• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Bill's Teleporter

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
After the sudden and unexpected vaporization of the previous TCoD ASB headquarters, some had worried that it might be impossible to retrieve pokémon caught up in the computer network at the time virtual disaster struck. However, building off the model of his famed teleporter that could actually transport pokémon through time, computer genius Bill was able to create a new system capable of reaching back and plucking ASB pokémon out of the old, ravaged network and bringing them into the present computer grid.

Bill's Teleporter

If you had a team in the League's older incarnation, which went down with the forum purge earlier this summer, you may reclaim it here if you can obtain a third-party source that will vouch for your having had that pokémon in the past.

The fees for teleporting in pokémon are as follows:

Rarity One: $2 each
Rarity Two: $4 each
Rarity Three: $5 each
Rarity Four: $6 each
Rarity Five: $8 each
Rarity Six: $10 each
Rarity Seven: $12 each
Rarity Eight: $15 each

Plus an additional fee of $2 per stage of evolution for any pokémon rarity one through four or an additional $3 per stage of evolution for any pokémon rarity five through eight.

Pokémon recovered this way are sent to your computer account automatically, and they may be withdrawn to the active squad in accordance with the standard League guidelines.

Trainers who join the League within two weeks of its restart are entitled to bring in two pokémon of any rarity for free.

Alternatively, as there are many stranded pokémon from the old League left floating abandoned in cyberspace, a trainer may choose to take up to $35 in store credit, whether they were a member of the old League or not, to import up to four pokémon of their own specification.

To reclaim a pokémon, post what it is you're trying to get back, along with whatever verification you have of it. If you want a particular pokémon back but do not have a way to verify it, you may instead name the pokémon and ask if anyone can vouch for your having it. If they can, the transaction will be approved and you can claim the pokémon at the Registration Office as normal before adding it to your computer account.

Last edited:
How much do rarity seven recoveries cost? You left out the number after the dollar sign.

And to clarify, the "alternatively" bit... does that mean "as an alternative to bringing back two existing Pokémon"? Because unless I'm not thinking "store credit" the same way you are, that makes the importing two Pokémon bit seem... pointless, depending on the situation. Why bother people to look for two Pokémon when I can pretty much recreate them plus maybe one or two others?

How much do rarity seven recoveries cost? You left out the number after the dollar sign.
I'm sorry, but you can only pay for rarity sevens in invisible dollars.

And to clarify, the "alternatively" bit... does that mean "as an alternative to bringing back two existing Pokémon"? Because unless I'm not thinking "store credit" the same way you are, that makes the importing two Pokémon bit seem... pointless, depending on the situation. Why bother people to look for two Pokémon when I can pretty much recreate them plus maybe one or two others?
Depends on what you want to bring back. If you want, say, your salamence and your absol, they'd be too expensive to bring back via store credit. If you're okay with more pokémon that are slightly less rare, then you can use store credit to create some instead. Also, if your pokémon had some particular modifications on it that might no longer be available at any of the businesses here, then your only way to keep them would be to bring it over this way, rather than creating new ones--they could be of the same name, gender, ability, and species, but you couldn't give them a type change or whatever while you're at it.

I'm sorry, but you can only pay for rarity sevens in invisible dollars.

Invisible dollars? Oh, I've got plenty of those! And lots of r7's to bring over, too, muahaha.

Depends on what you want to bring back. If you want, say, your salamence and your absol, they'd be too expensive to bring back via store credit. If you're okay with more pokémon that are slightly less rare, then you can use store credit to create some instead. Also, if your pokémon had some particular modifications on it that might no longer be available at any of the businesses here, then your only way to keep them would be to bring it over this way, rather than creating new ones--they could be of the same name, gender, ability, and species, but you couldn't give them a type change or whatever while you're at it.

Yeah, I suppose that occurred to me after I finished posting it... eh, I keep forgetting that most people who'd have things to recover would have a ton of expensive/modified things, unlike me; I could only recover maybe one of my whopping four sigged Pokémon, so I suppose it's just less logical for me than it is for other people... whatever.

And before I forget, didn't you say something a while back about Pokémon that are actively in recovered battles being put back in the PC automatically? Or did you change your mind about that and we have to use the teleporter/pay/whatever for those, too?

moon-panther

Yes, you do.

Kratos Aurion

Pokémon currently active in battle or the Grand Festival are still returned automatically at the end of that battle/contest/whatever. Therefore, I wouldn't waste money or your free transfer on getting any of them back, unless you just don't want to wait.

But all of my recoverable Pokémon are already in--oh, wait. No, there are a few left that I suppose can be verified.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a record of my old battle with Chiropter? You e-reffed a few rounds, and that was the only record of my Treecko that exists (his Roselia had just knocked her out in the last round, if that helps). I just want to know if you have it before I decide whether or not to buy one with my starting cash.

Question: I evolved my Dratini after entering it in the contest; do I get it back evolved or as a Dratini? Since there is no actual proof of me having evolved it, I assume it's the latter.

Either way, I'd like to reclaim Goach, my trusty Whiscash! I'm sure you could vouch for me yourself, Negrek, but I'm not sure how appropriate that would be; either way, if there's anyone who can put in a good word for me and the existence of my Goach, I'd be grateful.

Oh yes, one more thing; do I get to give him a new signature move now?

Pokémon currently active in battle or the Grand Festival are still returned automatically at the end of that battle/contest/whatever. Therefore, I wouldn't waste money or your free transfer on getting any of them back, unless you just don't want to wait.

So..I could get Takumi (Mudkip) back..for free? And once FMC posts the latest round with Hughes (Houndour) I could get him back since the battle didn't end yet?

Halan (Riolu) on the other hand, his battle ended so he would cost money to get him back.

Do I hae this right or wrong?

Full Metal Cookies

Yeah, the dragonair will be a dratini, and you can give Goach (documented here) a new signature move if you'd like. All signature moves from the old forums would have to be re-approved anyway, since they need energy values now.

moon-panther

You get the pokémon back once the overall battle ends. So, you would get Kasumi and Hughes back from your battle against Cinderpelt as soon as it finishes; or, you could get Hughes back from the other battle (once FMC posts it, I guess), if that one ends first. If you also used Halan in that battle, then you'd get him back as well. Unless you mean you used him in a previous battle that's completely finished, in which case, you would get him back only if someone still has a record of it.

When I say that "the battle ended," I mean the overall fight, not just that pokémon's role in the battle. I'm not sure if I got your question right, but is that what you wanted to know?

OKAY SO I have no actual record of any of this unless someone held onto refs but. This should all fit within the $35 credit thing?

also MD I totally remember your Goach and it was awesome :<

[Draco] Dragonair (M)
Ability: Shed Skin

[Flame Flan] Fire Ditto (X)
Ability: Flame Body
  • Might have received it from Sireafi - I am fairly certain that I got three of my typechanged Ditto from him, anyway
  • I ... think... I used it in a fight against Sireafi on vB? I used a Ditto, anyway: I definitely remember Ditto vs Vespiquen. If the fight was unfinished (iirc) but had been discarded for quite a while (think the ref vanished and neither of us bothered asking for an emergency ref. Either that or Sireafi DQ'd and I forgot.), does that still count as unfinished? IF SO (and if this was in fact the Ditto I chose) I'd prefer not to grab Flame Flan back and instead try for one of my four other type-changed Ditto :< BUT UH

AND BECAUSE I THINK THIS FITS WITHIN THE $35 STORE CREDIT unless I fail at math or something :<
[Puppeteer] Shuppet (F)
Ability: Insomnia
  • I'd be surprised if anyone was aware of its existence, really. I don't think I ever used her for anything ever and I don't recall receiving her as a gift. :<

Last edited:
Obviously I can't link to the post, but you used Flame Flan in your unfinished battle against AK and his Chimecho on the vB forums. I think I can dig what little I had of the reffing up if I look through my docs long enough. Uh is that enough for her to get Flame Flan back?

And did you see my previous post, Negrek?

Hey Kratos. Do you remember my Dragonair? I named him "The Entire Cast of Fraggle Rock" temporarily. Yeeeah, that was fun.

Or does anyone else remember?

surskitty

Should be fine. I do recall the ditto, although I'm not sure exactly from where. The battle still counts as unfinished, but unless you can somehow get it started again, there'd be no way to get it back from there for free.

Kratos Aurion

I didn't, nope. And although I don't have a record of that battle on this computer, I can recall it perfectly well (Chiropter's roselia's name is "Lumierre" and it's male, I believe); so, you can call up the treecko from that one.

Kay, cool. In that case, I'd like to recover my Blaziken and my Salamence.

[Zelos Wilder] Blaziken (M)
Had a Grand Resolution Badge from PASBU but I don't know if that's even applicable any more and don't particularly want it back.

[Scarlet Fever] Salamence (F)

Zelos was in the February Contest, as you know; Scarlet was in the Clan Wars battle, albeit under her old name, Malystryx.

I can has them back, please?

And yeah, I remember MD's Dragonair, if only because I commented on the amazing name it had.

Yes, that's what I wanted to know. And the overall battle that Halan appeared in was finished. Kusari was the ref for him.

As for the other two, I geuss I'll wait until they are over so I can get them back.

I believe Athasan and/or Whivit (and maybe Flareth too seeing as she got beat up by him) might have record of Ruin, my Claydol from the battle he was in. Although seeing as he was not evolved for it yet, and I've no proof of his evolution, I guess I'll have to take him as a Baltoy. :[

Wait, I remember you saying that those of us who don't want to reclaim Pokemon would get 2 Pokemon free, but the only mention I see is bringing back two Pokemon for free O.o

*Is very confused* x.x

Kratos Aurion

Your blaziken... should I know where he's from?

Whoa, how'd I miss this? :/

Ah, crap, I just remembered you weren't the one who judged the battle round. He was in the February Contest, anyway, as it says in the post. I'm pretty sure you at least judged the appeal rounds, though, didn't you? (He was only a Torchic there... ugh) Who was the head judge that time? I want to say Chiropter or Byrus, but I'm not sure. (God if it's Byrus then I'm screwed.)

You were the one who said I'd be able to use the February Contest to bring him back in one of the earlier discussion threads, so I suppose that's why I thought you'd have a record of it. But since you brought him and the contest up without my even mentioning them that means you should at least remember. D<

Is the Salamence okay to go, though?

And Icalasari:

Alternatively, as there are many stranded pokémon from the old League left floating abandoned in cyberspace, a trainer may choose to take up to $35 in store credit, whether they were a member of the old League or not, to import up to four pokémon of their own specification.

I believe this would apply?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom