• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't be too hard to include another moss rock or ice rock though. And in the case of Magnezone and Probopass, I could see them throwing in some sort of lame copout thing like the 'Coronet Rock' or something.

Or those could all just be among the Pokemon that you have to import to be able to complete your Pokedex. I think for D/P there were some that could only be imported from the GBA games. Which was kind of annoying, but yeah.

...I hope to lady gaga they don't have you going back to Sinnoh. D:

Or those could all just be among the Pokemon that you have to import to be able to complete your Pokedex. Mr. Dude rocks! I think for D/P there were some that could only be imported from the GBA games. Which was kind of annoying, but yeah.

There were some Pokemon you couldn't get in D/P. Which is why we have Platinum and HG/SS.

But GSC could trade with RBY; Kanto wasn't added for compatibility, it was added because they could. That's why she said "GSC" as opposed to "Johto".

Anyway, Tailsy, wouldn't you rather have one that was a bit more distant than Sinnoh? I don't care one way or the other if Hoenn is accessible in BW--a graphical update would be nice, whatever, but as has been said hundreds of times it's not as though there's a compatibility issue--but that's the one region, as far as new releases go, that we haven't seen in a while. It's not like Gen II where the only other region was Kanto. Now there are options, and people would probably prefer something slightly less fresh if there must be a return trip.

Last edited:
The way I see it, if there's going to be a region we can explore additionally in B&W it'll be Hoenn, because there's much less reason to remake Sinnoh than Hoenn. While Hoenn is still compatible with the other games, it's the only one not yet on the DS. :| While that's a pretty poor reason, they don't really have any reason to remake Sinnoh other than to be able to get a few random pokemon which they could easily trade over to B&W anyway.

Something tells me it's a fake, honestly. The sketches of Jessie and James don't really look exactly the same style as the anime to me. Specifically, Jessie's hair and James' arms.

why would they not use either of the two protagonist characters like they did for the sinnoh and hoenn series?

Anyway, Tailsy, wouldn't you rather have one that was a bit more distant than Sinnoh? I don't care one way or the other if Hoenn is accessible in BW--a graphical update would be nice, whatever, but as has been said hundreds of times it's not as though there's a compatibility issue--but that's the one region, as far as new releases go, that we haven't seen in a while. It's not like Gen II where the only other region was Kanto. Now there are options, and people would probably prefer something slightly less fresh if there must be a return trip.

Nope! I like Sinnoh best.

Sinnoh has certain places where certain Pokemon evolve, so it would break the pattern.

Like Spaekle said, it's easy to throw in Moss and Ice rocks. Probopass and Magnezone could easily be evolved in a mountain or Victory Road or something.

There were some Pokemon you couldn't get in D/P. Which is why we have Platinum and HG/SS.

That's incorrect; Platinum exists because there have been third-version games every since RBY. HG/SS exists cause GSC's internal battery started dying long before that and they were much-loved games.

The Pokemon that were missing in those games IIRC were Tangela and Tropius (and Tangrowth by extension), which were easily obtained by Pal Park-ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom