• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

Does healing "negate" the damage cap?

An example: The damage cap is 40%, and a Pokémon is struck by two attacks that cause 20% damage, then heals 5% off and is struck with 10% damage. What happens to the last 10%? Is it capped to 5%, or to 0%?

Does healing "negate" the damage cap?

An example: The damage cap is 40%, and a Pokémon is struck by two attacks that cause 20% damage, then heals 5% off and is struck with 10% damage. What happens to the last 10%? Is it capped to 5%, or to 0%?

It's capped at 0%. The damage cap indicates how much damage can be /caused/, not how much a Pokemon's overall HP can be lowered in a single round (did that make sense).

I feel like I should know this already.

If I evolve something with an item, is the item consumed? Or do I still have it? I.e. Reaper Cloth, Water Stone, etc.

It is.

Also note that if you try to evolve something that needs an item (water stone for eevee, metal coat for onix) and it's not actually holding the appropriate item, the evolution will fail.

The damage and energy guide has been modified slightly; it is now recommended that the STAB damage bonus be applied before stat boosts and drops are taken into account, rather than after.

In addition, a calculator is now available for the scale.

eeeeeee calculator :3

Now I can get to work applying for referee. Or something.

Thanks!

How do cottonee get around? Do they just... hop around, float, or what? I don't see them listed as either inherently hovering/flying or consentually hovering/flying, but I don't think they have legs.

Would a Pokemon be able to move a bit while using Protect? Or more specifically, would a levitating Pokemon be able to stop levitating and just drop to the ground while using Protect?

No. Protect (and endure, and detect) requires all the user's concentration; it can't do anything else while it's using the move.

Back
Top Bottom