• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently realized that some of the new music reminds me a lot of Maple Story and La Tale.

Would anyone agree with me?

Maybe if I played those games. :(

I like the music though. Especially the battle themes. Great use of Ominous Latin Chanting in my opinion.

Also, I maybe the only that sees this, but ^_^=
615.png
Funny, usually when I look at that thing I see an angry mask like those Chinese dragons you see often at parades (I'll find an image of what I mean) =
615.png

EDIT: If I get both Kirizikan and Goruggo on my team, I shall call them Edward and Alphonse immediately. Seriously, that can't be a coincidence. (Well, they're close enough anyway. Which makes them being version exclusives rather sad)

Last edited:
Kay so I've played through Hiun City and I must say, despite me not knowing what the hell is going on, Black and White are AMAZING.

For one thing, there is actually a plot. It seems that every where you go, Team Plasma is there, and there's some sort of subplot you have to do to deal with them. Add to the fact that N, Belle, Cheren, and Araragi actually appear rather often, you're definitely getting some character development in there.

Second is the presence of the rivals. In other games you just encountered them every now and then, but I'm in Hiun City and I've encountered each of them about 3 times. Not only that, but you actually meet them in most cities for parts of the plot. This really establishes the fact that you and your rivals are actually friends.

Another thing, Hiun City is HUGE. It's really cool, with the alleyway (and the man who jumps out from behind a dumpster to give you Flash) and the streets and businesses and buildings, it actually feels like a city.

One last thing, Route 4, the desert route, is really freaking cool. It's a long route, for one, and long routes are cool, but there's also this sideplace that's this ruin-like place where you can get a fossil and Desukan's pre-evo.

Overall, White is a pretty kickass game and I'll be first in line to get it when it comes out in America.

...Doesn't anyone else find it a little bit suspicious that Veekun hasn't been sent this 'letter' yet, but pretty much nearly every major fansite has? Just saying...

...Anyway, I like a lot of the older Pokémon's new sprites. Oh, and the cries are rather good too.

Last edited:
Blaziking, I have a question for you:

Are you forced to have higher-leveled Pokémon than you normally would in early parts of the game? I ask this because I'm wondering if you're /expected/ to have a team of level 60's by the eighth gym, because then maybe the higher evolution levels would make sense.

@Blaziking Awesome to hear, though Black and White being awesome has been established for a long time now xD

Speaking of battling your rivals often, (I don't think this is much of a story spoiler at all, but just in case ...) N apparently never uses the same Pokemon whenever you challenge him. So N must stand for Nuzlocke Challenge xD (that's how it's spelt, right?)

Blaziking has the game! Let's bother him! bother bother bother

So, Pokebeach have translated all dex entries.

# Hitomoshi 607: While appearing to shed light and serve as a guidepost, it sucks out creatures’ lifeforce.
# Lamplar 608: It appears before those on their deathbeds, severs the soul from the body, and immediately sucks it up.
# Chandelar 609: If something is wrapped in Chandelar’s flame, its souls is sucked out and immolated. Only the cast off body remains.

Woah this is kinda messed up

So, Pokebeach have translated all dex entries.

# Hitomoshi 607: While appearing to shed light and serve as a guidepost, it sucks out creatures’ lifeforce.
# Lamplar 608: It appears before those on their deathbeds, severs the soul from the body, and immediately sucks it up.
# Chandelar 609: If something is wrapped in Chandelar’s flame, its souls is sucked out and immolated. Only the cast off body remains.

Woah this is kinda messed up

NEED ON TEAM NAO

Rumour time!

Apparently Goruggo (the Ground/Ghost type) learns Fly. Welcome to the team. Oh god I want to see fan art of it flying around.

Wow, Chandelar is creepy. In a way it's kind of like Drifblim, but more sinister. So, OHKO if it uses Fire Spin?

EDIT: Erufuun "enters cracks and causes mischief" ... cracks in the walls of a house, of course! ... right?

Last edited:
I WANT CHANDELAR ; ; I hope it comes early enough in the game that I can get it. (I define "early" as "before the fourth gym".)

This is why I'm getting black:

Komatana 624: It fights at Kirikizan’s command. It clings to its prey and ebbs away at it with its blades.
Kirikizan 625: It hunts prey as a swarm, accompanied by large numbers of Komatana. Kirikizan lands the finishing blow.

Welcome to the team, kirikizan.

Blaziking, I have a question for you:

Are you forced to have higher-leveled Pokémon than you normally would in early parts of the game? I ask this because I'm wondering if you're /expected/ to have a team of level 60's by the eighth gym, because then maybe the higher evolution levels would make sense.

The Elite Four have teams of 48/48/48/50 so I'm leaning towards "not really".

ON TEAM NOW. IT ALWAYS WAS.

ALSO ON TEAM:
SHIBIRUDON
WARGLE
VULJINA
MEBUKIJIKA
VAIVANILLA
GOTHILSELLE
CHILLACHINO
DOREDIA
HAHAKOMORI
CHORONEKO