• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Brave New World

Raicha blushed and smiled in a childish manner despite her recent displays of unfriendliness.

"My mistake, I myself am not properly acquainted with anyone who resides within Veilstone. I am off on intel and scouting missions too frequently for that... A faulty assumption, hm." She lowered her head and thought to herself, "Well...the storage is kept not far from the South entrance. There should be a crater just by the gates with a wooden hut beside it. If you climb down into that crater you'll find a staircase that leads you down into the storage room. It's a bit chilly in there though."

----

The Skarmory took light steps towards him, her head jerking stiffly as she glanced around but her eyes were narrowed showing signs of curiosity.

"What advantages of the North is my lord so interested in?" Yuna sharply questioned him.

She hailed from the North of Sinnoh, it being her main nesting ground due to the large supply of prey including Mandibuzz, Braviary and Bouffalent. No one, not even Jiongu was aware of her real nest which was what made her so touchy on the subject.

The generator maintenance crew got a flat stare - Senica was a little too preoccupied to go 'No, really? like she wanted to. It was why she had released Dhiren in the first place - she trusted her Pokemon to give an accurate report of whether they had to expect company or not. The Nidoking was currently pacing near the gate, large ears swivelling to try to triangulate sound - and occasionally growling when one of the others appeared to be in his way.

"This is no good," he snarled now, turning on her abruptly. She was used to this sort of action from him, as if he was about to wreck something, and just stared up at him while the Poison-type ground his teeth. "There might be something outside. There might not be. Too far away to tell."

"Thanks anyways," she said sincerely, only for him to turn away again, tail lashing only a few centimetres from her face. She was used to that as well, and ignored it, though Arkios shifted a little. "Always in a bad mood," he remarked, to a grunt from his team mate. She would have felt better if she had managed to get Pronyma out as well - but the Tentacruel would have dehydrated quite quickly. But someone else was approaching the gates now, and she frowned at the onset of Pokemon she couldn't recognize. She really should have travelled to Unova at some point... Still, it didn't matter now. "Your team sensed something too? Good, you can be of some use."

And back to Malcolm, who released another Pokemon after recalling the Weavile. Arkios hissed despondently and she scowled at him. "I thought you knew I don't tolerate cryptic crap. Explain your plan and why Arkios wouldn't be able to handle it before we go any further." She had to brace herself as the Seviper uncurled from her and instead draped himself over Dhiren, adeptly avoiding the massive venomous spines with the ease of someone that both had practised curling up on the Nidoking and was also completely immune to him.

"Yes," he hissed, blinking slowly. "The cold was not so great that I would have ever been inconvenienced, especially now."

...Maybe, if the hail buildup melted fast enough and the sun faded, she could get Pronyma out - the Tentacruel was more reliable than Arkios, and perhaps less likely to interfere with scarf-boy's plans.

The light of the sun still wasn't able to penetrate the thick fog that blanketed the hills and cliffs near Celestic. That didn't matter to Isiei - with his psychic abilities, he could map out the entire valley in his mind's eye as if it were a perfectly clear day. Floating along one of the cliffsides, the Beheeyem was mentally scanning the valley for something... anything that might be out of the ordinary. He found nothing. Pokemon were going about their daily lives, feeding, sleeping, looking along the borders of their little scraps of territory.

In fact, if it weren't for the large number of shattered trees and occasional human houses, as well as a few corpses, Isei would think that this was a normal day on the route; that the rebellion had never happened. This was why Isiei had taken refuge in this area, and it was why he would stay there until the war ended.

If the war ends, he corrected, if one side ever brings fall to the other. I suppose if that never happens, I can content myself with staying in that town... staying and ruminating on what brought me there to begin with. He paused as he reached a spot where one cliffsides ended and a hill began. Solaceon was still ways away; he might have to teleport there if he wanted to spend more time investigating the ruins and not floating to the city in the first place.
----
"If you must know," Angon repeated, "the generals believe that the northern pokemon can help us in some way in the war; Jiongu is always willing to recruit more to his cause, so he is personally going north along with his best flyers and fire-types to recruit the pokemon in question. He might cause a little destruction up there just to prove a point for all I know; I really don't care what he does to the north as long as we get more numbers to our forces.

"As I said previously, I would think that you meet the requirements for 'one of our best flyers.' With that in mind, I suggest you go waste someone else's time before Jiongu sounds the rallying call for the platoon to go north."

Yuna let out an awful screeching noise, her sharp beak looming over him threateningly before she outstretched her wings. That snot... if it weren't for Jiongu she might try and make a meal out of this here fancy candle!

