• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Bill's Teleporter

Ah, darn...

Well I really want the Remoraid (stupid me forgot to grab one with my starters DX) so I'm going to bring some new guys out of the void.

Remoraid (5), Venonat (5), Duskull (5), Heracross (12)

Light Mightyena

It's one or the other--two free or up to four on credit. You can't get more than four through any means.

Alright. I was thinking that that may be the case, but I wasn't sure. I'll just take the Glameow, Gligar, Clefairy, and Ponyta on credit then.

When is the official time for the restart and do I get to get freebies also

And I might just be stupid at this time of day, but you can pay for any pokemon you can get confirmation for at any time as long as you have the money, yes? *eyes potential reffings with new determination* And either of the free stuff can be gotten without confirmation?

In any case I'd like to see which of these guys (which, to my knowledge, have actually participated in places) have records before I go around pulling them from places (if anyone can confirm them, PMing is fine since it's not final yet):

Scyther (M) <Technician>

Crobat (M) <Inner Focus>

[Ouroboros] Dragonair (F) <Shed Skin>
Signature Move: Aura

[Raikiri] Raichu (F) <Static>
PETA: Wings (+2 speed in air)

[Kippie] Swampert (F) <Drizzle>

[Pterror] Aerodactyl (M) <Solid Rock>

... I was the ref for surskitty vs Sireafi with the ditto vs vespiquen. << If they're interested in it, I can write up the next round (as I don't have the previous one but I have the information I need to write the current round, found after a bit of searching. *cough*). From memory I know that the fire-type ditto existed, but surskitty changed the pokemon to a normal ditto before the battle got started and I only have a record of Myoto.

moon-panther's riolu (and FMC's glaceon) can be found here:

.: Full Metal Cookies vs moon-panther :: Round Twenty :.
3v3
Single Battle
DQ: one week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: Healing and OHKOs, Dig, Earthquake, Magnitude, etc.

It's the Duel Dome on top of Seto Kaiba's KC Blimp! the Arena itself is about 12 feet wide and 50 feet long, and composed completely of metal. Most ground-type moves will be imposable to pull off due to the fact that if you tried to do something like, say, Earthquake, the blimp would break. Due to the wind Pokemon may have difficulty keeping their balance.

.: Pre-battle :.

Full Metal Cookies [xxO] {+$10}
Glaceon
[Heiderich] Glaceon (M) Ice Body
Health: 89%
Energy: 94%
Mirror Coat ~ Avalanche ~ Blizzard

moon-panther [xxO] {+$1}
riolu
[Halun] Riolu (M) Steadfast <Throwing Knives>
Health: 28%
Energy: 45%
Focus Blast ~ Reversal ~ Reversal
Defence -1

.: Actions :.

Heiderich closes his eyes and concentrates. A shimmering coating of multicoloured light spreads out from his forehead and covers his entire body, casting light onto the floor around him. The light reflects off of the thin layer of water, and ripples run through it as pieces of hail fall by Heiderich. The same hail heals his wounds even through the psychic energy protecting him, and will continue to do so until the hailstorm ends.

Halun also focuses and harnesses the energy inside him, but gathers a high concentration of energy to his paws rather than shrouding himself in it. His palms glow brightly as he raises his arms, and he points his palms toward Heiderich. A large wave of energy shoots out of his palms, but he forgot to brace himself properly and the force knocks him over. He falls on his back, and the wave of energy shoots up toward the sky uselessly. It fades into the distance. Halun looks up in horror—that could have been really helpful in defeating Heiderich, but he missed!

Heiderich opens his eyes when he realises that he hasn’t been attacked, the mirror coating around his body fading. He watches as Halun gets up, shaking his head. It’s disappointing, as surely he’d have won already if he was able to reflect the attack, but he’s not complaining about the lack of pain.

Halun has to win, he decides, at any cost. It’s not looking good for him right now, although fortunately his opponent hasn’t attacked him yet—that would mean a guaranteed loss this round. The closer he gets to losing, the more he wants to win, and he’s probably not going to last much longer. He channels his determination to power, and runs at Heiderich.

Heiderich, meanwhile, is trying to call on rocks to perform his next attack, but there are absolutely none anywhere nearby. There isn’t even a ground, which would have possibly allowed him to drag rocks from underground or use dirt.

Halun leaps at Heiderich while the latter is distracted, throwing a powerful punch at Heiderich’s side. Heiderich snarls as he is attacked, furious that Halun would interrupt his delicate work. The anger could have been used as motivation to make the attack much stronger than usual, but even that doesn’t summon the smallest pebble.

He gives up, annoyed that he can’t finish this as quickly as he wanted—for the second time this round. The only thing damaging Halun right now is the hail that’s whipping around, but that isn’t doing enough.

Heiderich turns around to face Halun, who just gets in a battle stance to prepare for another attack. Heiderich breathes in deeply. He then exhales forcefully, sending snowflakes and hailstones rushing at Halun, whipping the riolu with the wind. The almost-point-blank attack lifts him bodily off of his feet. The wind sends him flying back as ice and snow assault him relentlessly. Halun lands in a crumpled heap on the metal floor, shivering.

He doesn’t get up, and closer inspection reveals that he has passed out.

.: End of Round Twenty :.

Full Metal Cookies [xxO] {+$10}
Glaceon
[Heiderich] Glaceon (M) Ice Body
Health: 75%
Energy: 77%
Mirror Coat ~ [failed] ~ Blizzard

moon-panther [xxX] {+$1}
riolu
[Halun] Riolu (M) Steadfast <Throwing Knives>
Health: 0%
Energy: 15%
Focus Blast ~ Reversal
Defence -1

moon-panther recalls Halun, and the two friends meet in the middle to shake hands. The hail continues, but nobody seems to mind—the audience is too busy cheering, and Heiderich is enjoying the cold. Full Metal Cookies goes to pick up the coins from the floor, and is given her cheque and catch/evolve coupon. The referee and moon-panther also receive their cheques.

Eventually, the hail stops and the sky clears, and the blimp lands a while later. It takes two hours for the passengers to get off, and during this time, the trinkets collected during the battle are sold off to those who had watched the battle. Then they can finally leave; the trainers are free to head to the appropriate buildings to cash in their prizes.

Battlefield:
- it is hailing
- the cold wind is blowing very hard, making balance and aiming projectile attacks difficult, and flight is almost impossible
- four golden coins are scattered on the floor
- the floor is slippery and wet

Notes:
- Focus Blast missed, so Mirror Coat could do no damage
- Avalanche failed because of a lack of resources
- Halun fainted on the third action

End Battle:
Victor: Full Metal Cookies
- Full Metal Cookies wins $18, plus an additional $10. In total, she receives $28 and a catch/evolution.
- moon-panther receives $6, plus an additional $1. In total, she receives $7.
- Kusarigamaitachi receives $12 for reffing.
If they're interested, I have Whivit's haunter and Grass King's venusaur on record. Whivit's medicham and rapidash, Walker's ambipom and metang, Super Bro's sneasel, Crystallic Shadow's magnemite, surskitty's ditto, Sireafi's vespiquen, Finneus's natu, and mmmyes.'s sandshrew can be brought in with their battles if they show interest in restarting them.

Oh, and I was just about handing a female dunsparse to FMC when the forums crashed - I assume that still counts as mine, right, though I can't get confirmation if it's mine.

I can vouch for Kusari's Dragonair in that double-battle with Whivit/against Chiropter and MD I e-reffed. Too lazy to go dig it up now but I have it if you really need to see it. Can't vouch for the sig move, though; I've never seen it.

Chiropter, if you're viewing this thread at any point, would you mind terribly vouching for my Blaziken, Zelos Wilder? He was in the February Contest last year.

... I was the ref for surskitty vs Sireafi with the ditto vs vespiquen. << If they're interested in it, I can write up the next round (as I don't have the previous one but I have the information I need to write the current round, found after a bit of searching. *cough*). From memory I know that the fire-type ditto existed, but surskitty changed the pokemon to a normal ditto before the battle got started and I only have a record of Myoto.
:< now I feel awful for forgetting that. SORRY DUDE

I am kind of interested if you and Sireafi feel up for it? But it had been like "okay BORED NOW" for all involved for long enough that... yeah I dunno. [SHRUG]

I can't pull up anything solid, but I do remember the existence of a modified Swampert and the Aerodactyl sounds vaguely familiar.

And I might just be stupid at this time of day, but you can pay for any pokemon you can get confirmation for at any time as long as you have the money, yes? *eyes potential reffings with new determination* And either of the free stuff can be gotten without confirmation?
1. Yes.
2. No.

[Ouroboros] Dragonair (F) <Shed Skin>
Signature Move: Aura

Kusarigamaitachi and Ouroboros

Hydrogon and lucariodramon are swiftly replaced with another trainer and, interestingly enough, another serpent. Kusarigamaitachi is the next competitor to take to the sand, her dragonair, Ouroboros, slithering close beside her and leaving a winding trail across the beach as she goes. While her trainer steps back, the dragonair moves forward, taking center stage as she prepares for her appeal.

Although she looks placid and serene enough, Ouroboros' sudden burst of speed belies her outer calm as she jumps straight into an enthusiastic double team. The sandy nature of the arena slows her down somewhat, but nevertheless the dragonair is able to work up an impressive speed, churning up a small cloud of sand as she streaks back and forth around the arena in a wide circle, tail whipping through the air as she undulates along the ground as fast as she can. Her shape blurs and shimmers before splitting from one into three, and when turns about and comes sliding to a halt facing the stands once more, two more dragonair sit placidly by her side amidst the settling dust, flat black eyes surveying the assembled humans without emotion.

The jewel at Ouroboros' neck glows a deep red and she raises her head, letting fire boil up her throat and into her mouth as she squints into the burning blue sky. Opening her mouth wide, Ouroboros spits a ball of concentrated fire energy up into the air, and after soaring up for several feet it suddenly explodes into an arcane symbol, crackling and hissing as it spreads out across the sky before slowly falling apart into tiny tongues of flame that rain back towards the ground, flickering out as they go. Most of the spectators are distracted from this display, however, by the actions of Ourobors' clones for, though they follow the same command as their master, they have instead open fired upon the crowd. People scream and clamber over one another trying to get out of the way as two more orbs of hissing flame fly in their direction, only to burst open into searing symbols that crash straight into the stands and a few unlucky onlookers--and vanish entirely. After a couple of moments there is some nervous laughter and people begin to calm down as they realize that the fire blasts were merely illusory, but Ouroboros pays it no mind.

She is already preparing her final attack, electricity shivering up along her scales and radiating out from her stubby horn, casting hissing, sizzling tendrils across the sky. Her clones do likewise, this time not releasing their attack at the crowd, and Ouroboros is briefly surrounded by a crackling halo of electric energy before the shock wave sizzles off into the sky and disperses. Ouroboros dismisses her two clones, leaiving the sand beside her empty, and briefly bows her head to the crowd before rejoining her trainer and leaving the stage.
The signature move you'll need to get reapproved, though.

[Raikiri] Raichu (F) <Static>
PETA: Wings (+2 speed in air)
Remember this one because I was complaining about it when it used to have magnet rise. Or was about to get magnet rise.

I've got nothing on the others, although FMC mentioned the dunsparce somewhere else earlier today, so I'm sure she could vouch for that one. And yes, it would go back to you, unless you'd already given it to FMC, in which case it would be hers, of course.

I can confirm Kratos's blaziken from the February Contest. I don't currently have my copy of said contest on an internet-accessible computer, but I can get it later if needed.

I can also vouch for Kusari's Crobat, from the battle with Whivit that I reffed.

Um, let's see... I'd like to recover these two for free, if they can be confirmed:

[Topanga] kabutops (F) <Battle Armor>

[Alastor] toxicroak (M) <Anticipation>

Alastor was in Clan Wars, and Topanga was in a four-way battle reffed by Kusari (against Whivit, Shadow Serenity, and Deathguise, I believe).

Also, I'd like to pay to recover both my crobat Zotz (from that double battle against Kusari and Whivit that Kratos mentioned) and my spearow Tuari (from the December Contest). If anyone could confirm those...

Have time before I go to bed and so I'm being not lazy and posting actual proof of Kusari's Dragonair and Chiropter's Crobat (and Whivit's Raichu and MD's Dragonair, if they're interested). Hopefully said proof is actually legible after a combination of irritating copypastefail and apparent lack of WYSIWYG have mangled it.

Chiropter and Music Dragon vs. Kusarigamaitachi and Whivit, Round Four

Pre-Round Stats:

Team BatDragon (2/2 Pokémon Remaining)

Crobat
Cama Zotz (M) [Inner Focus]
Health: 15%
Energy: 55%
Status: Paralyzed (severe); in a lot of pain and really, really mad
Cama Zotz's Commands:
Quick Attack + Bite @ Yersinia + Roost

Dragonair
Music Dragon (M) [Shed Skin]
Health: 5%
Energy: 33%
Status: Poisoned (very severe; 1% this round, 2% next); trying to look on the bright side of things in that classic MD way
Music Dragon's Commands:
Rage + Frustration + Facade @ Ouroboros

Team GewVits (2/2 Pokémon Remaining)

Dragonair
Ouroboros (F) [Shed Skin]
Health: 24%
Energy: 24%
Status: Special Attack -2; trying to work out why she's in so much pain and why Yersinia is angry with her
Ouroboros's Commands:
Chill / Dragon Pulse / Toxic / Swift ~ Chill / Dragon Pulse / Toxic / Swift ~ Chill / Dragon Pulse / Toxic / Swift

6pg83kn.gif

Yersinia (F) [Static]
PETA: Wings (+2 Speed when flying)
Signature Move: Sparkle Wave
Health: 96%
Energy: 44%
Status: Speed +2; Ouroboros you poo why you are hurting me D:
Yersinia's Commands:
Thunderbolt @ Cama Zotz / Shock Wave @ Cama Zotz / Facade @ Music Dragon x3

Arena: The Sky

The battle takes place in the sky, several miles up from the ground. It is rather cold and a bit windy, but the clear blue sky is unmarred by any clouds. It should be - the pokemon are above them! A thick layer of wet, non-solid clouds lie a bit below the battle, with large holes that allow the battlers to see the earth below them. These holes are few, however, and so pokemon won't get that dizzying feeling when looking down.

Fortunately, the air is rather thicker than it would usually be at that height, allowing all parties to breathe as necessary.

The clouds below contain a lot of moisture, and while this is not enough for most attacks, moves or tactics that only require a fine spray of water - say, soothing a burn - can be performed by flying into the cloud. Most moves that require a source of something, such as rock, water, ground, or being below the clouds, will not work. Additionally, a pokemon may not be prevented from flying, so no sleep, although paralysis will simply make it harder to move - pokemon will still be able to fly. Inherent fliers take about 1% energy per round to stay at that height, while consensual fliers take about 1% energy per action; however, if a consensual flier such as fearow is able to stay in the air taking minimal energy, they will count as inherently flying for the purpose of this battle.

Cama Zotz and MD are getting desperate. The duo has had quite a vicious beating handed to them at the hands of those two very irritating females hovering a little ways away, and though neither Ouroboros or Yersinia is feeling tip-top they are in better spirits than their foes. The situation only worsens for the boys when Ouroboros shakes her head and finally seems to clear it completely at last. Great, the other Dragonair isn't even confused anymore... they're going to have to do something quickly if they hope to come out of this on top.

Round Four: Begin!

Desperate to try and get back on his proverbial feet, Cama Zotz prepares to put on a burst of raw speed and hopefully give Yersinia a taste of her own medicine. Before he can move forward by so much as an inch, however, his muscles spasm violently and prevent him from going anywhere. As such, he is quite an easy target for the flying Raichu's thunderous ire; Cama Zotz can do nothing but shut his eyes and prepare for the worst as Yersinia's yellow cheeks crackle with electricity. Said electricity streaks downward and slams into the hapless Crobat in the form of a full-force Thunderbolt; the attack is too much for the injured and aching Pokémon to handle and he slips into unconsciousness. His wings fold up and he begins to fall, but Chiropter recalls him before he drops too far. The beleaguered Music Dragon watches his comrade fall and decides that he has damn well had enough. These insolent fools and their insolent tactics have accomplished nothing other than incurring the fearsome wrath of MD! With a terrible scream the male Dragonair rockets forward, his injured Façade dropped and his eyes burning red with pure Rage and Frustration, and barrels into Ouroboros with crushing force. Even though her confusion has ended Ouroboros is not feeling well enough to stand up to such a powerful assault, and so the slender blue dragoness crumples under MD's fury. She, too, vanishes back into a Pokéball before she has a chance to plummet to the earth. Music Dragon pulls back then, panting heavily with exertion.

[Cama Zotz: -20H (capped at 15), -0E, paralyzed, knocked out] and [Music Dragon: -0H, -20E, poisoned, FOOLISH MORTALS! D<] - [Ouroboros: -26H (capped at 24), -0E, Special Attack -2, knocked out] and [Yersinia: -0H, -7E, Speed +2, sad to see her friend go]

Music Dragon's final attack was indeed quite taxing, and so the Dragonair is unable to do anything else. The same cannot be said for Yersinia. Eager to end the battle quickly (no way is she going to let MD recover and pull that sort of stunt on her!) she zooms forward and pummels MD with her own Façade attack. The fact that the Raichu is still in great shape means that her attack does not carry the same level of pained and furious force that her target's did, but what she does manage is more than enough. Music Dragon has simply sustained too much damage to take Yersinia's blows and, at last, his eyes flicker shut and he blacks out.

[Music Dragon: -0H, -0E, poisoned, knocked out] - [Yersinia: -0H, -7E, Speed +2, victory!]

Round Four: Close

The thick clouds part and reveal only one Pokémon still flying high up in these strange skies: Whivit's winged Raichu, Yersinia. Both of her opponents and her partner have fainted but she has remained strong; in fact, even though she is quite exhausted at this point she managed to escape with very little physical damage at all. Yersinia wings her way over to her trainer where she receives a most enthusiastic greeting from both Whivit and Kusarigamaitachi. All of the usual polite formalities ("Nicely done", "Good game", "Better luck next time", "HAHAHA KNOW MY WRATH", etc.) are exchanged and everyone heads back to terra firma for some rest and something to eat hay let's take the dinner flight next time guys D:.

Post-Round Stats

Team BatDragon (0/2 Pokémon Remaining)

Crobat
Cama Zotz (M) [Inner Focus]
Energy: 55%

Dragonair
Music Dragon (M) [Shed Skin]
Energy: 23%
Status: Poisoned (very severe; 2% this round, 4% next); knocked out!

Team GewVits (1/2 Pokémon Remaining)

Dragonair
Ouroboros (F) [Shed Skin]
Energy: 24%

6pg83kn.gif

Yersinia (F) [Static]
PETA: Wings (+2 Speed when flying)
Signature Move: Sparkle Wave
Health: 96%
Energy: 30%

Arena Status: The sun is shining brightly and the air is a bit warmer, but otherwise nothing has changed.

Sunny Day: 3 rounds remaining

Ref's Notes
-So according to Sir Ruffles the Spew Ouroboros actually wasn't confused, so I just unconfused her at the start of the round.
-Too bad for your fancy comeback plan, Chiropter. That might've been fun to write about (providing I could figure out how it'd work in the first place). Point being that Cama Zotz was fully paralyzed on the first action and so was a sitting duck. Bat. (Shut up.)
-Cama Zotz and Ouroboros fainted on the first action.
-Music Dragon fainted on the second action.
-Assuming I have calculated this correctly (and I probably have not), Kusarigamaitachi and Whivit each get $12 and a free catch/evolution for winning. Chiropter and MD get $4 each for losing. My Amazing Dirigible and I get $5 for picking up the reffing and another $2 for this round for a total of $7. Well played.

I don't have the record for it, but I can vouch that Chiropter had that kabutops, Shadow Serenity had a male chikorita, Whivit had a female jigglypuff with Cute Charm, and Deathguise had a male feraligatr.

I'd like to rescue four of those poor pokies from the cold expanse of nothingness. :(

Doduo (5), Growlithe (5), Chinchou (5), and Murkrow (10). Thanks!

*cough*

Also, elaboration:

[Ryohei] Doduo (Male)
Ability: Early Bird

[Gokudera] Growlithe (Male)
Ability: Intimidate

[Spanner] Chinchou (Male)
Ability: Illuminate

[Mukuro] Murkrow (Male)
Ability: Super Luck

You don't need to wait for approval here, m'dear. Just go get them approved in the registrationmajigger. (By someone who is not me because dammit I need to go to bed now)

Chiropter

Alastor was in Clan Wars

All those pokémon:

Whivit (O)
tauros
Para (M) <Intimidate>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
- Ready

Music Dragon (O)
claydol
G'doo (X)
- Ready

Kusarigamaitachi (O)
steelix
Alfons (M) <Rock Head>
- Ready

Sireafi (O)
clefable
Maestoso (F) <Magic Guard>
- Ready

Chiropterus (O)
454toxicroak.png

Toxicroak (M) <Anticipation>
- Ready

Byrus (O)
442spiritomb.png

Tak (M)
- Ready

Phoenixsong (O)
Salamence
Malystryx (F)
- Ready

Negrek (O)
sneasel
Mischievous (M) <Keen Eye>
- Ready

...and my spearow Tuari (from the December Contest)
Chiropterus and Tuari

The first competitor to appear is Chiropterus, striding confidently out onto the ice despite its slipperiness. When he tosses his pokéball to the stage, the audience is suprised when it releases, not a bat, but a small bird instead. Tuari the spearow chirps excitedly, then hops into the air, prepared to begin his appeal.

Flapping his small wings furiously, Tuari labors through the air, spinning around and around in a dizzying pattern as he accelerates to a tremendous speed, so fast that he appears to be nothing more than a tannish blur in the air as he rockets along. Soon enough he slows again, however, trailing in his wake a pair of identical spearows. Although not good enough of a flier to make the four clones his trainer had commanded, Tuari decides that he'll have to be satisfied with what he's got. Turning his attention upward, he flies straight into the sky, laboring along fairly slowly on his stubby wings. His clones spread out into a v-formation behind him, following dutifully along behind their master. As he continues to rise, Tuari begins to spark and glow with golden light, pure flying-type energy radiating off his scruffy feathers as he calls up power, the clones below him following suit at a slight delay. Soon the spearow has reached a great height and is glowing almost too brilliantly to be looked at directly; suddenly, he rockets upward, unleashing the energy of sky attack. A long streak of blazing energy follows him as he rises at an incredible rate, small form enveloped in a fiery envelope of energy in the rough shape of a rising eagle. His two clones follow his lead after a moment, the trio soon disappearing against the dark clouds as the power of sky attack gives out, leaving three streamers of glimmering sparks that dance and shimmer momentarily before fading away as well.

For a few moments, Chiropterus is left to stand around nervously, waiting for the reappearance of his pokémon. The spearow returns quickly, however, looking exhausted but pleased as he alights on Chiropterus' shoulder to resounding applause.
That's all I got.

Suppose there's no point retrieving most of my pokemon yet since I can't use them anyway... I'll buy them when they're useful. :|

Using store credit I'll create the following:

Flygon ($9), Aerodactyl ($15), Gengar ($9), Nincada ($2)

The total comes to exactly $35. Bah @ not having the credit to have nincada evolved so it'd be like the pokemon I actually had, but whatever. Chance to get an actual shedinja, at least.

Okay then, I'll now be using my store credit to get the following:

[Mourmedy] Growlithe (F) - $5
Ability: Flash Fire

[Holly] Dratini (F) - $12
Ability: Shed Skin

[Amaun] Riolu (M) - $10
Ability: Inner Focus

[Vielo] Togepi (M) - $5
Ability: Serene Grace

Which comes to a total of $32.

Last edited:
Here's your venusaur, Grass King.

.: Whivit vs Grass King :: Round Eight :.

2v2

One out at a time
DQ: Three days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: Direct healing, Attract, OHKOS
Arena: Generic Cave #Onethreetwonine

The battle takes place in a large cavern, which somehow manages to not be pitch-black. The ceiling, walls, and floor are all made of moderately smooth rock, and several rocks of all sizes are scattered around the arena and grouped near the walls. In the middle, a wide, shallow pond allows for Water-Pokemon and provides a source of water.

.: Pre-battle :.

Whivit [Oo]
haunter
[Nefesh] Haunter (M) Pressure
Type: Ghost/Dark (learned Faint Attack, Nasty Plot, Pursuit; forgot Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab)
Health: 74%
Energy: 36%
Chill ~ Psychic ~ Psychic
Status: “Ooh, ooh, let’s phase into the substitute some time!”

Grass King [xO]
venusaur
[Visa] Venusaur (M) Overgrow
Health: 21% (Substitute: 15%)
Energy: 96%
Light Screen ~ Sweet Scent ~ Giga Drain
Status: “Oddly, when I said I was ready, I didn’t mean I was ready to do nothing.”
Attack +2, Defence +1, Special Attack +1

.: Actions :.

Nefesh relaxes, feeling relief as his energy stores are replenished. Although he does this every round, he’s still getting tired, and quickly. It is only the fact that it will be over soon that keeps him going; otherwise he would have died of boredom. Visa, who has much more energy on account of the fact that he hasn’t done anything, sighs as he once again is ordered to stay in place and take defensive measures that he knows is futile. He even heard the referee mention it at one point, but his trainer doesn’t seem to have heard. Maybe this is a trick? But it’s a bit late to still be playing with the opponent’s mind; it’s even far too late to strike back! Nonetheless, he closes his eyes and focuses his energy, moulding it with his mind. The air in front of him glitters, and a flat, wide, glowing sheet slowly fades into existence, creating a wall between Visa and the lake. It brightens until it lights up the entire chamber, the brilliance being reflected beautifully by the water.

The wall should theoretically weaken mental attacks that are coming from the other side, but the problem is that—as they both know—the attacks aren’t going to come from the other side of the wall. It’s not like Whivit is the one who’s going to attack, after all. Nefesh gleefully gets to work on proving it, focusing his own mental energies and simply releasing them into Visa’s body. Visa roars as pain as usual, though the sound is muffled by his own stomach. The assault stops once more, leaving Visa panting loudly. He has no chance at relief or revenge, however. A thick perfume billows out from his flower, soon filling the entire cavern with its sweet, overwhelming scent. Had the trainers not had immunity to everything, they would have found themselves unable to think as they inhaled the scent, and would have been overcome with a lazy sort of bliss. However, as this is not so, nobody seems to even notice the significant increase in the sickeningly-sweet stench.

As the perfume linger in the air, all but unnoticed by Nefesh, he focuses for what he’s sure will be the last time and gathers his mental energy. He then directs it straight into Visa’s mind, taking a hold over the venusaur’s pain control centres and just squeezing. Visa’s muffled bellow is much louder than before as he glows with a soft blue light. He thrashes, this time, uncurling himself and simply screaming. The air itself seems to shake with the sound.

Then his yell dies down and he falls on his stomach, his legs no longer able to support him. His eyelids droops shut as his vision blurs, black around the edges. He sees the wall of light in front of him remain in all its brilliance, the yellow light bathing him in the glow. As he closes his eyes completely, the wall dims until it disappears.

As Visa loses consciousness, Nefesh feels something dark and oppressive closing in around him. Panicking, he tries to move, but finds himself unable to do so. The darkness envelops him completely before he can find a way to escape.

The venusaur doll, still having yet to move, shatters.

As Visa disappears in a beam of red light, an amorphous dark blob hangs in the air where the venusaur once lay. It slowly pulls itself into the form of a haunter, barely floating. Undoubtedly unconscious, Nefesh too is recalled into his pokéball.

.: End of Round Eight :.

Whivit [Xo]
haunter
[Nefesh] Haunter (M) Pressure
Type: Ghost/Dark (learned Faint Attack, Nasty Plot, Pursuit; forgot Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab)
Energy: 23%
Chill ~ Psychic ~ Psychic

Grass King [xX]
venusaur
[Visa] Venusaur (M) Overgrow
Health: 0% (Substitute: 15%)
Energy: 86%
Light Screen ~ Sweet Scent ~ Giga Drain
Attack +2, Defence +1, Special Attack +1

Battlefield:
- poisonous spores are scattered around Visa
- sleep-inducing spores are scattered in front of Visa

Notes:
- Light Screen had no effect, as the attacks were coming from within Visa’s body
- Visa fainted on the third action
- because Nefesh was phased into Visa, when Visa fainted, so did Nefesh

End Battle:
Whivit wins $12 and a free catch/evolution
Grass King gains $2
Kusarigamaitachi gains $8 for reffing

Grass King and Red Lightning

Grass King is next to appear, his pokémon stalking along beside him. Red Lightning is certainly an imposing sight, his crimson armor gleaming brightly in the sunlight and his expression fierce as he takes to the stage. The cheering from the crowd quickly dies away as the scizor stands before them, ready to make his appeal.

Spreading his claws wide, Red Lightning vibrates his wings, a faint humming noise filling the air along with a bust of energy-charged air. Sparkles of bright silver energy ride the swirling gust, suffusing the air around Red Lightning with a faint, shimmering mist. The scizor then raises his claws and points them to the sky, the false eyes on their sides glowing as power builds within them. Twin beams of shimmering silver light erupt from the scizor's pincers, streamers of brilliant steel-type energy shooting off towards the sky. Leaping into the air, wings whirring to give him extra lift, Red Lightning Slashes across the twin columns of light, which fade away into silver sparks as the flash cannon fades away. Landing with a clack of claws on wood, Red Lightning hardly bothers to acknowledge the crowd before turning away, his work done.

I was wondering if anyone had proof of these guys so I could get them back later on?

[Alphonse] Steelix (Male)
Ability: Rock Head

[Moo] Drifblim (Male)
Ability: Aftermath
Signature Move: Double Detonation

-I was battling against moon-panther and Shadow Serenity teamed up with Kratos Aurion's Garchomp with him, and Walker was reffing... So if any of you can verify him?

[Greed] Lucario (Male)
Ability: Inner Focus
Signature Move: Ultimate Shield

[Envy] Mismagius (Male)
Ability: Levitate
Signature Move: Disquietude

-I battled someone with him... I can't remember who though.

[Izumi] Kangaskhan (F)
Ability: Scrappy
Signature Move: Jujitsu Smackdown

[Kate] Glameow (F)
Ability: Own Tempo
Signature Move: Glamour Shot

-I think I battled Kusari with her once...

Full Metal Cookies [O]
Moo Drifblim (M) <Aftermath>
HP: 100%

Kratos Aurion [O]
Shinigibal Garchomp (M) <Sand Veil>

moon-panther [O]
Hui Medicham-f (F) <Pure Power>

Shadow Serenity [O]
Cinder Blaziken (M) <Blaze>

this is the only thing I have saved BUT UH I could still vouch for most of the people I reffed I guess

Back
Top Bottom