• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, where, specifically, is the Dig TM? I know it's in the desert, but I can't find the darned thing.

Once I know where that is, I can get on with my playthrough.

my thoughts up to the city with the broken train tracks! note that I am trying to stay somewhat spoiler free so I checked pokebeach consistently for up to like a week before the games release, but have not seen the full list of pokes yet. also I can't read japanese so I have no fucking idea what is going on. :P

- I seriously love all the new pokes. I love them so much. Every time the sprite of a pokemon appears for the first time, I go into a fit of happiness. They are all so great! It does seem like more than half of them so far were revealed before the actual launch of the games, and therefore I am already familiar than them, but obviously that is going to change later on.

- Where are all the bug pokemon? No Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, or equivalent thereof. In fact, I don't think I've seen a single wild bug pokemon! I feel like an essential part of pokemon is gone! Instead, we just get that same squirrel guy over and over and over and over. At least Bidoof had a sort of charm to it, this guy is just a douche. :P

- Pokabu is adorable! So is its evolution (I guess those leaks were real after all) but do we really need another fire/fighting starter? :P

- Ok, so what was up with the first gym? The gym leader turned into three guys, and you got to choose whichever one you wanted to fight based on the type advantage he would give you? And it was extremely easy? blaah okay, I guess it's better than having yet another rock trainer.

- ummmm... ok what the fuck do I do now? These Galactic guards are blocking the way to Hiun city and I can't get through, or read anything anyone is telling me to do. :P Help??

my thoughts up to the city with the broken train tracks! note that I am trying to stay somewhat spoiler free so I checked pokebeach consistently for up to like a week before the games release, but have not seen the full list of pokes yet. also I can't read japanese so I have no fucking idea what is going on. :P

- I seriously love all the new pokes. I love them so much. Every time the sprite of a pokemon appears for the first time, I go into a fit of happiness. They are all so great! It does seem like more than half of them so far were revealed before the actual launch of the games, and therefore I am already familiar than them, but obviously that is going to change later on.

- Where are all the bug pokemon? No Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, or equivalent thereof. In fact, I don't think I've seen a single wild bug pokemon! I feel like an essential part of pokemon is gone! Instead, we just get that same squirrel guy over and over and over and over. At least Bidoof had a sort of charm to it, this guy is just a douche. :P

- Pokabu is adorable! So is its evolution (I guess those leaks were real after all) but do we really need another fire/fighting starter? :P

- Ok, so what was up with the first gym? The gym leader turned into three guys, and you got to choose whichever one you wanted to fight based on the type advantage he would give you? And it was extremely easy? blaah okay, I guess it's better than having yet another rock trainer.

- ummmm... ok what the fuck do I do now? These Galactic guards are blocking the way to Hiun city and I can't get through, or read anything anyone is telling me to do. :P Help??

There is a gym in the back of the museum.

Also, a lack of bugs? Just wait until trying to get to Hiun...

Update #6

-It seems like the later the gym, the easier it is. :/ Gym #6 is flying and everything dies to Electric type attacks

-Been a while since a rival battle with Cheren. Yay.

-I'm kind of surprised that I haven't come across the town that was in the demo yet.

-YAY SURF! :D You get it after beating Cheren.

-The mountain area next is pretty neat. I think the next town is located in the mountain, and there are a bunch of bridges and stuff that surround it while you trek through the mountain. You can find the ice bear Pokemon in the mountain.

-The animation for Fly outside of battle looks a lot cooler this generation. I can't really describe it, but it is a lot cooler, overall.

-MY CREEPY LIZARD EVOLVED! :D It's got great defenses now, and really great attack!

-So the place at the center of the mountain is more like a dig site, actually. Still, it's pretty cool.

-At the deepest part of the mountain, you can get Flash Cannon.

-Outside the mountain, there is a city, at last. On Route 8 and in Fukiyosa City, you can run into wild Pokemon when you are walking in the puddles.

-ASDFGHAG; I FOUND THE PLACE THAT WAS FEATURED IN THE DEMO! You know, that little town and stuff? It is Fukiyosa! Which is kind of weird since in the demo, the Pokemon were around level 10-25 and stuff, and here they're 30ish.

-There is yet another trade here, but I don't know for what. Well, they observe your Pokemon, but I don't know if they're traders or what.

-...I think I found the Pokemon fan club. I think. I'm not sure exactly what it is.

-The gym is located inside a cliff, which is pretty cool.

-...How the hell do you make an ice-type gym when you only have 7 Pokemon from 3 evolution lines who are actually ice types?

-Well, Candlemon FINALLY evolved. Now I've just got to wait until I get a Dusk Stone and I'll have my 145 Sp. Atk Chandelier.

-I'm kind of disappointed with how easy this gym leader was. I was able to take him out in about 5 turns with Jedi the Lizard.

Well that is all for now. Next time- SHOWDOWN WITH N (again)

It does learn Dig though, which is kind of interesting. My question is, if it dug itself underground, do Earthquake or Magnitude hit it since it is a flying type? :/

If I recall, a digging Gligar can't be hit by earthquake. Or, it couldn't. I obviously don't know if that's still the case. And now it's time for someone to prove me wrong, gogo!

Pokemon Black Pokedex translations; Pokebeach said:
# Deathmas (562): The mask Deathmas carries is its face from when it was human. Occasionally, it stares at it, sobbing.

:'(

# Deathkan (563): According to rumors, it swallows nearby humans and turns them into mummies. It likes to eat gold nuggets.

Bastard created Desumasu^

#Wargle (628): It fights for its friends’ sake without any regard to danger. It can grab a car and fly all the way up to the heavens with it.

It also does crack and heroin.

. . . Woah, I think poor Deathmas just beat Cubone for most depressing Dex entry ever. :( I want to get one on my team and never evolve it and beat a Deathkan really bad with it now...

Also, regarding Wargle's entry... *INSERT GURREN LAGAN-RELATED QUOTE HERE REGARDING WARGLE SWOOPING TO THE HEAVENS*

*IS BRICKED*

Deathmas's Dex entry is pretty depressing. I shall evolve it so it may get revenge on the Deathkan that ruined its life forever.
Monmen and Churine aren't technically version exclusives anymore! Yay!
We can get Rotom with an in-game trade. And we only have to trade a Ditto for it. I'm sure we all have tons of Dittos we can transfer to B/W, so it's an easy Rotom that now gets a type change.

So apparently now they're taking all the music down too.
WHICH IS FUCKING BALLS.
I've got it in my head and it won't leave and not being able to hear it isn't fun. ><

I mean, if I could rip it from the ROM I'd be fine, but I have /zero clue how/.

Dude, I think my love for Deathmas/Deathkan just skyrocketed after the Pokedex entries.

I also like Deathmas's name. It's like Christmas, only... Deathmas.

So apparently now they're taking all the music down too.
WHICH IS FUCKING BALLS.
I've got it in my head and it won't leave and not being able to hear it isn't fun. ><

I mean, if I could rip it from the ROM I'd be fine, but I have /zero clue how/.

Oh. My. God. Not the music too. Not the beautiful music. I only have one thing to say about this.

I HATE YOU LAWYER PERSON WHO'S TELLING EVERYBODY TO TAKE THIS STUFF DOWN.

Oh. My. God. Not the music too. Not the beautiful music. I only have one thing to say about this.

I HATE YOU LAWYER PERSON WHO'S TELLING EVERYBODY TO TAKE THIS STUFF DOWN.
I found a good rip of all the song though (thank you Dark Shocktail), so if your Google-Fu is strong you can still get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom