• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Awards 2010

Incidentally, would 'Best Fakemon' only count things that have been officially approved and are thus available for purchase, or would it count anything that's been declared 'passable' (that is to say, my ones)?
Only ones that have been approved.

I'm wondering what the criteria is for the "Best New ASBer" award. Is it solely opinion based, or does it have to do with battling/skill/active-ness,etc?
These are all opinion-based. Whoever you think is the best ASB player who's joined within the past year, for whatever reason.

"Most improved veteran"?
Why do you think we need this in addition to "most improved battler?"

What about Best Nickname?

I personally think Sig Move and Attribute should be separate.
Yeah, best nickname is already there, and if there are enough nominations to justify splitting the sig move/sig attribute category into two I'll do so.

Would "best fakemon" be divided up into time periods, the way "best newcomer" is? This first time it'd probably be okay to nominate from everything submitted so far, but assuming that the category returns next year would you limit it to fakemon submitted since the previous year's awards?

Yes, if it returns it will only apply to fakemon created since the last round of awards. In general the awards are taken to mean "Best xxx Since the Last Time We Had These." So "Best Sig Move/Attribute" is supposed to only include mods made during the previous year, and so on.

Yeah, best nickname is already there, and if there are enough nominations to justify splitting the sig move/sig attribute category into two I'll do so.

Well, I don't have any particular opinions on new awards, but I'd like to vouch for this idea. Attributes and Moves play a pretty significantly different part in the game as a whole, so I think it's quite worthwhile to split them into their respective categories.

Besides, there are plenty of signature moves and attributes around. I'm sure there are enough to give both prizes a solid list of nominations.

Split signature moves and attributes, then.

Best Battle Performance, for an outstanding victory in a battle.
We had that last year and it only got one nomination. I'll add it back in if some other people express interest... soon.

Not much time left for category discussion if there's anybody who's been sitting on something.

Well...I don't really know if this would fit or anything but...Most Helpful ASBer, like someone that has been very helpful to the other ASBers...I know, I'm not very good at this kind of thing...

Well...I don't really know if this would fit or anything but...Most Helpful ASBer, like someone that has been very helpful to the other ASBers...I know, I'm not very good at this kind of thing...
Hmm, sure, we can see how that goes.

Nominations are now open; PM me your nominations anytime before next Sunday. You can nominate any number of people/things you want in a category, and of course you don't have to come up with a nomination for every category if you don't want to. You cannot nominate yourself. I'll be adding nominations to the first post as they come in so you can see how things are coming along.

Also, although it's a bit too late to ask this: could there be a category for the best loss? As in, the loser being a really good battler.

Do the nicknames given to the claimed Isshu mons count for Best Nickname?
No, because they're not getting approved (and therefore not nicknamed) until next year sometime.

Does a battle have to be finished to be nominated for best battle?
Nope.

Also, although it's a bit too late to ask this: could there be a category for the best loss? As in, the loser being a really good battler.
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here. If the idea is to honor a really good battler who happened to lose, why not nominate them for "best battler?"

All right. Nominations are as you see them in the first post, and voting has begun. Please PM me your votes by this Sunday, the 2nd of October. You can vote for as many or few categories as you want, and you can vote for the same person, including yourself if applicable, in as many different categories as you'd like.

Back
Top Bottom