• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine that gastly's comparison size actually changes quite a bit between games, and it appearing to be the same size as doduo doesn't seem that far-fetched--it's largely amorphous, after all. Granted, you'd think there'd be more consistency in the size of its facebody, and I'm fairly certain that that isn't 4'3", but they could draw that vapor around it any way they liked and make the silhouette misleading.

But not all this quite matches up... White is the one with the more nature-y feel, from the screenshots I've seen. And not just White Forest/Black City, many other locations reportedly have differeces in style, as shown by Serebii's screenshots from a source I didn't bother to find. But according to them, Zekrom is White's mascot and Reshiram is Black's. Considering Black has a much more technologically advanced feel from what I've seen ad White is much more natural, how does that work? I mean the Dragon/Electric Zekrom with a spark on his head and a jet engine on his rear doesn't quite match White's much more natural appearance, and the Dragon/Fire Reshiram that looks like somethig out of a fantasy book or fairy tale doesn't really match the ultra-modern hi-tech appearance of Black. Then again, the whole idea of the White dragon being Black's mascot and vice-versa seed kinda messed up to me from the beginning.

What if it was something like Zekrom is supposed to be in the technology world and Reshiram is supposed to be in the nature-y world, but somehow they got messed up and that's causing problems? Like how Groudon and Kyogre caused problems in RS? Of course, the "problems" that Groudon and Kyogre "caused" didn't affect anything at all, except a few routes where it was storming or really sunny, omg the world is ending! It'd be nice if there was a little more done with that.

Something representing both yin and yang or something representing chaos would be more likely, although it's not like there has to be a third member of the group. Ho-Oh and lugia, for example.

I would be really happy if they didn't have a third member of the group. Legendaries are getting too traditionalized; it's like a Pokémon game would be incomplete and horrible if it didn't have a legendary trio. Legends are losing their legend-ness.

Gigaiasu =/= Nosepass evo.

This.

There are going to be a lot of new evolutions if today's Pokebeach article is to be trusted.

* #637 - Ice / Fighting
* #638 - Fire / Dark
* #639 - Ground / Bug
* #640 - Poison / Dragon
* #641 - Steel
* #642 - Water
* #643 - Fire
* #644 - Dragon / Ice
* #645 - Normal / Ghost
* #646 - Dragon
* #647 - Dark / Psychic

I seriously doubt we'd have so many single stage Pokemon together... chances are, we're getting evolutions for some old Pokemon. Houndoom? Nincada? Maybe a couple new ones (Dragon and Dark/Psychic don't match with anything else, so they might be new mons), but probably some new ones.

I'd really like it if these mostly are single-stage Pokémon. What with so many old Pokémon gaining new evolutions, I miss the feel of a Pokémon being a single-stage Pokémon and that's that. Not everything has to have an evolution to be cool. =<

What with the popularity of the DS-with-a-camera-and-no-GBA-slot, chances are Nintendo was going to require you to have two DSes.

so now i have to buy another ds

how great

TOTALLY NOT A SOULLESS CORPORATION, YUP YUP YUP

How could you do it any other way? That's like saying it's not fair that you have to have two DSes for trading between two games from gen 4.

How could you do it any other way? That's like saying it's not fair that you have to have two DSes for trading between two games from gen 4.

well some of us kinda don't wanna spend another $200 on a ds just to send over one of my pokemon. |:

Right about now I am glad as hell that I have two DS's and plan on getting a 3DS. :3

You know, I like the design of Team Plasma, actually. Old-school knighty guys.

Ehh, nsiw Team Plasma. Was almost sort of hoping they'd do away with The Evil Team, but I guess they can't break the pattern that much. At any rate the costumes aren't very cool-looking. :\

The swan Pokemon looks pretty cool. :]

well some of us kinda don't wanna spend another $200 on a ds just to send over one of my pokemon. |:
Do you have Wi-Fi? Just trade it to somebody else, and then make them trade to the game you want it on. That's what I do and I don't have two DSes.

Also, Team Plasma was expected. I was hoping they'd break the pattern, but eh, I knew they'd go back to that whole jig. I can't say much about the new Pokemon because again, their pictures are too unclear for me to have a real opinion.

EDIT: Oh wait, you actually PHYSICALLY need to have two DSes. Damn. I hope they fix that.

Last edited:
You guys can't really fault GF for requiring two DSes. It's not like any of the DSes have two slots for DS games.*

And it's not like you have two own two of them. The whole point behind Pokemon is socialization. Ever since R/B you had to get access to a seond Game Boy in order to catch them all. They probably figured that you had some friends with one.

*Funny thing is, the DSi was going to have an extra slot. Imagine if they went that route and you had to use a DSi...boy, people everywhere would be soooo pissed.

EDIT: Score! Post 1500. :D

Also, guess I should mention that these games look stunning for DS games. Guess developing games for the system for a little over 4 years now helps out with the graphical polish, huh?

Just saw the video and stuff so I have a few things I'm gleeful about.

SEASONS YAY

GORGEOUS GRAPHICS YAY

SUBWAY WHERE YOU BATTLE RANDOM TRAINERS YAY

RANDOM DOUBLE BATTLES YAY

DEER POKEMON YAY

STORK/SWAN POKEMON YAY

The 2 DS thing was expected, but if the normal DS and the 3DS are compatible then I don't really think there will be a problem. Even if there is a problem, I don't really care. Chances are, they'll make a majority of the 600+ Pokemon available in-game. The Pokemon that I can't get I'll just get some internet people to go to the Wi-Fi club in order to access it. I don't care about cross-gen trading anyways.

I think the 'seasons' shown was just the difference between Black and White of that area. I mean, why would they show a random season split in a montage of Black/White splits? But yeah, I like the idea of the battling train. Hopefully there'll be a feature like on the boat in Gen. II (SS. Tidal? Or Aqua?) that allows you to just finish the journey right away rather than having to battle trainers every time you want to zoom between the two places it goes to.

I'm not really seeing the "graphics are so great compared to the 4th-gen games" thing.

Based on the screenshots, the 5th-gen games don't really look a whole lot better to me, graphics-wise, than Diamond and Pearl did... and definitely not as good as HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Of course, Diamond/Pearl looked absolutely horrible in the still screenshots (especially the low-quality ones we got first), but then they ended up not being all that bad when seen in motion on an actual DS... so Black/White will probably turn out the same way. I haven't seen any gameplay videos of the 5th-gen games yet (I have dial-up and videos take ages to load), so I can't tell if they really look that bad or if it's just the "3D games always look like garbage in still screenshots" effect again.

Team Plasma look a lot better then most of the other teams, except maybe Rocket. And the whole knight look is pretty dorky/cute/stupid/lulz. Maybe if they removed their hoods. Or maybe it's just me.

Ah well, maybe they'll just play out like Rocket did; random crimes that were only to pad out the game/stop you from advancing too far/make the game look like it had a plot. Or maybe they serve as protector knights/knights templar.

@Zeph You could go to a new destination without battle in R/S/E though, can't you? And the seasons thing looks legit to me.

And Mirohoggu looks fake to me o.o Ah well, the other two they revealed look good. But the games are only less than 2 months away o.o I didn't realise it was so soon.

EDIT: Lol at Smugleaf in the Music Show screenshots.

Last edited:
everywhere but this forum (and maybe serebii, I forget) calls them the Plasma gang, not Team Plasma. to me the Plasma Gang sounds cooler, although the hoods are pretty lame. When I saw them, the first thing to pop into my mind was the Templar knights, and that would be cool, if they were kind of like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom