• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think mentioning a Hoothoot/Natu/Bellossom thing was worth mentioning, but it is interesting. I wonder if it is stand alone or has an evolution? Though personally, I think there are plenty of weak grass/flying types already, unless this isn't grass/flying.

And I think you mean East. Because all of them were in the South-West except for New Bark, which was in the East. Or do you mean West West instead of South West?

Last edited:
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

If you look at the section censored by the spoiler button, there's a picture of it an an evolution.

Serebii is calling it the plant owl. I don't really like it, because it looks stupid. But the pic's aren't very clear so that may change.

It might evolve into a really good Pokémon, for all we know. And if it does, I'm catching myself one.

Though I still don't know what my dream team is, except Smugleaf line. Though I do have a pattern of starter, fire/water/grass (depends on starter and next 'Mon), fire/water/grass (depends on starter and former 'Mon), Flying-type, Electric-type, and Dark/Psychic. But if I can get two birds with one stone, it leaves a spot for something I really like.

@_Ditto_: That Pokémon with the plant owl is not in the same line.

Awww, winter Shikijika is so cute! I have to have it! So excited about this thing! 83 Hope it evolves.

It's too bad the fake scan was fake... It was so convincing! I love the Broccolimon's art. Maybe this person got legit art from somewhere but just made the fake fish to match? The screenshots for everything besides the fish are convincing too, especially the shadows that actually match the shape of the thing. Fishguy just has a round shadow. Either way the sprites are very well done.

Though personally, I think there are plenty of weak grass/flying types already, unless this isn't grass/flying.

There's hardly any Grass/Flying types, though... only the Hoppip line and Tropius. Maybe you were thinking of Bug/Flying.

What I mean is that we have enough useless grass/flying types (Hoppip line and Tropius), and Plantbird doesn't look to change that trend at all. At least bug/flying has Scyther and Yanmega. Though Tropius was pretty cool, but still fairly weak and useless. Maybe I'm just biased against Hoppip and friends.

For the record, how many Pokemon have been revealed? Certainly more then last time I was around for unveiling.

Last edited:
>: Tropius makes an okay UU wall thingy with Sunny Day support as long as you don't run into any ice moves! It gets Leech Seed and Roost!

Also, about 40 new Pokemon have been shown so far. Serebii lists 39 but left out Broccolimon.

What I mean is that we have enough useless grass/flying types (Hoppip line and Tropius), and Plantbird doesn't look to change that trend at all. At least bug/flying has Scyther and Yanmega. Though Tropius was pretty cool, but still fairly weak and useless. Maybe I'm just biased against Hoppip and friends.

Jumpluff isn't useless wtf

Jumpluff is tied with Sceptile for the fastest (legal) user of Substitute and Leech Seed, and is the fastest user of Spore (there are like three iirc so he doesn't have much competition here). Certainly not useless.

Jumpluff is tied with Sceptile for the fastest (legal) user of Substitute and Leech Seed, and is the fastest user of Spore (there are like three iirc so he doesn't have much competition here). Certainly not useless.

uh, it doesn't get spore. sleep powder is cool, though.

it is the third fastest sleeper, tied with gengar, after darkrai an purugly, but sleep powder is superior to hypnosis. nothing on dark void, but.

Looks like I found the word I meant earlier; I found the Jumpluffs fairly forgettable. Hell, I didn't even know they existed for a few years ^^" and I just think that Plantbird looks like it could tread the same path. Of course, your mileage may vary there.

Oh, and speaking of movesets, it's been revealed what Complete Burn does; it makes all the berries on the opponents team unusable, and Victini's ability boosts the accuracy of it and its teammates moves.

Ah, so it burns up all their berries so they're all burnt and gross and inedible. Not what I was expecting at all, but it works.

The ability sounds like an extremely useful one... I wonder if the boost would be enough to make 1-hit-KOs actually usable without Mind Reader/Lock-On/ridiculously good luck. Does it affect every teammate, or just the others on the field in double/triple battles?

I believe Pokebeach said the ability affects teammates that were out in play. Not really a point boosting the accuracy of a Pokemon on stand by.

I thought Complete Burn was gonna be some deadly attack, because that's what it sounded like to me... But I guess it could be useful.

I'm so glad to see seasons in this game. I've been waiting for it!

Oh, and it appears we now have the real image of Bassroar. Well, sort of, on Pokebeach. (horrible quality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom