• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Donkey Kong and Infernape had a baby it would be Hihidaruma.

I love the zebra... I love electric-types. And I hope the pigeon evolves into something cool, like funky-looking Starly evolved into Staraptor, mostly because I always use the birds... Chinchilla is cute. The other pokes are alright, I don't hate them or anything but I'm not crazy about them.

I wish they'd use a little more creativity with their bird, though. I stop using them now because they're all practically the same.

So, from what I've seen the new sprites this generation look really crappy.

Some degree of quality has to be lost to make the sprites move, but still...

Wow, hackers will no longer have to use roms. "HEY DUDE LOOK! I JUST USED _______ TO MAKE MAH CHINCHILLA LVL 10000000000000000000000000000000!"

It's kinda scary how fast Pokemon's evolving (no pun intended).

Oh god, I was just thinking of the possible uses for this. I figured it would be pointless to provided the whole game online if you already have the cart, so it would probably be used for areas added after the game is released as well as a general online hub for people with the game. Imagine that, after a while, they put up an area with Hoenn Pokemon. Maybe an online event to go to the Distortion World(for whatever reason). Perhaps a Battle Frontier? The possibilities are indeed endless....

Could also be a new way to do events - upload your save file, go to a special Internet-only area to catch a special legendary, send it back.

So, from what I've seen the new sprites this generation look really crappy.

Some degree of quality has to be lost to make the sprites move, but still...
And exactly who the fuck gives a shit about that?

Oh, excuse me, I should have said who, other than nine year olds, gives a fuck about that.

Wow, Erif, chill. o.o

Anyways, with all the content they're stuffing in, I to agree that the sprites are a reasonable exchange, considering that they are, after all, animating them.

internet pokemon = digimon???

also i like the sprites. and keep in mind they may not be final. :|

I really like some of the sprites, though the okapi (Shimama?) looks funny.

I think I will cry if there are no overworld Pokémon following you, though. :'(

Same here. It was such a great idea for HG/SS and Pokemon fans have been wanting that since Pokemon Yellow. GameFREAK, don't let us down now!

Also, how are the sprites bad? They seem perfectly normal to me. o.o
I still love Gear for some reason. I don't know why; it just looks adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
I really like some of the sprites, though the okapi (Shimama?) looks funny.

I think I will cry if there are no overworld Pokémon following you, though. :'(

It might be sad, but it think we could get used to it if it wasn't there. we're not crying over the lack of a poketch, so it wouldn't be the end of the world

As a side question, what will happen to the Pokewalker?

Wait... so you can play the game over the Internet as well? I predict a hacking...!

Seems pretty cool, and I really do like being able to play over the Internet; I can't use wifi otherwise.

And exactly who the fuck gives a shit about that?

Oh, excuse me, I should have said who, other than nine year olds, gives a fuck about that.

uh, me? and I'm older than you, so

I really hope they keep the overworld following thing too. I guess it's not a huge tragedy if they don't, but I don't want my little dude to be lonely. :<

It'd be nice if they kept Pokewalker compatibility, but I could also see it just being a gimmick for HG/SS. What I hope they don't do is feel the need to reheash it with every new game. Which isn't likely, but still.

internet pokemon = digimon???

DUDE

Pokemon are going to start randomly appearing in the real world, and there's gonna be this cool underground organization dedicated to eradicating the ones that do! But kids are gonna start teaming up with Pokemon that come to the real world and battling evil while showing the leader of said underground organization that Pogeymans have feelings too! And then eventually a large sentient pink blob originally meant to keep the Pokemon world from going out of control (but has now gone out of control itself) is going to emerge in all of the world's major cities and keep mutating until everything is destroyed, and we'll have to FUSE TOGETHER WITH OUR POKEMON to stop it and I'm going to shut up now.

It might be sad, but it think we could get used to it if it wasn't there. we're not crying over the lack of a poketch, so it wouldn't be the end of the world
I never liked the Pokétch. There is also no way in hell that they wouldn't involve the bottom screen significantly, given HGSS controls.

Also? No, I think I'd be rather unhappy about it for a while. I was never very big on the Pikachu in Yellow, but that's simply because it's a Pikachu; I love seeing the tiny Pokémon follow me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom