• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Female Professor? Cause that would be awesome, and just a cool change to the series for Game Freak to explore

I like Professor Hemlock, personally.

Is it just me, or does the male trainer sprite look incredibly like Ash?

And uh, Light type, yeah. I understand that there's not much need for it, but I wouldn't object to it. It'd make the number of types a rounder number, and could be counterparty to Dark.

I think that the region should be based, not on Shikoku, as somebody said earlier, but around Awaji Island I think it'd be pretty cool to have there be water in the middle and stuff.

And she should have a certian blonde as her lab assistant :D

If I ever make a ROM hack, I'll be sure to do this. With lots of lesbian subtext and subtle episode references. It would make getting your first Pokémon so much more fun.

I don't mind the idea of a Light-type - but I'd want it to be photon light, not pure-good-angelic light. Even if Dark Pokémon have sinister connotations, it's always been more about the night concept, and it should be kept that way. Though I've always kind of wanted there to be a Heavy type, personally. There are so many Pokémon and moves that would fit it perfectly.

If I ever make a ROM hack, I'll be sure to do this. With lots of lesbian subtext and subtle episode references. It would make getting your first Pokémon so much more fun.

I will actually love you forever if you do.

"And here's my Skitty, Fantastico!" XD

I don't mind the idea of a Light-type - but I'd want it to be photon light, not pure-good-angelic light. Even if Dark Pokémon have sinister connotations, it's always been more about the night concept, and it should be kept that way. Though I've always kind of wanted there to be a Heavy type, personally. There are so many Pokémon and moves that would fit it perfectly.

They could make a Light type that's the opposite of both Dark and Heavy at the same time!

I like the idea of a Heavy type, too. Pokemon needs more Physical-based Pokemon and moves ):

I like the idea of a Heavy type, too. Pokemon needs more Physical-based Pokemon and moves ):

With the physical/special split, I personally feel like there's actually way too many physical-based pokemon. Garchomp, Salamence, Tyrannitar, Scizor, Metagross... Almost all of them are physical-based (most of the time), and they're absolutely everywhere. Maybe I just feel this way though cause every Wifi team I fight has at least one of these suckers on it... people are so damn uncreative.

I like Professor Hemlock, personally.
Ooooh. Yesss.
I think that the region should be based, not on Shikoku, as somebody said earlier, but around Awaji Island I think it'd be pretty cool to have there be water in the middle and stuff.
Or just make it a region of only islands, like the fictional Islar Region, made up of a bunch of islands, holding cities, landmarks, ect on each one. Oh, and you get around by boat. :D

And she should have a certian blonde as her lab assistant :D

More buffy references?

:D!

(sorry for confusing all the non-Buffy people here. My geekiness gets out of hand sometimes)

I don't watch buffy either. :P

:D!

(sorry for confusing all the non-Buffy people here. My geekiness gets out of hand sometimes)

It's okay. :D To be honest, I understood the joke right away. Perhaps something good did come of the time I spent watching Buffy and Angel(shows not aimed at a male audience, for those that haven't watched them)? At least that is not as bad as me watching Sailor Moon....

I've been thinking about this recently, but (not counting nostalgia) I think a major reason people like G/S/C so much is because of the atmosphere. You guys have to admit both R/S/E and D/P/Pt had a different air about them. Not that it is a bad thing, but I'm in the boat that prefers the atmosphere of the Johto and Kanto regions. Perhaps the two could be combined to please fans on both sides?

Even if Dark Pokémon have sinister connotations, it's always been more about the night concept, and it should be kept that way.
Personally I see dark types as more of a "sneaky" type or a "malicious" type than an "embodiment of evil" type or a "shadow" type or a "literal absence of light" type or whatever. Hence why dark moves include bite, taunt, pursuit, thief, sucker punch, and beat up. Darkrai is probably the exception to this rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom