• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the supposed types: Dragon is excellent. It means I'll die a lot if I pick Smugleaf because everything has Ice, but, whatever. I'm not really that interested in such an orange Pokemon being a Dark type, but that might be cool. Also, in Black and White, I sort of like the idea of a starter being Dark. Fighting is a boring type compared to those two even though I guess it sort of looks like one, but now that I think about it, people always think of Fighting as the stand-in for a Light type. Hmm...
Well... Dragon and Dark are two of the "special" types and Fighting is statistically the "best" type.

I found this link someone provided interesting, which makes it seem that at least Wotter's evolutions were photoshopped. Not for certain, though, but it is interesting.

I found this link someone provided interesting, which makes it seem that at least Wotter's evolutions were photoshopped. Not for certain, though, but it is interesting.

That was just posted on the last page.

Also, the middle form at minimum is definitely real as it was leaked ages ago.

Last edited:
I was thinking Tsutarja. It's second form is quite cute, apparently, but I don't use Dragon much due to the fact that almost everything has Ice moves these days... and most final Dragon forms are x4 weak to Ice.

Pokabu is very cute, but its evos ruin it. Bye-bye.

Mijimaru is cute as, 2nd form is so awesome it makes my brain explode. But... what is that last evolution? How the hell does Mijitwo evolve into that... thing? I'm getting Mijimaru, but not getting that last form.

Besides, Fighting-types rule.

Hm, Pokabu's evolutions certaintly are not appealing to me, and I doubt I'll get used to them. That makes me sad, actually; Pokabu was my favorite Isshu starter.

At least I really like Tsutaaja and Mijumaru. But now I have the problem of getting either Mijumaru or Tsutaaja. I like both of their final evolution very much, but...Not sure.

I guess Tsutaaja: I am starting to like her alot more. But we'll just have to see. *goes back to Tsutaaja Fanart*

Guys, I'd like to reminds you that Gamefreak always has somewhat of a logic when making two Pokémon related by evolution. For example, Snorunt is derived from Zashiki-warashi as is evident from its Japanese name (Yukiwarashi) and some of its Pokédex entries.
Snorunt's Diamond/Pearl dex entry said:
In the snow country, certain folklore says a house will prosper if a Snorunt lives there.

Snorunt in turn evolves into Froslass, which is based on the Yuki-Onna , another kind of spirit from Japanese folklore.

So as illogical the evolution from Mijamaru's second to third evolution, I think we'll find that there is logic behind it after all.

The colours could be fake. Just doesn't seem natural, though it obviously has grounds in reality like Tsutaja's first evolution.

Also, I must have passed over that link ._. I was pretty sure I had read most of the last two pages.

Guys, I'd like to reminds you that Gamefreak always has somewhat of a logic when making two Pokémon related by evolution. For example, Snorunt is derived from Zashiki-warashi as is evident from its Japanese name (Yukiwarashi) and some of its Pokédex entries.

Snorunt in turn evolves into Froslass, which is based on the Yuki-Onna , another kind of spirit from Japanese folklore.

So as illogical the evolution from Mijamaru's second to third evolution, I think we'll find that there is logic behind it after all.

No other starter has made such a blatantly huge jump with little resemblance, besides blue and some shells. If it were based on some obscure mythology, I doubt they would develop Mijumaru by the usual standard and then give us the myth Pokemon without some sort of middle grounds on the second evolution.

If these are the real evolutions, I may very well go through the games without evolving my starter. Ganonpig is really the only final evolution who I kinda like. Smugleaf's final evo looks depressed and no longer smug. Mijimuru's final evo is probably the coolest of the final evo's, admittedly, but it loses many points because it looks almost entirely different from the other two.

To clarify for anyone who might be confused (assuming I understand this correctly myself): this analysis works by looking at how degraded an image is, that is, how many times it's been compressed as a result of having been saved at less than 100% quality. The fact that the two pokémon in the picture show up brighter than the background suggest that they have been saved more times than the rest of the picture. This doesn't suggest anything about the individual designs themselves, except by inference--instead, it suggests that they've been copied from some other source and then pasted together on that background. Obviously, mid-otter was lifted from some official media where it was released, and the other came from another image file as well. The legitimacy of that final form is therefore unknown unless you know the original place it came from, but what the analysis does point to is that the two pokémon did not originally appear together as shown in the final picture. Alternatively there were a few cycles of touching up + saving that concentrated on those two parts of the picture specifically, but since it's known that the mid-otter isn't manipped (unless they were adjusting the colors or something), I think that copy and paste is more likely.

FWIW I think they're totally fake, though the above analysis does little to confirm it IMO.

If this is going to be another "fake out" I might rage. I was glad to hear they were fake the first time, because I didn't want to know what the starter's evos looked like (and this shit gets hard to avoid anymore), and then they were real, and now they're fake again, I don't even know. Now that my hopes are up again that they haven't been spoiled for me yet, I might have to go out on a rampage if they're really real for real this time.

nooo, my narwhotter :c I thought that design was freaking awesome

although I am slightly surprised that it wasn't PK with the fake pokemon this time.

Well, at least dragonsnake still remains. sorry about the narwotter, though.
What? Dragonsnake is gone as well. The only two Pokemon from those evos that are real are Wotter's 2nd stage and Smugleaf's second stage because they were on the anime sheet that revealed a ton of other Pokemon and stuff. Pokabu's evos and the final stages have all been disproven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom