• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't Flygon have a Mitsubishi-style tail, too?

While I'm all for an aardvark Pokemon (favourite animal, yay!), Thingy doesn't have ears and a big fluffy tail, which, I think, should be a requirement for an aardvark 'Mon.

Maybe it's only big and fluffy at the end and that's what the heck those leafy bits actually are? o: Like, maybe it has a tail like a shaved poodle?
edit: Anteaters have those markings across the shoulder that taper towards the spine, too, kinda like the thingy coming out of Thingy's shoulder maybe?

...could've spent this time doing homework, but I wanted to make sure that I posted my ideas before the official reveal this time *glares at Zoroark* Anyway, some shitty doodles of my own just to try out different configurations/suggestions/ugh.

Left1.png

Tried the "celebi-head" orientation just to see what I could make of it without actually imitating celebi. Might be a parasaurolophus.

Left2.png

Made it red because every fire starter save cyndaquil is almost the exact same shade of orange and ugh. Also tried to make the faux flame on its tail "shiny" with some crappy highlights. It still screams "charmander", though, even if that tail flame isn't real. Primarily why I don't think this is fire-type. :/

Left3.png

Water. I think. I just made it blue, I dunno. You tell me what it is. (Actually I'm thinking that it must be some sort of non-parasaurolophus hadrosaur if the long bit is the snout. Eh.)

Mid1.png

Fire bunny. I think it should be a bomb. Because exploding rabbits.

Mid2.png

This was actually supposed to be a fire-pig-bomb thing. But then, without warning, it apparently turned into a radish. So now it is a radish.

...I like the radishpig.

Right1.png

Otter-mink-muskrat-cat-lemur-bear-binturong-parakeet-fuck-I-don't-know-what-it-is.

Right2.png

I was trying to make it a panda, god knows why, but then it turned into a raccoon. Or a blue red panda. Or a ferret. Uh. Pick something.

Right3.png

Went further with the red panda/raccoon thing only I made it fire and yeah.

This guy's interpretations are pretty cool, btw.

Also, I remembered a fake water starter someone made a few years ago. Might want to see it. Lol, I wonder if Rizzo has noticed yet.

These drawings make the sillohoutes look drastically better. These are all great though I think it's dannichu's first interpretation. It just seems to... fit better. I wonder what their evolutions will look like?

Grass type parasaurolophus is nice.

Exploding rabbits. :D

Otter-mink-muskrat-cat-lemur-bear-binturong-parakeet-fuck-I-don't-know-what-it-is.

Now that is an awesome thing to cal it.

The other guys interpretations aree just "meh". I like the Celebi head more than the Cyndaquil head. ;-;

I think I've jumped firmly into the celebi-head camp. Look at the curvature of the top of Thingy's head. It's just a lot more natural to imagine it as a celebi head than as a snout. Its head would have to be at a very awkward angle for it to be the latter.

This guy is a good artist and all, but I am going to have nightmares about his grass starter.

I just saw one fan art thingy of the lower left starter on Pokebeach. It was actually pretty original. Instead of the lizard and stuff that everyone kept guessing about, it was actually a small bird with a big green feather or whatever its called.

I think I've jumped firmly into the celebi-head camp. Look at the curvature of the top of Thingy's head. It's just a lot more natural to imagine it as a celebi head than as a snout. Its head would have to be at a very awkward angle for it to be the latter.

charizard

Anorexizard says hi.

...I personally think it's the "overly long snout". Allows for quite a few species. Lizards, kangaroos, anteaters... Also, a Celebi-head on a grass-type (let's face it: that's the grass type starter) is a bit too derivative.

SEE SEE I TOLD YOU ALL IT WAS BIDOOF

But those are all some realistic guesses to what the starters could look like

I think that the silhouettes are part of Nintendo's plan to get the Pokemon Fan Base to draw their pokemon for them

do want <3 <3

also guys I really don't think the tall spindly one is the fire type. :/ It's far, far too like charmander. And I'd really like a fast water-type starter for once. >:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom