• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Battle Royale

((OOC: That is NOT okay! Espeon is not worthy! He can't even pass the Former Moderator Shifu's Modship Test for God's sake!))

((I'm serious.))
Figuring Carnage would catch up with him sooner or later, Bumpy changed direction and prepared for a long walk south. He wanted to get away from everyone.
That was when he realized that he had lost his bag.
He shrugged. The Linoone had probably lost it in the fight with the Espeon and Grovyle. Besides, there were definitely berries growing around here. He continued south in search of something to eat.

Lunar sent a psychic attack after the barrage of needles had stopped. Xyvine continued chargine with neon green blades; a hint of menace glowed in his bright yellow eyes.

Voyne staggered backwards as Xyvine came towards him, slashing away with his leaf blades; the Cacturne fell backwards in a strange sort of evasive manoeuvre, but couldn't avoid being cut in a few places. Voyne dropped to the ground, but quickly got to his feet.

As soon as he was up, he felt a mental tug at his senses - the Espeon trying to assault his mind with psychic energy.

"Knock it off, big guy," he half-shouted, "it's no good on us Dark-types." Nonetheless, he had to admit to feeling more than just a little discomfort at having his mind ravaged by the cat's psychic attack.

Ignoring the Grovyle, Voyne came rushing towards Lunar, coming at him with his Needle Arm at the ready.

Bumpy was now trotting. He had made about half a mile already, which was good distance. His nose caught the scent of something sweet, and he followed it until he found a bush of Pecha berries. The Linoone devoured one, two, three, and finally a fourth berry. He hadn't any idea that he had been that hungry. His belly full, Bumpy lay down to rest.

(D< I'm getting tired of all this waiting)

Scorpio woke with a start. How long had he been asleep? Was Scissors okay?
He spotted her still lying in the spot that he had left her. Through her armor, it was impossible to tell if she was breathing.
He slowly walked over and, almost lovingly, wiped a leaf off her face. He whispered her name.
"Scissors?"
There was no response.
"Scissors, can you hear me?"
There was still no response.
"...You can't be dead... You can't be..."
Then there came a faint reply. "Scorpio..."

((Having a sense of what day it is maybe helpful. Especially seeing as how we're all supposed to explode after 3 days. xP))

Itsuki awoke. The sun hadn't come up yet. He wasn't sure of the time, but he still felt a bit tired. He picked and chewed on some leaves from the bushes he hid in, then got up and walked off towards where the shed was.

The sun was rising, its energising warmth intensifying the heat of battle steadily. Lunar felt its rays empower him. The Sun pokémon was vulnerable during the night, but now that day was stelathily creeping up, he could easily evade the incoming needle arm. Ears flat against his head, he sprang high into the air and released another Psychic attack. At least these harmless attacks could distract the Cacturne long enough for Xyvine to finish him off.

The Grovyle's eyes glowed, his internal fire roaring. He raised his arms now that the Cacturne wasn't paying attention to him. Orbs of light spiralled around his claws and lower arms like schools of small fish before becoming one tangled mess of light. The web of energy intensified as it combudted suddenly. Xyvine flicked his arms forewards, the infinite heat swiling off of his talons, headed towards the Cacturne. It gradually spread broader, continuing to do so as it travelled away from the Grovyle's body. The Cacturne would be completely engulfed by the fire.

Day 2; 5:55am.

Bumpy opened his eyes slowly. Of course, he couldn't see much, but he could tell it was daytime. Standing up quietly, he dashed behind a bush before setting off south in search of berries.

Speakers across the island vibrated with the purr of activation. Suspended on tall poles around the edge of the island, the sound of the speakers would echo for miles around. Luckily, there was no-one but the competitors to continue. A familiar voice bellowed obnoxiously from these speakers, classical music playing in the background.

"Good morning, class," Mr. Ken said, a trace of menace in his voice. "It is now 6am! The sun is coming up, the birds will be singing! Rise and shine! Now, I am here to give you a report of your dead classmates so you know who you no longer have to kill anymore!"

The Arcanines' voice faded away, the classical music being the only thing that remained for a few seconds. Some scrunching sounds could be heard in the background as some paper was passed along.

"Here you go, sir," said a Magmortar; his voice was projected over the Island.

