• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrm. I don't think I really have any opinion on the news. The starter evos are...okay. I'm sure they'll grow on me, but at the moment I'm impartial to them. If I had to pick one, I think I'd go with Smugleaf or Pokabu, just because Mijimuru's final evo is very...abrupt. As for Yanappu, it's just too gimmicky for me to really care. Now, if they end up getting evolutions, then okay, but I have a feeling that they're just the Plusle/Minun of this generation. Single-stage and somewhat meh.

Huh.

Well these are probably my favourite starters as of any generation yet :U

The only things that bother me are the colours on the second stage otter, which look really iffy to me, and the second stage bacon, which look plain ugly to me.

Sorry.

On the other hand, the final evolutions are amazing. Ganonpig is cool, because it's Ganonpig. The Grass Dragon is many times better than Smugleaf and Smugleaf was good to begin with. It has a certain grace to it, kinda like Milotic. And lastly Narwotter is awesome and I'll totally get it first.

But honestly, I am not COMPLETELY convinced that these are, in fact, real. But just look I am gonna turn out wrong like always.

grass line is badass, fire line is aight, I don't know how Wotter turns into that badass thing but the last stage is badass.

Here's a probably-not-faked screenshot of Ganonpig fighting... something we haven't seen yet?

Found it on twitter; wasn't sure if it'd been posted on Serebii/Pokebeach or not.

The guy who posted it wrote in Spanish and is apparently viewing PokéExperto (which he mentions in whatever he wrote). I wonder if this is the contact WPM was talking about when he said these were all but confirmed?

...did some Spanish kid get his hands on BW before us and the Japanese? >|

Here's a probably-not-faked screenshot of Ganonpig fighting... something we haven't seen yet?

Found it on twitter; wasn't sure if it'd been posted on Serebii/Pokebeach or not.
Pokejungle debunked that screenshot, so it is fake, I suppose. I'll just quote their reasoning.

Pokejungle said:
Just found this picture on 4ch, I previously said the picture could possibly be real, but upon further inspection the text above the HP gauge says “Mijumaru”, the HP should be 150 for a Pokabu evo at level 50 not 137 and it kinda looks like the other Pokemon’s HP gauge says “Yanappu” above it. So it’s a defininte fake. :/ Allthough because this is fake, it does give the starter evos a higher chance of also being fake as well. Also, PokeExperto in the background..same website that posted the starter evos….a bit fishy :/

Well, a Dragonsnake pokemon is high up on my list of take and train pokemon. Except if it's part grass.

Also, @ Zackirinian: Because dragons have high stats, and are sometimes considered nearly legendary, Ice weakness is an equalizer. And, Ice is one of the fewest common types for both pokemon and moves. and this is also why yache berries exist,and why most dragons can learn fire type moves.

I actually really like these evolutions... but now I'm not sure if I want Tsutaja or Pokabu, since both of them are so unbelieveably awesome.

I really hope this isn't just some intricate fake because these are cool.

They are obviously fake. Mijumaru's second form doesn't even match colour wise, and the last doesn't look anything -like- it. I guess I could -sort of- see Tsutaja's last form being real, but Pokabu's second evolution looks like a mere redesign of the original, plus the lame final form. Though I do admit the "final form" of Miju looks cool as, it's obviously not an evo. Maybe it's a separate Pokemon.

So yes, still waiting for their proper final forms. The developers said they wanted to keep a lot of new pokemon secret, so why would they release perhaps the most important Pokemon?

Also of note: Baoppu. If this is true, as a form of promoting triple battles, and all belonging to Dento, mean that they have abolished the strictly type gym?

Last edited:
Hrm. What was the reasoning for making Charizard fire/flying and not fire/dragon? I don't remember where I heard it, but I thought it was something about making it a more common choice over the other two or something. But if that's true, why would they change that? As cool as grass/dragon would be, I really hope it isn't part-dragon.

I find it hard to believe that... thing is water/fighting, too. Barring Arceus, no fighter has ever been on all fours like that, which I guess is really no surprise, so... I dunno.

I also think the screenshot of Ganonpig fighting that unknown thing is a fake. The unknown thing reminded me of a Froslass with a body standing in front of a narrowing log. But then, I also thought the person's arm was a cat, at first, so...

Edit: As for the type-specific gym thing, I hope that's true. Maybe keeping with a sort of theme would be cool (such as the Trick Room theme in HG/SS's Viridian gym... maybe Dento's gym could feature the new triple battles with his monkeys and those "oath" attacks?).

I think dragon was a last-minute decision type, wasn't it? I don't think I was supposed to exist at first, which would explain Charizard's typing.

Hrm. What was the reasoning for making Charizard fire/flying and not fire/dragon? I don't remember where I heard it, but I thought it was something about making it a more common choice over the other two or something. But if that's true, why would they change that? As cool as grass/dragon would be, I really hope it isn't part-dragon.

Same reasons why Gyarados and Aerodactyl aren't /Dragon, either? And yes, they've been trying to make the types less "special" (see: Mightyena, Altaria, Mawile). Also, in 4th gen, Dragons were completely ridiculously overpowered. This is an issue that's (hopefully) being addressed. Besides, starters are still "special" Pokémon... I really don't see the big deal with having a /Dragon starter.

I find it hard to believe that... thing is water/fighting, too. Barring Arceus, no fighter has ever been on all fours like that, which I guess is really no surprise, so... I dunno.
First time for everything, isn't there?

I also think the screenshot of Ganonpig fighting that unknown thing is a fake. The unknown thing reminded me of a Froslass with a body standing in front of a narrowing log. But then, I also thought the person's arm was a cat, at first, so...
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed fake.

Also, Bulbapedia just posted the starters as real.

I'm even more disapointed now. Yeah, sure Smugleaf and Wotter's evolutions are great, but I loved Pokabu so much. I hate you Ganonpig. Maybe it's the artwork. The sprites might be better.

I like the types, though. I thought bizarrely Pokabu would be a dark type earlier because it had black and I like the type combination, so that's good. I also was loving the idea of grass dragon. I thought Wotter woul've been a pure water type but I think I even like this combination better.

On the Yanappu thing, I'm open to it. It sounds fun.

Last edited:
I /really/ hope there aren't fake. I want a Ganonpig. D:
Don't see why everyone's hating on them though, but then again, Fan Dumb as usual.

Since they're back I guess I'll have some kind of opinion on them.

I still want to know where the shading is. The lack of it is particularly noticeable on pig two. So much blank orange space. But maybe Ken Sugimori got bored, or this is an early version of the images or something. I don't know. I guess that doesn't have to make it fake.

I don't mind the pig evolutions other than the flatness. Like someone said, the third one is a little too complex, but it's at least interesting. I could possibly use one at some point.

The otter's second evolution is pretty good. It reminds me distinctly of Luxray, but if something works... The third one here is jarring. When did that happen? I like it okay, but I would like it more if it were attached to something that made sense. It's also the first one that's actually made me think Digimon, despite what people keep saying about this generation, but I don't see why that's even remotely a problem in the first place.

I liked Smugleaf the best, but... I'm not fond of its evolutions here. It grew some leaves. So what? I'm still hoping this design is a fake and the silhouette is just wearing some clothes or something. It's boring. I guess it's great that it turns into a dragon in the end, and although it's not quite as big a leap as the otter's, it still is one. And the design just isn't that interesting to me initially.

I don't have a problem with these, they're pretty decent. I could see myself liking all of them even though I'm not that interested right now. If they're real I'm not sure what to pick. D:

On the supposed types: Dragon is excellent. It means I'll die a lot if I pick Smugleaf because everything has Ice, but, whatever. I'm not really that interested in such an orange Pokemon being a Dark type, but that might be cool. Also, in Black and White, I sort of like the idea of a starter being Dark. Fighting is a boring type compared to those two even though I guess it sort of looks like one, but now that I think about it, people always think of Fighting as the stand-in for a Light type. Hmm...

I guess I'll just wait for some confirmed news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom