• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Doesn't anyone else find it a little bit suspicious that Veekun hasn't been sent this 'letter' yet, but pretty much nearly every major fansite has? Just saying...

...Anyway, I like a lot of the older Pokémon's new sprites. Oh, and the cries are rather good too.
That's because this is what caused the event:
Ryu Shoji on Bulbagarden said:
Well, I hate to bring up bad memories but...
1) WPM-Victinigate
2) Melkor's complete descriptive leaking of the new Pokémon, including silhouettes of official art.
3) Pokéjungle asking for donations of $150 and then a further $50 with the promise of leaking the third dragon's types if they did get that much.
4) Webmasters openly saying they're using ROMs, which would promote interest in them.

To be fair, if you were in Nintendo's shoes, you'd be pissed.

AtomicPokabu, you're a TVTropes editor, aren't you...or a B-tard?

Anyway, the new Pokemon really grew on me. Especially Choroneko. i used to hate it but now I love it.

I dislike most of the new final evolutions. I like pretty much all of the first evos though.

EDIT: NEVERMIND WHAT I PREVIOUSLY SAID IN THIS POST

Uh

I need to catch something for the Bug gym. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Reading all the Pokedex entries :v.

Jaroda 497: It raises its head high to intimidate opponents. In only becomes serious when fighting a strong enemy.

I love this snooty-ass thing!

Darumakka 554: Since Darumakka’s droppings are hot, ancient people put them in their pockets to warm their bodies.

?_?

Gothilselle 576: It has the ability to predict future events based on the movement of the stars. It can also see its Trainer’s lifespan.

misae.jpg

Wargle 628: A fearless warrior of the sky. It’s said that the more wounds it has on its body, the more respect it gets from its comrades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

Sazando 635: The heads on its arms lack brains. It destroys and devours everything with its 3 heads.

AWESOME. I love how vicious half these Pokemon are. They all kill stuff in such violent ways.

Leafpool said:
Blaziking, I have a question for you:

Are you forced to have higher-leveled Pokémon than you normally would in early parts of the game? I ask this because I'm wondering if you're /expected/ to have a team of level 60's by the eighth gym, because then maybe the higher evolution levels would make sense.
I don't think so. I think the high evolution levels were added for extra challenge to the game. Because the game now scales EXP, it makes grinding and leveling up slightly more difficult, so usually, no matter how many Pokemon you have, you're around the same level as the gym that you face.

Plus most of the Pokemon evolve by Lv. 50, I believe. The only Pokemon that don't are mostly available post game.

lolwhut. Do you pay attention to what you say? If anything, Black and White are the most unique games of the entire series. No returning Pokemon in the regional dex, Pokemon that usually evolve at Lv. 30-60, triple battles, a story, let alone one with characters that don't fade into the background after a while, and one that is actually kind of interesting.

Plus if a game references other games in the same series, I don't see how that is ripping it off.

I know that. other than the little thing, the game is DEFINITELY amazing.

Rant #4: Nintendo, I HATE YOU FOR MAKING SEREBII REMOVE THEIR PICS. If your not nintendo, I SHALL FIND YOU.

EDIT: Psypokes won't let me on to the main site to see the sprites. It keeps freezing, darn it.
The Nintendo letter, now that I'm done freaking out, doesn't seem legitamate.

EDIT2: It's nice they kept a lot of the TM staples (hyper beam, blizzard, etc). the infintite use thing excites me. a lot. not to mention DIVE. More to come when I can get on Psypokes.

Last edited:
Decided to make a bulletted list of stuff that other sites may not have covered in the game:

-You can get your elemental monkey before the first gym. This is a godsend, since it helps you not get thrashed by the first gym.

-The second gym is decently difficult. Aloe's first Pokemon uses Take Down a lot, which works for you and against you, since it has great attack and stab, it WILL kill you. Her second Pokemon starts off by using Get Even, which boosts in power if an ally was just killed. This can one shot most of the early game Pokemon. I had to fight her a few times before actually winning.

-Sky Arrow Bridge is purely for graphics, but damn it is good looking.

-Music for the game is VERY good. Some of the battle themes may not seem too battle-like, but they are still good, nonetheless.

-Third gym is very difficult. Aati's first Pokemon spams a Poison move, and every now and then will use Screech. If you get past the first Pokemon, then you have to face the final stage Bug/Grass type, which spams Razor Leaf which almost always seems to get critical hits. If I had a fire type I would've had an easier time.

-There is a side area branched off of Route 4 where you can find Pokemon like the Cactus Pokemon, the Bug/Rock one, Desukan's pre-evo, and I think the weird Psychic/flying type that isn't related to Koromori. Shinpo or something.

-The side area has a ruins-like area where you can obtain one of the fossils from one of the people there. You revive it at the Museum where Aloe's gym is located. They revive at Level 25, which is about the same level that you are if you immediately get them and revive them. I picked the Rock/Flying type, and oh lord it is BEASTLY.

-Some trainers, after being defeated, heal your Pokemon if you talk to them again. This is insanely useful if you are nowhere close to a Pokemon Center.

I'll make another post later.

I don't think so. I think the high evolution levels were added for extra challenge to the game. Because the game now scales EXP, it makes grinding and leveling up slightly more difficult, so usually, no matter how many Pokemon you have, you're around the same level as the gym that you face.

Scaled? Wha

Plus most of the Pokemon evolve by Lv. 50, I believe. The only Pokemon that don't are mostly available post game.

Wha. (Wait, there aren't many that evolve after it ... except the badass ones :o)

-Some trainers, after being defeated, heal your Pokemon if you talk to them again. This is insanely useful if you are nowhere close to a Pokemon Center.

Wha. <3

Rant #5: (get to floatzel.net, it's probably the only site not spammed by "nintendo" (used loosely right now) to remove pics.)
-I have a few ISSHU-es with the following sprites: Crobat (looks drunk), Linoone (back problems?), the Garbage-mon (spare parts?), Blaziken and Deoxys (disproportionate head).
-Tabunne looks 2D, and out of place. Rather simplistic in comparison to the rest of the generation.
-Muk::: i didn't think it was possible for a purple sludge blob to looks worse than a purple sludge blob sounds like it does.
-They get the 3D-Platinum/HGSS Gliscor sprite, THANK GOD!

Yea, so other than that, the game is visually stunning, but why get rid of the berries in the overworld? REALLY, GF, Really?

I love the music, it reminds me of Kanto.

PS: Dex entry for Darumakka, paraphrased: People use its hot droppings as hand warmers. LM(insert part of the anatomy)O. Hope they keep that one for the US version.

What is wrong with Garbagemon? I'm actually finally in love with crobat's sprite, however, and I do have to agree with you on linoone's spirte, though...

isshu-pokemon-65.jpg

This. Pokemon. Is. Amazing.

This threw me off so much, cause I didn't realize Pokebeach changed their images to Dittos.

Um.... this guy who's been sending letters may or may not be a fake, but bulbapedia has a news article about it. they say they can't prove if this guy is actually from nintendo, or just some prankster.

hope he's a pokemon hater and not actually from nintendo.

Here's my thought on the subject: If this dude really was from Nintendo, don't you think he'd have sent these warning letters when things first started to leak? It doesn't make sense now that these letters would be sent after the games have been released. Pokebeach seems to have all but confirmed that it's fake with their latest update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom