• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Art... Thread?

XD Hurr at the above. That line never gets old anyway, but that picture (particularly Phoenix's expression - his eyes and eyebrows *giggle*) makes it even better. Ehe. I love the other guy's hair, too - he's Powers, I assume - it's all spiky and hedgehoggy and cool :D It may have been a nightmare to draw, but it came out great.

Hum, the Rika/Jeri picture is good too. I love how realistic you make everything; it works especially well on humans (which was what made the "Dannichu's Grand Day Out" (or, uh, whatever it was called) a while back look so great). I like both Rika's haaaaair (looks just right) and Jeri's pose, though Rika must have some kind of super strength back to be able to prop her up without collapsing. :P The other odd thing about it is that their arms are all sort of bendy or floppy and it looks a little strange; but then again, Jeri's pose is awkward and folded arms are always a pain, so maybe it's just this picture. Rika's top half might be a little long in comparison to her legs, too, but it's not really noticeable. It's just because I was looking at it for ages trying to offer something more than my usual art forum posts of "Yay your art is awesome :D"

... It's just it is awesome.

XD Yaaaay~ I agree that it's the best line in the history of ever. And Phoenix's expression is perfect X3
Will has very silly hair (as does Nick), so well done on making it look good :D

I don't know the Digimon characters very well, but I like the face shapes and the way you draw hair and realistic eyes, but I agree that the arms look a little more flexible than they should, especially Jeri's. The pose is hellish and she otherwise looks really great, but the arms could do with looking a little less bendy.

Hehe, I felt like I had to do that line when I heard him say that. And um, I know what you mean about the arms in the Digimon picture, especially Jeri's, I don't know what's going on there. But thank you, both of you, I'm glad the realistic-y way I draw (sometimes, like in that picture) uh, works. :3

I really should finish that picture. As well as, um, 500 other pictures that are not even half-sketched and I haven't scanned for that reason. Why do I never finsh anything... DX

In other news: Why must I fail at computer art.

Faces and hair that I draw usually have to be corrected and re-corrected on paper, and you really can't do that as easily on the computer. Thus the EXTREMELY WEIRD face/hair. I don't even want to think about coloring this, because block shading requires an actual knowledge of light sources and how shadows fall and stuff, which I obviously lack. Well, I mean, I guess not obviously, I'm ok at covering it up in the end products, but I always screw up on shading and if you look closely at any picture I've colored you can see how screwy it is with the shading and inconsistent light source and aaaaaaa

Maybe I'll try, though. It looks so cool when it's done well. :(

Wow, it really helps knowing who these 'Phoenix' and 'Edgeworth' people are, which I now do!

I really like that demented Azurill, and the Johto starters; I particularly like the crosshatchy shading on the Totodile for some reason. Also your Fursona is pretty cool, especially since it's not the typical canine or dragon you tend to see a lot of. :B Also Digimon and KHR fandoms, yay?! Jeri's hellish pose looks quite uncomfortable but I really like how you drew Rika's face for some reason.

Ah, I'm trying to get good with CG too. I can't even do an initial sketch on the computer though; I have to draw it out on paper and then scan it. It'd also probably help if I had better art programs than PSP7 and MSPaint. Where did that CD that came with my tablet go? ...Anyway, your lines on the CG'ed picture are particularly good. Tapered-off lines often take people a while to discover, myself included. D: Block shading is a pain, I agree, but it does look great when it works out.

Hey, that Edgey is waaaay better than anything I could manage on the computer. Like anything else, it just takes practice to get better, and I think he looks great now anyway. Of course, he'll look even better when he's finished. :3

Am I the only person here who hasn't played any of this "Phoenix Wright"? (Probably. XD Oh when Dannichu sees this post~)

But even if I don't know who the people are, I'll still comment! Your computer art isn't that bad at all! It's really good, I probably couldn't do a human that good on my computer.

Your humans are quite good though. Very nice and realistic. :D

Thank youuuuu~
I may yet finish that picture of Edgeworth. I've been away, so I haven't been drawing a whole lot, but I do have a few things:
allies1.jpg

This is a person I met recently, Allie (if you couldn't figure it out from the picture) and they're drawn from photos. Very badly. They don't look like her. This, and this are the pictures I was copying from, I'm trying to get better at this, shhh.

I like this one, but it will remain unfinished as I gave it to someone:
lochnessthingfixs1.jpg

Mhalsy ('s art thread) liiiiives :D

Hehe, it's so bad I saw the Allie pictures as Elphaba when I first saw them. I blame the hat entirely >.>
My computer's doing that thing where it won't let me open new tabs/windows so I can't see the original pictures, but the sketeches you did are lovely and I envy your realism-drawing abilities immensely. Especially noses and ears, which I just hate doing.

The colouring on the whateveritis is absolutely amazing. It's a terrible shame it'll never be finished, but the colouring and shading on it as it is now is pretty stunning.

Oh wow, look at that! Your humans are excellent as always. No seriously, it's very good. The realism of Allie is incredible. Almost looks like you drew a portrait of her.

And look at that whateveritis! I really like the nose and the colouring. The colours are beautiful.

Thanks~
I guess the pictures of Allie are alright, taken by themselves, but they just bothered me somewhat because they don't look like her. And... what are you talking about, Dannichu, I didn't even draw her ears. And I suppose it was a bit of a portrait... kind of~
Except I think if I was drawing a real portrait, the person I was drawing would get really frustrated because it takes me so long to draw people right. XD

I quite liked the colors on the loch-ness-ey thing, too. :3

Drew a picture of Kyubimon:
kyubimon0003s1.jpg

Her tail was a nightmare to draw and the pose is a bit off, somehow.. the placement of her paws or something.

Wow, that Kyubimon is amazing. No seriously, look at that pose. And the tails are wonderous~

Only thing, the back leg's a little... off. I can't really explain it, it just looks off.

(God, I suck at commenting.)

Ahh~ Kyubimon has sprung to being one of my favorites of your drawings. It's so pretty and it shows off your feline/canine drawing ability, and your colouring (I despise colouring in yellow, so *impressed*). The only thing I can see wrong with the pose is that the front legs are sort of... twisted a bit in comparison to the upper body. But no matter it's gorgeous~

And um the realistic-ness of the Allie drawings is pretty cool... I want that hat she has. Also it's a shame you couldn't finish that whateveritis, it's really sleek and graceful and the colours are all blended and shiny... couldn't you print it out or something and finish it? ^^;

moles are not boring >|
mhalstuffs are very pretty/very funny/very cute, often all at once. Your art - it's quite good~
can you really turn anything into dannichu by adding a rainbow scarf?

can you really turn anything into dannichu by adding a rainbow scarf?

You really, really can. Trust me, I've tried.
Dannitoaster :D

D'aww, Kyuubimon is cute and awesome in equal measures. I especially how you managed to get all the tail in without them looking silly, something I can never manage when drawing Ninetales, and the pose is cool and the candycane thing around her neck makes me laugh (I know it's part of the character design, but it still looks funny).

Thank you, guys! <3

I quite liked how Kyubimon came out, too, and I agree with you, Dannichu, her candy cane thing around her neck is pretty ridiculous. In a cool way, though! And her tails were a nightmare, I'm glad they came out looking okay and not really stupid.

Definitely you can turn anything into Dannichu by adding a rainbow scarf.

I'm glad my people-drawing (or.... well, copying) skills are okay, too. Unfortunately when I draw non-referenced people they turn out odd, but that's okay, I'm working on it. Speaking of non-referenced people, I sketched this one out pretty quickly (half an hour, maybe? Maybe more, actually, but there are a lot of people) and it seems pretty alright to me:

The Cell Block Tango--Ace Attorney style!
cellblockpws1.jpg

If you haven't seen it, it's this number from Chicago. I've been away for a while, on a vacation that involved long car rides, and I was listening to a lot of music and staging Phoenix Wright videos for each song in my head. This would be so fun to animate, but, uh, I have no idea how, and it would be veeeeery difficult. Maybe I'll learn how to and then do this later.

Anyway, they're mostly kind of spindly and weird, I was trying to stylize them and it came out kind of eh, but it's ok and I kind of like it. I need to figure out how to keep people semi-realistic but stylized enough so it doesn't take me forever to draw, and I'm still working on it, so.

In my head, most of these Phoenix Wright musical things would be like... the characters are putting on a production of the show, not like they're actually that character, so some of the people are cast as people that they aren't necessarily like, just people that would be fun for them to play. ;)

He had it coming~ He had it coming~ :D

Chicago is awesome. <3 I don't really know what the Phoenix Wright characters look like, so I can't really tell you if it's accurate or not. But I can say that your people drawing skills ARE awesome. I like the way you do faces, it's really quite distinctive.

There's only one problem: The dresses of the two girls saying "Six" and "Uh-huh" are sort of flat. And there's really no curves or rumples or anything in the material, you know what I'm saying? It's just too... straight.

But seriously, Chicago! Oh, that movie's awesome. :D

Thank you! I've actually never seen Chicago, but I really really need to because I've heard it's awesome and I love the songs. I know, Trucy and Dahlia (Six and Uh-uh) are kind of flat, I was trying to make Dahlia really thin and Trucy... young, or something, but their clothes do need more folds or something. Thanks, though, I'm glad my people-drawing skills are getting better. :3

Speaking of people-drawing, I was reading Twilight yesterday (it's pretty awful) and all the het-pairing-ness of it made me make up some OCs who are all gay and it was good. I was going to do some romance art meme about two of them, but I got lazy. I might finish it later, but eh. I drew this, though, which just shows them...
Katrina and Lilianna:
katrinaliliannals1.jpg

I kind of screwed up Lilianna's face when I inked it, she's supposed to be kind of odd-looking but in a cute way, not all demented like she is there. Maybe she's close to werewolf-time or something. The werewolf-thing is actually mostly in her head, but she does get more disheveled-looking around that time, so.

Will post something more substantial later.

Chiiiicago~ Yet another musical I desperately want to see (I've seen the movie version, though, and Avenue Q is definately topping the list of musicals I want to see - actually, RENT's at the very top, but it's not on anywhere anymore and hey look I'm rambling). Fran, Mia and Ema look the best, I think.

I laugh in the face of het. Making up your own OCs is pretty nifty, though; I hope to see more of these two because they look/sound awesome :3 I really like how you drew Katrina's face for some reason.

Thanks, and maybe I'll draw more of Lilianna and Katrina. For spur-of-the-moment creations, I like them quite a bit. :3

Because I love Avenue Q and this part of this song fits Hobo!Phoenix perfectly:
hoboslifesuckss1.jpg

Kinda off but it took like 10 minutes. See, this is why I never finish my sketches. They take 10 minutes, and then to color them it takes like an hour. -_-

Back
Top Bottom