• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

How could that be explained with Fissure though? Do they come out of the chasm? And does Sheer Cold freeze then, or does it just melt away?

Hmm? It works the same as for all damage caps. You would be able to climb out of a fissure, yes, or survive flash-freezing.

Does this mean that once revisions are done, attacks + a priority move would be normal priority or would it just cease to be?

The priority of the combo is the same as the priority of the attack with the highest base power out of those being used in the combo. So, thief + quick attack would still be as fast as quick attack; fire punch + quick attack would have normal priority.

Back to Feint + Mach Punch; if the opponent had Protect up, thereby increasing Feint's base power, would it be at the priority of 50 BP Feint (as opposed to Mach Punch's 40 BP), and at Mach Punch's priority if Protect is not up (30 BP Feint vs. 40 BP Mach Punch)?

Feint's power is not increased based on whether or not the foe is detecting or protecting; feint always has 50 power. So if combined with mach punch, the attack will always be as fast as feint.

In Gen 4, Feint had 50 BP and only worked if the foe was using Protect/Detect. In Gen 5, it was changed to work when the foe was using Protect/Detect, but at decreased power, down to 30 BP.

I did the research on this when I used it as a weaker Quick Attack to priority-kill in a battle of mine.

In Gen 4, Feint had 50 BP and only worked if the foe was using Protect/Detect. In Gen 5, it was changed to work when the foe was using Protect/Detect, but at decreased power, down to 30 BP.

I did the research on this when I used it as a weaker Quick Attack to priority-kill in a battle of mine.
I know about the fact that it was changed to work consistently in Gen 5, but Smogon and veekun still list it as 50 BP. I guess I can unlazy and look it up in my actual game later, but if veekun is wrong on something I'm checking again I swear I'm going to switch to Legendarypokemon for good, or something, because this is getting ridiculous.

No, I mean now, could they be combined at Quick Attack's priority?
Yes

I know about the fact that it was changed to work consistently in Gen 5, but Smogon and veekun still list it as 50 BP. I guess I can unlazy and look it up in my actual game later, but if veekun is wrong on something I'm checking again I swear I'm going to switch to Legendarypokemon for good, or something, because this is getting ridiculous.

Switch to Bulbapedia!

My White Version says 30. veekun hasn't gotten a lot of love since Black and White released, and it doesn't help that Eevee hasn't been updating production very often at all; I fixed the Magic Coat/Role Play thing about a month ago, for example, but the fix still isn't live.

My White Version says 30. veekun hasn't gotten a lot of love since Black and White released, and it doesn't help that Eevee hasn't been updating production very often at all; I fixed the Magic Coat/Role Play thing about a month ago, for example, but the fix still isn't live.
Yes, my Black version agrees. Thus, mach punch + feint would be at the speed of mach punch (regardless of protect status).

I know it's hypocritical of me to gripe about something not getting updated, buuut...

Back
Top Bottom