creepified cute pokemon because they make me really happy, too. I did especially like Eevee, as well, because it was more... different than usual. Pikachu was creepy but it was pretty much a normal Pikachu, just with a creepy face. Eevee was more, uh, different than it usually is.

AND ARYLETT, I ROSE TO YOUR CHALLENGE~
8D

I drew a seriously awesome Azurill, I love it and think it's the most adorable thing ever, but my sense of adorable is a little bit... skewed, maybe. Unfortunately, I'm away from my house and scanner right now, so I can't post it, but I like it so much I just had to tell you about it. I'm also drawing the Johto starters evillish, and they look pretty cool but I really like the Azurill.

In other news, and because I like to ramble, apparently I'm losing my touch for coloring things quickly, because coloring these evil pokemon takes FOREVER. For-ev-ver. It's irritating. They come out alright, but it really shouldn't take me as long as it does to color them. -_-

Ah, it's okay. Takes me forever to colour things too. (Maybe I'm just lazy though. Every five minutes when I'm sitting down and drawing something, I go off somewhere. I'm easily distracted.)

YES, MHALS ROSE TO THE CHALLENGE, ARYLETT CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT~
:D

Argh, me too. And when I'm coloring, I can't color one part fully, I go back and forth between different parts and it's the most inefficient thing ever. DX
Lots (though some are unfinished) of pictures~

I named her Talia <3 <3
azurilleviiiils1.jpg

I think it speaks for itself. I actually really like it which is quite rare. I also am in the middle of coloring the Johto starters, creepified. Totodile was a bitch to color, even doing lazy crosshatchey scales, and I dunno if Cyndaquil is evil enough, pretty much the only thing I changed was how weird its eye is and the fire on its back is going to be burning really unclean-ly, with a lot of smoke, but meh. Chicorita I just made all spindly and deadlegged like I did with Eevee. Although Chicorita's legs are really dead-looking.

Danni, I don't even want to post this after looking at it scanned, I have SO MANY fixes to make, but I was taunting you so I feel like it would be unfair or me not to post it. More PW/Wicked. I hate Edgeworth so much now (not really, just drawing him) because I can't draw his hair, his face, anything to make him actually look like himself and GOD HE IS SO BAD IN THIS WHAT DO I FIX. In the actual Wicked poster, Elphaba's hat is covering most of her face, so I had to change things and arrrrrrrrgh. Also Phoenix is too far away and I don't know what do do about that. Oh god so much to fix in this and I don't even know how. Help me someoooone~

I like the lettering, though. And the idea.

Finally, we have stupidity in the form of a Mhals-fursona-thing:
mhalmoles1.jpg

Yes it's a mole. I'm just cool like that, because everyone has wolves or dragons or other canines for their animal-selves and quite frankly it makes me kind of angry. Also I'm not cool enough to be a wolf, I think small boring animals fit me better.

Eehee, I love it~
Which bit? Honestly, all of them. You're so damn good at the whole creepy thing; that Totodile is amazing and the Azurill will give me nightmares, I'm sure.
I can't wait to see the finished Johto pic, and I'm sure the other starters will look equally amazing in your style (the Hoenn ones most of all, I think). *hint*

The Wicked poster... is awesome X3 I had to try so hard not to laugh because it's 1:30 and I didn't want to wake people up ^^'

Aww, Mhaladiemole is so cuuute~ I especially like the hair and the star nose X3
Moles and aardvarks are better than dragons and wolves anyway >D

Oh the Azurill (and your response to it~) makes me so happy. Talia, I think I might just have to draw you again later. :D

God Danni, you're going to make me draw the other starters evil-ified too? They take so long to color aaaaaaa
Nah, don't feel bad, I was planning on doing them anyway. But since you mentioned it, I can do the Hoenn ones first, I was going to draw the Kanto ones next but they'll both get done either way, so Hoenn first it is~

And thank youuuu, both Danni andd Tiggy. <3

I like Mhaladiemole's hair, too. I gave myself a blue streak in my hair because I think it's nice in theory.. in practice it would probably look stupid and not work at the same time, but it looks good in a picture. And I love mole star-noses. X3

And sorry to anyone who's looked at this and doesn't really know about Wicked, the poster for the musical looks like this, and the picture with Phoenix and Edgeworth is a parody of that. Unfortunately it's ridiculously off and I'm really glad you like it, Dannichu, I kind of drew it with you in mind. Actually what am I talking about, I draw everything even slightly related to Wicked with you in mind.

(Still, though, anyone know what I can do to fix, it? Seriously I need help. Please?)

EDIT: Danni, you can draw some neutral-ish pokemon really cute and then I can draw it really creepy and we can post them one after the other, like you can post yours to weaken their defenses and then mine can be right after it, and we can SCAR PEOPLE FOR LIFE. 8D
Oh we should totally do that.

...No, I'm not crazy what are you talking about.

Danni, you can draw some neutral-ish pokemon really cute and then I can draw it really creepy and we can post them one after the other, like you can post yours to weaken their defenses and then mine can be right after it, and we can SCAR PEOPLE FOR LIFE. 8D
Oh we should totally do that.

Venonat.

Now.

Oh wow, that Azurill is completely unrecognizable. YOU DEFEATED THE CHALLENGE MHALS. :D

And I love Totodile, so creepy, yet cool.

You and Dannichu will scar people for life, oh what a plan! XD

we can SCAR PEOPLE FOR LIFE. 8D

It's always the ones you least expect :o

Hum I've been exceedingly lazy in not posting here. I need to stop lurking people's art threads, yes I do.

So! There's far too much stuff in this thread that I like and I cannot remember it all, but I know that I nearly always start giggling at your PW crossovers (especially the I'll Cover You one XD (oh and the one with Edgeworth in Galinda!drag)), and ahhhh I love both your colouring (it's so smooooth) and your designs, they're all detailed and awesome~ The creepified pokemon are disturbing (but again, well designed) - the Azurill in particular is so, so wrong. But weirdly fascinating. o.o The Eevee made me think of a deer for some reason; it's probably the legs. Also, I really like the, uh, 'Beast' one? The one where he seems to be eating salad. It made me think of Doctor Dillamond, even though I know he's not humanoid. And doesn't really look like that, but hey~ It looks good anyway.

My ramble seems to be over but I know there's heaps of things I've forgotten D: Keep drawing, anyways.

P.S. Oh, that thing with all the teeth (I can't seem to remember his name, the one on the page before) is scarier than all the creepy pokemon. Seriously. '~'

"The one with the teeth"... The Mouth of Sauron? Ehehe, he is too creepy, I love him so much~
And thank youuuuu! Glad you like my coloring, I've been, uh, working on it more and it takes a ridiculously long time even though it really shouldn't but I'm glad it looks good. :3

I'm really loving people's responses to the Azurill still, too. XD

Walker: Will do Venonat, too, and maybe Dannichu will also draw a cute one to go with it. 8D

So anyway, I was talkking with Arylett a little and it made me want to draw something Digimon-y, and because I can't remember off the top of my head what any of them look like, I drew Rika and Jeri because they're adorable. I actually couldn't really remember what they looked like at all and I had no references, I think I'm going to check on that right after I make this post. Rika's legs are kind of short and Jeri's pose was hellish to draw (I think I wrote that on the picture) but it was fun.

Hehe, I actually watched the entire third series of Digimon on Youtube a while back, because I'm just cool like that. It's embarassing to say, but I like it so there.

Yay, Rika and Jeri! They're my two favourite characters in that series. (I watched the whole series too, except I watched it on TV. So I'm cool like that too, XD) They're really quite good, for not having any references. And I LOVE Jeri's pose, it's very unique.

Hurrhur I drew Jeri's hair and dress wrong. It's ok though; I was sort of close and I hadn't seen it in forever, so I, um, have an excuse. It looks like it would be easy to draw Jeri's pose now, when I look at it. Makes me wonder why I had so much trouble, but I guess it's just more difficult than it looks. DX

And I pair them off usually even though there is nearly no canon basis for it (other than them being friends sorta and Rika being nice to her even when she's mean to everyone else, etc etc) just because I can. I want to draw more Digimon-ish things now, too, which is a little bit bad because if I get back into drawing those, I'll have that and my PW obsession AND my growing KHR intrest and I won't know what fandom to draw from or I might just cross them all over.

PW/KHR/Digimon? HAHAHAHA.

Plus I want to draw more evil pokemon, too. So much to draw and so... much time but I am oh-so-lazy.

More PW/Wicked stupidity.
Just a sketch that I will never finish.

I've been playing the first PW game lately, and seriously, when Powers said at the end of 1-3 something to the effect of... well, that, I so thought Phoenix should have said that. It would have made sense, too! So I had to draw it.

PS: Powers' hair is more terrible to draw than Phoenix's, also I need to draw some Digimon and finish the Jeri/Rika picture.

Back
Top Bottom