She dug at the ground with her large claws while flapping her wings to gain lift. "I hope not to see your face any time too soon." Came her shrill voice, her body lifting off of the ground. "You tell Jiongu I'll be out North waiting. I've still got an appetite to fulfill."

Her legs folded beneath her before she steered herself out of sight and headed for home. She wasn't all that sure what she was able to do to take care of her nest but she had to think of something before the platoon was sent.

Kupo was chuckling as she watched the vase being shattered. Seems she's been attracting things that crash and break lately. At least the tune he hummed earlier was merry and happy, and he seemed to understand the feeling of missing someone special. Not that she'd admit that the old man was special to her in that many words, but he was a large part of her life and she loved how the grump would get at times.

The crashing of the vase however seemed to have drawn another member of the household to their little duo. After introductions and mention of Payden, she could see the wonder in Narcissas eyes at the chance to watch a human. Smiling up at the pokemon, she moved aside as Glum had so she may go past. Resting herself on the railing, she watched them continue to talk about how to treat Payden and that he needed rest.

It was only when the other two pointed out the other party member did she notice the Togekiss of odd colouring, whom was growling under his throat and watching them with yellow eyes. She shifted off the railing as Narcissa stated his presence in a grave tone, floating higher when Glum tried to be calm and polite to the new pokemon. Kupo stared at him silently...

Until she tackles into him as fast as a bolt of electro-plasma can while issuing a high, strung out, 'squeeeee' on her trip from point A to point B and proceeds to snuggle into his chest feathers.

"Aaaaaaaaaaarc~<3"

Once Opal had stopped flinching she, at first, attempted to right herself only to discover her tail had been pinned. She tried wildly thrashing about to free herself but in her weakened state it didn't work. Then she heard about the berry storage.

"What good do you think they'll do?" She snarled, sheer hatred oozing out of every word she spoke "I've had every berry I've come across, just to try and keep me going and look what good they've done!" she pointed to her ribs again. "It's not like I can just swear off meat forever, unless I wanted to die."

She once again tried to pull herself free.

Raicha gave her a weak zap of electricity without even moving and grunted, "You'll have to make do for now. If the rebels wouldn't have taken over Hearthome we could rid of our hunger with..."

She was going to finish by saying poffins... but it gave her an idea! If she could get Veilstone a poffin machine the Pokemon wouldn't have to share rations with the humans and they'd survive more sustainably. She couldn't just blurt out her new goal though... not with the enemy right beside her.

Opal flinched at the zap, it's obvious she'd get no edible food through these guys. "Unless you were going to say 'steak' I doubt it'd do any good." She groaned. "So you can just let my tail go now."

L'Arc regarded the ghosts quietly as they spoke to him, answering only with a short nod of his head...until the Rotom made that loud squealing sound and rocketed toward him, making the bird step back and make a soft sound of surprise, expecting an attack. When the electric type didn't cause him any harm, he was puzzled, but then he realized that she was saying his name. That could only mean...

"Kupo...? What are you doing here?!" His voice was a bit louder now, but still stiff from disuse, "and who are these...? Where's Payden?"

---

Vienna had paused to watch the gathering of trainers with quiet interest, Luce skittering about on her shoulders, trying to get a better look. She couldn't make out what they were saying, really, but it must be important. She was new here, so she didn't really know anyone, or how things worked, so she liked to watch to try and learn, but it really hadn't worked how she would have liked it to so far.

One of the number started to leave with his Emboar - a Pokemon she recognized, as her mother had owned one - and she decided to follow after him, maybe he could help her...

"Oh, um, hello...!" She called, a bit quietly but trying to make herself heard.

Peter stopped and turned at the sound of someone's voice, then noticed the woman following him. Mac however, kept going a bit further. The Emboar snorted when he realized Peter had stopped. "You know, we've got something to do!" Mac complained. Peter waved somewhat dismissively and replied with a gesture toward the woman, "She wanted my attention, so I might as well."

He turned and waved. "Hey," he called back. "What's up? Do you need something?" He waited for the woman to either catch up or respond, Mac crossing his arms behind him as he watched. Peter gave a quick glance to the Emboar, who only snorted again, then looked back to the woman.

----------------------------------------

Glum almost ducked as Kupo came flying past, and looked inquisitively at her as she nuzzled the Togekiss. He then looked at the Togekiss and nodded. "If Payden is the name of the human resting in the guest room... then he's here, and recovering... I am Glum, I reside here. I will not harm you, or that man.... You're welcome to come in and see him, and stay for a while...."

The Dusknoir looked back into the Chateau for a moment, then turned and went to pull open the door. He thought it best to try and show as much as possible the least amount of threat possible. This Togekiss was clearly distraught and would probably snap at the first sign of danger, at least as he saw it.

Narcissa looked back from Kupo, to the being she was nuzzling, then at Glum, and the cycle repeated several more times. She blinked, her red eyes wide and childlike. It was so peculiar, to say the least! That winged being... The white draconic bird... Did he know the human as well? And by pure luck he happened to fly over the Chateau and find him. She looked at Glum again as the word "Payden" escaped his mouth, and her humming ceased. "Payden?" she repeated, trying the word out on her lips. "Is that... Is that the human's name? ... That's... interesting..."

The Mismagius turned back to the door leading to the room Payden was resting in, and her lips pulled back into the trademark W-shaped smile. "... This 'Payden...' He must be very important if you're seeking for him," Narcissa called out to L'Arc, turning her head to face him. She floated back over to the Dusknoir, blinking up at him questioningly. "Hey, Glum, was it? Do you... think all humans are as important as this one?" she asked him quietly, keeping her voice low enough where the Togekiss or the Rotom wouldn't hear, "They are an interesting species... So... mysterious..." She giggled softly to herself, her voice eerily giddy and high-pitched. She started to hum again after this, the theme ominous.

Angon looked at the space that Yuna had formerly occupied. "Hmm," he thought aloud, "If I'd known telling her to bother someone else would get rid of her, I'd have done it sooner." He floated outside the stone wall of Hearthome, paying no heed to the guards - they all knew who he was, and they knew that whenever he or any of the generals went through the gates, there was business to be done.

The business in this case took the form of a visit to the Lost Tower. Ever since the First Day, the old ghost tower had become even more of a grounds for ghosts of the rebellion - it was also where at least a few members of Angon's cadre spent their spare time if they weren't experimenting on humans. The Chandelure hoped that the stronger members of his squad were currently in the Tower; he didn't have time to both check on his experiments personally and carry out his current plans before Jiongu made his move.

And the plans in question were of course preparations for when they returned; Angon wanted it to be ready to meet him by the time their business up north was finished. That was why he was floating away from Hearthome and towards the tower as fast as he could. Even now, in the morning, time was a precious commodity.

I suppose it would be prudent to tell Jiongu of the Skarmory's actions when next I see him, Angon thought, I can never remember how well he reacts to his serfs taking action on their own...
----
Jiongu was currently standing atop the highest spire on the fortress. From his vantage point, he could see all of the sprawling city beneath him. Pokemon all around were going about their new daily lives, working together to turn this former human hive into a utopia fit for pokemon.

He could see from here things outside the city. The Lost Tower loomed high in the east, and beyond that he could even see the shimmering haze that protected the last human lair. The place they called Veilstone.

It's practically mocking, he thought, they cower behind that dome, knowing that were they to lower it for even a moment, my army would crush the city under our heels. They know we have them beaten; it's only a matter of time before I kill them all myself.

It disgusted him that so many of the pokemon in the south were complacent with the land they had - land that they wouldn't have had at all if Jiongu hadn't rallied them to take it all those weeks ago. He was the one that inspired them to overrun that disgusting swamp and reclaim it from the equally disgusting humans that lived there. Part of him had half a mind to go and slaughter the swamp pokemon for being so ungrateful.

No, he reasoned, doing so defeats the purpose of your plan to make utopia for pokemon in the first place. You can deal with those of the swamp in due time, when your rule over this continent has been solidified - but to do so before that moment could incite rebellion. Now is not the time. Later, however...

Yes, later would do. Jiongu would merely have to be patient and wait until he had reduced the humans of this land to powder. Until then... well, those of the south would be able to live their lives in peace.

She snuggles into his chest feather more, then phases right through him and sits on his head as she giggles down at him. "Payden and us have been running the entire time, trying to find you and her. So is Vienna here? Did she come with you? Payden would be overjoyed to see her and and baby! Come on come on come on teeeeeeell meeeeee!"

She then took a breath and hopped off his head to float in front of his face. "These are Glum and Narcissa. They are friendly and Gkum let us in so Payden and Bran could rest. Bran's wing got messed up back in the attacks and hasn't had time to stretch it in some time since Payden kept her in the pokeball for safety. Payden on the other hand is a klutz and messed up his arm twice during this whole thing so he has a busted arm. Man I am so happy to see you Old Man, you have no idea the things that have gone through my head!"

She then looks over the railing to where Glum opened the door, scanning the grand hall below for life with a wide smile. After a few moment her smile faded as she continued to not see anyone other than Glum below, realizing the reason for Arc's gruff voice. "You...haven't talked in a while. You were separated from her weren't you...oh Arc I'm sorry for being so insistent" she whispered, leaning back against him and giving him small gentle jolts of static. "Payden is in the room over there sleeping, So is Bran, Bun and Vyne...I've missed you Old Man"

Glum closed the door again with a creaking thud. No one else out there. Things were okay now, so he floated over to Narcissa. "Interesting, yes... but I am unsure if they are all this important... depends on who you ask and who they are, I would say. This one seems to know this Payden, possibly through a related trainer or something... He said quietly back. From the sound of it, the Togekiss that Kupo was with may have been lost. The Dusknoir was unsure of how to take the situation.

After a short while, Glum mustered the will to finally ask the Togekiss about things. He floated over and made an "ahem" sound, before asking, "I know it may be rude to intrude on your relations here, but how do you know this Payden, and what has brought you here other than him, if not him? Are you lost?" It felt right to him to know what was going on and find the best way to possibly help.

Opal was getting tired of being pinned to the spot, with her claws glowing a brown aura she began to burrow under, going round and aiming a claw at the part of Raicha's tail that was earthed in an attempt to free her own tail.

(Sorry, felt like there wasn't enough to work with on my last post...)

(It's fine ^^)

Raicha scowled at the creature without sympathy. With her chest puffed she declared, "Any sustenance is valuable when trying to survive, hm."

She then looked over her shoulder to see the if the Absol was still near and in that moment, Opal began to Dig hastily. The Raichu tried to tighten her tail but found the loose dirt troublesome. Raichu stood on her hind legs and scrunched her nose, making a knot of grass tie around the base of Opal's tail (Grass Knot).

"You hopeless creature, oh how you squirm." She released her own tail from the earth and waved it behind herself as she smirked. "You're not leaving till you've had your fill of berries. I'm sure the foul taste it'll leave on your tongue will turn off your appetite for a while."

----

Yuna made haste in returning to the North. Her shadow alerting the indigenous species as it danced over the land. Hanging from the side of her mouth was what appeared to be the wing of some feathered Pokemon but she was quick to swallow it before landing.

Jerking her head about in subtle movements, the Skarmory cautiously proceeded onward to her nest to rest a while before planning on what to do about Jiongu's motives.

Opal was willing to play nice up to this point but now she was desperate to escape. She threw everything she could at Raicha, trying to hit her on the way to the surface (dig), sinking her teeth into Raicha (poison fang), splitting (double team) and even using Thunderbolt. She was relentless now, completely ignoring any pain.

Arilan lay in his cave, watching the bustle of the rebel Pokemon he'd started working with at the gate of Hearthome. He was still somewhat wary of a few of them, but otherwise, he was warming up, somewhat. They shared his goal. He shared theirs. He might as well go see what they were setting up today. He got up slowly from where he lay, and padded out toward the gates, entering the city that was now nearly a Pokemon stronghold. It still amazed him sometimes how much all of them did together.

He padded along, before leaping up a post and surveying things. He was uncomfortable walking in the stream of traveling Pokemon now, and preferred to find a quick way to his destination. After a moment, he hopped along a few rocks and walked down a side street, taking a stroll through the dark part of the city and cutting some corners from the main path. He was alone here, it made him feel good.

He ended up behind the Fortress, and he walked around the side to watch what was going on. He was intrigued what the higher ups had planned. I wonder if they're finally setting up... He thought. I can't wait to shred some humans with the lack of care they show my kind... He impulsively growled at the thought, but quickly stopped and backed into the shadows again.

(Got the pm, Exo. I'll let her go.)

Raicha yelped at the sudden pain in her arm and flailed to tumble away from Opal. With an electrically charged fist she absorbed the Thunderbolt before slamming her tight paw into the ground. A heavy cloud of dust rose as the earth beneath them gave way. The impact also loosened the Grass Knot, freeing the desperate creature from the rodents wrath.

The Raichu panted and coughed while trying to see through the mess she had made. Her tails drooped once she realized her hostage was gone.

Opal didn't even look back once as she fled. In her weakened state, the Venom from her fangs was only enough to maybe cause sharp stinging pains but she didn't care, she was free!

The Nidorina splice kept going and dived into a patch of very tall grass. She had intended to hide there when she noticed a not-so-fortified town ahead of her. Seemed quiet too, any humans living there would probably be easy pickings.

So without a second thought Opal shot through the grass and into Solaceon town.

Back
Top Bottom