The Archanine cleared his throat before resming his announcement.
"As you know, you have been on the Island since midnight! It is now 6am of the next day! You have until midnight tomorrow to finish killing each other off." He paused for breath. "Here is a list of those who are presumed dead."

"Sling, killed by Carnage. Lunar, death by collar. Carnage, death by collar. Hanabi, death by collar. Bumpy, death by collar. This just prooves that you can't take your collar off. Two people have died because they deicded it would be a good idea to get rid of their collar. How did it end up? Their collar exploded! Bang! Ahahaha. Please enjoy the rest of the classical music."

The deary string music drowned the island in a sorrowful melody.

((If you're wondering how they gathered the information about the dead, I decided the collars would work like this, to make sense of it:
a) There is a heat sensor in the collar. If the person is killed, their body heat no-longer warms the collar. This causes them to be considered dead.
b) If the collar explodes, they are considered dead.

The pice of music is Adagio for Strings, a more modern piece but I do like it. :x))

So if someone had managed to take their collar off, it counts them as dead? The Linoone had no collar and they said it was dead....

Fist had been resting on a rock not far from the hill. He was heading to the edge of the island so that he could be away from someone who wanted to kill him.

((Espeon, would moves like Detect or Protect be able to evade the explosion of a triggered collar?))

Bumpy laughed in triumph. The other competitors knew he was alive, but not Mr. Ken. Bumpy only had to survive for 48 more hours.
He stopped at a nearby berry bush. He remembered that he had to conserve energy, due to the rarity of any berries. He ate three of the very spicy fruits, then continued on, heading south-west. He didn't know how far he had gone, but was sure he was pretty far away from the others by now. However, since he could still smell some faded scents, he knew he wasn't far from the starting point, either. Maybe a couple miles east.

Scorpio listened to the announcement, bringing up conflicting emotions inside of him.
Too bad. I won't kill her. She's my partner...
And she would do the same for me...
Would she?
Would it be safer to let her live so that we can kill together, and then take her out?
Or should I do it now while she's helpless?
Should I do it at all?

No, said a firm voice in his head. But somewhere in the back of his mind, instinct was fighting against his feelings.
He was about to clench his claws around her neck when she moaned again, which he barely distinguished as his name. He took them back as if though she had attacked him, and started to carry her towards the nearest source of water again. He refused to look down. The instinct might just overcome him. He couldn't let that happen.

Cryptica said:
((Espeon, would moves like Detect or Protect be able to evade the explosion of a triggered collar?))

((Protect woul be, as it's a barrier, but it will damage you for a while. [It's how my character's collar came off]. Detect wouldn't. If it could, I'd have done it for Xyvine too and they could have fled the island. Put it this way, detect allows you to dodge moves, protect gives you a barrier. Since you can't evade something exploding around your neck, it wouldn't work. But, I wouldn't advise everyone doing it, as it would kind of make the plot boring.))

The classical music finished.

"Oh," erupted the voice of Mr. Ken. "I forgot to mention, at 7:30am, the areas 5G, 6G and 8I will all become danger zones. At 8:20pm, area 8H will become a danger zone! If you step foot inside of those areas, then BOOM! Your collar will explode! Ahahaha." He cleared his throat. "Also, there will be Magmortars deployed at these areas. If you think you can disable the collars, you're wrong! Ahah! Either way, you must kill each other. Have fun blowing each other to smithereens, kiddies!"

The island fell silent for a few seconds.

((NOTE: 5G - Grass hill; 6G - Steppe; 8I - Molded shed; 8H - Starting area;))

Last edited:
Bumpy hit his head on the ground, frustrated. Apparently, areas to the south were less dangerous. He turned around and began to head south, away from all the danger zones. The Linoone ran at top speed, so that he couldn't be tracked easily.

7:30
Scorpio knew he didn't have much time to get away from the danger zones. A couple of hours could go by deadly quick.
He knew he could travel faster if he dumped Scissors. Here he was, faced with another decision between himself and his partner.
I'll carry her... for now, he thought, satisfying both parts of his raging mind. He didn't have time for another internal conflict.
He decided to head for the next most suitable place for them, area 8G. A forest would provide nice cover, and would have plenty of prey.

(Do we know how the collars "think?" If so then I have an idea :D)

Back
Top Bottom