• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

Can a pokemon know what type it will become before using camouflage?

"Now use Camouflage, but only if you become grass, if not, just chill"

If no, will it just randomly perform one of the conditionals or default to chill or do nothing? Also, how does one calculate energy use for double team? I've never done that before.

Probably the pokémon can tell what type it will become from camouflage.

Double team is 1% energy per clone.

If a Pokemon was holding a Magmarizer/Electirizer and was weak to Fire/Electric with one of its types and resistant with its other, would it take the damage?

I noticed in the rules Spiritomb is Consensually Hovering, but the anime shows him sarting right off floating very high in the sky, and I don't think he lands much, if at all in The Keystone Pops. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If a Pokemon was holding a Magmarizer/Electirizer and was weak to Fire/Electric with one of its types and resistant with its other, would it take the damage?
No. Only if it's actually weak to fire or electricity would it take damage.

I noticed in the rules Spiritomb is Consensually Hovering, but the anime shows him sarting right off floating very high in the sky, and I don't think he lands much, if at all in The Keystone Pops. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm going by the game depiction, which is spiritomb sitting on the ground and only floating if it needs to move somewhere.

The old PO said:
evolution is also handled by the Registration Office. In most cases, evolution requires participation in at least one battle, and all battle experience must be documented with links to the appropriate threads in order for the evolution to be approved. For the purpose of evolution by level, a pokémon just has to be sent into play to earn one experience point; for each opponent it KO's beyond that point, it earns another. Therefore, if a pokémon is sent out in battle but is knocked out before it can knock out any opponents, it gains one experience point. If it is sent out and KO's one opponent before going down, it instead gains two, and so on.

Pokémon that evolve by level fall into several different categories.

If a pokémon evolves twice and by level the first time, the first evolution requires two experience points to complete UNLESS that pokémon falls into one of the following two groups:

Group 1: Beldum, Bellsprout, Dragomelet, Gastly, Geodude, Machop, Oddish, Poliwag, Ralts, Whismur, Zubat
Group 2: Aron, Bagon, Dratini, Duskull, Elekid, Gible, Horsea, Larvitar, Magby, Magnemite, Rhyhorn, Sabitten, Spheal, Swinub, Trapinch

Members of group one require three experience points to complete their first evolution, and those in group two require four.

If a pokémon evolves twice and evolves by level the second time, it must earn four experience points in its middle stage in order to reach its final evolution UNLESS it is among one of the following:

Dragonair, Gabite, Lairon, Loudred, Metang, Pupitar, Sealeo, Shelgon, Vibrava, Wyrmarble

These pokémon require five experience points to reach their final evolution.

If a pokémon evolves by level but evolves only once, it requires three experience points to evolve UNLESS it falls into one of the following two groups:

Group 1: Baltoy, Croagunk, Glameow, Grimer, Kitora, Koffing, Meditite, Shuppet, Slugma, Swablu, Wyrmal
Group 2: Alrunnik, Anorith, Kabuto, Lileep, Omanyte, Ponyta, Skorupi, Snorunt, Snover, Wailmer

Members of group one require four experience points to evolve, whereas members of group two require five.

Pokémon such as yanma, which require specific moves to evolve, are counted simply as evolving by level, and pokémon such as magneton, which require leveling up in a particular location to evolve, are again burdened with no restrictions beyond those for normal level evolution.

Nincada will evolve into ninjask as normal with three experience points. However, if the trainer wishes to claim a shedinja as well as the evolved ninjask, he or she must pay an additional $30 at the time that their ninjask evolves. Shedinja counts as a first-stage rarity seven pokémon.

There are also some pokémon whose movepools are so restrictive that they are considered nearly impossible to use in battle for the purpose of leveling up. While they may be evolved as normal through the acquisition of battle experience, the trainer may alternatively choose to pay for them to be boarded at a day-care center by the League for the following prices:

$10 - Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple
$20 - Cascoon, Kakuna, Metapod, Silcoon
$30 - Beldum, Burmy, Combee (f), Kricketot, Magikarp

Pokémon that evolve purely by trading, such as kadabra, may be evolved for free upon being transferred to another player (as a gift or as part of a trade, for example). Alternatively, they may be evolved as though they were in the "high-level-evolution" group of the three-stage families, requiring five experience points to advance from the second stage of evolution.

Finally, pokémon that evolve by happiness can reach their next stage by accruing six "happiness points." A pokémon earns one happiness point each time it is sent out into battle, and another for each KO they score beyond that point. All battles where the pokémon was sent out but failed to score a KO are treated as though the pokémon scored a single KO if it was holding a soothe bell for that battle. Feebas is considered to evolve by happiness.

If a faster Pokémon is given the conditional "Protect if you are attacked" and the slower Pokémon's attack misses, would the faster one still Protect/have Protected, and if so, would they still be able to use another move?

Guessing yes to having them still Protect and no to letting them use another move, but just making sure.

The faster one would already have protected, and thus they wouldn't be able to use another move.

in what cases would a faster pokémon not be able to make a move reactively; e.g. "destiny bond if you are the target of an attack"?

incidentally, would a pokémon be able to judge whether an enemy's attack would KO them?

If they were caught in a command deadlock. In all other cases they would simply wait to see what happened, giving up their speed advantage, and then use whatever attack.

No, it wouldn't.

actually, I meant more like using the move after waiting to see if the opponent will execute an action, but just before it actually happens.

I'd assume from precedent of magic coat and protect that it would work, but.

also, would a pokémon be able to tell what type the opponent's move would be before it's actually executed?

Back
Top Bottom